LC 4.11: National Guard Reorganization and Modernization Act (Final Vote)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:18:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 4.11: National Guard Reorganization and Modernization Act (Final Vote)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 4.11: National Guard Reorganization and Modernization Act (Final Vote)  (Read 462 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 09, 2019, 10:04:21 PM »
« edited: October 17, 2019, 06:22:25 PM by Speaker OneJ »

National Guard Reorganization and Modernization act

Preamble

Provided with the fact of repeated intrusions, armed insurrections, unpredictable weather patterns, and melodrama from foreign actors acted against this fine Region of Lincoln, it is safe to say that Lincoln needs to be at an equal footing to deal with threats on its sovereignty.

This legislation seeks to protect Lincoln residents by having a multirole organization to deal with events both occurring simultaneously and in need of an agile response.

Section I: Naming

1. This act shall be named the National Guard Reorganization and Modernization Act

Section II: Reorganization of Priorities
1. The National guard shall be bounded by several preconditions for deployment in Lincoln
(a) As an auxiliary force for first responders in the wake of a large scale incident
   I. Disruption of the peace by armed hostile actors
       1. May not be used in the face of protests with a lack of a heavily armed hostile actor
            (a) Heavily-armed refers to documented widespread use of firearms and explosives
   II. A lack of ability for local first responders to deal with a natural disaster
       (a) May then be allowed to intervene for the purposes of
             1. Medical assistance
             2. Preserving peace
             3. Infrastructure rebuilding
             4. Sortition of essential needs
   III. Such a severity in need of a possible deployment shall be left to the decision of the Governors personal discretion

Section III: Reorganization
1. The National Guard of Lincoln shall be organized in the following way
(a) The leading position of the force, the Chief, shall be appointed by the governor from
   I. A minimum set requirement of being
       1. Living in Lincoln as a primary resident more than 10 years
       2. Having acquired the minimum rank of an officer for 5+ years
       3. Having no record of an act of
            I. Nepotism
            II. Embezzlement

(b) The National Guard of Lincoln shall be divided into Models resembling the official functions of the Atlasian Armed Forces
     I. An Army
     II. An Airforce
     III. A regional Coast Guard
     IV. An Engineer Corps
     V. A Medical Corps
(c) The standards of the National Guard shall be met by following the current standards of the Atlasian Armed forces the start of the fiscal year
(d) The budget for this National Guard shall amass to 0.5% more the cumulative budget of the other regions budget to a National Guard or equivalent force
Section IV: Nongovernmental Revenue Procurement

1. The National Guard will have a holiday every July 1st as a regional spectacle
(a) Such an event will occur where of the regional Government’s choosing
(b) Will cooperate with local businesses to create a festive environment
(c) there will be a designated area open to the public only after the purchase of tickets
2. Retired or damaged stock shall be sold for the purposes of civilian usage after modifications done to the equipment and assets to remove military-grade qualitative features so as to follow regional law

section V: implementation
1. This bill shall be made into law at January 1st, 2025

Sponsor: PSOL

The debating period has commenced. It shall last no longer than 72 hours.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 06:54:05 PM »

With recent issues regarding the sovereignty of Lincoln, I think it’s in order to be prepared for further incidents. In recent memory, there have been cases of unrest and sedition by various actors. This bill seeks to keep the citizenry of Lincoln safe and secure. On the various specifics;

The first section deals with the purpose and appropriate triggers to deploy such a force. The second section merely reorganizes the force into resembling a semi-professional force. It compartmentalizes and specializes what units are in the Lincoln National Guard, while raising the bar on qualitative leadership roles.

The second clause allows for the bill to pay itself, by having an annual parade and by selling discontinued stock.

While forgotten, I do plan to submit an amendment that raises the total volunteering enrollment to 10,000 active guards-persons for this region of Lincoln, and for appropriately calling this a regional guard.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 07:26:54 PM »

Atlasian Constitution, Article II, Section 3
5. No Region shall lay any duty of tonnage, nor grant any title of nobility, nor maintain armed forces in times of peace, nor issue, coin, or recognize as legal tender any currency but that of the Republic of Atlasia.

Not certain, but this reorganisation is possibly unconstitutional, as it possibly expands the National Guard to such an extent that it constitutes an armed force rather than a constitutional militia.
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 02:51:56 AM »

I agree with PSOL. It's time we protect the sovereignty of Lincoln.

I recommend an AYE vote.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »

in light of there being confusion, I propose the following amendment
State Defense Force of LincolnReorganization and Modernization act

Preamble

Provided with the fact of repeated intrusions, armed insurrections, unpredictable weather patterns, and melodrama from foreign actors acted against this fine Region of Lincoln, it is safe to say that Lincoln needs to be at an equal footing to deal with threats on its sovereignty.

This legislation seeks to protect Lincoln residents by having a multirole organization to deal with events both occurring simultaneously and in need of an agile response.

1. This act shall be named the State Defense Force of Lincoln Reorganization and Modernization Act

1. The State Defense Force of Lincoln shall be bounded by several preconditions for deployment in Lincoln
(a) As an auxiliary force for first responders in the wake of a large scale incident
       1. May not be used in the face of protests with a lack of a heavily armed hostile actor
            (a) Heavily-armed refers to documented widespread use of firearms and explosives
   II. A lack of ability for local first responders to deal with a natural disaster
             1. Medical assistance
             2. Preserving peace
   III. Such a severity in need of a possible deployment shall be left to the decision of the Governors personal discretion

1. The State Defense Force of Lincoln shall be organized in the following way
(a) The leading position of the force, the Chief, shall be appointed by the governor from
       2. Having acquired the minimum rank of an officer of the Atlasian Armed Force for 5+ years
            I. Nepotism
            II. Embezzlement

(b) The State Defense Force shall be divided into Models resembling the official functions of the Atlasian Armed Forces
     I. An Army
     II. An Airforce
     IV. An Engineer Corps
     V. A Medical Corps
(c) The standards shall be established as following the current standards of the Atlasian Armed forces the start of the fiscal year
(d) The budget for this National Guard shall amass to 0.5% more the cumulative budget of the other regions budget of an equivalent force

1. There will be a festival every July 1st as a regional spectacle
(c) there will be a designated area open to the public only after the purchase of tickets
2. Retired or damaged stock shall be sold for the purposes of civilian usage after modifications done to the equipment and assets to remove military-grade qualitative features so as to follow regional law

Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 12:57:48 PM »

To be quite honest, I'm not that much of a fan of this initiative. I'll think some more about it, but for now, keep debating Smiley.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 05:29:39 PM »

To be quite honest, I'm not that much of a fan of this initiative. I'll think some more about it, but for now, keep debating Smiley.
Can you give any critique or amending you would like to see worked on the bill as it stands.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 05:30:15 PM »

Can you give any critique or additions on the bill as it stands.

Certainly! I'll think up any Amendments I'd like to see added, thanks PSOL.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 05:42:34 PM »

Do any councilors object to Councilman PSOL's amendment?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 01:51:09 PM »

If there are no other responses, I think we can head to voting procedure.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 03:56:17 PM »

Councilors have 24 hours to object Councilman PSOL's motion for a final vote.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 06:21:59 PM »

Forgot to open this. Thanks to ASV for reminding me. Councilmembers have 48 hours to vote AYE, NAY, or ABSTAIN.

Nay.

While I do think there are some good intentions in this bill, there are some good points being raised that are possibly unconstitutional and it may interfere with what they are intended to do nationally.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 06:36:35 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2019, 06:40:51 PM by PSOL »

Aye, it is perfectly in our rights to have a state militia that is well regulated to serve the needs of the public of each region as they see fit. This in no way breaks any of those laws as updated with the new amendment.

Furthermore, it is needed for Lincoln to be prepared for the worst of calamities by having an auxiliary force that would be prepared. This bill in no way creates a parallel armed forces, as stated in my updated amendment, nor does it takepower away from the Governor. In fact, this bill actually affirms one of our duties as to have a constitutional militia, not an armed force as described in the courts, as a function needed to be partaken by this body as a whole.

Also, something that I just Noticed is that the bill hasn’t been updated to showcase the friendly amendment I put into place. Can such a thing be updated so as to not cause confusion ?
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 06:41:34 PM »

AYE
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2019, 07:53:40 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2019, 11:53:18 PM by Speaker OneJ »

Ah, yes. I apologize Chancellor.

State Defense Force of Lincoln Reorganization and Modernization act

Preamble

1. This act shall be named the State Defense Force of Lincoln Reorganization and Modernization Act

1. The State Defense Force of Lincoln shall be bounded by several preconditions for deployment in Lincoln
            1. Medical assistance
            2. Preserving peace

1. The State Defense Force of Lincoln shall be organized in the following way
      2. Having acquired the minimum rank of an officer of the Atlasian Armed Force for 5+ years
           I. Nepotism
           II. Embezzlement

(b) The State Defense Force shall be divided into Models resembling the official functions of the Atlasian Armed Forces
    I. An Army
    II. An Airforce
    IV. An Engineer Corps
    V. A Medical Corps
(c) The standards shall be established as following the current standards of the Atlasian Armed forces the start of the fiscal year
(d) The budget for this National Guard shall amass to 0.5% more the cumulative budget of the other regions budget of an equivalent force

1. There will be a festival every July 1st as a regional spectacle

Pragmatist_TNAG
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 09:15:48 PM »

Aye
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2019, 06:27:18 AM »

Nay

We have a federal national guard to deal with those problems, and this will add another burden on our budget.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies