Connecticut poll on who you think wins: Biden 36 Warren 14 Sanders 11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:55:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Connecticut poll on who you think wins: Biden 36 Warren 14 Sanders 11
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Connecticut poll on who you think wins: Biden 36 Warren 14 Sanders 11  (Read 768 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2019, 12:12:34 PM »
« edited: October 10, 2019, 06:33:22 PM by marty »

The poll also found that former Vice President Joe Biden with an overwhelming lead over other Democratic presidential candidates in Connecticut . Biden received the support of 36% of respondents . Sen. Elizabeth Warren (14%) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (10.8%) are in second and third. Sen. Kamala Harris and Mayor Pete Buttigieg received around 2%.

https://www.wtnh.com/news/new-poll-shows-disapproval-ratings-of-governor-lamont-on-the-rise/amp/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_WTNH&__twitter_impression=true

The poll is buried in an article about the governor
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 12:18:42 PM »

Bad poll for Warren. Despite her rise in nationwide primary polls, she trails Biden by double digits in a state next door state like Connecticut (due to its proximity with Massachusetts).
Cinemark

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 12:20:30 PM »

Always happy to have more polls, and I do expect Connecticut to be one of the best states for Biden in New England. Still, a poll taken over a period of three weeks should be met with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Edit: Also, it seems like the primary question wasnt asked untill much later in the poll. Also a big red flag.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 12:28:07 PM »

JUNK!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 12:35:41 PM »

Yikes.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 12:49:48 PM »

The Democratic electorate in Connecticut is whiter (but still decently diverse), more liberal, and more college-educated and wealthier than the average state and I'm supposed to believe Biden is ahead by 20+ points. Calling garbage on this one.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 12:54:36 PM »

The Democratic electorate in Connecticut is whiter (but still decently diverse), more liberal, and more college-educated and wealthier than the average state and I'm supposed to believe Biden is ahead by 20+ points. Calling garbage on this one.

It's an older, heavily suburban, and well-off state. I don't see why it's hard to believe.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 01:05:49 PM »

It's an older, heavily suburban, and well-off state. I don't see why it's hard to believe.

The only thing going for Biden that you described is older. If national polls are showing a dead heat and Elizabeth Warren is shown to do well with well-off demographics (which, she is) why is she doing so bad in Connecticut?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 01:06:49 PM »

A Northeastern progressive technocrat like Warren should be killing it in a state like this.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 01:08:40 PM »

Not buying it, not unless Biden is up by 20-30 nationally. I could see it being his best New England state, but Warren should at least be close to winning it, if not winning it by a decent margin if she's even with Biden nationally.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 01:48:39 PM »

Well since Connecticut is canonically NOT part of New England I don't think Warren should be that alarmed.
n1240

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2019, 02:00:43 PM »

This isn't a preference poll, which I think might explain the obscurity of the results. Rather than asking for preference, the question was, "Right now, the front runners for the Democratic Party are believed to be by many Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, and Pete Buttigieg. If the Democratic primary in Connecticut were held tomorrow, which candidate do you think would win?", which I would expect to produce very different results than simple preference poll. I imagine some voters would naturally consider this a preference poll, but I'm not sure if too much information can be gathered from this. While it seems like the consensus on this forum and in betting markets that Warren is now emerging as the favorite, I could see the average citizen lagging behind in thinking that Biden is still the favorite (nationally and in Connecticut), given that he has been considered the favorite to win the nomination for a majority of the past year or so.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2019, 02:08:54 PM »

If the Democratic primary in Connecticut were held tomorrow, which candidate do you think would win?"

This changes the meaning entirely. You are correct, this is not a preference poll at all. Very misleading from WTNH.
ShamDam
ChanDan

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 02:26:06 PM »

How is it possible that Warren is ahead in national polls and early state polls but Biden seems to be ahead in all the rando states?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 03:09:36 PM »

Given that this is just a poll asking who Connecticut Democrats think will win the primary, it is not relevant to this subforum.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »

Great poll for Uncle Joe! Governor Ned Lamont has endorsed him, but I'm not sure that has any impact here.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 06:32:58 PM »

Given that this is just a poll asking who Connecticut Democrats think will win the primary, it is not relevant to this subforum.

Sorry guys, just seeing this.

I am sorry for the misleading thread title. My fault for not doing good job reading poll.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2019, 06:43:39 PM »

Great poll for Uncle Joe! Governor Ned Lamont has endorsed him, but I'm not sure that has any impact here.

That might hurt him if anything.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies