Why did Nixon '60 and Ford '76..... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:53:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Why did Nixon '60 and Ford '76..... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why did Nixon '60 and Ford '76.....  (Read 1704 times)
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: October 11, 2019, 11:13:38 PM »

I would question why anybody would think Democrats will have a landslide in the future, given we are now as far from the LBJ landslide as the Civil War was from the Spanish Flu. They've only had two Presidents who have done so since the Civil War, whereas most Republican Presidents have actually won landslides. I would even question the notion they will ever recapture Obama's level of rural support - they've moved way too far into Bloombergism for that.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 12:40:33 AM »

I would question why anybody would think Democrats will have a landslide in the future, given we are now as far from the LBJ landslide as the Civil War was from the Spanish Flu. They've only had two Presidents who have done so since the Civil War, whereas most Republican Presidents have actually won landslides. I would even question the notion they will ever recapture Obama's level of rural support - they've moved way too far into Bloombergism for that.

LMAO

Why so amused? Did you pay attention to Hillary's campaign in 2016? Or the 2018 midterms? The idea that "Dems are far-left because AOC said [insert here]!" is nonsense.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 04:21:51 AM »

LMAO

Why so amused? Did you pay attention to Hillary's campaign in 2016? Or the 2018 midterms? The idea that "Dems are far-left because AOC said [insert here]!" is nonsense.

Just look at the Dem field today

The one Joe Biden has lead all year and has Kamala Harris as a semi-serious candidate?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies