The 100 States of America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:16:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The 100 States of America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 100 States of America  (Read 4934 times)
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -5.57

« on: October 11, 2019, 03:11:35 AM »
« edited: October 11, 2019, 03:23:53 AM by ctherainbow »

Cool project!   Cheesy   For naming Pennsylvania's divisions, could I suggest Philadelphia for the Philadelphia area, Susquehanna for the area that largely contains the Susquehanna River and encompasses the Lehigh/Wyoming/Susquehanna valleys, Appalachia for the area that's covered by the Appalachian Plateau/Mountains, and Allegheny for the Pittsburgh-area division?

Edit:  I see from reading one of your replies that you already decided on Allegheny!  I feel like if you wanted to retain the name of the original state "Pennsylvania", you could label the north/central PA division with that, as either "Pennsylvania" or "Appalachia" would be appropriate for that area.  I just have a bias against names starting with P, since I think it's an ugly letter.    Angry
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 09:12:03 PM »

Yup, Philadelphia, Allegheny and Pennsylvania were the names I had in mind respectively for the Philly-based, Pittsburgh-based, and North-Central states! Smiley Sorry that P is not pleasing to you, but I don't think it shows up too often overall if that helps. Tongue

For the East-Central state, the name I had in mind was Cumberland, but you're right, Susquehanna fits better.

Great minds think alike?    Tongue

Yeah, Cumberland would fit well if the state was based further south, but since it stretches along the Susquehanna, that's why I thought to suggest it.  I may also be a bit biased, since I'm from Susquehanna County, which sadly would still be in Pennsylvania, and not Susquehanna, after the split.   Cry  Curly
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies