FT 13.11 – Workers' Just Compensation Act of 2019 (Awaiting signature)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:08:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 13.11 – Workers' Just Compensation Act of 2019 (Awaiting signature)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 13.11 – Workers' Just Compensation Act of 2019 (Awaiting signature)  (Read 667 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 01, 2019, 09:05:26 PM »
« edited: October 14, 2019, 06:53:43 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

AN ACT
to address rising inequality in wages

Section 1 (Title & definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Workers' Just Compensation Act of 2019." It may be cited as the "WJCA."
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "non-exempt company" shall refer to any proprietorship, partnership, or corporation which employs persons to do work in Frémont in a given fiscal year.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, "employee" shall refer to any person employed by a non-exempt company to do work in Frémont in a given fiscal year.

Section 2 (Minimum share of net profits paid as wages)
i. No less than 60% of the net profits of any non-exempt company shall be budgeted annually for the payment of salaries to its employees.

Section 3 (Addressing wage inequality)
i. No employee of a non-exempt company shall earn a monthly salary equal to more than 300% of the lowest monthly salary paid by that company.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This Act shall take effect on the first day of the 2021 fiscal year.
Sponsor: Harry S Truman, Speaker

The member from North Dakota has the floor.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 09:16:21 PM »

One of the most startling trends in recent years has been the extent to which, despite a growing economy, an increasingly large share of the wealth in this country is controlled by an increasingly small number of people. This is obviously a problem for anyone who aspires to a more equal society: it is a greater problem still for anyone who does not wish to see the collapse of capitalism as we know it in their lifetime. Simply put, workers have a right to the fruits of their labor, and it is in the best interests of everyone that we put capital in the hands of more people, thereby increasing the ranks of consumers and encouraging them to spend money and fuel economic growth.

This bill would take a large step in the right direction by mandating a minimum sum of net profits to be allocated for employee salaries and capping the highest salaried position in a company to 300% of the lowest salary. The result will be a more even sharing of profits while preserving the principle of private enterprise and avoiding the need for massive tax increases across the board. (But if y'all really want to, I suppose that could be arranged.)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 08:36:58 PM »

In addition to creating a level playing field, redistributing these profits more fairly should reduce the need for workers to depend on government assistance programs like SNAP.  It is disturbing how so many full-time employed workers are forced to rely on state assistance because they are not paid a living wage.

This has my full support.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 12:47:33 PM »

Seeing as it's been a week, I move for a vote.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 09:10:26 PM »

Seeing no objection, we proceed to a vote. Members will vote Aye, Nay, or abstain. Voting will last 48 hours or until all members have voted.

Aye!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 09:32:20 PM »

Aye
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 09:28:34 PM »

Aye.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 06:53:31 PM »

With three votes in favor and two not voting, the resolution carries.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 12:37:35 PM »

AN ACT
to address rising inequality in wages

Section 1 (Title & definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Workers' Just Compensation Act of 2019." It may be cited as the "WJCA."
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "non-exempt company" shall refer to any proprietorship, partnership, or corporation which employs persons to do work in Frémont in a given fiscal year.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, "employee" shall refer to any person employed by a non-exempt company to do work in Frémont in a given fiscal year.

Section 2 (Minimum share of net profits paid as wages)
i. No less than 60% of the net profits of any non-exempt company shall be budgeted annually for the payment of salaries to its employees.

Section 3 (Addressing wage inequality)
i. No employee of a non-exempt company shall earn a monthly salary equal to more than 300% of the lowest monthly salary paid by that company.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This Act shall take effect on the first day of the 2021 fiscal year.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies