AK-Sen: A GROSS opponent for Dan Sullivan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:45:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AK-Sen: A GROSS opponent for Dan Sullivan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: AK-Sen: A GROSS opponent for Dan Sullivan  (Read 9527 times)
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2020, 05:35:53 PM »

Senate Leadership Fund, the top super PAC aligned with Senate Republicans, is making its first ad investment in Alaska, a state that's seen a recent influx of Democratic spending aimed at taking down Republican Sen. Dan Sullivan.

SLF will spend $1.6 million on TV, radio and digital ads there to start on Wednesday and run for 18 days, the group confirmed to NBC News.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/blog/meet-press-blog-latest-news-analysis-data-driving-political-discussion-n988541/ncrd1240383#blogHeader

Looks like someone up top has started to see writing on the wall.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2020, 06:04:27 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2020, 06:07:32 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

AK, KS and SC are wave insurance,  so that Ds get to 51 seats before the GA runoffs. You dont want a power sharing agreement with obstructionist McConnell, with 50 votes, Sinema, Casy and Manchin are the swing voters and would orchestrate a power sharing agreement if its 50 votes only.

Power sharing agreement is what McCain orchestrated when Rs had a 51/50 Senate in 2000
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2020, 12:47:14 AM »

I hope we get some more polling soon, Gross seems like an underrated candidate.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2020, 12:50:27 AM »

Even if you get AK polling it never means much
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2020, 07:28:52 AM »

NYT/Siena is about to poll Alaska, per Nate Cohn.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2020, 08:43:22 AM »

NYT/Siena is about to poll Alaska, per Nate Cohn.

I'm really curious to see the results, though I hope it isn't one of those NYT polls with tons of undecides.

Anyways, I'll prolly keep this at tilt R regardless of the results of the poll.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2020, 08:46:16 AM »

Dr Gross and Dr Bollier are Doctors during a Pandemic, they are doing well enough to have a mild upset in their respective states
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2020, 03:29:54 AM »

Anyone watched the debate? From what I read Sullivan spent most of his time attacking Maria Cantwell.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2020, 03:43:19 AM »

DONT SLEEP ON AL GROSS
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2020, 06:53:00 AM »

Anyone watched the debate? From what I read Sullivan spent most of his time attacking Maria Cantwell.

I watched about half an hour of it and both candidates seemed to assume the electorate was more high-information than conventional wisdom does. They started with the usual boogeymen of AOC/Schumer/corporate PACs and Sullivan later moved onto Sanders, but they spent a lot of time talking about committee assignments and giving up/taking influence in areas relevant to Alaska. Maria Cantwell was invoked a fair few times but so was Roger Wicker, who Sullivan gave up a chairmanship to in exchange for another brief.

The moderator was excellent and there was a section where they were actually quizzed on politically relevant questions, which seemed fun.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2020, 09:14:14 AM »

A (probably small, but who knows?) scandal has been brewing here for Sullivan:

The race drew some national attention last month when secretly recorded videos leaked by an environmental group showed Tom Collier, the now-former CEO of a mining partnership looking to develop Alaska’s Pebble Mine, talking about his influence over Sullivan.

While Sullivan had put out a statement indicating he was opposed to the Pebble Mine project due to its environmental impact, the footage showed Collier boasting about the company’s sway over local officials and suggesting the senator was hoping to “ride out the election” and would not ultimately be an impediment to the project.

Gross has called on Sullivan to return donations from Collier. For his part, Sullivan has insisted he “unequivocally” believes the Pebble Mine project “cannot be permitted.”

“Any suggestion otherwise is either wishful thinking, a blatant mischaracterization, or a desperate attempt to secure funding for a mine that cannot move forward,” Sullivan said in a statement.

A story that old would not normally be electorally noteworthy, but perhaps there is something here. The Intercept is usually a bit trashy, but that they've picked the story up this late suggests it still has some momentum.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2020, 10:06:38 AM »

A (probably small, but who knows?) scandal has been brewing here for Sullivan:

The race drew some national attention last month when secretly recorded videos leaked by an environmental group showed Tom Collier, the now-former CEO of a mining partnership looking to develop Alaska’s Pebble Mine, talking about his influence over Sullivan.

While Sullivan had put out a statement indicating he was opposed to the Pebble Mine project due to its environmental impact, the footage showed Collier boasting about the company’s sway over local officials and suggesting the senator was hoping to “ride out the election” and would not ultimately be an impediment to the project.

Gross has called on Sullivan to return donations from Collier. For his part, Sullivan has insisted he “unequivocally” believes the Pebble Mine project “cannot be permitted.”

“Any suggestion otherwise is either wishful thinking, a blatant mischaracterization, or a desperate attempt to secure funding for a mine that cannot move forward,” Sullivan said in a statement.

A story that old would not normally be electorally noteworthy, but perhaps there is something here. The Intercept is usually a bit trashy, but that they've picked the story up this late suggests it still has some momentum.

They're late to the table.  Gross has been running ads with this story for months.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2020, 02:06:45 PM »

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2020, 02:08:30 PM »

This race is approaching Tilt R
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2020, 02:38:03 PM »

Between this, MT, KS, AK, and SC, it seems like Democrats are statistically likely to win at least one senate seat in a Trump end sup winning.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2020, 02:41:24 PM »

Yeah due to fact, Leaders McConnell and Pelosi are standing their ground on the stimulus and won't force to chose until next CR is due on 12/1. Stimulus will be passed and they will make it retroactive

Daines is blocling the stimulus and has the most to lose an the incubent running against Bullock
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2020, 08:38:38 PM »

The official candidate page, updated 5 minutes prior to the filing deadline, now has one more write-in candidate: Karen Nanouk.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2020, 01:46:37 PM »

I was so right about this and Iowa.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies