Name a current Atlas trope that really, really, really won't age well
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:41:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Name a current Atlas trope that really, really, really won't age well
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Name a current Atlas trope that really, really, really won't age well  (Read 10758 times)
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2020, 03:04:56 PM »

"Biden picking Harris for VP would be an awful decision for his campaign"

--In reality, there has been hardly any backlash and fundraising is off the charts.

"Biden, because of his lengthy record and low enthusiasm, will be easy to define and Trump will be able drive down his favorability rating to Hillary levels"

--Biden's favorability rating is actually positive in a lot of polls. And has not seen any negative movement

"The race will tighten soon"

--Still hasn't
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2020, 03:23:33 PM »

- Florida is Titanium tilt R
- wait till the debates, Trump may tighten it up
- Biden is doing poorly among hispanics and that will cost him
-All of the undecideds will go R
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2020, 04:03:07 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2020, 04:06:42 PM by EastOfEden »

A lot of the early posts in here didn't age well.

I'll start: Texas will be competitive. (I hope this one is correct, but it's probably gonna look silly.)

That Yang has no chance. And that Biden will easily cruise to the general because of the deep south.

Ohio is Likely R, bordering on safe.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2020, 04:21:57 PM »

That Yang has no chance. And that Biden will easily cruise to the general because of the deep south.

How did this age badly? This is pretty much reality
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2020, 04:29:36 PM »

How did this age badly? This is pretty much reality

People posted them as things that themselves wouldn't age well.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2020, 04:42:41 PM »

Georgia (especially) and Texas can be "competitive" while Trump still wins them. Don't immediately say everyone who said Georgia will be a swing state was WRONG if Trump wins GA by 2 points.

Standing by this.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2020, 10:11:26 AM »

This is an amazing prophecy.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2020, 11:00:03 AM »

I'm really thinking that the idea of a surge of Trump support among hispanic voters is going to age poorly after the election.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2020, 11:14:16 AM »

lol
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2020, 11:26:11 AM »

"Florida is titanium tilt R" will inevitably be disproven by a Democratic landslide either now or in 2022, prompting a wave of counter-takes ("coalition of the ascendant") that are themselves disproven when the state delivers a Republican landslide at some point in the near future.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2020, 12:07:48 PM »

If Trump wins in 2020 or even narrowly loses, almost every single thread on this board is going to age like whole milk. Like the amount of 'Trump is failing, Trump is done' stuff that I see just when advertising gets changed or plans get rescheduled is beyond insane. There's really not going to be an excuse this time if the pollsters and election experts miss badly, the incompetence will be on full display in the most 'stable election in American history'. Their credibility will be completely wiped away if Trump wins again.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2020, 12:13:39 PM »

If Trump wins in 2020 or even narrowly loses, almost every single thread on this board is going to age like whole milk. Like the amount of 'Trump is failing, Trump is done' stuff that I see just when advertising gets changed or plans get rescheduled is beyond insane. There's really not going to be an excuse this time if the pollsters and election experts miss badly, the incompetence will be on full display in the most 'stable election in American history'. Their credibility will be completely wiped away if Trump wins again.

I agree with this actually. If Trump wins again (and its not due to mail in ballots being denied) then I will lose all faith in pollsters and forecasts
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2020, 11:49:43 PM »

the idea that Georgia and Texas will be competitive are the ones that stick out

I love this thread for stuff like this. GA and TX are going to be two of the closest states in the nation.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2020, 11:55:07 PM »

- Michigan's Senate race being competitive (the margin may not be as big as Peters' first win, but he's safe)

Yikes, guess it did age well after all.
Buzz

« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2020, 12:11:03 AM »

So many people here actually think the 413 map could happen, will be funny to look back on.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2020, 02:47:12 AM »

So many people here actually think the 413 map could happen, will be funny to look back on.

I'd argue it could, in that it's within the realm of realistic possibilities. But it's on the upper outlier of possibilities and not particularly likely.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2020, 03:01:02 AM »

Today's court ruling puts Texas out of play, but 413 minus TX is definitely possible.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2020, 10:58:23 AM »

... bump.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2020, 11:01:47 AM »

Today's court ruling puts Texas out of play, but 413 minus TX is definitely possible.

How does it make TX uncompetitive? It's not like that alone will sing TX 2-3 points to the right.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2020, 11:03:16 AM »

You do realize the ballot drop boxes were literally an expansion of voting in TX from previous elections?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2020, 11:04:38 AM »

"Kansas won't be competitive if Marshall is the nominee."
ExSky

« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2020, 11:09:27 AM »

You do realize the ballot drop boxes were literally an expansion of voting in TX from previous elections?

Ballot drop boxes also don’t exactly effect too many people. I think people are under the assumption, for some reason, that ballot drop boxes are the only way to register a vote early before Election Day. You can still MAIL YOUR BALLOT IN. I think people also think that there is only one early voting site per county...those haven’t been affected by the ruling and will be how the vast vast majority of early voters cast a ballot.

It’s still a pathetic move by a pathetic party but it’s reach isn’t really substantial at all.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2020, 11:17:58 AM »

You're also not talking that big a universe of people who vote absentee in Texas: only over 65s, the disabled, people travelling, and criminals like Bagel vote by mail in Texas. And most of those people who vote by mail do what my mother did and, well, mail their absentee ballot in.

I'm not saying that this move isn't a horrible move, but A. Texas will have one of the lowest absentee voting rates in the US because it didn't expand access to it, B. Texans overwhelmingly vote early-in-person anyway and early-in-person voting was extended an extra week, C. People who do vote absentee can just mail their ballot in and the mail isn't SO slow that it wouldn't get there if you mailed it 2-3 weeks out from the election.

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2020, 11:21:54 AM »

I'll start: Texas will be competitive. (I hope this one is correct, but it's probably gonna look silly.)

Ohio is Likely R, bordering on safe.

I totally forgot about eric82oslo, his Yang stanning, and his vitriol for Biden. I wonder how he's feeling about the election nowadays.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2020, 04:47:31 PM »

I don't have any Atlas tropes but my father is apparently convinced that the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett will give Trump a boost with Catholics and he seems to think that Trump will improve on his 2016 numbers with them and I get the feeling that this won't age well at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies