What Do the Parties Look Like in the Future? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:28:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What Do the Parties Look Like in the Future? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Do the Parties Look Like in the Future?  (Read 5923 times)
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 29, 2019, 12:43:09 PM »

Too soon to say. I think the elections and events of the 2020s will determine what path the parties go down going forward. I think if someone like Warren wins in 2020, gets re elected, and has two decent terms, the Democrats will return to their populist, New Deal Roots economically, while the GOP moderates socially and serves as a check and balance on the Democratic party economically. If Trump wins in 2020 against Warren or Sanders, the GOP continues down the path it's gone down over the last decade, while the Democrats remain the party of Clintonite politics. If Trump beats Biden or Harris, the GOP stays as is while the Democrats go more left.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 09:56:14 AM »

Will the GOP ever move to the left on social issues (eg: LGBT Rights, Gun Control, Abortion)?

More likely is the Dems come to the right

I doubt it. I think both parties will be forced to move to the center on abortion (moderately pro choice for Dems, moderately pro life for the GOP), but the GOP will be forced to go left on all other issues, including guns.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies