LC 4.7: Public School Reform Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:33:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 4.7: Public School Reform Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 4.7: Public School Reform Act (Failed)  (Read 661 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: September 29, 2019, 04:47:52 PM »

Alright, so this clears up some things. I would wholly create a new amendment using the old education bill as a baseline, save one or two amendments added for an updated education bill.

One thing that must be clarified on is what is under the purview of a biology or physical education class? Is sex Ed in one of there or no? That’s the only change that could be added in my opinion.

I based much of that bill off my own education system tbh. It's far from great but pretty much all councillors back then wanted education reform and there was some interest in splitting paths in later years so I just borrowed it and merged it with a Curriculum Reform act from Thr33.

Anyways, Sex Ed in my experience fell mostly into Biology (usually it's studied alongside the Reproductive System whenever it gets studied). Year 9 was when I got most of my Sex Ed (although smaller/simpler amounts were introduced earlier but nothing like Year 9).

However, in one of few differences from my RL education, Biology is actually not mandatory for everyone starting in year 9 instead of year 10 for RL me; so I imagine Sex Ed would be taught in year 8 instead. Laki's section IV is a good alternative though, but it might lead to longer school days if those are considered extracurricular (while I did get such kinds of activities in RL, they were more like 1 hour a month or something like that).

Worth noting that if Laki's Section IV is implemented, it could just replace the "General Class Meetings" subject instead, as it's almost the exact amount of hours as this bill would imply (1 hour every week). The aims of that subject are different (generally more towards solving any class conflicts, teaching students "life lessons", etc), but it's still an option
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 02:53:38 PM »

Well, this directly contradicts the Lincoln Education act in several places, shouldn't it include an explicit repeal or is an implicit one ok?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies