FT 13.10 – Universal Suffrage Act (Awaiting signature) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:58:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 13.10 – Universal Suffrage Act (Awaiting signature) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 13.10 – Universal Suffrage Act (Awaiting signature)  (Read 520 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« on: October 01, 2019, 12:27:05 AM »

Voting by Mail destroys the great British tradition of the voting booth and election days. VBM is extremely susceptible to failures in the postal system can deprive electors of their right to vote and as seen recently in North Carolina VBM can be liable to voter fraud.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 07:17:04 PM »

Using North Carolina as an example of how a system is vulnerable to corruption is not the best argument, considering North Carolina has managed to corrupt basically every version of democracy in use on this continent. I am open to hearing how we could strengthen VBM to prevent fraud, however.
Well most american voting proves that by far the safest and fairest way of conducting elections is with paper ballots counted by hand, as is done in almost all other Western democracies.
Certainly early voting and absentee voting should be provided as an option for voters, and I'm sure many voters would choose to use them, but I still believe that election day polling stations should remain an option for voters who would prefer it.
And with regards to strengthening VBM, I think making sure people have an alternative method of voting is most important. The Postal System is incredibly inefficient and frequently fails and such failures can disenfranchise voters.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 10:44:46 PM »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies