Office of Governor-elect West_Midlander
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 12:37:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor-elect West_Midlander
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Governor-elect West_Midlander  (Read 3857 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2019, 01:40:57 PM »

Endorsed.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2019, 02:06:18 PM »

Much appreciated, Senator, Mr. Speaker!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2019, 02:56:43 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2019, 09:03:21 PM by Southern Delegate West_Midlander »

Campaign Itinerary

Thursday, January 2, 2020
- Rally in Charlotte, NC with Southern Attorney General Peebs (confirmed w/ Peebs)
- Rally in Spartanburg, SC with Fmr. Pres. & CoD Candidate weatherboy (confirmed w/ weatherboy)

Friday, January 3rd, 2020
- Rally in Huntsville, AL
- Rally in Atlanta, GA

Saturday, January 4th, 2020
- Town Hall in Birmingham, AL
- Town Hall in Atlanta, GA
- Rally in Montgomery, AL

Monday, January 6th, 2020
- Rally in Mobile, AL
- Rally in Pensacola, FL

Tuesday, January 7th, 2020
- Town Hall in Tupelo, MS

Wednesday, January 8th, 2020
- Rally in Bowling Green, KY

Thursday, January 9th, 2020
- Rally in Jonesboro, AR

Friday, January 10th, 2020
- Town Hall in Huntington, WV

Saturday, January 11th, 2020
- Town Hall in Roanoke, VA
- Rally in Nyman
- Town Hall in Rockville, MD
- Town Hall in Dover, DE

Sunday, January 12th, 2020
- Rally in St. Louis, MO

Monday, January 13th, 2020
- Town Hall in San Juan, PR

Tuesday, January 14th, 2020
- Town Hall in New Orleans, LA
- Town Hall in Garland, TX

Wednesday, January 15th, 2020
- Rally in Oklahoma City, OK

Thursday, January 16th, 2020
- Rally in Lawrence, KS

Saturday, January 18th, 2020
- Town Hall in Cardiff, Wales, UK
- Rally in Birmingham, England, UK with Southern Governor Leinad (confirmed w/ Leinad)

Sunday, January 19th, 2020
- Town Hall in Nashville, TN
- Town Hall in Franklin, TN
- Town Hall in Murfreesboro, TN

(Written 12/28/19): I ran the destinations through Google Maps (with time reserved for each event + traffic delays) from Nashville, TN with a start time (for travel) of 5 pm during the week to ensure that this schedule is possible. If I'm not mistaken, I will have visited every part of the Southern region* by the middle-later of next month, or perhaps by the later part of next month if an event or two have to be rescheduled due to weather.

*My campaign launch for Delegate and for Governor took place in Raleigh, NC, and Durham, NC, respectively, and I made a campaign stop in Savannah, GA earlier this month.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2019, 03:04:52 PM »

I think, as the only left-winger in the race, it’s apt to give you the A.C.L.O. endorsement.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2019, 03:12:59 PM »

I think, as the only left-winger in the race, it’s apt to give you the A.C.L.O. endorsement.

Thank you for proving yourself a liar, PSOL

I stress that this union is committed to nonpartisan politics
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2019, 03:34:48 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2019, 03:37:55 PM by Southern Delegate West_Midlander »

If I had been elected Governor, and this bill was passed, I would sign this into law. Unless I'd received some strong advice (that I respected the validity of) against doing so. For example if was unconstitutional, as I would for any bill. I have a neutral stance on labor laws and respect the will of the Southern Chamber of Delegates with regards to legislating. I have not commented on this bill until now because of my neutral stance on labor laws.

My opponent and friend Deputy Speaker Muaddib is by no means an opponent of labor interests but I think it makes sense that the ACLO would endorse the author of a bill they gave an A+ rating to as opposed to a candidate that voted to abstain on that bill (a self proclaimed neutral on labor issues). I don't mean any offense to the gentleman from Mississippi as I am just relaying fact. The ACLO seeks to put forward labor interests, regardless of party, Bagel, for example, is the founder of and one of the ACLO's strongest supporters and a registered Federalist.

Sestak puts the ACLO's stance well:

nonpartisan /= non-ideological...

Perhaps PSOL should not have equated pro-labor to left-wing because benign-seeming strings of words often come under fire in the political arena, however, typically pro-labor politicians are left-wing ones. Though, I would trust that the ACLO would endorse a pro-union Federalist over a pro-RTW Laborite any day of the week because that organization exists only to advocate for labor rights.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2019, 03:47:08 PM »

If I had been elected Governor, and this bill was passed, I would sign this into law. Unless I'd received some strong advice (that I respected the validity of) against doing so. For example if was unconstitutional, as I would for any bill. I have a neutral stance on labor laws and respect the will of the Southern Chamber of Delegates with regards to legislating. I have not commented on this bill until now because of my neutral stance on labor laws.

My opponent and friend Deputy Speaker Muaddib is by no means an opponent of labor interests but I think it makes sense that the ACLO would endorse the author of a bill they gave an A+ rating to as opposed to a candidate that voted to abstain on that bill (a self proclaimed neutral on labor issues). I don't mean any offense to the gentleman from Mississippi as I am just relaying fact. The ACLO seeks to put forward labor interests, regardless of party, Bagel, for example, is the founder of and one of the ACLO's strongest supporters and a registered Federalist.

Sestak puts the ACLO's stance well:

nonpartisan /= non-ideological...

Perhaps PSOL should not have equated pro-labor to left-wing because benign-seeming strings of words often come under fire in the political arena, however, typically pro-labor politicians are left-wing ones. Though, I would trust that the ACLO would endorse a pro-union Federalist over a pro-RTW Laborite any day of the week because that organization exists only to advocate for labor rights.

The ACLO refused to rate a bill that actually affected workers because it wasn't written by a left winger. If you want to use the talking point about what they have or have not given a rating to, you have a responsibility to call out the fact that they tried to pass the buck onto an NPC because they refused to give a good rating to a right winger's bill.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2019, 03:59:58 PM »

The fact remains that the Deputy Speaker's bill passed regardless, and with my vote. The ACLO has endorsed a Federalist candidate, Bagel, for Chamber. I highly doubt the ACLO would refuse to rate a bill on the basis of a Delegate's positioning on the political spectrum. This would require the organization to ignore a hypothetical Delegate Bagel's bills if he is elected, even if those bills are proactive on labor issues (on the basis of him being a Federalist party member, despite that organization having endorsed his bid for office). While you may disagree with the organization's decision not to take up a ruling/grading of the bill in question, the agency certainly cannot be accused of partisan bias when they have endorsed a Federalist in the ongoing elections for Southern legislature.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2019, 04:23:45 PM »

The fact remains that the Deputy Speaker's bill passed regardless, and with my vote. The ACLO has endorsed a Federalist candidate, Bagel, for Chamber. I highly doubt the ACLO would refuse to rate a bill on the basis of a Delegate's positioning on the political spectrum. This would require the organization to ignore a hypothetical Delegate Bagel's bills if he is elected, even if those bills are proactive on labor issues (on the basis of him being a Federalist party member, despite that organization having endorsed his bid for office). While you may disagree with the organization's decision not to take up a ruling/grading of the bill in question, the agency certainly cannot be accused of partisan bias when they have endorsed a Federalist in the ongoing elections for Southern legislature.

Bagel was never a real Federalist in any sense, and you know this. In fact, he's made his opinion on the Federalist Party clear on a ballot previously.

Whether or not it passed doesn't change the fact that you are using an ACLO endorsement of one of your bills as a campaign talking point while ignoring that the ACLO flat out refused to rate a worker bill because it wasn't written by the left.

I'm disappointed that you'd ignore something you know is wrong simply because the situation benefits you. The Westy I knew would never fall into those sorts of games.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2019, 05:56:36 PM »

You have my enthusiastic endorsement!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2019, 08:14:36 PM »

Thanks for your support, OneJ!
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2019, 07:57:09 PM »

Endorsed!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2019, 08:12:10 PM »

Thank you for your support, Mr. President!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2019, 08:51:25 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2019, 08:58:45 PM by Southern Delegate West_Midlander »

Happy New Year's Eve Eve, y'all!

I am an advocate of discourse between voters and candidates so I encourage anyone, especially Southerners, to ask any questions they have about my votes, legislation introduced, policy platform, or anything else. #NoStupidQuestions

I can also be PM'ed or found on Discord (West_Midlander#8125) if you prefer.

To a prosperous New Year to all Southerners,
Your regional legislator & Gubernatorial candidate West_Midlander

x WM
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2019, 09:12:08 PM »

The following events were rescheduled (the new dates are shown below) from the 20th and 21st, so the events would take place before the polls closed in the Southern region. I had not wanted to hold events on Sundays but my earlier pledge to visit every state, country, territory, and district of the Southern region during the campaign takes precedence.

This pledge will have been kept by the 19th.

Campaign Itinerary

Sunday, January 12th, 2020
- Rally in St. Louis, MO

Sunday, January 19th, 2020
- Town Hall in Nashville, TN
- Town Hall in Franklin, TN
- Town Hall in Murfreesboro, TN
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2019, 12:14:54 AM »

Endorsed!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2019, 12:57:23 AM »

I can't believe I forgot to do this

Enthusiastically Endorsed for Chamber of Delegates, as well as Governor
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2019, 09:05:35 AM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed for Chamber of Delegates, as well as Governor

Thanks for the support, y'all!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2019, 01:36:21 PM »

Happy New Year's Eve to all Southerners!

- WM

Image Source: BestOfNJ.com
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2020, 05:38:20 AM »

Bagel was never a real Federalist in any sense, and you know this. In fact, he's made his opinion on the Federalist Party clear on a ballot previously.

Whether or not it passed doesn't change the fact that you are using an ACLO endorsement of one of your bills as a campaign talking point while ignoring that the ACLO flat out refused to rate a worker bill because it wasn't written by the left.

I'm disappointed that you'd ignore something you know is wrong simply because the situation benefits you. The Westy I knew would never fall into those sorts of games.

Right, not like I voted straight fed in basically every single election for years until we started nominating nutjobs like deadprez and you had a transformation that made Anakin look like he turned into the easter bunny by comparison, or anything like that. The Fed party and allies have gone nuts.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2020, 08:50:45 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2020, 05:44:14 PM by West_Midlander »

Thursday, January 2, 2020
Spartanburg, SC

Gubernatorial Candidate West_Midlander, CoD Candidate & Fmr. Pres. Weatherboy hold joint rally

(Weatherboy: left, West_Midlander: right)

Quote from: Excerpt from speech at WB/WM Joint Rally in Spartanburg, SC
Thank you, everyone! I just want to thank West_Midlander for agreeing to come together and rally for continued southern progress. This region has taken great strides these past few months, and we need to make sure that this progress is not undone! We need to make sure that we keep the south moving into the future! We need to make sure that all citizens of the south can live a long, happy, prosperous life! I believe the only way we can make sure that this progress continues unabated is to elect West_Midlander for governor, and myself for Delegate. We can't let this region slip backwards. Thank you all!

WM: I am honored to come together and rally with a former President of our great nation. We stand today in our goal of a prosperous future for all Southerners in this new decade. I will need help in the Chamber if elected and weatherboy expertly provides that with his experience and his commitment to public transportation. Public transportation is vital in our Southern cities because fewer cars in urban areas mean fewer emissions and less traffic. Emissions create smog, a scourge on the health of Southern citizens in larger cities. I believe dissuading car use to its current extent in cities (through the availability of public transportation) will be a boon to the health of the Southern people and to the environment by reducing smog and carbon emissions. Thank you for hosting myself and weatherboy in beautiful Spartanburg!

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2020, 05:35:01 PM »

Tune into the WNN Southern Governor's Debate here!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2020, 05:39:06 PM »

Friday, January 3, 2020
Huntsville, AL

WM rolls out campaign logo at Alabama rally

Source: Own creation, Southern Flag: USElectionAtlas Wiki
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong