Trump: I WILL WIN VIRGINIA IN 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:27:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump: I WILL WIN VIRGINIA IN 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Trump: I WILL WIN VIRGINIA IN 2020  (Read 7188 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2020, 08:59:13 AM »

I can be a moderate hero here and say:

1) The individuals who believe that Trump was going to sweep all of Nova in landslides are just plain ignorant.

and

2) It is unlikely that Sanders would have been able to matched Clinton's numbers in Nova which would have lead to a very competitive state and Trump possibly winning Virginia.

I have seen literally hundreds of people on Atlas or Discord that Trump would win Fairfax County over Sanders. Which is just nonsense.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2020, 11:08:24 AM »

Virginia is an anti-populist state, which explains why it was reliably Republican in Presidential elections from 1952 to 2004. The perfect nominee for Virginia is another Dwight Eisenhower who doesn't promise too much. Obama may have seemed the 'perfect storm' against the GOP... but notice how I have often compared Obama to Eisenhower by temperament.

Virginia has too many high-information voters to elect or re-elect Trump. To be sure one can still find those in southwestern Virginia (yes, it is Appalachia), but the population is elsewhere.

Trump and his associates are grasping at straws. 

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2020, 06:59:31 PM »

I can be a moderate hero here and say:

1) The individuals who believe that Trump was going to sweep all of Nova in landslides are just plain ignorant.

and

2) It is unlikely that Sanders would have been able to matched Clinton's numbers in Nova which would have lead to a very competitive state and Trump possibly winning Virginia.

I have seen literally hundreds of people on Atlas or Discord that Trump would win Fairfax County over Sanders. Which is just nonsense.

who are these "hundreds of people" saying Trump would win Fairfax County against Sanders?  I think Sanders is as awful a fit as you can get for Fairfax as a democrat but he'd still definitely win the county.  It's just, when your margin drops off 10 or 15 points from Hillary's in the largest county in the state that's a big deal.  But I'm not aware of anyone who actually thinks Trump would win the county against Sanders.  But yes, the state would have been competitive if Sanders were the nominee.  The people here saying otherwise weren't aware that Arlington isn't in Fairfax County.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2020, 09:39:19 PM »

The Northern VA suburbs which will be won by Biden by 250K is key to Biden holding serve in the state. Trump had a crack at VA before last yrs shutdown,  but the GOP cratered in VA after that
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2020, 09:49:03 PM »

The Northern VA suburbs which will be won by Biden by 250K is key to Biden holding serve in the state. Trump had a crack at VA before last yrs shutdown,  but the GOP cratered in VA after that

Biden will win NOVA by way more than 250K.  Hillary had a 200K margin out of Fairfax County alone.  She had more than 100K out of Arlington and Alexandria. 

I predict Biden nets close to 250K out of Fairfax alone.  100-150K out of Arlington and Alexandria.  The main improvements will be in Loudoun and Prince William due to population growth and increased turnout which will all go to Biden.  I wouldn't be surprised if Biden wins NOVA by about 500K.  I also see him winning Richmond and its suburbs big and the Virginia Beach region slightly.  I think Virginia will be a blowout and it wouldn't surprise me if he won the state by double digits.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2020, 01:55:42 PM »

First post primary poll of Virginia:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/492733-poll-biden-leads-trump-by-10-points-in-virginia

"Biden holds the support of 51 percent of likely Virginia voters, while Trump sat at 41 percent."

Interestingly: "The former vice president also leads the president among all income brackets in the poll, but especially among middle class voters earning between $51,000 and $100,000, where he enjoys a 16-point lead."

analysis: Northern Virginia is turning even bluer.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2020, 03:13:52 PM »

Lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies