LC 4.5: Laki's Lincoln 32 hour Workweek Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:50:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 4.5: Laki's Lincoln 32 hour Workweek Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 4.5: Laki's Lincoln 32 hour Workweek Act (Failed)  (Read 653 times)
Peanut
Costa Rica

« on: September 18, 2019, 08:54:36 PM »

Three broad general comments.

1) I need to see specifics and clarification on many things. What do the percentages mean, how would they be administered? Who handles the UBI process? How much money will be spent on it? What are the distinctions between the types of week mentioned? How's it different for public vs private employees, and how would those differences be handled? What is a "sick" worker, how do you measure that? Try to be as specific as possible.

2) Remember not to conflict with existing federal regulations over the social security and labor process as a general rule. Just a reminder, and change accordingly if needed. Again, be as clear as possible on this.

3) The implementation process doesn't work like that. The Council will pass the bill by a simple majority vote and I sign it/send it to referendum. This is not up for debate as it is constitutionally codified

Looking forward to good debate, and thank you for such a broad proposal! I'll be back with more comments once I don't have 4% phone battery.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies