LC 4.5: Laki's Lincoln 32 hour Workweek Act (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:27:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 4.5: Laki's Lincoln 32 hour Workweek Act (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 4.5: Laki's Lincoln 32 hour Workweek Act (Failed)  (Read 654 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2019, 02:37:36 PM »
« edited: September 28, 2019, 12:30:32 PM by Speaker OneJ »

Laki's Lincoln 32 hour Workweek Act

A bill to lower the workweek, increase employment, increase retirement age and introduce UBREDI to reduce social security costs, reduce traffic jams and reduce work pressure for Lincoln's workers to avoid burn-outs, and prepare for robotization/increased automatization of Lincoln's job market

SECTION I: DEFINING A TYPICAL AND AN ATYPICAL WORKWEEK

1. The new typical work week includes the current 8am to 5pm jobs for employees and workers.
2. The new atypical work week includes night work, morning shifts or evening shifts, and all other work weeks.

SECTION II: LOWERING WORK WEEK TO 32 HOURS

1. There shall be a workweek of 32 hours (8 hours/day) implemented for all working Atlasian citizens
2. There shall be 4 typical workweeks including 1 hour rest that shall last 8 hours
a. 20% will work from 4am to 2pm
b. 20% will work from 6am to 4pm
c. 20% will work from 8am to 6pm
d. 20% will work from 10am to 8pm
e. 20% will work from 12am to 10pm
3. The new rest day might be chosen by the company.
4. Atypical work week regimes might differ from company to company, but legally should all contain 8 hours of work on four days, including 1 hour of rest
5. The government will pay the new rest day through a new universal basic rest day income, called UBREDI

SECTION III: LOWERING WORK WEEK TO 26 HOURS

1. There shall be a workweek of 26 hours (6.5 hours/day) implemented for
a. people older than 60 years
b. disabled or sick persons with an attest who are still capable to work
c. high-risk employees
2. There shall be 4 typical workweeks including 0.5 hours rest that shall last 6.5 hours
a. 20% shall work from 4am to 0.30pm
b. 20% shall work from 6am to 2.30pm
c. 20% shall work from 8am to 4.30pm
d. 20% shall work from 10am to 6.30pm
e. 20% shall work from 12am to 8.30pm
3. The new rest day might be chosen by the company.
4. Atypical work week regimes might differ from company to company, but legally should all contain 8 hours of work on four days, including 1 hour of rest
5. The government shall pay the new rest day through a new universal basic rest day income, called UBREDI
6. The government shall pay the 1.5 hours / free.

SECTION IV: RAISING THE RETIREMENT AGE TO 70 YEARS OLD
1. Retirement age shall be raised to 70 years old
2. People excluding from raising the retirement age will be:
a. People older than 60 years, born on or after 1/1/1960
b. disabled or sick persons with an attest who are still capable to work
c. high-risk employees

SECTION V: CHANGES TO SOCIAL SECURITY
1. This bill shall reduce unemployment and the pensioner's budget.
2. The unemployment income shall be reduced by 10% and shall last two years long, as long the worker is unemployed.
3. The government shall pay the rest day through a new universal basic rest day income, called UBREDI. This shall be created from the social security budget.
4. UBREDI shall cost 8 hours of the 1 dollar/hour pensioner's rate).
5. The 1.5 hours/day free shall be paid by the government pension's budget. (at the pensioner's dollar/hour rate)

SECTION VI: IMPLEMENTATION
1. This bill shall be ratified after being signed by governor, approved by 2/3rd of Lincoln councillors and after being approved by citizens due to a referendum being held.

SECTION VII: TIMING
1. This bill shall take effect on 1 january 2020

Sponsor: Lakigigar

The debating period has commenced. It shall last no less than 72 hours.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 08:54:36 PM »

Three broad general comments.

1) I need to see specifics and clarification on many things. What do the percentages mean, how would they be administered? Who handles the UBI process? How much money will be spent on it? What are the distinctions between the types of week mentioned? How's it different for public vs private employees, and how would those differences be handled? What is a "sick" worker, how do you measure that? Try to be as specific as possible.

2) Remember not to conflict with existing federal regulations over the social security and labor process as a general rule. Just a reminder, and change accordingly if needed. Again, be as clear as possible on this.

3) The implementation process doesn't work like that. The Council will pass the bill by a simple majority vote and I sign it/send it to referendum. This is not up for debate as it is constitutionally codified

Looking forward to good debate, and thank you for such a broad proposal! I'll be back with more comments once I don't have 4% phone battery.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 05:25:57 AM »

Three broad general comments.

1) I need to see specifics and clarification on many things. What do the percentages mean, how would they be administered? Who handles the UBI process? How much money will be spent on it? What are the distinctions between the types of week mentioned? How's it different for public vs private employees, and how would those differences be handled? What is a "sick" worker, how do you measure that? Try to be as specific as possible.

2) Remember not to conflict with existing federal regulations over the social security and labor process as a general rule. Just a reminder, and change accordingly if needed. Again, be as clear as possible on this.

3) The implementation process doesn't work like that. The Council will pass the bill by a simple majority vote and I sign it/send it to referendum. This is not up for debate as it is constitutionally codified

Looking forward to good debate, and thank you for such a broad proposal! I'll be back with more comments once I don't have 4% phone battery.

1) Don't we have measurements to determine what a sick worker is.
2) This was something i was concerned about as well.
I'll leave the implementation part out of it.

I hope someone else can propose an amendment to this, to better work out this bill, because at this point i'll vote nay myself on this bill, because it needs to be clarified a bit, but i seek the help of other councilmen.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 11:52:36 AM »

The massive cuts presented here don’t get added with this UBREDI idea. I’m also not a fan of the structured scheduling. I plan to vote nay on this bill.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 09:33:40 PM »

Any more comments, questions, etc. councillors?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 06:00:07 AM »

I'll probably vote nay on it, and work it out better in a next proposal or introduce it with steps.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 11:14:25 AM »

There are some things in this bill that I do like such as giving individuals over a certain age a limit to how much they can work and that it does make an effort to prepare for automation in the future. However, the time schedules for everyone else are pretty strict and I don't want the retirement age to be raised, yet. Also, the UBI does give me some concern as well on its implementation.

Now, I motion for a final vote on this bill. Councillors have 24 hours to object.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 12:50:39 PM »

I'll probably vote nay on it, and work it out better in a next proposal or introduce it with steps.

If you're no longer in support of your own bill, I would recommend requesting a formal revocation unless you plan further amendments. This motion may be proposed by The Right Honorable Chancellor.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 01:32:50 PM »

Alrighty, 24 hours have passed and now it's time for this bill to go for a final vote. Councillors, please vote AYE, NAY, or ABSTAIN. The Final Vote Period shall last for 48 hours.
Pragmatist_TNAG
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 03:08:01 PM »

Nay
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 08:03:18 PM »

Nay
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2019, 02:37:30 AM »

NAY
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2019, 04:10:31 AM »

Nay

WIll rework the bill later on.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2019, 06:54:09 AM »

Nay
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2019, 12:28:06 PM »

The Voting period has now ended and the bill has failed 0-5-2.

Aye: 0
Nay: 5 (Pragmatist_TNAG, PSOL, JGibson, Lakigigar, OneJ_)
Not Voting: (Dkrol, Ninja)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies