Official Post your 2006 Senate Election Prediction Maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:15:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  Official Post your 2006 Senate Election Prediction Maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Post your 2006 Senate Election Prediction Maps  (Read 119371 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 28, 2005, 02:26:08 PM »
« edited: December 28, 2005, 02:35:05 PM by Frodo »

Dream away, but I don't think it's gonna happen...I think we'll have to be content with something like 1-2 pickups.

If you are referring to net gains in the Senate, even that is a bit optimistic.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

My opinion exactly.  Neither Democrats nor Republicans are going to make headway next year -and for that, in light of all their troubles this year, Republicans should feel grateful that they do not fare any worse. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 09:06:43 AM »

Dream away, but I don't think it's gonna happen...I think we'll have to be content with something like 1-2 pickups.

If you are referring to net gains in the Senate, even that is a bit optimistic.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

My opinion exactly.  Neither Democrats nor Republicans are going to make headway next year -and for that, in light of all their troubles this year, Republicans should feel grateful that they do not fare any worse. 

Heh, you're being really pessimistic. Not getting at least one seat would be a really poor showing considering the situation. I do think Dems will get PA and I expect perhaps 2 more seats to change hands (unforeseen ones, that is). I think it will net out at 1 seat gain for the Dems, or thereabout.

I meant in terms of the partisan make-up in the Senate, which I predict will remain static -I am sure Democrats can definitely gain Pennsylvania and (less likely) Rhode Island, but Republicans will likely pick up Minnesota and (less likely) New Jersey, therefore cancelling each other's gains out.   
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 02:41:04 PM »

Based on what exactly?  As of now he is a shoo-in for re-election, and nothing I know of has come up that would suggest otherwise.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 02:51:37 PM »

I'm predicting +4 for the Democrats. That's pickups in Montana, Missouri, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.

That's if we are lucky, and we don't screw up too badly as we did in Ohio.  A four seat gain is the max that we can achieve -a more likely outcome is if we make a net gain of one, or maybe even two seats in the Senate. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 03:09:38 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2006, 03:13:22 PM by Maverick »

Key:

Deep Red -Democratic gains
Pink -Democratic holds

Dark Blue -Republican gains
Light Blue -Republican holds

Light Green -Independent/Third Party holds (Bernie Sanders)

------------------------------------------------

In short, Republicans will end up with a 51-48-1 majority in the Senate. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 08:31:15 PM »

You apparently don't have much confidence in Lamont's chances of winning the general election vis-a-vis Lieberman, do you?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies