Clinton-Trump Counties?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:29:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Clinton-Trump Counties?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Clinton-Trump Counties?  (Read 3495 times)
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2019, 02:39:21 PM »

Confusing 2016 trends that may continue:

Lake County, CA
Always kind of wondered what was up there

I wish I had a good answer. Trends were towards Trump all along the remote northern California coastal areas, but not nearly to the extent of Lake, and unlike some of the other counties, Stein didn't do exceptionally well there (3.77% is nothing to sneeze at for a Green, but it's a lot less than 5.56% in Mendocino or 6.13% in Humboldt). I do think the resort/retirement parts of Lake are somewhat less upmarket than in Mendocino and Humboldt (a lake isn't as prestigious as the ocean, I suppose), and there are more retirees and other assorted relocatees from the Sacramento area in Lake, but that doesn't really explain things, either, since Sacramento also moved hard to Clinton. Lake also has some flatland farming around Kelseyville, but the farm areas in northern California otherwise didn't move sharply towards Trump.

I would expect there to be a significant snap back to the Democrats there on the basis of climate policy in 2020, though. Forest fires have spooked the whole region.
JoeyJoeJoe
Rookie
Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.57

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2019, 10:07:08 PM »

Not a county, but the CA-5 CD of the 1970s (Marin-based) went McGovern-Ford-Carter.
MARGINS6729
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2020, 03:39:02 AM »

Fresno is actually getting bluer. Even Kern County is getting bluer too most likely because of the Latino vote.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies