Impeachment of a chief justice

(1/4) > >>

Citizen James:
Just a question out of curiosity - I have nothing against Chief Justice Roberts.  But if the chief justice were to be impeached, who would preside over the trial in the senate?  Would it be the VP, the President pro tem of the Senate, the senior remaining Justice, or someone else?

Emsworth:
The Chief Justice only presides when the President is impeached. In all other cases, the VP or PPT would preside.

Interestingly, if the Vice President is impeached, then nothing in the Constitution prevents him from presiding over his own trial...

Schmitz in 1972:
I believe it would be understood though that the PPT would preside though.

ATFFL:
I would hope so.

"I would like to present into evidence this video of the vice president killing twelve people while saying 'Ha, ha, ha, ha!  If they try to impeach me I can preside over my own trial and rule this video is inadmissable.  Ha, ha, ha, ha.'"

"That video is inadmissable."

"Curses!"

Emsworth:
Quote from: Tredrick on December 21, 2005, 10:29:02 PM

"I would like to present into evidence this video of the vice president killing twelve people while saying 'Ha, ha, ha, ha!  If they try to impeach me I can preside over my own trial and rule this video is inadmissable.  Ha, ha, ha, ha.'"

Or better yet... The Vice President kills the President, and then pardons himself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page