LC 4.4: Lincoln Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:50:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 4.4: Lincoln Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 4.4: Lincoln Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act (Tabled)  (Read 1648 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: September 21, 2019, 05:04:25 PM »

R.I.P. film industry in Lincoln.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 06:13:31 AM »

I'd like to see someone address what is wrong with current regulations on fully automatic weapons?

Whether or not someone "needs" one is irrelevant. What good reason is there for a ban when they currently aren't harming anyone?

No one has been killed with a legally owned machine gun in Atlasia since 1988. There have been a whopping 2 murders with such weapons since 1934.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 01:31:37 PM »

I'm concerned regarding the vague ban on possession of Title II weapons and how the regional government plans to institute such a ban. Most of these types of weapons are already heavily regulated and are not readily available for gun owners. Will museums be prohibited from displaying historical weaponry matching Title II descriptions?

If the purpose of this part of the bill is to address public safety, I would argue that the Firearms Safety Act did that perfectly fine without instituting a ban.

Also, why are shotguns specifically targeted in Sec 5? Why tax such a specific firearm?

There are no exceptions for museums or artists. TV and movies often feature legally owned machine guns. No studio would be able to film anything involving such weapons in Lincoln. Talk about cutting off your own nose to spite ... who are yall even trying to spite with this?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies