Confessions of Atlas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:49:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Confessions of Atlas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Author Topic: Confessions of Atlas  (Read 26278 times)
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 06:57:30 PM »

When I was like thirteen, I was stoked for a Spitzer/McCain unity ticket for 2008.
Hasn’t aged well.

Predicted the future
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2019, 10:01:11 PM »

When I was like thirteen, I was stoked for a Spitzer/McCain unity ticket for 2008.
Hasn’t aged well.

no it Sure Hasn't that's why it's a confession
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2019, 12:00:37 AM »

I still cry watching brave little toaster
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2019, 05:21:07 PM »

All these are weak. Here's a real confession: I first realized I wasn't completely straight when I went swimming with my (m) cousin.

I was, like, 10, at the time. He was 13 and had recently gotten quite muscular. Or at least as muscular a 13 year old could get.

This then lead me down a period of self-hatred when I tried to reject my "sinful" temptations, as well body imagine issues because I didn't go through the same pubescent weight-shedding he had. We were both quite chubby when we were youngins. It was also during this time when my childhood started to swerve out of the normal path, and it didn't for him, so you had an enviousness aspect of it as well. We don't talk much anymore, but that's another story for a different day.

Now that is probably one of the better confessions I have seen on here in a long time
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2019, 11:37:20 AM »

Despite only getting a 8 on the purity test I am the most vanilla person on sex and have no kinks, I just like to have it. A lot
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2019, 01:07:49 PM »

I keep thinking keto rhymes with Beto.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2019, 07:13:13 PM »

Hasn’t aged well.

no it Sure Hasn't that's why it's a confession

When I was ten, I supported a Kasich/Rubio ticket in 2012 because I knew they came from the swingiest state.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2019, 09:39:59 PM »

I like Taylor Swift music oh yeah! I'm out of the closet on that one, and it feels so liberating! She makes great music, and I refuse to be ashamed anymore!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2019, 10:03:23 PM »

I like Taylor Swift music oh yeah! I'm out of the closet on that one, and it feels so liberating! She makes great music, and I refuse to be ashamed anymore!

Swift is a legitimately fantastic songwriter regards of one's thoughts on her as a person, and this is commonly acknowledged among people who don't have a weirdly specific hateboner for her. (I think Reputation was a dud though.)
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2019, 10:14:27 PM »

i think that if I joined this forum at thirteen like audman did, I would be banned in like a month
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2019, 09:45:44 PM »

Update, today I came out of the closet about being a fan of Taylor Swift music for the first time irl, I told my sister, and she was actually happy to hear it.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2019, 01:40:05 AM »

I think cigarettes and saints is the best display name in atlas history
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2019, 02:08:08 AM »

About 12 years ago I was a regular in the discussions board for the Election 08 Facebook app and posted a lot of cringey Ron Paul pseudointellectual rebellious tween stuff.  It took almost a month for me to get out of that phase.  I even changed my Facebook political beliefs tag to "Libertarian."

I just wanted to be different, mom Sad
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2020, 04:03:03 AM »

Steve Bullock being an @$$hole and not running for senate keeps me up at 3am tossing in bed sometimes.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2020, 04:25:51 AM »

When I got to know my first girlfriend’s family freshman year of high school along with other friends, I thought it was very bizarre how nice, well adjusted, and non-confrontational everyone acted with one another. It was very similar to that South Park episode where Stan meets the happy go lucky supportive Mormon family and him feeing totally out of place with them. It took me some time to realize that that behavior is how a normal family is suppose to function.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2020, 05:21:49 AM »

Not really a confession, but I've had malaria. 
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2020, 12:55:03 AM »

As BRTD has rightly called me out for in another thread, I voluntarily listened to "I Want It That Way" today.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2020, 12:55:38 AM »

As BRTD has rightly called me out for in another thread, I voluntarily listened to "I Want It That Way" today.

Oh my God I just heard it on the way home!

Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2020, 02:15:52 AM »

I use to dance to that when I was 4 years old. There’s VHS footage of that in some storage unit.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2020, 09:04:30 AM »

Not really a confession, but I've had malaria.  

Me too. When i worked in West Africa, it was very prevalent.

I was in a bar in Capetown in South Africa, and i was pretty smashed, and chatting to some brightly dressed lads at the end of the bar. And I'm pretty funny i think practicing my South African accent.

One of them said:

"You're wasted, aren't ya?"

And I said slowly:

"Yup"

One of the guys then asked me:

"Do you want to come to the toilet with me?"

Now I was thinking he was offering me a line of coke.

So i walked into the cubicle first and beckoned him in. The guy comes in and pulls out this great big cock, and he goes:

"Do you want some coke first?"

And i went in a South African accent.

"I only want coke."

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2020, 09:10:48 AM »

I like a couple Nickelback songs.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2020, 09:34:25 AM »
« Edited: January 22, 2020, 09:39:45 AM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

Something you might appreciate in light of your username (and, y'know, the 49ers actually doing something this season Tongue)

A friend of mine (a die-hard Patriots fan) is friends with Jimmy Garoppolo -- and by friends, I mean close friends.  They've both known each other ever since they were little and have kept in touch ever since.  To give you an idea of what that means, after the game against Miami where he got knocked out by an injury (and the Pats lost), he commented on a status of hers saying "I'm sorry I couldn't get the win for you today, beautiful".  

So I was visiting this friend a few years ago and I noticed that she had a Jimmy Garoppolo Pats'  jersey hanging on her wall -- authentic cut, stitched numbers, letters, etc.  

This was before anybody knew who the hell Jimmy G was -- he was "just" Tom Brady's backup -- and his jersey was pretty much impossible to get.  

I asked her about it and she said that he had given it to her.  I even snapped a pic of her standing next to it:  

(No, I didn't edit her face.  She really just has a black void where her nose, eyes, and mouth should be).  

I joked that it was cool that she was so close to an NFL quarterback, but..."couldn't you have made friends with Tom Brady, instead?"

I guess Jimmy G. shut me right up. 
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2020, 09:43:44 AM »

Something you might appreciate in light of your username (and, y'know, the 49ers actually doing something this season Tongue)

A friend of mine (a die-hard Patriots fan) is friends with Jimmy Garoppolo -- and by friends, I mean close friends.  They've both known each other ever since they were little and have kept in touch ever since.  To give you an idea of what that means, after the game against Miami where he got knocked out by an injury (and the Pats lost), he commented on a status of hers saying "I'm sorry I couldn't get the win for you today, beautiful".  

So I was visiting this friend a few years ago and I noticed that she had a Jimmy Garoppolo Pats'  jersey hanging on her wall -- authentic cut, stitched numbers, letters, etc.  

This was before anybody knew who the hell Jimmy G was -- he was "just" Tom Brady's backup -- and his jersey was pretty much impossible to get.  

I asked her about it and she said that he had given it to her.  I even snapped a pic of her standing next to it:  

(snip)

(No, I didn't edit her face.  She really just has a black void where her nose, eyes, and mouth should be).  

I joked that it was cool that she was so close to an NFL quarterback, but..."couldn't you have made friends with Tom Brady, instead?"

I guess Jimmy G. shut me right up. 

Hahaha that's a fantastic story! I'm kind of infatuated with Jimmy G. He's not that great a QB, but he's so suave and he's a natural born leader. I would definitely love to be friends with a friend of his, though I imagine I would be incredibly annoying to that friend about it.

This also made me realize that I need to find a way to get my hands on a Jimmy G Pats jersey. Maybe Sawx could help me out.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »

F**k it.

I'm non-binary. Demigirl, to be specific.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2020, 09:49:52 AM »

F**k it.

I'm non-binary. Demigirl, to be specific.

Hell yes!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies