Confessions of Atlas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:19:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Confessions of Atlas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Author Topic: Confessions of Atlas  (Read 26317 times)
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2020, 02:53:47 AM »

I have 53 tabs open right now
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2020, 03:32:15 AM »

You monster
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2020, 03:37:46 AM »

I cried at the end of Michigan v. Michigan State when Michigan's punter fumbled in 2015, I cried when they ruled J.T. Barrett run as a first down in 2016 in Michigan v. Ohio State.

But onto something more serious, my biggest fear is being stupid. Like I don't really have a lot going for me, but the one thing I have always been able to fall back onto is being smarter than most people, but I have an awful work ethic, and I have had lackluster grades, this is something I really need to work on fixing, but my largest fear outside of death, aging, and dementia is it being found out that I'm actually average or below-average intelligence because much of what I am built around is knowing things, I have nightmares about people who are smarter then me showing me up. Like I accept there sure are people that are smarter than me, not just on this forum but in life, but the biggest problem I have is that if I am all of a sudden stupid, then I don't know what I have to do, because I am bad at talking to people, it's not like social anxiety or anything I just don't really understand on how to carry on a conversation with anyone. However, one of my goals is to work on my social interactions with people and try to calm down more because I am a very jumpy and movey person which. If anyone ever found out in my real life that Im actually just a stupid kid that uses being "smart" as a defense it would probably ruin me, because that's really who I am as a person at this point, but I don't really feel as if I am smart compared to the average person.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2020, 02:03:39 PM »

Don’t take more than four if you don’t want to hallucinate an entire terrorist attack....oh wait you mean those kinda tabs.

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2020, 08:30:42 PM »

I haven’t seen a single full Star Wars movie.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2020, 08:34:04 PM »

Same.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2020, 09:21:31 PM »

If you ever decide to watch just one to say you did it, the two most worth watching are A New Hope (1977, originally titled Star Wars) and it's direct sequel The Empire Strikes Back (1980), which is considered the very best one by most.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2020, 01:35:49 PM »

Back when I was 13 or so years old, I used to think eugenics was/could be good policy in some situations, including forced sterilizations and sometimes even forced abortions.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2020, 01:37:42 PM »

Back when I was 13 or so years old, I used to think eugenics was/could be good policy in some situations, including forced sterilizations and sometimes even forced abortions.

But now that you're 16 you reject such foolishness?
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2020, 01:41:38 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2020, 01:45:09 PM by #Solid4096 »

But now that you're 16 you reject such foolishness?
No, I am 21 right now. And yes, I now know enough to understand that 13 year old me was wrong about this subject. Very very wrong.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2020, 09:01:51 PM »

Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2020, 03:49:53 AM »

I have committed voter fraud before, and that is a major reason why I support increased electoral security (I voted using an absentee mail ballot, with permission from the owner of the ballot and only for generally downballot races, but still, illegal).
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2020, 07:52:41 AM »

The only way eugenics could be good is for pedos
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2020, 07:29:50 PM »

I keep jumping between the different county maps that i am making, so i rarely ever finish one of them.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2020, 03:55:35 AM »

I made a 9 hour long movie in 8th grade with a budget of 11 cents. I'll make a separate thread explaining the plot of it and events if you guys are interested
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2020, 04:09:40 AM »

I made a 9 hour long movie in 8th grade with a budget of 11 cents. I'll make a separate thread explaining the plot of it and events if you guys are interested

I'm intrigued it's probably better than God's and Generals
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2020, 12:32:07 PM »

I drunkenly heckled DragonForce in Toronto by yelling "Final Countdown" with a buddy between songs, and the singer called us "you c(younexttuesday)s" on the microphone amd said "we aren't playing The f___ing Final Countdown!"

It was a long time ago and I don't even know why we did it.

lol whenever I eventually go to one of their shows I'm gonna do that

also: I've listened to nothing but Dragonforce while making N U T updates the past month. I think downloading clone hero and their entire discography was either a mistake or a blessing idk which
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2020, 11:43:17 PM »

I had one of my co workers tell me they thought I was almost thirty. Bro if I was thirty I would be older than my f---ing boss
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2020, 11:50:57 PM »

I drunkenly heckled DragonForce in Toronto by yelling "Final Countdown" with a buddy between songs, and the singer called us "you c(younexttuesday)s" on the microphone amd said "we aren't playing The f___ing Final Countdown!"

It was a long time ago and I don't even know why we did it.

lol whenever I eventually go to one of their shows I'm gonna do that

also: I've listened to nothing but Dragonforce while making N U T updates the past month. I think downloading clone hero and their entire discography was either a mistake or a blessing idk which
The keyboardist is REALLY chill. Drummer seems like some average 40 year old Ebnglish pub dude. Herman is big and muscled, strong and silent. Sam seemed okay I guess, quite a drinker. Never saw / met the singer but maybe a diva? Only one that didn't come out to meet fans afterwards but thst could be for any number of reasons.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2020, 03:23:59 AM »

I am too superstitious to change my sig, worried it will jinx it.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2020, 06:34:49 AM »

When I was 13, I came out as gay to my only friend in school back then via message, hating myself for it, and the next day a friend of hers took her phone and read our chat history telling half of the Year I'm into boys. Sucked. Reactions were not too bad tho, could've been much worse.

My Georgian grandma doesn't know anything about politics, since I was 12 she kinda managed to get mail in ballots and urged me to vote for her cuz I know more than she does.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2020, 06:54:20 AM »

When I was 13, I came out as gay to my only friend in school back then via message, hating myself for it, and the next day a friend of hers took her phone and read our chat history telling half of the Year I'm into boys. Sucked. Reactions were not too bad tho, could've been much worse.

This is why I made sure to specifically wait until school was over for me before telling my best friend I was gay. Those things always spread like wildfire in that environment. Plus, I guess it helped that I wasn't really sure of it until the age of 16, when I was definitely more mature than at 13.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2020, 08:47:04 PM »

This is why I made sure to specifically wait until school was over for me before telling my best friend I was gay. Those things always spread like wildfire in that environment. Plus, I guess it helped that I wasn't really sure of it until the age of 16, when I was definitely more mature than at 13.
I guess I was kinda early on, but at the age of 11 I already realized I was gay and just kept either avoiding the thought of it or pretending something that was just some malarkey (like "crushing on girls" with straight male teenie friends).

Was kinda relieving to tell it but after two years of constant anxieties this was a nightmare first, but actually, most people were quite chills with it. Quite ofc, not fully.

Another confession:
At age 15, a my English teacher assigned the boys to write a text about their dream girl and the girls to write a text about their dream boy. I wrote "I'm sorry, I couldn't do the homework because I'm gay" into my textbook and gave it to my teacher. Still have it at home somewhere.
Next day in class I she said I could have been "a little bit more flexible" to which I responded that if a maths teacher assigns me with calculating a saddle point of a function I couldn't just calculate the inflection point because I am not able to do the former.

The comparison is kinda mediocre, but what I heard from a younger friend who still goes to that school is that she has become more open and less heteronormative.
Like, it might be those little things like a homework who contribute to LGBT people questioning themselves (especially at that age) to be put in a role of "Just because you're a man, you have to like girls".
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2020, 02:15:25 AM »

I wish the Soviet Union was around because I miss the supremacy of my Russian Slav people, especially over Europe.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2020, 02:19:46 AM »

I wish the Soviet Union was around because I miss the supremacy of my Russian Slav people, especially over Europe.
Promoting stifling authoratarianism to own the Normans, Greco-Romans and Iberians.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies