ME-Sen Collins Leads 52% to 35% Over Gideon (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:26:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  ME-Sen Collins Leads 52% to 35% Over Gideon (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-Sen Collins Leads 52% to 35% Over Gideon  (Read 2660 times)
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« on: September 16, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »

I think it will be closer than this in the end (Collins is bound to lose some of her favorability among Democrats when she actually starts seriously campaigning and the Democratic nominee becomes more known), but it's pretty clear that Collins has a firm advantage that she could maintain until election day.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 01:36:17 PM »

Collins has never been attacked on her Kavanaugh vote in the context of a real political campaign. While there was a lot of fervor in the aftermath of the vote, that stuff can very quickly get overlooked - especially since she wasn't running at the time. It is likely that one of the reasons her favorabilities among Dems/Independents is because the Kavanaugh incident isn't at the top of voters' minds. I still think Collins is favored to win, but it's not out of the question that Gideon or whoever could capitalize on her record, weakening much of her crossover appeal in the process (such a thing is very common in our current era of heavily partisan politics).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies