ME-Sen Collins Leads 52% to 35% Over Gideon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:53:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  ME-Sen Collins Leads 52% to 35% Over Gideon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ME-Sen Collins Leads 52% to 35% Over Gideon  (Read 2634 times)
mds32
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »

An AARP poll was leaked.

Collins leads by a large margin over Gideon.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000016d-36ba-d596-a37d-3eff40b00001
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 11:08:06 AM »

Yeah, people are seriously exaggerating how competitive this race is. Collins can’t take anything for granted, but she’s definitely favored.

ME isn’t some deep blue state.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 11:09:03 AM »

This poll is over two months old man
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 11:12:56 AM »

Awful numbers for Collins this far out.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 11:15:24 AM »

A 17 point margin is “awful”?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 11:58:12 AM »

Better than I would have expected
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »

I think it will be closer than this in the end (Collins is bound to lose some of her favorability among Democrats when she actually starts seriously campaigning and the Democratic nominee becomes more known), but it's pretty clear that Collins has a firm advantage that she could maintain until election day.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 12:21:59 PM »

Only has support of 52% while 73% have no idea who Gideon is.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 12:22:36 PM »

Yes. Its over a year and a 1/2 out and all she can muster as a "popular incumbent" is 52% against a candidate that literally only has 30% name rec?
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 12:24:16 PM »

Yes. Its over a year and a 1/2 out and all she can muster as a "popular incumbent" is 52% against a candidate that literally only has 30% name rec?

This race is quite obviously likely R, cut the delusion and get a grip.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2019, 12:25:00 PM »

Among voters who have heard of both candidates, Collins leads 47/44.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2019, 12:26:56 PM »

Exactly
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2019, 12:35:20 PM »

With the Kavanaugh scandal in the news again Collins is bound to take a hit from that since she was the person who stood up most for him and gave a speech lecturing everyone about how good he is. Tick tock, Miss Perfect.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2019, 12:36:52 PM »

With the Kavanaugh scandal in the news again Collins is bound to take a hit from that since she was the person who stood up most for him and gave a speech lecturing everyone about how good he is. Tick tock, Miss Perfect.

Just like how it was going to destroy her a year ago, right?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2019, 12:41:00 PM »

Because these voters are disproportionately democrat compared to the general electorate.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 12:41:16 PM »

You can't really destroy an elected official until the actual election and that campaign really hasn't even started yet. Besides, there are other pro-Trump votes she took that can easily be used against her.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2019, 12:41:36 PM »

I mean, her approvals certainly have tanked from their previous highs. Her approval in the poll is only +8, a large drop from someone considered "One of the most popular Senators in America".
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2019, 12:43:39 PM »

Casey is polling at 47%.... it must mean that Barletta is at 53% ?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2019, 12:49:22 PM »

That was one poll among numerous, all showing much larger margins for Casey, in a time much closer to the election.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2019, 12:53:37 PM »

You do realize that that election was last year? It's really silly how you all think you can make up your own facts contrary to reality. Barletta can't win a race that is over.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2019, 12:55:59 PM »

You can't really destroy an elected official until the actual election and that campaign really hasn't even started yet. Besides, there are other pro-Trump votes she took that can easily be used against her.

I mean, her approvals certainly have tanked from their previous highs. Her approval in the poll is only +8, a large drop from someone considered "One of the most popular Senators in America".

That's still goalpost moving. If I recall, the thread from a year ago was titled "Did Susan Collins just announce her retirement?", which many Atlas D hacks concurred with and I was raked over the coals for arguing was stupid.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=303207.0
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2019, 12:57:23 PM »

That's still goalpost moving. If I recall, the thread from a year ago was titled "Did Susan Collins just announce her retirement?", which many Atlas D hacks concurred with and I was raked over the coals for arguing was stupid.

Right, because thats exactly what I was referring to when I said that her approvals have dropped since her Kavanaugh decision. I was clearly referring to a thread made a year ago that no one has named at all in this conversation but you. Roll Eyes
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2019, 12:59:40 PM »

If you are going to pull up receipts, pull up all those excessive posts of you saying that Roy Moore was going to win by 20%. Your record of predictions is not exactly good, so calling others hacks is not such a good idea for you.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »

Right, because thats exactly what I was referring to when I said that her approvals have dropped since her Kavanaugh decision. I was clearly referring to a thread made a year ago that no one has named at all in this conversation but you. Roll Eyes

I'm saying many Atlas D hacks way overestimated the impact it would have, and to make the same mistake once again because of new Kavanaugh news that only hardcore partisans care about is silly. It's not as though people in that thread were having sane and measured takes such as "well, Collins' approval will likely drop, she will lose much of her crossover support, and and she certainly won't win by ~40 points again" but rather piping hot takes about how "SHE'S FINISHED AND WILL EITHER RETIRE OR BE DOA!!!1!!!!"

If you are going to pull up receipts, pull up all those excessive posts of you saying that Roy Moore was going to win by 20%. Your record of predictions is not exactly good, so calling others hacks is not such a good idea for you.

That never happened? lol. Unless you're referring to before the pedophilia news broke, which would make that prediction irrelevant for uh...obvious reasons.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2019, 01:12:45 PM »

I'm saying many Atlas D hacks way overestimated the impact it would have, and to make the same mistake once again because of new Kavanaugh news that only hardcore partisans care about is silly. It's not as though people in that thread were having sane and measured takes such as "well, Collins' approval will likely drop, she will lose much of her crossover support, and and she certainly won't win by ~40 points again" but rather piping hot takes about how "SHE'S FINISHED AND WILL EITHER RETIRE OR BE DOA!!!1!!!!"

That never happened? lol. Unless you're referring to before the pedophilia news broke, which would make that prediction irrelevant for uh...obvious reasons.

I'm pretty sure you predicted Moore was going to win big after the allegations broke.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies