Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:32:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 129840 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: February 01, 2020, 04:09:16 PM »

And look at all the WOWs in the comments saying "THIS ISN'T AN APOLOGY", "KEEP IT" and "NOT GOOD ENOUGH".

One of the most basic rules of modern politics that Democrats don't seem to grasp: never apologize. Democrats do have a lot to learn from Trump in terms of playing the game, but don't tell the WOWs that! #CampaignSoTrump Cry

Hardly anybody means it when they apologize. On top of that, apologizing makes you look weak and it does nothing to change the minds of people who are largely just concern-trolling for their "team" in the first place. F[inks]k their feelings: if Sanders prevails, they'll get in line like the good little "Vote Blue No Matter Who!"people they are: it's the other side of the coin where unity is a concern.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1701 on: February 01, 2020, 04:10:32 PM »

I would like to speak to the CEO of The Squad.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1702 on: February 01, 2020, 04:15:20 PM »

I have Sanders now a very slight Favourite winning Iowa on Monday.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1703 on: February 01, 2020, 04:15:24 PM »

I would like to speak to the CEO of The Squad.

gottsu
Poland

« Reply #1704 on: February 01, 2020, 04:40:17 PM »

Gotta beat the perpetually outraged to the punch by posting this first, in the hopes we avoid a bunch of concern-trolling, faux outrage and silly posturing.

BOOOOOOO

My bold prediction: when Sanders will become president, moderates and centrists Democrats will form third party - something like Liberal Democrats in UK. It becomes too much for them, and for me to call themselves "Democrat" in 2020. For real.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1705 on: February 01, 2020, 04:57:40 PM »

I'm getting ready for Bernie with AOC, Rashida and all the gang.

Go Sanders!!!
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1706 on: February 01, 2020, 05:45:45 PM »

Do tell me, what appeal does the squad think they have in Iowa?
Joey1996

« Reply #1707 on: February 01, 2020, 05:46:48 PM »

Anyone who supported Clinton's attacks on Sanders last week but are against what Talib said is a hack.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1708 on: February 01, 2020, 05:48:24 PM »

Youth outreach, for one.  Though that might not help as much in a state where young people are leaving.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1709 on: February 01, 2020, 05:59:51 PM »

I'm almost certain that the Sanders campaign told her to apologize. Personally I think she should not have apologized and stood by booing. It's a lot better to be honest than fake.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1710 on: February 01, 2020, 06:01:10 PM »

I'm almost certain that the Sanders campaign told her to apologize. Personally I think she should not have apologized and stood by booing. It's a lot better to be honest than fake.

Finally, we agree on something.
bilaps
« Reply #1711 on: February 01, 2020, 06:05:50 PM »

Do tell me, what appeal does Joe Biden have anywhere?

Oh, man, I wish sometimes Biden would win just to see people eating their words in November again.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1712 on: February 01, 2020, 06:09:02 PM »

Anyone who supported Clinton's attacks on Sanders last week but are against what Talib said is a hack.

And anyone who supported what Talib said but are against Clinton's attacks are also a hack right?
yes.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1713 on: February 01, 2020, 06:14:54 PM »

Catching up on everything:

-I’m fine with Tilab booing but I didn’t like her but about the haters comment later in the video
-It wasn’t worth apologizing over
-Tilab should be primaried but not for this
-The usual suspects in a quick glass at Twitter to the shock of no one seem outraged over this
-Otherwise agree with peenie weenie
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1714 on: February 01, 2020, 06:16:12 PM »

And look at all the WOWs in the comments saying "THIS ISN'T AN APOLOGY", "KEEP IT" and "NOT GOOD ENOUGH".

One of the most basic rules of modern politics that Democrats don't seem to grasp: never apologize. Democrats do have a lot to learn from Trump in terms of playing the game, but don't tell the WOWs that! #CampaignSoTrump Cry

Hardly anybody means it when they apologize. On top of that, apologizing makes you look weak and it does nothing to change the minds of people who are largely just concern-trolling for their "team" in the first place. F[inks]k their feelings: if Sanders prevails, they'll get in line like the good little "Vote Blue No Matter Who!"people they are: it's the other side of the coin where unity is a concern.

Oh please. Half of the Democrats on here would prefer Trump to Sanders because they hate him more than Trump. Oh sure, they'll say they made a pledge, but pledges are meaningless. Half of the people who even added their names to it said "Only if Bernie isn't the nominee."

Unity is only important when the left is dissenting. If the moderates go after Sanders and his people, it's 'fair and reasoned.' but the second Sanders says anything more than a peep, it's 'unfair and bulls**t'.

I'm past it. We already have one person who's said they won't vote for Sanders, but at least they're honest about it, unlike the usual suspects on here who say they will if forced to, then likely won't or even actively work to undermine him, as I bet at least half of the forum Democrats would.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1715 on: February 01, 2020, 06:21:34 PM »

Oh please. Half of the Democrats on here would prefer Trump to Sanders because they hate him more than Trump. Oh sure, they'll say they made a pledge, but pledges are meaningless. Half of the people who even added their names to it said "Only if Bernie isn't the nominee."

Unity is only important when the left is dissenting. If the moderates go after Sanders and his people, it's 'fair and reasoned.' but the second Sanders says anything more than a peep, it's 'unfair and bulls**t'.

I'm past it. We already have one person who's said they won't vote for Sanders, but at least they're honest about it, unlike the usual suspects on here who say they will if forced to, then likely won't or even actively work to undermine him, as I bet at least half of the forum Democrats would.

I made that comment half-jokingly, but there is some truth to it. Sanders is bringing in people who are not guaranteed for vote for Democrats regardless, or vote at all absent him: independents, young voters, etc.

Though it's definitely worth remembering that the WOW class consists of an absurdly large segment of people who were just fine with voting GOP when it benefited their economic interests - so long as they weren't rude to others! - who may buck sooner or later. However, I imagine the YASSS QUEEN #woke WOW Donuts will stick with Democrats until taxes increase to alleviate inequalities for minorities, the poor and the disenfranchised, which won't happen before the 2020 election obviously. Either #UseEmThenLoseEm or #UFkWithUsUStuckWithUs applies here.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1716 on: February 01, 2020, 06:25:06 PM »

I made that comment half-jokingly, but there is some truth to it. Sanders is bringing in people who are not guaranteed for vote for Democrats regardless, or vote at all absent him: independents, young voters, etc.

Though it's definitely worth remembering that the WOW class consists of an absurdly large segment of people who were just fine with voting GOP when it benefited their economic interests - so long as they weren't rude to others! - who may buck sooner or later. However, I imagine the YASSS QUEEN #woke WOW Donuts will stick with Democrats until taxes increase to alleviate inequalities for minorities, the poor and the disenfranchised, which won't happen before the 2020 election obviously. Either #UseEmThenLoseEm or #UFkWithUsUStuckWithUs applies here.

I highly doubt that. You only have to look back a page or so on this thread to see someone imply Sanders is a self-hating Jew, for example.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1717 on: February 01, 2020, 06:29:05 PM »

I highly doubt that. You only have to look back a page or so on this thread to see someone imply Sanders is a self-hating Jew, for example.

Atlas is not reflective of American politics, both among neolibs and leftists alike. There's only one group of posters (who can be counted on one hand) whose behaviors should be noted as constituting benefit or trouble in general elections: those of us integrated into the party apparatus itself. On top of that, I'm sure the vast, vast majority of outliers even here are in states that don't matter in terms of general election outcomes (CA, FL, OH, etc).
Roblox

« Reply #1718 on: February 01, 2020, 06:32:25 PM »

Kinda've unimportant, but what does WOW stand for? Something about white women?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1719 on: February 01, 2020, 06:33:16 PM »

I think I made a joke poll a while back about how the Democrats should nominate Ted Cruz for president.  After all, vote blue no matter who, and Cruz will bring in lots of Republicans and Independents who otherwise wouldn't have voted Dem.  People didn't like it and the mods deleted it.

But now we see that exact argument being made about Sanders and how he's going to bring in the Joe Rogan audience, or Cenk and his band of misogynist incels, or Glenn Greenwald and his club of latter-day Jane Fondas, or Jill Stein and the green party saboteurs.  Heck, why not shoot for an Alex Jones endorsement so you can bring in the redneck conspiracy theorist vote?

"He's going to bring in voters who won't vote for Biden!"
"Isn't beating Trump the most important thing?"
"I can't wait until Biden loses in November so the Dems can see just how badly they need us"

If all I cared about was beating Trump and nothing else, I'd nominate Ted Cruz.

We care about a lot more than just beating Trump.  We care about the character of the next president.  We care about the things he will do with power once he obtains it.  We care about the character of the party, the leader who takes it over and the movement he brings with him.  While I'd still vote for Sanders, what's the point of beating Trump if I have to sacrifice my own party to the same sorts of knuckleheads to do it?  I'd rather have an N% chance of beating Trump with a good, decent man who leads with integrity and character, than an N+10% chance of beating Trump with someone who wants to burn down 70% of the Democratic Party on his way there.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1720 on: February 01, 2020, 06:34:45 PM »

Atlas is not reflective of American politics, both among neolibs and leftists alike. There's only one group of posters (who can be counted on one hand) whose behaviors should be noted as constituting benefit or trouble in general elections: those of us integrated into the party apparatus itself. On top of that, I'm sure the vast, vast majority of outliers even here are in states that don't matter in terms of general election outcomes (CA, FL, OH, etc).

Oh, I can go on Twitter and literally find accounts dedicated to smearing and 'exposing' him on anything from campaign finance to him being racist and sexist. RFKfan has implied multiple times (though without directly saying it) that he's an extreme racist, for example.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1721 on: February 01, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2020, 06:40:54 PM by President Griffin »

Kinda've unimportant, but what does WOW stand for? Something about white women?

It's a term I've coined here on Atlas over the past few weeks (Well-Off Whites)!

Give me a like every time you see one of these in Twitter replies whining:

#CHRISTINE
#MAIDENNAME-MARRIEDNAME
#50YOWOW
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1722 on: February 01, 2020, 06:36:48 PM »

Oh, I can go on Twitter and literally find accounts dedicated to smearing and 'exposing' him on anything from campaign finance to him being racist and sexist.

Again, Extremely Online types comprise like 1-2% of actual voters - and they're all firmly behind specific candidates (no persuasion necessary!). Most of them on social media platforms like Twitter are just chasing likes and retweets to elevate their persona in the Online World; that's why there is some repetition to which users you see elevated in replies to various tweets. We all get our feathers in a ruffle over groups of people who comprise basically a rounding error in primary and general election voting alike. The vast majority of people have better things to do than argue like roosters on Twitter or uselectionatlas.org.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1723 on: February 01, 2020, 06:37:00 PM »

Was it smart? Was it necessary? Does the campaign really want this story to blow up? Probably not.

Does it feel good to see these ****ers get a taste of their own medicine? Absolutely.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1724 on: February 01, 2020, 06:37:31 PM »

I think I made a joke poll a while back about how the Democrats should nominate Ted Cruz for president.  After all, vote blue no matter who, and Cruz will bring in lots of Republicans and Independents who otherwise wouldn't have voted Dem.  People didn't like it and the mods deleted it.

But now we see that exact argument being made about Sanders and how he's going to bring in the Joe Rogan audience, or Cenk and his band of misogynist incels, or Glenn Greenwald and his club of latter-day Jane Fondas, or Jill Stein and the green party saboteurs.  Heck, why not shoot for an Alex Jones endorsement so you can bring in the redneck conspiracy theorist vote?

"He's going to bring in voters who won't vote for Biden!"
"Isn't beating Trump the most important thing?"
"I can't wait until Biden loses in November so the Dems can see just how badly they need us"

If all I cared about was beating Trump and nothing else, I'd nominate Ted Cruz.

We care about a lot more than just beating Trump.  We care about the character of the next president.  We care about the things he will do with power once he obtains it.  We care about the character of the party, the leader who takes it over and the movement he brings with him.  While I'd still vote for Sanders, what's the point of beating Trump if I have to sacrifice my own party to the same sorts of knuckleheads to do it?  I'd rather have an N% chance of beating Trump with a good, decent man who leads with integrity and character, than an N+10% chance of beating Trump with someone who wants to burn down 70% of the Democratic Party on his way there.

Translation: I'd rather lose with a moderate than win with a leftist.

Just stop obfuscating and say you won't vote for Sanders no matter what.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies