Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:47:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 129796 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: January 17, 2020, 11:02:42 PM »

Good. That's why we need him, and why, despite being 79 with heart trouble, he's the best candidate to defeat Trump and save the country.

He's 78 ftr.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1176 on: January 17, 2020, 11:05:42 PM »

Peter Shumlin crawls out of the woodwork to remind us how useless of an endorsement he was for Hillary in Vermont.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1177 on: January 18, 2020, 12:40:25 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2020, 12:45:56 AM by GeneralMacArthur »

People wonder why "Bernie's not a Democrat" is an attack.  I've never really liked it.  On it's face, it's a silly attack.  Of all the problems with Bernie, does the fact that he doesn't slap a D on his name really matter?

The real point is that Bernie has never cared about the party.  He's never helped us.  He attacks us constantly.  He said that JFK made him sick and that the Democratic party was decadent and corrupt.  In the 90s he went around telling people that the Democrats and Republicans were equally bad.  In 2012 he wanted a primary challenge for Obama.

If Bernie was otherwise a helpful Democrat, he could call himself whatever he wanted and I wouldn't give a crap.  But he's not.  He hijacks our party to promote himself when it suits him, and afterwards goes back to attacking us, lying about us, trying to tear us down.

It's especially frustrating because progress towards the world Bernie envisions can only be achieved with a powerful and united Democratic party that's strong enough to beat back the Republican menace.    But rather than aiding us in that goal, he works against us.  Because at the end of the day, above all else, he's out for himself.

That's why it matters that he's "not a Democrat."
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1178 on: January 18, 2020, 01:00:32 AM »

Good. He has to do whatever it takes to win.

You don't see Senator Warren play this dangerous game with the voters. The senator from Vermont vows to go against his enemies in the name of revolution. That's not a reasonable rhetoric to go against the other candidates, that is Trumpism in far-left wolf clothing. Bernie has been dipping in the polls since his sexist attitude towards Warren and it's not going to win him any of his critics as it demonstrate this is the true side of his vicious personality. He's a traitor as far as I'm bothered.

Yes, we are the Trumpists for wanting a seat at the table, while the Orwellian operators of the Democratic Party crush all dissenting voices. But only the leftist ones - we need to defend the Blue Dogs and hold the conservative bastions of Chicago and San Antonio.

You want us to become a part of the party? You want Bernie to reach out and become a Democrat? Get off your ****ing high horses and bury the hatchet. If Obama could do what was best for the party and unify it after 2008, I'm sure you people can. 
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1179 on: January 18, 2020, 01:12:25 AM »

Gotta respect Tim Wise for being willing to go up against the mob. He knew the sh*t he was going to get for that, but he remained faithful to his life's work.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1180 on: January 18, 2020, 01:13:16 AM »

You don't see Senator Warren play this dangerous game with the voters. The senator from Vermont vows to go against his enemies in the name of revolution. That's not a reasonable rhetoric to go against the other candidates, that is Trumpism in far-left wolf clothing. Bernie has been dipping in the polls since his sexist attitude towards Warren and it's not going to win him any of his critics as it demonstrate this is the true side of his vicious personality. He's a traitor as far as I'm bothered.

Yes, we are the Trumpists for wanting a seat at the table, while the Orwellian operators of the Democratic Party crush all dissenting voices. But only the leftist ones - we need to defend the Blue Dogs and hold the conservative bastions of Chicago and San Antonio.

You want us to become a part of the party? You want Bernie to reach out and become a Democrat? Get off your ****ing high horses and bury the hatchet. If Obama could do what was best for the party and unify it after 2008, I'm sure you people can. 

Bro, the Democratic Party has tried to bury the hatchet with Bernie time and time again.

After Tom Perez became DNC chair he made Keith Ellison co-chair and launched this big unity tour with Bernie where they were going around doing events together and burying the hatchet.  Then after Bernie was still complaining about the primary being rigged, we created a "unity commission" to investigate any unfair rules.  He made a mockery of it by appointing clueless hacks like Nomiki Konst who were openly trying to rig the rules to favor Bernie, rather than actually making it fair.

How did Bernie repay us?  He spent 2017-18 launching his M4A tour where he went around the country lying to people that the Democratic Party, which suffered two landslide elections (1994 and 2010) trying to pursue universal health care, has never stood for universal health care.  In fact, not only have we never stood for it, but we've been part of a conspiracy to stop it.  And then when the midterms came around he went from state to state trying to primary congressional Democrats out of office with his Our Revolution and Justice Dems and Brand New Congress candidates.

But you don't have to go remember 2017 for "burying the hatchet" stuff.  Just look at the most memorable event of the 2016 election, the DNC Convention.  We gave Bernie his prime speaking slot.  We gave Bernie his concessions.  We let him rewrite the party platform.  For christ's sake, the entire first day of the convention was all about Bernie.  And what did we get for it?  Rioting that he did nothing to control.  Then when his campaign inflamed the WikiLeaks Russian cyberop, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (who had done nothing wrong!) resigned as party chair, and what did we get for it?  Nothing.  The campaign was still plotting to try to force Tim Kaine off the ticket during the convention.  Fortunately nothing ever came of that.

I never see Bernie trying to bury the hatchet with Democrats.  He's always the one picking new fights.  It's always the Democrats trying to make peace and unity with him, adopting his positions, giving him concessions, saying nice things about him, refusing to attack him.  I wish Democrats would f***ing learn, after four years, that there's no point.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1181 on: January 18, 2020, 02:15:20 AM »

Bro, the Democratic Party has tried to bury the hatchet with Bernie time and time again.

After Tom Perez became DNC chair he made Keith Ellison co-chair and launched this big unity tour with Bernie where they were going around doing events together and burying the hatchet.  Then after Bernie was still complaining about the primary being rigged, we created a "unity commission" to investigate any unfair rules.  He made a mockery of it by appointing clueless hacks like Nomiki Konst who were openly trying to rig the rules to favor Bernie, rather than actually making it fair.

How did Bernie repay us?  He spent 2017-18 launching his M4A tour where he went around the country lying to people that the Democratic Party, which suffered two landslide elections (1994 and 2010) trying to pursue universal health care, has never stood for universal health care.  In fact, not only have we never stood for it, but we've been part of a conspiracy to stop it.  And then when the midterms came around he went from state to state trying to primary congressional Democrats out of office with his Our Revolution and Justice Dems and Brand New Congress candidates.

But you don't have to go remember 2017 for "burying the hatchet" stuff.  Just look at the most memorable event of the 2016 election, the DNC Convention.  We gave Bernie his prime speaking slot.  We gave Bernie his concessions.  We let him rewrite the party platform.  For christ's sake, the entire first day of the convention was all about Bernie.  And what did we get for it?  Rioting that he did nothing to control.  Then when his campaign inflamed the WikiLeaks Russian cyberop, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (who had done nothing wrong!) resigned as party chair, and what did we get for it?  Nothing.  The campaign was still plotting to try to force Tim Kaine off the ticket during the convention.  Fortunately nothing ever came of that.

I never see Bernie trying to bury the hatchet with Democrats.  He's always the one picking new fights.  It's always the Democrats trying to make peace and unity with him, adopting his positions, giving him concessions, saying nice things about him, refusing to attack him.  I wish Democrats would f***ing learn, after four years, that there's no point.

About time someone said it. Bernie didn't win the primary last time, yet we still adopted a huge chunk of his platform in attempt to unify and appease his supporters (who deserved to have their voices listened to). However, all Bernie and his surrogates have done is trash fellow democrats as "not good enough" and "impure" based on optics rather than hard evidence.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1182 on: January 18, 2020, 02:32:57 AM »

The "unity tour" that was universally panned after Bernie+Perez endorsed a pro-life Democrat as mayor of Omaha? But when the DCCC goes all-out to elect a pro-life Congressman for Omaha? When there's a pro-choice Democratic woman challenging that notion? Deafening silence. Very little pressure to endorse the pro-choice woman, even after she proved she could win. Oh yes, and almost zero backing from the establishment until it was too late.

There were also the purges of Ellison supporters from the ranks (including my state party's chair, who helped become the force that we are today, and aside from our SoS race has been a model in not only competing, but unity).

There's a reason why most of the Berniecrats in the NH-1 primary have extended their political careers. One is running for Executive Council, while another sits on the Portsmouth City Council. The only ones who haven't are Mark Mackenzie (who has retired and returned to union activism) and Levi Sanders (who is a laughingstock in my state's political circles for good reason). Instead of trying to stifle the wave of progressivism like the national party has, the NHDP rode the wave, and have been rewarded for doing so since 2006.

Bernie only personally endorsed one primary challenger, who was facing Dan Lipinski. He didn't even endorse AOC (although Our Revolution did)! Brand New Congress and the Justice Dems have become more independent of Bernie, but even then, OR only tried to primary 3 sitting Congresspeople. The third was Richard Neal, and his position on surprise medical billing and slowness to get Trump's tax returns has vindicated them.

If anything, Bernie hasn't endorsed enough primary challengers. If you're going to endorse Marie Newman, at least endorse Jessica Cisneros too!

I'm fairly sure we've had this argument at least 2 times.

As for Kaine, it's a shame the plan never worked, as he was an awful candidate for VP. Someone like Warren or even Julian Castro would have been better.

Unless the fight is going up against a conservative Democrat in the middle of Chicago, then I'm not sure. I've already gone at length.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1183 on: January 18, 2020, 03:16:24 AM »

Bernie only personally endorsed one primary challenger, who was facing Dan Lipinski. He didn't even endorse AOC (although Our Revolution did)! Brand New Congress and the Justice Dems have become more independent of Bernie, but even then, OR only tried to primary 3 sitting Congresspeople. The third was Richard Neal, and his position on surprise medical billing and slowness to get Trump's tax returns has vindicated them.

First of all, Our Revolution is NOT at ALL independent from Bernie, that idea is major LOL.

But are you seriously trying to claim that Bernie didn't run primary challenges against Democrats in 2018?

Here's just one example, he campaigned for Brent Welder against Sharice Davids.  https://theintercept.com/2018/07/17/brent-welder-kansas-primary-3rd-district-ocasio-cortez-bernie-sanders/

There's a Politico article that enumerates the defeats: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/08/bernie-sanders-endorsements-2018-elections-767403
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1184 on: January 18, 2020, 03:47:10 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2020, 04:04:47 AM by CEO of Bernie Sanders »

I'm not arguing that OR is independent at all. Notice how I left them out when describing organizations that are independent of Bernie.

I'm also counting actual primaries to Democrats, not running in a primary with candidates you like. The DCCC never actually endorsed Davids until she beat Welder. A Republican looked vulnerable in KS-3. Bernie offered his vision of a candidate. EMILY's List offered theirs. The people of KS-3 chose Davids. I still don't get the hate around her - she was a good candidate, and with Kansas's tick towards pragmatists, it may explain why she won. All the "establishment" candidates were simply better. I have no idea about Iowa or Kansas, but in the case of Whitmer, she was as progressive on issues that actually mattered in-state, and didn't run on national issues.  I can also say with certainty that nobody really cared about Greg Edwards losing in PA-7. We were all just glad Morganelli (who allied with Trump on immigration) lost.

If a Bernie supporter had Whitmer's resume or Davids's political abilities, they would still win. Most of the Bernie-endorsed Democrats who lost were either running in deep-red territory or beaten fair and square.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1185 on: January 18, 2020, 10:37:34 AM »

Not to #BothSides this or anything, but there’s truth to what Sawx and McArthur are saying...but I think both are missing different parts of the puzzle.  I think there’s no getting around the fact that Sanders does have a tendency to be show horse in ways that definitely undermine the Democratic Party.  Being a team player and working with enemy factions to achieve a common goal does not come naturally to him; he’s most in his element when he’s denouncing a powerful institution (as opposed to, say, enacting legislation or talking about something positive).  

I also think there are quite a few Berniecrats (although this is definitely more of a “loud minority” thing than a feature of Berniecrats as a whole) who regularly threaten to wreak havoc in primaries with horrible candidates like Laura Moser, Andy Thorburn, Greg Edwards, Ben Jealous, Cenk Uygur, Abdul El-Sayed, Joshua Collins, etc in otherwise winnable races simply b/c they’ve been so blinded by hate for the Democratic establishment that they care more about thumbing their noses at it than they do about actually winning election or accomplishing any sort of policy goals.  

That said, Bernie also did everything he could to be of service to Hillary’s campaign after the DNC and most Berniecrats held their noses and voted for Hillary.  If more had then Trump wouldn’t be President, but there are many but for causes for his victory and Bernie himself certainly isn’t one of them.  He can go off the reservation sometimes and really needs to learn how to play well with others (the Cenk endorsement still baffles me; why not stay out of that race, but endorse Jessica Cisneros), but he is a Democrat when push comes to shove.  

That said, regarding 2016, I think that his supporters are generally the ones who stubbornly refuse to bury the hatchet unless it’s in the back of the DNC’s head.  The idea that the Democratic establishment just won’t let the 2016 primaries go utterly baffles me tbh.  I mean, the only ones who didn’t move on a long time ago seem to be Berniecrats.  Sure there are exceptions, but let’s be honest, the DNC has bent over backwards to absurd degrees to make peace and the collective response of Sanders’ base has essentially been “F*** off and die, you corrupt piece of sh!t!  Also you’re not allowed say anything bad about people I like because if you do, then you’re rigging the system again.”  

If you constantly attack folks, they’re gonna push back and you’ll see it get brought up by establishment Dems then...but usually only after a clear provocation like Bernie endorsing Cenk.  There is definitely a sense of entitlement in many Berniecrat circles where many of his supporters seem to feel any criticism of him is some grave miscarriage of justice.  If you wanna run for President, you’ve gotta have thick skin.  Bernie shouldn’t get special treatment.  

Which segues to the last point: I think a quite a few of the most vocal Sanders supporters have a personality cult mindset about him and many of his supporters regularly toss around terms like “traitor,” “enemy of the movement [like their version of “enemy of the people”],” etc.  I suspect that this subconsciously reminds non-Berniecrats of Trump’s supporters.  Honestly, I think that’s a big part of why his supporters have always seemed to rub many other Democrats the wrong way.  However the term originated, when people use the term “Bernie Bro,” I’d argue that they‘re generally referring to the personality cult types.  
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1186 on: January 18, 2020, 12:23:43 PM »

I think there’s no getting around the fact that Sanders does have a tendency to be show horse in ways that definitely undermine the Democratic Party.  Being a team player and working with enemy factions to achieve a common goal does not come naturally to him; he’s most in his element when he’s denouncing a powerful institution (as opposed to, say, enacting legislation or talking about something positive).  

How does this claim square with Sanders' impeccable role on the Senate Democratic caucus leadership team? Has he hindered the Democratic party in any real way in the Senate?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1187 on: January 18, 2020, 01:24:23 PM »

Klobuchar defers to Bernie's on-stage comments when asked about the Warren accusations.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1188 on: January 18, 2020, 01:32:57 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2020, 01:37:52 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

That said, Bernie also did everything he could to be of service to Hillary’s campaign after the DNC and most Berniecrats held their noses and voted for Hillary.  If more had then Trump wouldn’t be President, but there are many but for causes for his victory and Bernie himself certainly isn’t one of them.

This is a great post and I agree with almost everything you wrote; however, I wrote an entire thread making the case that this specific statement is a myth.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=354294.0

25.7% of Sanders supporters did not vote for Clinton in the general.  If Sanders had helped get that number down to 16% (the number of Hillary supporters who did not vote for Obama) then Clinton would have won PA/MI/WI plus FL.  I talk pretty specifically in that thread about why, in my opinion, he did not do anywhere near enough, summarized in this quote:

In a campaign that ultimately comes down to 0.7% of the vote in three states, it took a confluence of several different factors to take Clinton down.  If Comey hadn't dropped his phony "reopening" of the Clinton investigation over nothing a week before the election, she would have won.  If the Clinton campaign had focused 100% of their resources in October on solidifying the swing states, instead of getting overconfident and trying to spread themselves thin to help downballot candidates, they would have won.

But the evidence is pretty much incontrovertible that if Sanders had done for Clinton what she did for Obama in 2008, a full-throated endorsement and diligent, devoted effort to defeat Trump, she would have won.  Instead, we got a half-baked "Clinton is bad but she's not as bad as Trump" endorsement, a self-centered book tour disguised as campaigning that barely mentioned Clinton, his former campaign staff absconding to the Green Party, and his former media empire turning extremely anti-Clinton, none of which Bernie did anything to stop.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1189 on: January 18, 2020, 01:44:45 PM »

I'm of the school of thought that the reason the number is so high was because of protest votes in the primary from conservative Democrats. As someone who talked to these people on the ground in 2016, I can confirm firsthand that these people had little intention of voting for Bernie once Fox beat the socialism drum enough. They voted for Bernie because they simply couldn't vote in the Republican primary for Trump/Cruz. For the large part, they never agreed with us and were always going to defect. They just wanted to stop Hillary.
Rat
Snickleton
United States

« Reply #1190 on: January 18, 2020, 02:49:36 PM »

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/17/sanders-warren-vice-president-treasury-secretary/

Interesting article from the Intercept discussing how Sanders campaign was looking into the possibility of having Warren serve as both VP and Treasury Secretary simultaneously.

Another interesting part a few paragraphs in, discussing the he-said-she-said feud:

NOT LONG AFTER meeting with Sanders at the end of 2018 to discuss her impending presidential run, Warren hosted an off-the-record dinner with a number of journalists, according to sources with knowledge of it. At the dinner, Warren was asked about her meeting with Sanders, and in the course of the discussion, she relayed that Sanders had warned that he didn’t believe a woman could beat Trump in 2020. Different reporters recalled the comments differently, a mirror image of the dispute between Warren and Sanders over exactly what Sanders said — with Warren saying that Sanders argued a woman couldn’t beat Trump, while Sanders said that he only said Trump would weaponize misogyny against a woman, not that it would work. (The Intercept was not at the dinner. Most politicians hold informal, off-record dinners or meetings with journalists, though it’s not something Sanders is known to do. Occasionally details from those meetings leak, but it’s rare.)

From there, the piece of news entered the journalistic bloodstream, circulating among reporters as gossip but not finding its way into print. On Monday, it finally did, with CNN’s M.J. Lee reporting that according to four sources — described as “two people Warren spoke with directly soon after the encounter, and two people familiar with the meeting” — Sanders had told Warren, according to CNN’s paraphrasing, that “he did not believe a woman could win.”

It was widely assumed in the immediate aftermath of the story that Warren’s campaign had planted the story. Indeed, CNN anchor Erin Burnett said as much on air. But Burnett was merely making an assumption, and had no inside knowledge of the sources, two CNN sources told The Intercept.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1191 on: January 18, 2020, 04:53:22 PM »

Now I absolutely loathe Liz Warren and consider her a rank phony and poser.  I don't have a good word to say about her.  Full disclosure here.

You’re not obligated to like Liz Warren.  In fact, as a far-right wing Republican, I’d be shocked if you did.  But to call her a "rank phony and poser" while shilling for Donald Trump as you do here every day is some cognitive dissonance of the highest magnitude.

A "poser" like posing as a successful, self-made billionaire?  When in reality he got his start by being Daddy's tax shelter, and still refuses to release financial documentation to back up any of the rest of it?

A "poser" like posing as a devout Christian (when it became time to run for president), when in reality he's a greedy, prideful, womanizing, foul-mouthed liar?

A "poser" like posing as a powerful CEO who hires only the "best people", but who's not afraid to identify weakness and tell 'em "you're fired"?  When in reality he hires a corrupt, unqualified and incompetent posse of brown-nosing toadies, and can only summon the courage to fire them via tweet?

A "poser" who poses as a man far too busy being president to play golf, but in reality has thus far spent 23% of his presidency doing just that?

A "poser" like posing as a man in excellent health and only 239 pounds, when in reality anybody with functioning eyes can tell he's clearly lying again?

And finally, a "poser" like posing as President of the United States, when in reality spends his time picking fights with the free press (a.k.a. a guarantor of our free democracy), celebrities on Twitter, women he cheated on his wives with, and our global allies (in favor of our enemies)?  Or just having the world literally laugh at him?

I agree with you that being a "poser" apparently isn't a disqualifier from the presidency.  But judging by your posting history, you seem to come to such a person's rescue regardless.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1192 on: January 18, 2020, 05:01:51 PM »

Now I absolutely loathe Liz Warren and consider her a rank phony and poser.  I don't have a good word to say about her.  Full disclosure here.

You’re not obligated to like Liz Warren.  In fact, as a far-right wing Republican, I’d be shocked if you did.  But to call her a "rank phony and poser" while shilling for Donald Trump as you do here every day is some cognitive dissonance of the highest magnitude.

A "poser" like posing as a successful, self-made billionaire?  When in reality he got his start by being Daddy's tax shelter, and still refuses to release financial documentation to back up any of the rest of it?

A "poser" like posing as a devout Christian (when it became time to run for president), when in reality he's a greedy, prideful, womanizing, foul-mouthed liar?

A "poser" like posing as a powerful CEO who hires only the "best people", but who's not afraid to identify weakness and tell 'em "you're fired"?  When in reality he hires a corrupt, unqualified and incompetent posse of brown-nosing toadies, and can only summon the courage to fire them via tweet?

A "poser" who poses as a man far too busy being president to play golf, but in reality has thus far spent 23% of his presidency doing just that?

A "poser" like posing as a man in excellent health and only 239 pounds, when in reality anybody with functioning eyes can tell he's clearly lying again?

And finally, a "poser" like posing as President of the United States, when in reality spends his time picking fights with the free press (a.k.a. a guarantor of our free democracy), celebrities on Twitter, women he cheated on his wives with, and our global allies (in favor of our enemies)?  Or just having the world literally laugh at him?

I agree with you that being a "poser" apparently isn't a disqualifier from the presidency.  But judging by your posting history, you seem to come to such a person's rescue regardless.

Keep talking to yourself.  I don't need my "ignore" button to ignore you.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1193 on: January 18, 2020, 05:03:03 PM »

^ How lazy and cowardly.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1194 on: January 18, 2020, 05:28:35 PM »

If I posted a long post, you'd assail me as a thread-derailing, whatabouting blowhard who had the cooties to boot.  I'm going to be crassly insulted by you, no matter what I write.  That's mainly because you truly hate me and hate the idea that the personal attacks I've endured (including ones I've endured from you).

You don't even pretend to respect me as a human being.  I suppose I view that as liberating.  I don't have the burden of giving you the benefit of the doubt when personal maliciousness is a motive for an attack.  And you use your Trump Derangement Syndrome to justify your own hate of me, and of others that won't speak and write as if they've completed their Reeducation Camp experience seriously. 

"Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you."  (Luke 6:28)  You fall into that category.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1195 on: January 18, 2020, 05:39:55 PM »

Oh quit whining, drama queen.  All I did was point out your hypocrisy, and reposted an old post of mine on this same subject addressed to you that you failed to acknowledge at the time too.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1196 on: January 18, 2020, 07:08:59 PM »

I'm more concerned with Joy Reid bringing on an anti-vax Trump supporter to make anti-Semitic smears about Bernie myself.
James Monroe

« Reply #1197 on: January 18, 2020, 10:53:10 PM »

Bernie Sanders, a top competitor in the Democratic primaries, has attacked Joe Biden for bringing “just a lot of baggage” into the race. But if past views are a major consideration, consider the baggage that Sanders drags into the campaign.

Go back over 40 years, to the start of Iran’s long conflict with the United States. On April 1, 1979, the theocratic Islamic Republic of Iran was proclaimed. Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who had returned to Iran from exile to assume command of the revolt, became Supreme Leader in December of that year. His rise was accelerated by the seizure on Nov. 4 of 52 American diplomats and citizens, and citizens of other countries, at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran. The hostage crisis became the means by which the Ayatollah crushed political opponents in Iran. Dealing with the hostage taking became the overwhelming political crisis for President Jimmy Carter. It lasted 444 days.

Virtually all Americans—Democrats, Republicans and independents—united in support of the hostages and the international call for their freedom. One prominent political figure on the 2020 stage, then almost completely unknown, stood apart by joining a Marxist-Leninist party that not only pledged support for the Iranian theocracy, but also justified the hostage taking by insisting the hostages were all likely CIA agents. Who was that person? It was Bernie Sanders.

https://news.yahoo.com/iran-took-americans-hostage-bernie-100052053.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=fb
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1198 on: January 18, 2020, 10:56:28 PM »

Bernie Sanders, a top competitor in the Democratic primaries, has attacked Joe Biden for bringing “just a lot of baggage” into the race. But if past views are a major consideration, consider the baggage that Sanders drags into the campaign.

Go back over 40 years, to the start of Iran’s long conflict with the United States. On April 1, 1979, the theocratic Islamic Republic of Iran was proclaimed. Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who had returned to Iran from exile to assume command of the revolt, became Supreme Leader in December of that year. His rise was accelerated by the seizure on Nov. 4 of 52 American diplomats and citizens, and citizens of other countries, at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran. The hostage crisis became the means by which the Ayatollah crushed political opponents in Iran. Dealing with the hostage taking became the overwhelming political crisis for President Jimmy Carter. It lasted 444 days.

Virtually all Americans—Democrats, Republicans and independents—united in support of the hostages and the international call for their freedom. One prominent political figure on the 2020 stage, then almost completely unknown, stood apart by joining a Marxist-Leninist party that not only pledged support for the Iranian theocracy, but also justified the hostage taking by insisting the hostages were all likely CIA agents. Who was that person? It was Bernie Sanders.

https://news.yahoo.com/iran-took-americans-hostage-bernie-100052053.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=fb

Not everyone can be the amazing progressive Federalist Society speaker that Warren was decades ago.
James Monroe

« Reply #1199 on: January 18, 2020, 11:00:41 PM »

Not everyone can be the amazing progressive Federalist Society speaker that Warren was decades ago.

Well, they can be traitors and cheer for foreign instigators. Just as you do with your Russia cheerleading.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies