Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 09:06:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 128877 times)
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2019, 05:31:12 PM »

Okay that's enough. I've already issued one infraction for defaming Sawx (who has some right to be upset even if I personally wouldn't go as far as he is), and there are some posts in the last bit of the thread that while I haven't yet taken any action on, I'd prefer to see things de-escalate.

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2019, 05:44:13 PM »

Okay that's enough. I've already issued one infraction for defaming Sawx (who has some right to be upset even if I personally wouldn't go as far as he is), and there are some posts in the last bit of the thread that while I haven't yet taken any action on, I'd prefer to see things de-escalate.

Fair enough. You're a good dude and I respect your judgments.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2019, 11:31:50 PM »

Love it when supporters of other candidates jump into this megathred to attack my candidate and defame my boys. Great look y'all.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2019, 11:33:38 PM »

Love it when supporters of other candidates jump into this megathred to attack my candidate and defame my boys. Great look y'all.

I mean, if you go by the random comments of [candidate]'s supporters, no one looks good (on any platform). Reading threads for Warren tweets is pure cancer. And Bernie often continues to get dumped on unfairly, 4 years in.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2019, 03:53:36 AM »

Dude, Biden can't take a pee without Bernie bros attacking him as worse than Hitler.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2019, 04:29:04 AM »

Dude, Biden can't take a pee without Bernie bros attacking him as worse than Hitler.

I have no comment.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2019, 08:30:12 PM »

SawX is being personally attacked, while you rage post about tweets David Sirota makes.  One of these things is not like the other.  NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR YOU!

Of course the most deplorable person in the anti-Bernie crrowd applauds/minimizes this deplorable action. Sad!
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2019, 08:26:40 AM »

The Sanders campaign just rolled out its new wealth tax policy today. The wealth tax is one of Warren's best ideas, and I'm happy that Bernie's team has finally adopted it. I think we'll see more of this positive "competition of ideas" between both campaigns as the primary season goes on.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2019, 03:59:28 PM »

Looks like Bernie as usual doesn’t know how Net Worth is calculated . The vast majority  of their net worth comes from their share of a company not cash . So what he actually would do is destroy most of the companies in America

Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2019, 04:03:12 PM »

Are you really surprised ?

What’s horrible it’s that this communist is now the main theologist of the Democratic Party.
Vittorio
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2019, 04:08:10 PM »

We don't want this succdem.

Say no to a wealth tax; say yes to the abolition of wealth.
NeverAgainsSock
Rookie
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2019, 04:11:52 PM »

kay, Huey.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2019, 04:12:07 PM »

He's right
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2019, 04:14:11 PM »

I'm not at all opposed to the wealthy paying their fair share, but rhetoric like this is empty populism. There really is no way to eliminate billionaires without creating a maximum wage and that's probably not even a viable proposal.

And yes, he clearly doesn't understand that net worth is not cash. Some people have great net worth, but don't have much cash flow.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2019, 04:15:22 PM »

Having large corporations elect their CEO's and Board of Executives through an employee democratic process and have the stocks owned by the employees.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2019, 04:17:05 PM »

And yes, he clearly doesn't understand that net worth is not cash. Some people have great net worth, but don't have much cash flow.

LOL at the idea that you know more about this than Bernie. Net worth can be turned into cash. Yes, if Jeff Bezos sells all his shares at once, he'll lose some from the declining stock value, but he can easily convert it to $80+ billion in cold hard cash.
Vittorio
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2019, 04:20:20 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2019, 04:30:52 PM by Vittorio »

Before it gets tossed about further in this thread:

Communism is not merely the elimination of '"duh billionayhs", nor even of the bourgeoisie (a rather more specific thing) but is rather the abolition of Capital , a social relation perpetuated by the value form inherent in production for exchange (contra use); the class struggle is really a struggle against the logic of the capitalist mode of production, which reproduces the bourgeoisie almost as an afterthought (and who are non-essential to its function). Communis manifests as a movement of the working-class, completely outside of the bourgeois Democratic process.

A wealth tax which redistributes wealth perpetuates wealth, and would redistribute it simply to create a bunch of little embryonic capitalists. Accordingly, a wealth tax is a capitalist project. There is infinitely more of Huey Long than of Karl Marx in this, because there is no Marx in it at all. And there is more of Communism in a worker taking a five minute longer break than is permitted than in this policy.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2019, 04:23:31 PM »

He’s wrong about having a vendetta against billionaires  but he’s right that too much money it’s just sitting around being “invested”.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2019, 04:25:27 PM »

Has OSR even posted once, in any of the trump/Ukraine/impeachment threads?
Is this his way of mentally deflecting from the major (massive) topic of the day?
If so, they can sure use him on Fox News.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2019, 04:28:40 PM »

Bernie:

- Billionaires will help fund my Medicare for All program
- Billionaires should not exist

Pick one.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2019, 04:30:53 PM »

Bernie:

Pick one.

If Billionaires don't exist you don't need them to fund any program because the wealth would be distributed downward,  pretty simply concept.
Vittorio
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2019, 04:32:50 PM »

Bernie:

Pick one.

If Billionaires don't exist you don't need them to fund any program because the wealth would be distributed downward,  pretty simply concept.

The function of which would be to produce a wider class of petit-bourgeois idlers, the better to preserve capitalism if it looks like the prevailing situation requires it.

My personal expectation is that capitalism's final form will be some atrocious co-operative thing in which the workers are made into their own exploiters.

Rather like this, in fact.

Having large corporations elect their CEO's and Board of Executives through an employee democratic process and have the stocks owned by the employees.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2019, 04:33:05 PM »

LOL at the idea that you know more about this than Bernie. Net worth can be turned into cash. Yes, if Jeff Bezos sells all his shares at once, he'll lose some from the declining stock value, but he can easily convert it to $80+ billion in cold hard cash.

lolno.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »

lolno.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2019, 04:39:32 PM »

Bernie:

Pick one.

If Billionaires don't exist you don't need them to fund any program because the wealth would be distributed downward,  pretty simply concept.

Even assuming the wealth would still distributed downward one way or another in the same total amount, Bernie's plan would not tax that wealth at the same rate per dollar and so there would be less tax revenue. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies