Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:03:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 126809 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2225 on: February 18, 2020, 07:51:14 PM »

I'm only posting this because a few pages ago in this thread, Lindy Li was held up as the Biden equivalent of a Bernie Bro, and her existence used to rationalize all Bernie Bro behavior with both-sides-ism.  Her crime?  She posted the Sanders-praises-USSR clip with some totally fair commentary.

I don't see Lindy harassing someone's little brother.  For Christ's sake.  The sooner this "revolution" dies the better.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #2226 on: February 18, 2020, 07:52:56 PM »

If this is such an issue they should give us names. Until then I will take all of these claims with a grain of salt.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2227 on: February 18, 2020, 07:54:48 PM »

I'm only posting this because a few pages ago in this thread, Lindy Li was held up as the Biden equivalent of a Bernie Bro, and her existence used to rationalize all Bernie Bro behavior with both-sides-ism.  Her crime?  She posted the Sanders-praises-USSR clip with some totally fair commentary.

I don't see Lindy harassing someone's little brother.  For Christ's sake.  The sooner this "revolution" dies the better.

She falsely edited a video to make Sanders look bad, and now isn't naming and shaming people for doing this. Until she does, she has no credibility.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2228 on: February 18, 2020, 07:56:58 PM »

We're not done with Iowa, yet.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2229 on: February 18, 2020, 07:56:58 PM »

She falsely edited a video to make Sanders look bad, and now isn't naming and shaming people for doing this. Until she does, she has no credibility.

The name is in the screenshot, but that's beside the point.  Harassment of family members isn't suddenly ok because the victims don't "name and shame" their harassers.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #2230 on: February 18, 2020, 08:14:48 PM »

I think it's clear at this point, Sanders is the clear frontrunner with what will probably be 2.5 wins going into SC
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2231 on: February 18, 2020, 08:21:28 PM »

Hate to break it to you but the revolution is going as strong now as it has ever had
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2232 on: February 18, 2020, 08:40:24 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2020, 08:48:29 PM by The state that can run an election »

https://twitter.com/lindyli/status/1229825358175854594?s=21

Both of these things can be true at the same time. This person can be a piece of **** who took his opposition way too far, and Lindy Li can be a lying, anti-Semitic smear artist. These people should be condemned and shunned, not elevated.

I've done my part. Will you do yours, or do you believe it's suddenly okay to doctor videos when it's coming from your people?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2233 on: February 18, 2020, 09:16:51 PM »

Both of these things can be true at the same time. This person can be a piece of **** who took his opposition way too far, and Lindy Li can be a lying, anti-Semitic smear artist. These people should be condemned and shunned, not elevated.

I've done my part. Will you do yours, or do you believe it's suddenly okay to doctor videos when it's coming from your people?

I haven't even seen the video but can you explain how it's doctored?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2234 on: February 18, 2020, 09:45:34 PM »

Here's the full video. If you watch the entire thing, he does actually criticize the Russian way of life. Lindy's version is selectively edited to make a very, very hasty generalization.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2235 on: February 18, 2020, 10:41:57 PM »

Here's the full video. If you watch the entire thing, he does actually criticize the Russian way of life. Lindy's version is selectively edited to make a very, very hasty generalization.

That's different from saying it's "doctored." She cuts out a portion of his speech just to highlight the incriminating remarks.

So let me get this straight.  Sanders gives he speech where he says many good things about the USSR followed by many criticisms.  Lindy makes a video showing the "good parts" section of the speech and says "this guy praised the Soviet Union, and that's a bad thing." Bernie Bros demonize her to ridiculous extremes, bully her out of her job, doxx and harass her family.  And I'm supposed to think she's the villain in this story?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2236 on: February 18, 2020, 10:53:10 PM »

That's different from saying it's "doctored." She cuts out a portion of his speech just to highlight the incriminating remarks.

So let me get this straight.  Sanders gives he speech where he says many good things about the USSR followed by many criticisms.  Lindy makes a video showing the "good parts" section of the speech and says "this guy praised the Soviet Union, and that's a bad thing." Bernie Bros demonize her to ridiculous extremes, bully her out of her job, doxx and harass her family.  And I'm supposed to think she's the villain in this story?

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #2237 on: February 18, 2020, 10:55:21 PM »

cvparty
United States

« Reply #2238 on: February 18, 2020, 11:02:00 PM »

iowa really gotta do him like that
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2239 on: February 18, 2020, 11:07:58 PM »

It's also funny that MacArthur has yet to condemn Lindy's anti-Semitism.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2240 on: February 18, 2020, 11:09:05 PM »

I’m sorry but that is massively disingenuous. The criticism Bernie had of the USSR had to deal with their authoritarian nature and the underlined implication of the video shown was that Sanders is some tankie who is a threat to democracy. Any point of showing someone praising the USSR is to imply they support their dictatorship style government but if they don’t (like Sanders clearly does) then who gives a sh*t if he said some nice things about their train stations
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2241 on: February 18, 2020, 11:20:26 PM »

You know a thread is good when it turns into a debate over the specifics of Stalinist history.

It's not a BRTD thread??? Wink

No hate on BRTD, but just sayin'    Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2242 on: February 18, 2020, 11:25:32 PM »

Sanders then:

Sanders now:

He's a stinking liar. He also keeps repeating that he's released as much as other candidates which is a blatant, flat-out lie.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2243 on: February 18, 2020, 11:30:15 PM »

Wow, you found our weakness.  I'm shaking in my boots.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2244 on: February 18, 2020, 11:31:47 PM »

Sorry, him having a massive heart attack in the middle of a GE or presidency is not something that Bernie Bros will be able to bully their way out of.

Now he's being evasive on Bloomberg:

Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2245 on: February 18, 2020, 11:34:30 PM »

Sorry, him having a massive heart attack in the middle of a GE or presidency is not something that Bernie Bros will be able to bully their way out of.
Don't let me stop you, by all means, go ahead.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2246 on: February 18, 2020, 11:40:16 PM »

I’m sorry but that is massively disingenuous. The criticism Bernie had of the USSR had to deal with their authoritarian nature and the underlined implication of the video shown was that Sanders is some tankie who is a threat to democracy. Any point of showing someone praising the USSR is to imply they support their dictatorship style government but if they don’t (like Sanders clearly does) then who gives a sh*t if he said some nice things about their train stations

You see, the video is edited, but MacArthur feels her generalization is correct so it isn't deceptive.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2247 on: February 18, 2020, 11:47:25 PM »

I found this from #NeverBernie, don't know if this is true or not, can someone fact check it?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2248 on: February 18, 2020, 11:52:37 PM »

It's also funny that MacArthur has yet to condemn Lindy's anti-Semitism.

What she said wasn't anti-semitic.  It's really disgusting how you guys are so obsessed with smearing someone who is at best a marginally noteworthy Twitter personality.  It's also really disgusting how your buddies are attacking her family and as usual you're sitting here splitting hairs over whether or not she had it coming.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2249 on: February 18, 2020, 11:55:38 PM »

I found this from #NeverBernie, don't know if this is true or not, can someone fact check it?
I mean I’m a democrat but he isn’t wrong especially about the first part. Ever since Dukakis the party became scared to embrace the liberal ideals our party has stood for since FDR
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies