Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 12:28:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 128925 times)
atheist4thecause
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2125 on: February 15, 2020, 07:07:48 PM »
« edited: February 16, 2020, 05:05:04 PM by YE »

He's not really sealing the deal because:

1. His age
2. Doesn't his tax plan propose raising taxes on middle-income earners?  Democrats don't want to hear that jive.   They want to hear "I will raise taxes on the rich."

Having said that, he theoretically should be the nominee.   Especially in the current field of milquetoasts.  

You'd have to make over $75,000 to keep less of your money under Bernie's tax plan, but that depends on how much you're spending on health care.  You're taxed 4% for "medicare for all" premiums similar to standard deductions, and that 4% is a lot lower than the amount middle class Americans are spending on private insurance premiums.   Anyone making under $29,000 would not have to pay due to standard deductions.

Bernie has been known to mislead through false numbers, at least according to the opinion of Democratic economists and Hillary Clinton in 2016:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/democratic-economists-say-bernie-sanders-math-doesnt-add-up-1455726507
https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/dem-primaries/268335-clinton-bernies-numbers-dont-add-up
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/2/27/1492441/-Bernie-s-Numbers-don-t-add-up-detailed-analysis

Clinton people talk & of economists/think tanks funded by special groups. Many great economists including Piketty Sachs & Nobel winner Stiglitz have endorsed Bernie's tax plan.

How would you know? Are you doing the calculations yourself? I suspect not. On one hand we have Sanders and his ilk pushing an agenda. On the other hand we have bipartisan opposition.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2126 on: February 15, 2020, 08:23:52 PM »

This is why he beats Trump.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2127 on: February 15, 2020, 08:26:42 PM »

LOL. He is full of sh**.
reciprocity
Rookie

« Reply #2128 on: February 15, 2020, 08:29:28 PM »

LOL. He is full of sh**.

Warren needs to call out her bros who are entering other candidate's threads and being mean to other candidate's.
Roblox

« Reply #2129 on: February 15, 2020, 10:30:58 PM »

LOL. He is full of sh**.

You just posted malarkey, prepare to lose delegate.
James Monroe

« Reply #2130 on: February 16, 2020, 01:31:07 PM »

Joey1996

« Reply #2131 on: February 16, 2020, 03:07:53 PM »

Any other new Nevada polls?
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2132 on: February 16, 2020, 03:24:21 PM »

The media has decided to stop conducting as many polls because they all end up finding that Sanders is winning.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2133 on: February 16, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »

At least Joe Biden is a Team Blue supporter. The malarkey is all that stuff about revolution and other jargon that simply will cause a lifetime lost for the party in congress. Be very cautious, because the dirt on Bernie is large enough to swing the tide in Trump's favor.

If so, then perhaps Biden and some of the other candidates should release this dirt on Bernie and beat Bernie Sanders in Nevada and other upcoming states.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2134 on: February 16, 2020, 04:15:54 PM »

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2135 on: February 16, 2020, 04:24:50 PM »

Looks like someone's having a bit of a personal crisis now that Sanders is in the box seat.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2136 on: February 16, 2020, 04:28:16 PM »

Well, Bernie just dropped from my second choice to my second-to-last preference (ahead of Gabbard).  Anyone who essentially sided with the USSR over their own country like that is unfit for office.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2137 on: February 16, 2020, 04:30:25 PM »

Well, Bernie just dropped from my second choice to my second-to-last preference (ahead of Gabbard).  Anyone who essentially sided with the USSR over their own country like that is unfit for office.

Oh no! How will he survive this devastating announcement?!

It's fake news as well, as more than 5 minutes of research would show.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2138 on: February 16, 2020, 04:32:08 PM »

I mean, unlike you, I can actually vote so my opinion literally matters more than yours in this case just as a matter of objective fact.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2139 on: February 16, 2020, 04:33:50 PM »

I mean, unlike you, I can actually vote so my opinion literally matters more than yours in this case just as a matter of objective fact.

When someone has only this argument left, it's usually a clear sign they've run out of things to say.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2140 on: February 16, 2020, 04:37:43 PM »

Well, Bernie just dropped from my second choice to my second-to-last preference (ahead of Gabbard).  Anyone who essentially sided with the USSR over their own country like that is unfit for office.

When someone has only this argument left, it's usually a clear sign they've run out of things to say.

Nah, I just know from past experience that you generally just call people names or lie about what they've said when they disagree with you about something involving Bernie.  As such, there was no point in me writing an EffortPost response.
Roblox

« Reply #2141 on: February 16, 2020, 04:38:27 PM »

Somehow I doubt he was ever that high up in your rankings considering….*Gestures at half your posts*.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2142 on: February 16, 2020, 04:39:54 PM »

Well, Bernie just dropped from my second choice to my second-to-last preference (ahead of Gabbard).  Anyone who essentially sided with the USSR over their own country like that is unfit for office.

Nah, I just know from past experience that you generally just call people names or lie about what they've said when they disagree with you about something involving Bernie.  As such, there was no point in me writing an EffortPost response.

Well . . . Okay this is getting absurd. I'll just point to GM's postsand leave it at that.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2143 on: February 16, 2020, 04:40:34 PM »

Somehow I doubt he was ever that high up in your rankings considering….*Gestures at half your posts*.

I mean, you say that, but I've actually talked to a number of folks on discord about how I was planning to vote for Bernie if Pete wasn't viable after Nevada.  Also, I canvassed, voted for [in the primary], and donated to Bernie's campaign in 2016.
Roblox

« Reply #2144 on: February 16, 2020, 04:54:07 PM »

I mean, you say that, but I've actually talked to a number of folks on discord about how I was planning to vote for Bernie if Pete wasn't viable after Nevada.  Also, I canvassed, voted for [in the primary], and donated to Bernie's campaign in 2016.

For what it's worth, the video is taken out of context and in the full version Sanders acknowledges soviet dissidents and the undemocratic nature of the soviet union. He also favorably compared America's openness and technological superiority to the soviets. Praising a certain aspect of something doesn't make you a supporter of that thing or a traitor.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2145 on: February 16, 2020, 05:16:14 PM »

Guys don't feed the trolls. I just had to delete 9 comments because of it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2146 on: February 16, 2020, 05:17:23 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2020, 05:28:24 PM by Michael Avenatti Will be Living Rent Free in Federal Prison »

For what it's worth, the video is taken out of context and in the full version Sanders acknowledges soviet dissidents and the undemocratic nature of the soviet union. He also favorably compared America's openness and technological superiority to the soviets. Praising a certain aspect of something doesn't make you a supporter of that thing or a traitor.

I'm glad to hear that.  In that case, I'll look into it a bit further and assuming it does turn out to have been taken out of context (not saying I don't believe you, I just wanna see for myself), then I take back my earlier comment.  That said this sort of stuff is still gonna hurt him in the GE.

Sorry, this one was my fault.  In hindsight I was probably a bit more aggressive than was necessary when responding to GOTFan.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2147 on: February 16, 2020, 05:24:42 PM »

Oh no, Bernie Sanders said that the Moscow subway stations were "absolutely beautiful."

Whereas anyone with good American taste much prefers the NYC subway stations. I mean, this looks so much nicer, doesn't it?:

Hollywood
« Reply #2148 on: February 16, 2020, 05:28:38 PM »

Well your post about Bernie Sanders preferring Russia over the United States has been dispelled multiple times on the forum and elsewhere, so many Bernie supporters would believe that your comments were made in bad faith.  The people that are putting the video out into the twitter sphere have consistently lied about Bernie Sanders, but they are never called out.  You should be angry at the person you follow on twitter for lying to you, because they proliferating fake news and creating division in the Democrat Party.   However, you still posted the video without conducting due diligence.  At the very least, you should have noticed that the video was awkwardly cut at the beginning and wondered "why?'.  In full context, Bernie Sanders criticizes and praises certain aspects of the USSR.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KCoR6UYs1k

The Sanders comment is also out of context, because he was talking about the war hawk policies of both parties.  He said, "President Kennedy was elected while I was at the University of Chicago, that was 1960. I remember being physically nauseated by his speech and that doesn't happen very often. He debated Nixon on Cuba. And their hatred for the Cuban revolution, both of them, was so strong," Sanders said in a 1987 interview to Gadfly, a student newspaper at the University of Vermont.  I don't see why any Democrat would criticize him for these comments.  Disagreeing with JFK on one issue that most Democrats have pointed to as a problem given Iraq doesn't seem like a reason to change your vote.  Sanders also said, "I was very excited and impressed by the Cuban Revolution, and there was Kennedy and Nixon talking about which particular method they should use about destroying the revolution," Sanders recalled. "Usually I'm sufficiently unemotional not to be sick, but I actually got up from the room and almost left to puke because, for the first time in my adult life, what I was seeing is the Democrats and Republicans, both of them … clearly there really wasn’t a whole lot of difference between the two."  

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2149 on: February 16, 2020, 05:42:05 PM »

Sorry, this one was my fault.  In hindsight I was probably a bit more aggressive than was necessary.

Not referring to you and Gotfan's exchange about Sanders and the USSR (though I think you're overeacting a bit, it's not disruptive to the thread and you're obviously not here to screw around), referring to the one about Bernie and guns (in fact the only role you played that was deleted was pointing out his NRA record to someone whose literally repeated the same argument against Sanders on guns in the same exact manner for two years).
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies