2024 watch: Cruz says he wants to run for president again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:07:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  2024 watch: Cruz says he wants to run for president again
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2024 watch: Cruz says he wants to run for president again  (Read 2398 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2019, 09:43:36 AM »

This seems like a de facto announcement for 2024 (though with the complication that he's up for reelection that year):

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/monitor_breakfast/2019/0912/Ted-Cruz-eyes-the-White-House-I-hope-to-run-again

“Look, I hope to run again,” said Senator Cruz, who was the runner-up last time to Donald Trump for the Republican presidential nomination. “We came very, very close in 2016. And it’s the most fun I’ve ever had in my life.”
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 09:50:25 AM »

He would have a shot for the nomination if Trump loses next year. Otherwise, Pence seems to be in a good position for one-on-one with Nikki Haley. But I doubt he will ever be president.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 09:59:13 AM »

He would have a shot for the nomination if Trump loses next year. Otherwise, Pence seems to be in a good position for one-on-one with Nikki Haley. But I doubt he will ever be president.

What is it with the Nikki Haley hype? She’d never win the nomination.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 10:04:50 AM »

Nikki Haley actually has a lot of strenghts: Experience in statewide elected office and on the international stage. She seems acceptable for Trumpers and non-Trumpers alike. And she may win a little more than usual minority/women voters. At least enough to make a general election very competitive. If I was a Democratic president elected in 2020, I wouldn't want to run against her instead of Ted Cruz or Mike Pence.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 10:16:47 AM »

Tthat’s when Cruz’s senate seat will be up again. I bet Dan Crenshaw will be his replacement.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 11:20:30 AM »

So what's our field so far? Looks like Rick Scott, Ted Cruz, probably Marco Rubio if he stays ambitious. Again, I seriously doubt Pence will run, but I guess it's too early to tell.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 12:01:28 PM »

So what's our field so far? Looks like Rick Scott, Ted Cruz, probably Marco Rubio if he stays ambitious. Again, I seriously doubt Pence will run, but I guess it's too early to tell.

Will Hurd and Mike Pompeo have both done early primary state visits this year:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=328174.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=315708.0
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 09:27:00 PM »

Pence, Scott, Cruz, Rubio, DeSantis, and Haley. These seem like the top names for me.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 09:30:38 PM »

Pence, Scott, Cruz, Rubio, DeSantis, and Haley. These seem like the top names for me.

Not to mention Hawley and Cotton.
DeSantis2024
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 11:20:44 PM »

I’ve heard rumblings that Ted Cruz has already told leadership he is gone in 2024...........
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 03:33:39 PM »

We know that Cruz supports term limits, so he probably doesn't want to run for a third term (in 2024) and look like a hypocrite.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 03:42:19 PM »

We know that Cruz supports term limits, so he probably doesn't want to run for a third term (in 2024) and look like a hypocrite.

I doubt Ted Cruz of all people cares about looking like a hypocrite. If he's going to have a hard fought election regardless I'm sure he'd much rather it be for president than Senate, particularly because the Senate was nothing more than a stepping stone for him to begin with.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 04:40:18 PM »

It’s pretty clear that TX-Sen is going to be open in 2024. The filing deadline is before any of the caucuses and primaries, and Cruz is clearly going to be running for President in 224. Unless he’s polling especially horribly in the primaries, there’s no way he’s gonna drop down to the Senate race

The NRSC is probably a little better off without him anyway, though not much.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2019, 12:21:56 PM »

It’s pretty clear that TX-Sen is going to be open in 2024. The filing deadline is before any of the caucuses and primaries, and Cruz is clearly going to be running for President in 224. Unless he’s polling especially horribly in the primaries, there’s no way he’s gonna drop down to the Senate race

The NRSC is probably a little better off without him anyway, though not much.

Crenshaw will likely be the GOP nominee. He’d clear out the field quickly if he ran.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2019, 12:53:51 PM »

A much better question is why you so adamantly believe this.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 03:23:11 PM »

Not sure why people think it will be down to Pence and Haley.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2019, 09:33:39 PM »

I doubt Ted Cruz of all people cares about looking like a hypocrite. If he's going to have a hard fought election regardless I'm sure he'd much rather it be for president than Senate, particularly because the Senate was nothing more than a stepping stone for him to begin with.

She was first nominated by Republican Primary voters in South Carolina lol
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2019, 06:08:56 PM »

George P Bush will replace him in the Senate when he becomes President.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2019, 07:15:34 PM »

George P Bush will replace him in the Senate when he becomes President.
He won't become president.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2019, 07:54:15 PM »

South Carolina is more establishmenty than you give credit for. Plenty of mainline Republicans live there, it's not just racist Trump supporters.

Plus 2024 is not 2010. Fact is Haley was a decent fit for the party 5-10 years ago, she isn't now though.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2019, 09:11:24 PM »

South Carolina is more establishmenty than you give credit for. Plenty of mainline Republicans live there, it's not just racist Trump supporters.

Plus 2024 is not 2010. Fact is Haley was a decent fit for the party 5-10 years ago, she isn't now though.

Lmao the party won’t be more racist in 2024 than they were in 2010
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »

They so clearly will be.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2019, 04:12:54 PM »

They so clearly will be.

No lol
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2019, 06:13:21 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2019, 06:39:13 PM by Moscow Mitch »

Haley is stuck in 2010, she is a relic of the Tea Party movement, and she isn't frothing at the mouth enough to win. You have to spew vitriol and anger to win a Republican primary.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2019, 08:52:55 PM »

Haley is stuck in 2010, she is a relic of the Tea Party movement, and she isn't frothing at the mouth enough to win. You have to spew vitriol and anger to win a Republican primary.

We get it you are a hack, please do not ruin the discussion for the rest of us.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies