The Declining Swing States
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:11:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The Declining Swing States
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Declining Swing States  (Read 625 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2020, 05:35:12 PM »

227: Democratic
217: Republican
94: Swing States

I debated whether or not to count Florida as a swing state, but I decided not to. This map demonstrates that it’s pretty difficult for a candidate to even do Romney 2012 in the EC without losing a significant amount of support. Now, if Democrats can force Texas and Florida into being swing states or even Tilt D, Republicans may get to being at a disadvantage in the PV. After all, 2004, 2008, and 2012 all would have gone Democratic in the EC if the PV was tied.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 06:18:31 PM »

If 2024 is a neutral year, I think that's how the map will look with maybe redistricting moving NE-2 Republicana gain.

Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 06:50:16 PM »

If 2024 is a neutral year, I think that's how the map will look with maybe redistricting moving NE-2 Republicana gain.

I think it's too D now. No choice but to create a sink, unless the state party wants to risk accidentally creating two D districts during the next D wave.

Probably going to be some kind of shoestring linking central Lincoln and Omaha.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 02:26:23 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2020, 02:29:40 PM by Senator tack50 (Lab-Lincoln) »

I think it's too D now. No choice but to create a sink, unless the state party wants to risk accidentally creating two D districts during the next D wave.

Unless there are some anti-gerrymandering rules I am unaware of, it is extremely easy to create an R gerrymander of Nebraska by just splitting Omaha in 2. It doesn't even need to be that ugly as far as gerrymanders go:

The lightest red here is still Trump+15, Rickets+11 and R+10. Even with trends it should be relatively safe for Republicans? (certainly no worse than Lean R; and probably more like Likely R)

And this is a gerrymander where I deliberately held back in favour of a clean map. It is certainly very easy to extend the district further into the rurals to make it even safer

Plus, given how NE-01 is nowhere near close to flipping, it makes no sense to sink that? At worst it's better to have a Lean D district than a Safe D one
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 02:33:46 PM »

Unless there are some anti-gerrymandering rules I am unaware of, it is extremely easy to create an R gerrymander of Nebraska by just splitting Omaha in 2. It doesn't even need to be that ugly as far as gerrymanders go:

The lightest red here is still Trump+15, Rickets+11 and R+10. Even with trends it should be relatively safe for Republicans? (certainly no worse than Lean R; and probably more like Likely R)

And this is a gerrymander where I deliberately held back in favour of a clean map. It is certainly very easy to extend the district further into the rurals to make it even safer

I just don't see why they would do it now if they didn't do that after 2008. It's not like the current NE-02 was Safe R before Trump. Did Republicans in 2010 think Obama was just a fluke and that Douglas County would have come back to voting Republican by double digits??
vileplume
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 03:11:29 PM »

Is there any chance they just decide to make the state winner take all instead?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 04:55:57 PM »

Electoral college has to go
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies