MA-Suffolk (D Primary): Kennedy leads field by 9%, leads Markey by 14% in h2h
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:18:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  MA-Suffolk (D Primary): Kennedy leads field by 9%, leads Markey by 14% in h2h
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-Suffolk (D Primary): Kennedy leads field by 9%, leads Markey by 14% in h2h  (Read 851 times)
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2019, 07:22:14 PM »

bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/09/07/poll-kennedy-would-lead-markey-points-head-head-senate-matchup/mt8M4Fd2YQ7JlAIBUhjePP/story.html

Congressman Kennedy leads Sen. Markey 35% - 26% in the full-field poll, with other potential candidates considerably behind.

His lead increases to 14% in the head to head race against Markey.

The poll was released today by the Boston Globe.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 07:27:56 PM »

I am a Kennedy hawk and want him in the Senate. Markey has served his state, time for Kennedy
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 07:52:48 PM »

A better picture for Markey than the Change poll, but hes still down.
Babeuf

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 08:00:36 PM »

"Asked who is the more liberal candidate, 42 percent said Kennedy, while 24 percent said Markey."

Suggests some misconceptions and assumptions might be driving these numbers. In a campaign their records will be more scrutinized, and the above numbers should flip, which might help Markey overall.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 08:02:29 PM »

Joe Kennedy is gonna win, he has the reform agenda of ending the filibuster, overall, Markey hasnt done anything but be a party-line vote
Strong Candidate
123NY
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 08:35:24 PM »

Joe Kennedy is gonna win, he has the reform agenda of ending the filibuster, overall, Markey hasnt done anything but be a party-line vote

What about being the primary Senate sponsor of the Green New Deal? He's quiet, but, especially on environmental issues, it's not hard to find instances throughout his career where he has been a valuable leader who takes his own initiative.

(and yeah, I know I'm responding to olawakandi but still)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 08:39:52 PM »

Kennedy should move up in the House leadership.  It's time for Steny Hoyer and Nancy Pelosi to retire.  Hakeem Jeffries for Speaker and Joe Kennedy for Majority Leader.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 09:39:35 PM »

I don't think Kennedy's losing votes people, unless there's something in his closet.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 09:45:14 PM »

Yeah, looks like Ed’s gonna get Capuan-owned if Joe steps in.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 12:46:43 AM »

What about being the primary Senate sponsor of the Green New Deal? He's quiet, but, especially on environmental issues, it's not hard to find instances throughout his career where he has been a valuable leader who takes his own initiative.

(and yeah, I know I'm responding to olawakandi but still)

I know Markey is a good Senator, I felt so bad for Mfume when he lost to Ben Cardin and he became a party-line vote along with Markey. We should never let that happen again. Thats why I am suppirting Joe Kennedy
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 02:05:33 AM »

I find it mystifying that certain Democrats are thrilled at the prospect of getting rid of the filibuster when Republicans have an obvious long-term structural advantage in the senate.  Gutting the filibuster is something Dems should resign themselves to doing only if they're backed into a corner; it's not something to look forward to.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2019, 03:30:53 AM »

I always thought this would be a competitive race, but it seems Markey is in a really bad position.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2019, 11:24:49 AM »

I understand this is a Boston-based pollster that only really has a vested interest in MA, but it's ridiculous that we already have multiple polls of a Senate race for a primary in which one candidate has not even announced yet, and close to nothing for any of the races that are tossups and will decide Senate control.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2019, 03:42:00 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2019, 03:47:23 PM by Skill and Chance »

I find it mystifying that certain Democrats are thrilled at the prospect of getting rid of the filibuster when Republicans have an obvious long-term structural advantage in the senate.  Gutting the filibuster is something Dems should resign themselves to doing only if they're backed into a corner; it's not something to look forward to.

I don't really understand this either.  Honestly, the filibuster is a primary reason the major New Deal programs didn't get repealed sometime during the 1980-2008 era.

However, on the subject of this particular election, Markey should really just retire. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2019, 07:44:58 PM »

I find it mystifying that certain Democrats are thrilled at the prospect of getting rid of the filibuster when Republicans have an obvious long-term structural advantage in the senate.  Gutting the filibuster is something Dems should resign themselves to doing only if they're backed into a corner; it's not something to look forward to.

I don't really understand this either.  Honestly, the filibuster is a primary reason the major New Deal programs didn't get repealed sometime during the 1980-2008 era.

However, on the subject of this particular election, Markey should really just retire.  

The GOP isnt gonna get rid of SSA and FiCA taxes, it would have not been politically correct for them.

The Dems kept the filibuster and Mitch McConnell obstructed immigration reform and judges and repeal of Dubya Tax cuts. If McConnell allowed a vote on Garland, which was stolen for right-wing Gorsuch, the filibuster would of stayed
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 12:39:16 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies