"If the Loser Won" 2020 Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:12:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  "If the Loser Won" 2020 Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you think will win the 2020 GOP Nomination?
Governor Mike Pence

Governor John Kasich

Businessman Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: "If the Loser Won" 2020 Election  (Read 2079 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 11, 2019, 02:33:30 PM »

What would be more interesting is how the 2016 and 2018 election actually went. If Kander, Fiengold, and McGinty made it, I can Tim Kaine controlling the senate. I think that Hillary would have won by about 5 and change and it would have been like 50-44-5-1 or something like that. I can only see the Democrats getting to like 200 in the House, though. I think Ginsburg would have retired and Garland would have been confirmed. I think Ginsburg would have been replaced with someone like Sri Srinivasan but maybe a little bit more liberal. It would have been what she could get through. Liberals would be disappointed and maybe she would have not gained Arizona in 2018 and also lost Montana and West Virginia. MAYBE Ohio and Michigan. She would be coming in to 2020 with the same congress that Obama had in 2015.

This would have been the 2016 map

https://www.270towin.com/maps/p89Km
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 02:57:22 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2019, 03:01:23 PM by Edgar Suit Larry »

What would be more interesting is how the 2016 and 2018 election actually went. If Kander, Fiengold, and McGinty made it, I can Tim Kaine controlling the senate. I think that Hillary would have won by about 5 and change and it would have been like 50-44-5-1 or something like that. I can only see the Democrats getting to like 200 in the House, though. I think Ginsburg would have retired and Garland would have been confirmed. I think Ginsburg would have been replaced with someone like Sri Srinivasan but maybe a little bit more liberal. It would have been what she could get through. Liberals would be disappointed and maybe she would have not gained Arizona in 2018 and also lost Montana and West Virginia. MAYBE Ohio and Michigan. She would be coming in to 2020 with the same congress that Obama had in 2015.

This would have been the 2016 map

https://www.270towin.com/maps/p89Km

2016 would have been the same as IRL, instead Hillary wins Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Kander loses, Feingold wins, and McGinty wins. Ginsburg indeed retires, and Garland is finally confirmed. GOP still wins the House and Senate.

That gets them to 50. They had 46 and got Hassan and Duckworth. Feingold and McGinty make 50. OK Hillary wins Florida though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies