Michigan GOP claims independent redistricting violates the First Amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:19:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Michigan GOP claims independent redistricting violates the First Amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Michigan GOP claims independent redistricting violates the First Amendment  (Read 1418 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: September 30, 2019, 12:49:07 AM »

I think the restrictions are broader than necessary, and that was one of my biggest oppositions to the proposal, but MIGOP's complaints here are disingenuous. I certainly understand the rationale for restricting family members of people who ran or worked for an elected official, but parents, children, and spouses can have pretty different political beliefs. I really don't know how you can avoid throwing the baby out with the bathwater here... if you want to have an objective standard, it's going to be either way too narrow or way too broad.

this really seems like something that could easily be solved with some AI

That's what I advocated for.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies