Should the UK leave or remain in the EU? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:38:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Should the UK leave or remain in the EU? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should the UK leave or remain in the EU?  (Read 2697 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: September 09, 2019, 02:11:14 PM »

Leave with a Deal easily
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 02:26:25 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2019, 02:31:18 PM by Old School Republican »

Arent we just giving our opinion.

If its only between No-Deal Brexit and Remain then I would go with No-Deal Brexit at this point. Its not like you cant sign a trade deal with the EU after you leave as well which is what should be done.
Leave, then sign a trade deal with the EU. Then you basically get Brexit with a Deal even though it is technically Brexit without a deal.

I just wanna say though, ruling out No-Deal Brexit from the get go was idiotic in every way, and actually made No-Deal Brexit more possible. Giving up the leverage the UK had against the EU was dumb in every way, as why would the EU then give the UK a good deal lol.

Lastly after seeing how the EU has acted over the past few years, I hold the EU in complete contempt at this point and do not care one bit what happens to it. It really should be nothing more than a trade agreement. The EU doesnt respect Free Speech Rights or Sovereignty one bit and actually deserves to be dismantled
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 04:36:02 PM »

The EU doesnt respect Free Speech Rights or Sovereignty one bit and actually deserves to be dismantled.

Indeed. We live in a dystopia here in Europe. We have no rights. Every communal Dining Hall, every Street, is adorned with the face of our all-powerful dictator "Jean-Claude Juncker". Our opposition has been thrown in jail for criticizing him. Brussels has colonized my country. Please save us, America. You truly, are the cradle of Civilisation we all would like to be.

Okay, seriously now, where do you even get this crap from? If you had even the faintest piece of knowledge of Europe, you would know that the EU has literally zero ability to regulate speech.
In fact, if you are referring to the american right's reviled hate speech laws, they were passed by the Uk Government themselves. Guess which Prime Minister that was? Thats right! Your Beloved Maggie Thatcher.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/574174/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.trtworld.com/magazine/is-european-parliament-s-new-copyright-law-an-attack-on-free-speech-25298/amp

Want me to post more examples
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 04:40:22 PM »

Lastly after seeing how the EU has acted over the past few years, I hold the EU in complete contempt at this point and do not care one bit what happens to it. It really should be nothing more than a trade agreement. The EU doesnt respect Free Speech Rights or Sovereignty one bit and actually deserves to be dismantled

I've been growing up during the transition from communism to democracy. I've seen my country before we've joined the EU and sister European institutions, and I can attest to a tremendous advancement we've experienced since, small wonder Poles have overwhelmingly positive opinion of our membership. Furthermore it's the European institutions are the ultimate guarantee that our present government whose authoritarian tendencies are well-known can't completely take away the rule of law and democratic values. Do I think the EU is in a need of serious reforms? Yes I do, which is another reason why I disagree with your apparent belief it's better to just dismiss all the great thing the EU achieved based on some selected problems of today. Not that I'd expect you'd be too familiar with the issue, given that earlier you've displayed your ignorance on the matted when you've assumed that the European Court of Human Rights was a EU institution, while it's a part of the Council of Europe, which is a diffrent entity.

Oh, and one more thing about the "sovereignty" issue. Member states have made a sovereign decision to enter into that partnership, much like former British colonies, that upon the declaration of independence were essentially independent states, have finally decided to form a permanent union. The fact Europe had overcame centuries of conflicts makes the feat even more impressive. A partnership, I might add, you're free to leave, as the British referendum showed (and it's not the EU's fault they haven't exited yet. It's the British that can't reach an agreement domestically how to leave, so they ask about extention after extention). If other EU countries decides it should go on, and they all pretty much do, then it should go on, as per their sovereign choice.

The US is much much more responsible for the defeat of communism than the EU is . Germany was set free by America (The west in the late 1940s and the east in 1990) not the EU . If that court  doesn’t affect European law than the EU should make it clear that that court has no jurisdiction anywhere in Europe , and if they don’t do that then we’ll then it’s indirectly their court as well .

I don’t want to throw away the EU as a whole I just believe it should just be a free trade agreement and nothing else , sorta like NAFTA
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 06:40:06 PM »

I've been growing up during the transition from communism to democracy. I've seen my country before we've joined the EU and sister European institutions, and I can attest to a tremendous advancement we've experienced since, small wonder Poles have overwhelmingly positive opinion of our membership. Furthermore it's the European institutions are the ultimate guarantee that our present government whose authoritarian tendencies are well-known can't completely take away the rule of law and democratic values. Do I think the EU is in a need of serious reforms? Yes I do, which is another reason why I disagree with your apparent belief it's better to just dismiss all the great thing the EU achieved based on some selected problems of today. Not that I'd expect you'd be too familiar with the issue, given that earlier you've displayed your ignorance on the matted when you've assumed that the European Court of Human Rights was a EU institution, while it's a part of the Council of Europe, which is a diffrent entity.

Oh, and one more thing about the "sovereignty" issue. Member states have made a sovereign decision to enter into that partnership, much like former British colonies, that upon the declaration of independence were essentially independent states, have finally decided to form a permanent union. The fact Europe had overcame centuries of conflicts makes the feat even more impressive. A partnership, I might add, you're free to leave, as the British referendum showed (and it's not the EU's fault they haven't exited yet. It's the British that can't reach an agreement domestically how to leave, so they ask about extention after extention). If other EU countries decides it should go on, and they all pretty much do, then it should go on, as per their sovereign choice.

The US is much much more responsible for the defeat of communism than the EU is . Germany was set free by America (The west in the late 1940s and the east in 1990) not the EU . If that court  doesn’t affect European law than the EU should make it clear that that court has no jurisdiction anywhere in Europe , and if they don’t do that then we’ll then it’s indirectly their court as well .

I don’t want to throw away the EU as a whole I just believe it should just be a free trade agreement and nothing else , sorta like NAFTA

Bruh, you serious?

Are you seriously implying America won the war in Europe?

The Soviet Union was a burning hellhole, but it does not mean you get to glorify the 400,000 Americans who gave their life in the fight against Nazism, without mentioning the 10,000,000 Million Russian soldiers (25 times more) who also fell. You know why, because "80 percent of all German military casualties occurred on the Eastern Front."

Now, America played the biggest role in assuring that the USSR didn't take over everything after the Nazis were defeated, but not in the actual defeat of the Third Reich.

No I am not saying that , I am just saying the only part of Germany that was free after the war was the Western Part. The Eastern Part was most certainly not free until the reunification of Germany in 1990.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 07:09:47 PM »

Bruh, you serious?

Are you seriously implying America won the war in Europe?

The Soviet Union was a burning hellhole, but it does not mean you get to glorify the 400,000 Americans who gave their life in the fight against Nazism, without mentioning the 10,000,000 Million Russian soldiers (25 times more) who also fell. You know why, because "80 percent of all German military casualties occurred on the Eastern Front."

Now, America played the biggest role in assuring that the USSR didn't take over everything after the Nazis were defeated, but not in the actual defeat of the Third Reich.

No I am not saying that , I am just saying the only part of Germany that was free after the war was the Western Part. The Eastern Part was most certainly not free until the reunification of Germany in 1990.

Oh, I thought you meant the actual war, my bad...

Yeah, for West Germany, America was definitely the biggest (possibly the only) factor in actually stopping the USSR from steamrolling the rest of Europe after WW2.

As for the UK, the best thing to do would be to call an election or a referendum which would set in stone how the UK should exit, so after that at least there would be no "But the people didn't vote for no-deal etc.).

I agree if you mean putting up these options for referendum: The May Deal(This would be the Yes Vote), or Hard Brexit(This would be the No vote)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 07:31:16 PM »

Germany was set free by America (The west in the late 1940s and the east in 1990) not the EU.

Also, um, yeah but no thank you, the ones that brought down the Stasi Regime were the German people themselves in the east, who protested at the risk of arrest and torture for their civil rights and reunifcation, not the American Military. You do net get to take credit for that, or for any of the uprisings in Eastern Europe for that matter. You may have provided the military umbrella for the west, and thanks for that I guess, but America or indeed your enamoured Ronald Reagan were as little the Liberators of East Germany as the French were the liberators of your Country in 1776.

You can add Truman , IKE, Nixon, HW Bush to the list as well who did a lot to win the Cold War as well
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies