French Municipal elections - 2nd round 28 June 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:31:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Municipal elections - 2nd round 28 June 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French Municipal elections - 2nd round 28 June 2020  (Read 19255 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: February 16, 2020, 05:44:03 PM »

Hidalgo will most likely be reelected imo
Yes it is likelier. Although I guess the Greens going rogue is an unlikely possibility.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 07:22:32 AM »

I think Dati can win. Unlikely though
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 06:20:02 AM »

Agreed, she can win and now it's looking possible.
Indeed,
I suspect th Buzyn voters will hurt more Hidalgo than Dati, that's why I sincerely believe Dati has a chance. She has been cementing her position with the traditional rightwing voters.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 06:37:08 AM »

At this point it looks like it will be Hidalgo vs Dati imo. Buzyn doesn't seem to be taking off.

Buzyn is at 20% after a week of campaigning, already several points up from the slime ball she replaced, and she can perhaps count on Vilani's 8%. Add to that that the electoral system does not benefit Dati and I think Buzyn would be in a strong position but for the fact that time is running out.

But for sure the media are just dying for this election to be considered "the return of LR" on the French political scene. The reason this election in Paris has descended into a farce especially is because everyone knows that Paris goes beyond the arrondissements and most of the social, urban, logistic and economic problems should really be on Ile-de-France level. Its like packing Bruxelles-Ville with loads of mediatic candidates for an election and then asking them to solve the Belgian-wide congestion problem.

France desperately needs to evaluate its multi-level governance structures and look towards the German federal model (inc. their urban zones), and that also means decentralising certain government institutions from Paris. Unfortunately you will never teach ENArques what it means to be from the Province, they prefer to cite Racine and Gracet in Parisian cocktail saloons...

The medias are often garbage but they don't have a bias for Dati. She's simply gaining in the polls.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 02:59:11 PM »

Well,
Coronavirus is terrible but I like this kind of solidary and unity emerging between all French people.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 03:17:05 PM »

Pierre Hurmic (EELV) ahead of the LR incumbent Nicolas Florian in Bordeaux. But the big shock is that Philippe Poutou (the NPA presidential candidate from 2017) qualifies for the second round(!). Some good coming out of today then Grin
It's not particularly shocking, it was expected he would qualify for the second round.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies