French Municipal elections - 2nd round 28 June 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:22:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Municipal elections - 2nd round 28 June 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French Municipal elections - 2nd round 28 June 2020  (Read 19200 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: July 01, 2020, 03:26:15 PM »

She's only young relative to the dinosaurs running in the US Presidential election. She's 18 years older than Macron, and 9 years older than Panzergirl. Looking at heads of government around Europe, she's older than Johnson, Sánchez, Rutte, Orbán, Conte, Kurz, Duda, Mitsotakis among others.

She's only 5 years younger than Merkel who's been Chacellor of Germany since most posters on this site were still wearing diapers.

I really fail to see how she is so young that she can sit out 2022 and run in later presidential elections. If she wants to be president, 2022 seems like the ideal time to do it, or she'll be old news.

Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 03:53:14 PM »

She still has time to wait until the scars of Hollande 2012-2017 have dissipated is what I mean. Juppé was going to run at 71, Chirac ran in 2002 at a quite grand old age. 
Do you seriously believe someone like Hidalgo can run a successful united left ticket in 2022? Its totally unrealistic.

The idea of anyone being a successful unity left-wing candidate is unrealistic. We're talking about the left... in France.

I'm guessing Hidalgo would crash and burn if she ran in 2022, but I really doubt her prospects would be better in 2027, especially considering her age, which already is relatively old compared to most leading politicians in France and Europe already and will be even more so 7 years from now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies