MA-Suffolk (D Primary): Kennedy leads field by 9%, leads Markey by 14% in h2h (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:48:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  MA-Suffolk (D Primary): Kennedy leads field by 9%, leads Markey by 14% in h2h (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-Suffolk (D Primary): Kennedy leads field by 9%, leads Markey by 14% in h2h  (Read 878 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« on: September 07, 2019, 07:27:56 PM »

I am a Kennedy hawk and want him in the Senate. Markey has served his state, time for Kennedy
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 08:02:29 PM »

Joe Kennedy is gonna win, he has the reform agenda of ending the filibuster, overall, Markey hasnt done anything but be a party-line vote
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 12:46:43 AM »

Joe Kennedy is gonna win, he has the reform agenda of ending the filibuster, overall, Markey hasnt done anything but be a party-line vote

What about being the primary Senate sponsor of the Green New Deal? He's quiet, but, especially on environmental issues, it's not hard to find instances throughout his career where he has been a valuable leader who takes his own initiative.

(and yeah, I know I'm responding to olawakandi but still)

I know Markey is a good Senator, I felt so bad for Mfume when he lost to Ben Cardin and he became a party-line vote along with Markey. We should never let that happen again. Thats why I am suppirting Joe Kennedy
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 07:44:58 PM »

I find it mystifying that certain Democrats are thrilled at the prospect of getting rid of the filibuster when Republicans have an obvious long-term structural advantage in the senate.  Gutting the filibuster is something Dems should resign themselves to doing only if they're backed into a corner; it's not something to look forward to.

I don't really understand this either.  Honestly, the filibuster is a primary reason the major New Deal programs didn't get repealed sometime during the 1980-2008 era.

However, on the subject of this particular election, Markey should really just retire.  

The GOP isnt gonna get rid of SSA and FiCA taxes, it would have not been politically correct for them.

The Dems kept the filibuster and Mitch McConnell obstructed immigration reform and judges and repeal of Dubya Tax cuts. If McConnell allowed a vote on Garland, which was stolen for right-wing Gorsuch, the filibuster would of stayed
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies