20th Senate PPT Thread (NC Yankee Elected)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:58:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  20th Senate PPT Thread (NC Yankee Elected)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 20th Senate PPT Thread (NC Yankee Elected)  (Read 794 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2019, 01:49:17 AM »
« edited: September 10, 2019, 05:59:34 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Nominations/Declarations for the position of President Pro-Tempore for the 20th Atlasian Senate are now underway and will last for 24 hours.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 01:49:39 AM »

I will run for another term as Senate PPT.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 01:55:59 AM »

Is this going to become a ****show like the Speaker Vote?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 02:07:44 AM »

The House has been generally more chaotic and also less productive then the Senate in recent months. We passed or failed 53 bills, while the House did I think ~34 assuming the noticeboards are right. We also had 36 amendments offered, which is one of the better post-reset numbers in that regards.

Now granted there are many factors that play into that, but we don't have a lot of drama on our side, certainly not procedural speaking. We addressed our rules differences quickly at the outset and just started steam rolling through bills, and I would hope to continue that. One thing I would like to see is more substantive discussion but that is hard to force from a procedural stand point.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 02:53:01 AM »

The House has been generally more chaotic and also less productive then the Senate in recent months. We passed or failed 53 bills, while the House did I think ~34 assuming the noticeboards are right. We also had 36 amendments offered, which is one of the better post-reset numbers in that regards.

Now granted there are many factors that play into that, but we don't have a lot of drama on our side, certainly not procedural speaking. We addressed our rules differences quickly at the outset and just started steam rolling through bills, and I would hope to continue that. One thing I would like to see is more substantive discussion but that is hard to force from a procedural stand point.

I’m like 95% sure the House has more passed bills in the queue than the Senate does right now. The 18th Congress was more productive House wise than Senate wise IIRC and that’s still tricking down to this day.

Otherwise, I don’t disagree with the rest of your post, though it’s easy to have cooperation and little procedural drama with an elder Fed statesman and five Labor/Pax folks in this day and age.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 03:07:00 AM »

I’m like 95% sure the House has more passed bills in the queue than the Senate does right now. The 18th Congress was more productive House wise than Senate wise IIRC and that’s still tricking down to this day.

Otherwise, I don’t disagree with the rest of your post, though it’s easy to have cooperation and little procedural drama with an elder Fed statesman and five Labor/Pax folks in this day and age.

Indeed, hence why I said recent months. Wink
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 03:16:03 AM »

Indeed, hence why I said recent months. Wink

Fair enough; the House with Ninja as speaker wasn’t great, and well the WB era wasn’t productive period until the very end since everyone running things was in over their head.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »

Doesn't help that the majority decided to change the rules to intentionally make it so that bills cannot move through the queue as quickly. They've even outright admitted they don't care if changing the rules meant that things would move slowly.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 03:53:59 PM »

Doesn't help that the majority decided to change the rules to intentionally make it so that bills cannot move through the queue as quickly. They've even outright admitted they don't care if changing the rules meant that things would move slowly.

Deliberative processes can improve legislation quality.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 02:48:38 AM »

With 24 hours having lapsed a vote is now open on the position of Senate President Pro-Tempore.

This vote will last 24 hours or until a majority has been cast in favor of a member.

Official Ballot
[   ] NC Yankee
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 05:59:28 AM »

Official Ballot
[ X ] NC Yankee
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2019, 10:15:40 AM »

Official Ballot
[ X ] NC Yankee
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2019, 11:20:27 AM »

Official Ballot
[ X ] NC Yankee
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 01:15:04 PM »

Official Ballot
[ X ] NC Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 05:56:24 PM »

Official Ballot
[X] NC Yankee

Technically late, but I didn't want to be the first one to vote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 05:59:03 PM »

Vote on the President Pro-Tempore Election:

NC Yankee 5: (Devout Centrist, NC Yankee, Ontario Progressive, PyroTheFox and Tack50).

Senator North Carolina Yankee has been elected as President Pro-Tempore of the Atlasian Senate.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 10:47:03 AM »

Order of the President Pro-Tempore
To provide for consistent administration of the Senate and compliance with the rules of said chamber

I hereby appoint Senator OntarioProgressive, as Deputy President Pro-Tempore of the People's Regional Senate.

I also delegate the power to advance motions and open votes on an ongoing basis to the Deputy President Pro-Tempore for the purpose of ensuring that such are advanced at the earliest possible moment.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies