Oh boy!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:52:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oh boy!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Which desperate spin is your preferred spin?
Antisemitism in Lincoln is none of Truman's d*mn business

Truman is the real antisemite for invading Kansas

Truman is an illiterate b*stard

What about Adam Griffin?

In the words of Ronald Reagan, Mr. Senator North Carolina Yankee, PPT, there you go again

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Oh boy!  (Read 3491 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2019, 05:26:10 PM »

All this thread has really done is show why 80% of Atlasians see Fhtagn as an HP.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2019, 05:26:31 PM »

Seriously.

It’s gone from muh Adam Griffin running for president to muh BDS to muh our of context (which is hard to buy given the term “Jewish Issue” was used in the screenshot) to muh stalking (is being on many Atlas Discord’s now considered stalking?).

None of the screenshots are from Atlas discords.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2019, 05:27:57 PM »

All this thread has really done is show why 80% of Atlasians see Fhtagn as an HP.

Most of Atlasia, including those within your own party, don't even like or trust you lmao
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2019, 05:32:40 PM »

Most of Atlasia, including those within your own party, don't even like or trust you lmao

Atlasia is basically divided 50-50 on me. You're right, it's not great, but you're doing far worse.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2019, 05:38:41 PM »

Atlasia is basically divided 50-50 on me. You're right, it's not great, but you're doing far worse.

Unlike you, I'm not going out of my way to impress a bunch of pathetic kids whose lives are so unfulfilling that they feel the need to stalk people off Atlas for the purpose of slandering them on forum.

So if "80%" of them (going by your poor polling quality numbers) think I'm an HP, I'd consider that a good thing.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2019, 06:13:29 PM »

All I can say is that I don't know what was going through my head when I voted for your presidency in Oct '17, and it shall be something I'll always regret.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2019, 06:16:10 PM »

All I can say is that I don't know what was going through my head when I voted for your presidency in Oct '17, and it shall be something I'll always regret.

lmao cool story
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2019, 07:52:27 PM »

I am making an effort to tone down on the fascism and not lock this, but it's becoming a bit difficult. I'd strongly encourage people to keep it at least somewhat civil.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2019, 07:55:11 PM »

Contrary to what many of the posts directly above would lead you to believe, this was once a thread about thr33's bigoted out of context comments. I wonder what, or perhaps more accurately who, happened.

FTFY

My post was not broken, and I believe there is an old adage about that. Regardless, it was a valiant attempt at a helpful favor and I suppose it would be nice to help you in return. So I'll point out that you appear to have missed earlier in the thread when thr33 themself provided context for those screenshots. It was the seventh reply. You must have been too busy sharing your insight about Adam's presidency or something to notice.

Forgive me for having no real concern about that fact that some sad, pathetic, and bored Atlas kids have nothing better to do with their time than to stalk another poster on non-Atlas places and pull out of context screenshots in an attempt to slander someone who has never once on forum indicated any prejudice against minority groups of any sort.

My post made it clear that the screenshots have been given context, in this exact thread, and the context did not improve them. So I don't know why you repeated that point. It wasn't entirely convincing anyway - in what context are those statements acceptable?

P.S. It's not polite to call people sad and pathetic. There's no need to be so disrespectful. Take a chill pill please.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2019, 07:58:24 PM »

Contrary to what many of the posts directly above would lead you to believe, this was once a thread about thr33's bigoted out of context comments. I wonder what, or perhaps more accurately who, happened.

FTFY

My post was not broken, and I believe there is an old adage about that. Regardless, it was a valiant attempt at a helpful favor and I suppose it would be nice to help you in return. So I'll point out that you appear to have missed earlier in the thread when thr33 themself provided context for those screenshots. It was the seventh reply. You must have been too busy sharing your insight about Adam's presidency or something to notice.

Forgive me for having no real concern about that fact that some sad, pathetic, and bored Atlas kids have nothing better to do with their time than to stalk another poster on non-Atlas places and pull out of context screenshots in an attempt to slander someone who has never once on forum indicated any prejudice against minority groups of any sort.

My post made it clear that the screenshots have been given context, in this exact thread, and the context did not improve them. So I don't know why you repeated that point. It wasn't entirely convincing anyway - in what context are those statements acceptable?

P.S. It's not polite to call people sad and pathetic. There's no need to be so disrespectful. Take a chill pill please.

It's an accurate description for the folks who think it's acceptable to go out of their way on non-Atlas related places for the purpose of slandering them on here. I do not apologize for it, nor do I have any reason to.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2019, 08:27:22 PM »

I am making an effort to tone down on the fascism
What a novel choice for this thread!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2019, 01:14:00 AM »

It also shows why no one trusts or respects most of the Atlasian Right anymore. Three years ago, you didn't see Leinad, DFW, Tmth, Ted and I making comments like this. It used to be the left would falsely accuse you of crap, and then you would win by clearly establishing, "No I am not crazy".

Now it seems like the right has decided, "well they are going to call me this stuff, so I might as well earn the criticism" LIKE WTF Atlasian Right? What the hell happened to the values and principles? We used to oppose Communism and Fascism because they both were anti-constitutionalism and anti-liberty. We used to criticize demeaning trolls and their bitter, exclusionary tactics when it took the form of old timers (mostly on the left) who had their fun but now just want to ruin it for everyone else.

Frankly this is far bigger than Atlasia, this is endemic to the online right wing community now. But if we keep letting the extremes on both sides ping pong us to totalitarianism, the history books will not look kindly on those who justified it because "well the left did x...". It was always our values and principles that made us better.

For the love of god, take note of Sunrise's last paragraph and ask yourself are you going to be part of the solution or part of the problem?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2019, 04:24:18 AM »

I'm not even going to bother reading all of this.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2019, 06:30:04 AM »

Can we just appreciate this for one second

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2019, 06:39:38 AM »

It also shows why no one trusts or respects most of the Atlasian Right anymore. Three years ago, you didn't see Leinad, DFW, Tmth, Ted and I making comments like this. It used to be the left would falsely accuse you of crap, and then you would win by clearly establishing, "No I am not crazy".

Now it seems like the right has decided, "well they are going to call me this stuff, so I might as well earn the criticism" LIKE WTF Atlasian Right? What the hell happened to the values and principles? We used to oppose Communism and Fascism because they both were anti-constitutionalism and anti-liberty. We used to criticize demeaning trolls and their bitter, exclusionary tactics when it took the form of old timers (mostly on the left) who had their fun but now just want to ruin it for everyone else.

Frankly this is far bigger than Atlasia, this is endemic to the online right wing community now. But if we keep letting the extremes on both sides ping pong us to totalitarianism, the history books will not look kindly on those who justified it because "well the left did x...". It was always our values and principles that made us better.

For the love of god, take note of Sunrise's last paragraph and ask yourself are you going to be part of the solution or part of the problem?

Say whatever you want about Labor but my party has never been antisemite.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2019, 12:06:30 AM »

Thr33 has lost Smiley !
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2019, 12:10:40 AM »

I thought you like anti-Semitism.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2019, 12:50:17 AM »

For the record, thr33 has reached out to me privately and I think it was an important step for positive dialogue and mutual understanding. I am keeping our convo private but I really appreciate that thr33 reached out to me.

Smiley

The best way to grow and learn is to interact with a diverse group of people and get outside of the echo chamber and comfort zone.

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2019, 03:16:36 AM »

I know this is, like, a week ago, but defending blatant antisemitism either for the sake of "party unity" or whatever BS you want to call it or this Trumpian "the real antisemites are the ones who value Palestinian lives!!" line is, well, completely irrational at best.

Also f-ing everyone shares Discord screenshots, just like how things get leaked in RL politics. Better the leaks happen on the AFE board than in hidden PMs, that way people can explain themselves. If you don't want people hearing things you say keep it to yourself. It's not hard.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2019, 03:45:33 AM »

Just popping in to comment: three years ago, if we had caught someone saying stuff like this, they would have been cut off. Immediately. It wouldn’t have mattered if it was on the forum, or on Mibbit; or a ing Harry Potter fanfic Tumblr, because we actually had principles that were more important to us than scoring points for our team.

It’s sad to see the mental gymnastics a lot of people will jump through to defend/deflect from conduct that is so, so clearly indefensible. But, these days, it’s probably naive to expect much more.
NeverAgainsSock
Rookie
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2019, 06:09:54 PM »

It's funny how closely real life politics mirrors this game.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2019, 01:46:51 AM »

I wish. I’d love a lefty trifecta IRL.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2019, 02:03:38 AM »

I wish. I’d love a lefty trifecta IRL.
s o o n
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2019, 06:30:37 AM »

I doubt it will happen soon, due to the math required and the seats up for the election
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2020, 11:15:53 PM »

Its a generic warning that pops up. Technically necroing old threads can be considered spam, but that being said there are a number of situations in Atlasia, where that shouldn't be strictly enforced. I sure as hell intend to bump my old Survey Atlasia page when I find the time to get back to it. That is different then say, someone going through and bumping random threads from 2004 just to be a pain, that is something that I would definitely enforce harshly against as spam.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies