Oh boy!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:52:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oh boy!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Which desperate spin is your preferred spin?
Antisemitism in Lincoln is none of Truman's d*mn business

Truman is the real antisemite for invading Kansas

Truman is an illiterate b*stard

What about Adam Griffin?

In the words of Ronald Reagan, Mr. Senator North Carolina Yankee, PPT, there you go again

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Oh boy!  (Read 3478 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2019, 10:33:47 AM »

Considering that Labor/Peace party members in the House openly supported anti-Semitism this Congress, the fake outrage in this thread is rich...

citation needed
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2019, 10:37:23 AM »

Considering that Labor/Peace party members in the House openly supported anti-Semitism this Congress, the fake outrage in this thread is rich...

citation needed

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=325312.0
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2019, 10:48:47 AM »

If opposing the right's ultra-fandom with Israel is anti-semitic, so be it. Thr is still worse.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2019, 11:13:57 AM »

If opposing the right's ultra-fandom with Israel is anti-semitic, so be it. Thr is still worse.
The BDS movement is far more anti-Semitic than a few out of context screenshots. The fact that you openly support it speaks volumes about your views...
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2019, 11:22:59 AM »

The BDS movement is far more anti-Semitic than a few out of context screenshots. The fact that you openly support it speaks volumes about your views...

I simply support free speech, which that bill was against. Whether such a vote is pro-Israel or Anti-Israel is incidental.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2019, 11:59:20 AM »

Well, it's nice to see that the ACP (Atlas Communist Party) does not agree with the free market and free enterprise anymore. Welcome to the resistance comrades Tongue

Now seriously, that is a huge leap of faith. BDS should absolutely be condemned, but that bill goes beyond that. As I said back when this was proposed regionally in the South (and defeated, though I believe it got adopted by the next session of the CoD):

This bill seems like a threat to business liberties right? The southern region and all governments in it should be free to do business with whoever they want  (or more likely, with whichever contractor offers the best deal). If a pro-BDS company happens to be the one offering the best deal to the government, then so be it.  

I want only the best from government contracts. A business' political positions may be absolutely deplorable, but that doesn't mean they should not be hired based on that.

If the government was ordering a cake, and the best cake seller was a bakery who didn't want to sell wedding cakes to homosexual couples (as is the classic example for another similar-ish issue), should the government look for another bakery?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2019, 01:11:58 PM »

Well, it's nice to see that the ACP (Atlas Communist Party) does not agree with the free market and free enterprise anymore. Welcome to the resistance comrades Tongue

Now seriously, that is a huge leap of faith. BDS should absolutely be condemned, but that bill goes beyond that. As I said back when this was proposed regionally in the South (and defeated, though I believe it got adopted by the next session of the CoD):

This bill seems like a threat to business liberties right? The southern region and all governments in it should be free to do business with whoever they want  (or more likely, with whichever contractor offers the best deal). If a pro-BDS company happens to be the one offering the best deal to the government, then so be it.  

I want only the best from government contracts. A business' political positions may be absolutely deplorable, but that doesn't mean they should not be hired based on that.

If the government was ordering a cake, and the best cake seller was a bakery who didn't want to sell wedding cakes to homosexual couples (as is the classic example for another similar-ish issue), should the government look for another bakery?

Government workers (and in some cases, government contractors) are almost always held to a higher standard when working for/with the federal government.

I absolutely support free speech (as does my party), however, if someone chooses to work for and do business with the federal government, that comes with an understanding that they cannot, and should not, express certain political beliefs. If they can't handle that, nothing stops them from working or doing business elsewhere.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2019, 01:18:11 PM »

Contrary to what many of the posts directly above would lead you to believe, this was once a thread about thr33's bigoted comments. I wonder what, or perhaps more accurately who, happened.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2019, 01:22:14 PM »

Government workers (and in some cases, government contractors) are almost always held to a higher standard when working for/with the federal government.

I absolutely support free speech (as does my party), however, if someone chooses to work for and do business with the federal government, that comes with an understanding that they cannot, and should not, express certain political beliefs. If they can't handle that, nothing stops them from working or doing business elsewhere.

As was said in the debate thread, you might have a point if your bill was only about defense contracts. But applying such an anti-speech policy to all federal contracts is in fact a sign of being against free speech.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2019, 01:24:18 PM »

Contrary to what many of the posts directly above would lead you to believe, this was once a thread about thr33's bigoted out of context comments. I wonder what, or perhaps more accurately who, happened.

FTFY
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2019, 01:41:06 PM »

Contrary to what many of the posts directly above would lead you to believe, this was once a thread about thr33's bigoted out of context comments. I wonder what, or perhaps more accurately who, happened.

FTFY

My post was not broken, and I believe there is an old adage about that. Regardless, it was a valiant attempt at a helpful favor and I suppose it would be nice to help you in return. So I'll point out that you appear to have missed earlier in the thread when thr33 themself provided context for those screenshots. It was the seventh reply. You must have been too busy sharing your insight about Adam's presidency or something to notice.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2019, 01:48:45 PM »

Thr33: “n*ggers”
Thr33: “OOPS, AUTOCORRECT, I meant naggers.”
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2019, 01:52:34 PM »

Thr33: “n*ggers”
Thr33: “OOPS, AUTOCORRECT, I meant naggers.”

Please feel free to provide proof that he's actually said that, or at least admit you once again have no clue what you're talking about if you cannot do so.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2019, 02:04:42 PM »

FTFY

My post was not broken, and I believe there is an old adage about that. Regardless, it was a valiant attempt at a helpful favor and I suppose it would be nice to help you in return. So I'll point out that you appear to have missed earlier in the thread when thr33 themself provided context for those screenshots. It was the seventh reply. You must have been too busy sharing your insight about Adam's presidency or something to notice.

Forgive me for having no real concern about that fact that some sad, pathetic, and bored Atlas kids have nothing better to do with their time than to stalk another poster on non-Atlas places and pull out of context screenshots in an attempt to slander someone who has never once on forum indicated any prejudice against minority groups of any sort.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2019, 02:07:45 PM »

I don't know what's going on, but Fhtang should be arrested.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2019, 02:12:09 PM »

FTFY

Forgive me for having no real concern about that fact that some sad, pathetic, and bored Atlas kids have nothing better to do with their time than to stalk another poster on non-Atlas places and pull out of context screenshots in an attempt to slander someone who has never once on forum indicated any prejudice against minority groups of any sort.

People show their true colors, when no one is watching. I believe that, that is what happened here, regardless of what you believe, that's what happened
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2019, 02:17:15 PM »

FTFY

People show their true colors, when no one is watching. I believe that, that is what happened here, regardless of what you believe, that's what happened

Except none of that even comes close to making him out to be what the Labor Party is painting him. And it sets a very dangerous precedent when we make it okay for people to stalk other posters off Atlas/Atlas related discord servers for the purpose of smearing them on here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2019, 02:18:06 PM »

FTFY

I can understand the argument about not bringing up non-forum related matters from other places, but "out of context"? Come on, you can't get clearer than these posts...
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2019, 04:11:26 PM »

FTFY

I can understand the argument about not bringing up non-forum related matters from other places, but "out of context"? Come on, you can't get clearer than these posts...

I was responding to Fhtagn, and my post was about how Fhtagn should not defend this type of behavior
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2019, 04:22:01 PM »

FTFY

I was responding to Fhtagn, and my post was about how Fhtagn should not defend this type of behavior

He has already explained himself, and there is no logical reason for people to continue making this non-issue a big deal.

What is more disturbing is the disgusting behavior of members of the Labor Party who have taken it upon themselves to stalk people off forum in an attempt to bring it onto Atlas.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2019, 04:29:53 PM »

fwiw BDS is not anti semitic and those who use that word loosely don't really understand what it means in the first place, there are certainly Jewish people who support it and so you'd basically be saying they hate all Jewish people. It really depends if you believe that the colonialism within the west bank is justified.....if someone opposes them building settlements in territory they claim but is historically inhabited by an entirely different group of people, then that doesn't mean they hate Jewish people....it just means they are trying to pressure the Israeli government to stop going this via boycotting goods, this is called economic pressure.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2019, 04:34:59 PM »

and to add, while it's true some BDS supporters are of course anti semitic, that doesn't mean all are and supporting BDS doesn't automatically make someone such.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2019, 04:40:09 PM »

FTFY

I know. I should've quoted her instead.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2019, 05:10:24 PM »

the spin in this thread is worse than in this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=707LxTUvtMY
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2019, 05:18:24 PM »

Seriously.

It’s gone from muh Adam Griffin running for president to muh BDS to muh our of context (which is hard to buy given the term “Jewish Issue” was used in the screenshot) to muh stalking (is being on many Atlas Discord’s now considered stalking?).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies