Jimmy/Thumb October 2019: "A thumbs up for a better Atlasia!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:15:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Jimmy/Thumb October 2019: "A thumbs up for a better Atlasia!"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jimmy/Thumb October 2019: "A thumbs up for a better Atlasia!"  (Read 1323 times)
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 01, 2019, 04:41:43 PM »

JIMMY/THUMB FOR PRESIDENT

We believe in an Atlasia that works for everyone. This is delivered through an administration that is willing to invest in our country, is independent minded, and creative. We will build on the work of President Griffin, and govern on a firm set of principles which we have outlined below and will talk about throughout the campaign.

✓ Raise workers’ wages
✓ Create jobs
✓ Support and protect unions
✓ Invest more in education
✓ Invest more in space exploration
✓ Modernise our infrastructure
✓ Expand clean energy
✓ Protect our environment
✓ A fairer tax system
✓ Comprehensive campaign finance reform
✓ A non-interventionist foreign policy
✓ Establishing a common market agreement with Canada

Jimmy7812:

Since becoming a citizen in 2017, Jimmy has built a long record of activity. Jimmy is currently the Vice President of Atlasia. He was formerly the Speaker of the House - holding this position for three times - and served four terms as a representative. Jimmy has also served as a regional legislator in Fremont Parliament (where he also served as Speaker) and in the Lincoln Assembly, where he served as interim speaker for a period of time. In addition to elected office, he is the former Chairman of the Labor Party, and the former Vice Chairman of the Party.

Lincoln Assemblyman: Jan 15, 2018 - Apr 26, 2018
Lincoln Secretary of State: May 26, 2018 - Aug 9, 2018
Fremont MP: Feb 27, 2019 - May 3, 2019
Representative: Sep 7, 2018 - Mar 1, 2019; May 3, 2019 - Jul 5, 2019
Speaker of the House: Nov 5, 2018 - Mar 1, 2019; May 7, 2019 - Jul 5, 2019
Vice President of Atlasia: Assumed Office Jul 5, 2019

Vice Chairman of the Labor Party: Nov 2018 - Feb 2019
Chairman of the Labor Party: Feb 2019 - Jul 2019

Thumb21:

Since becoming a citizen in 2017, Thumb has been heavily involved in Atlasia. Most recently, Thumb served as a representative for a month in the place of Ninja who resigned. He was the first Debate Moderator, holding 5 successful debates in a 3 month period. He also served in the Southern Chamber of Delegates, helping to solve the naming question and passing a big tax cut for working class Southerners. He also served as Deputy Game Moderator, helping to calculate the federal and regional budgets.

Southern Delegate: Jul 27 2018 - Oct 26 2018
Member of the Southern Constitutional Taskforce: Aug 2 2018 - Sep 6 2018
Representative: Apr 4 2019 - May 3 2019

Deputy Game Moderator: Jan 3 2018 - Jul 9 2018
Debate Moderator: Nov 17 2018 - Feb 16 2019

Chairman of Alliance: Jul 23 2018 - Jul 31 2018
Secretary of Alliance: Jul 31 2018 - Dec 30 2018
Vice Chairman of Alliance: Dec 30 2018 - Jan 25 2019
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 04:42:24 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2019, 09:27:40 PM by Esteemed Vice President Jimmy7812 »

Speeches:

ANNOUNCEMENT SPEECH - ALLENTOWN, PA
VP ACCEPTANCE SPEECH - ALLENTOWN, PA (CONTINUED)

Endorsements:

Devout Centrist
dfwlibertylover
JGibson
MikeWells12
OneJ
OntarioProgressive
Wulfric
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 04:43:18 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT SPEECH - ALLENTOWN, PA

Allentown.jpg
Paul Leiby [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

Hello Allentown!

Today is a great day to be here will all you. I want to thank everyone that came today, especially Governor Peanut, and our great regional senators, Comrade Funk and tack50.

It has been a wonderful experience serving as Vice President. This session of congress has been very productive, with bills passing at an efficient pace.

Under President Griffin, we made great strides.

The federal minimum wage was raised to $11 an hour with the “Federal Minimum Wage Policy Act”. Most employees are guaranteed paid time off with the “Paid Time Off Act”. There are more protections to prevent the wrongful firing of employees with the “Worker Retention and Firing Act”. The “Transactions Fairness Act” has resulted in the elimination of many fees charged by banks. The “Appalachia Reinvestment Act” has resulted in increased investment in our Appalachian communities. The privacy of Atlasians has been protected with the full repeal of The Patriot Act and the associated USA Freedom Act.

But there is more that needs to be done. I have always been motivated to do my best to fight for workers and all Atlasians. With that, I am officially announcing I am running for President of Atlasia!

A ticket is not complete without a Vice President, the often overlooked position that requires a lot of work and responsibility. I have thought deeply on this matter, and it became apparent that one choice would be the best.

They are a former deputy game moderator, a former Southern delegate, a former debate moderator, and served as an interim representative. Let's all give a thumbs up for Thumb!

I am proud to have Thumb as my running mate in the October 2019 presidential election! There is a lot at stake in this election, and with Thumb at my side, I know we can achieve even more and put Atlasia on a good path into the future.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 04:43:41 PM »

VP ACCEPTANCE SPEECH - ALLENTOWN, PA (CONTINUED)

I thank Vice President Jimmy for choosing me as his running mate. He is a hard working politician who will make a great president! Since I joined Atlasia, I’ve seen fighting for the average man and woman as my main purpose. As a Southern Delegate, I proposed and helped pass the Southern Tax Relief Act which significantly cut taxes for the working people of the South. I was Atlasia’s first Debate Moderator, helping increase the quality of our elections by facilitating detailed policy debates between candidates. As Vice President, I want to continue this work. Let’s all give a thumbs up for a better Atlasia!
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 04:49:07 PM »

Endorsed!
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 04:50:44 PM »

Endorsed
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 04:51:57 PM »

Thanks for the support! Smiley
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 04:52:13 PM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 05:27:54 PM »

Endorsed!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 05:27:55 PM »

I have one question for the Vice Presidential nominee Thumb21.

The job of Vice President is arguably the hardest job in Atlasia, being equivalent basically to being Senate PPT / House Speaker; except you don't get a vote unless there is a tie.

Thumb21 has served admirably in all his elected positions, from Representative, to Deputy GM and Debate Moderator. However, he has never served in regional or federal legislative leadership to my knowledge (speaker or deputy speaker).

While I fully trust him to perform the job of Vice President, what other assurances could he give the Atlasian public to prove that he is perfectly capable of being Vice President?
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 05:32:41 PM »

Endorsed!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 05:39:48 PM »

that slogan is a terrible pun
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 05:44:02 PM »

Endorsed!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 06:17:26 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2019, 08:27:01 PM by PSOL »

Endorsed! I’m excited for what y’all will do.

On second thought, I’ll save this for later.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 06:29:14 PM »

The job of Vice President is arguably the hardest job in Atlasia, being equivalent basically to being Senate PPT / House Speaker; except you don't get a vote unless there is a tie.

Thumb21 has served admirably in all his elected positions, from Representative, to Deputy GM and Debate Moderator. However, he has never served in regional or federal legislative leadership to my knowledge (speaker or deputy speaker).

While I fully trust him to perform the job of Vice President, what other assurances could he give the Atlasian public to prove that he is perfectly capable of being Vice President?

Hi. I haven't served in many elected positions, this is true. However, I have done a lot of work outside of elected positions. Deputy GM is an extremely difficult and time consuming job although it may not look like it from the surface. You work extremely hard doing estimates, budgets and don't get much recognition or power - which in many ways is comparable to being Vice President as both involve a lot of admin, in return for little glory.

Generally my philosophy around Atlasia has been that I can serve in many ways without getting elected. When I first joined Atlasia, I ran two unsuccessfull campaigns for House, narrowly losing the second - which changed my outlook on Atlasia quite a bit and coincidentally thats when a Deputy GM vacancy appeared. I did eventually get elected to the Southern CoD, I ran with a specific set of policies, and I worked to pass as much of it as I could. Then I returned to a non elected role.

My point being, I don't think that having served mostly in non-elected roles makes me less qualified than someone who was in an elected role for the same amount of time. Both of my non elected roles were very policy oriented and demanded hard work and research.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 06:52:45 PM »

Endorsed!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2019, 07:19:31 PM »

Excellent VP choice!!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 07:25:05 PM »

Although we have had many issues in the past (like up to july Tongue ) I am proud to say I am endorsing Jimmy(7182) for President and Thumb(21) for Vice President!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2019, 07:26:51 PM »

Hi. I haven't served in many elected positions, this is true. However, I have done a lot of work outside of elected positions. Deputy GM is an extremely difficult and time consuming job although it may not look like it from the surface. You work extremely hard doing estimates, budgets and don't get much recognition or power - which in many ways is comparable to being Vice President as both involve a lot of admin, in return for little glory.

Generally my philosophy around Atlasia has been that I can serve in many ways without getting elected. When I first joined Atlasia, I ran two unsuccessfull campaigns for House, narrowly losing the second - which changed my outlook on Atlasia quite a bit and coincidentally thats when a Deputy GM vacancy appeared. I did eventually get elected to the Southern CoD, I ran with a specific set of policies, and I worked to pass as much of it as I could. Then I returned to a non elected role.

My point being, I don't think that having served mostly in non-elected roles makes me less qualified than someone who was in an elected role for the same amount of time. Both of my non elected roles were very policy oriented and demanded hard work and research.

Excellent response. Truth be told, (Numbers) Deputy GM is probably just as hard as VP if not harder, albeit in a different way (less research and more "paperwork")

Anyways, endorsed for a serious vote!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2019, 09:23:58 PM »

Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2019, 09:24:14 PM »

Although we have had many issues in the past (like up to july Tongue ) I am proud to say I am endorsing Jimmy(7182) for President and Thumb(21) for Vice President!

Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 09:24:51 PM »

He'll do a great job!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2019, 01:02:11 AM »

Enthusiastically endorsed
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2019, 05:20:25 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2019, 07:37:36 AM by Lakigigar »

Great platform. Might endorse later.

EDIT: Off all the Labor candidates who currently announced, you have my preference. But I'll talk to you later and to my fellow party members to discuss what we will do next.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2019, 08:41:35 AM »

I'll hereby give my official endorsement and full support, in name of myself and in name of the People's Party. Good luck Jimmy! We would like you to have as the next president of Atlasia!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies