Hurricane Dorian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:58:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Hurricane Dorian (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hurricane Dorian  (Read 1844 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: August 30, 2019, 06:11:14 AM »

I've followed hurricanes for a long time. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see this hit Cat 5. Most forecasts seem to underestimate what these storms reach. Florida is one of the most prepared areas in the world for these storms. Even so, I think that preparedness is about to be heavily tested. Of course, we all hope for the best, but also have to prepare for the worst.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 11:42:17 PM »

I've followed hurricanes for a long time. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see this hit Cat 5. Most forecasts seem to underestimate what these storms reach. Florida is one of the most prepared areas in the world for these storms. Even so, I think that preparedness is about to be heavily tested. Of course, we all hope for the best, but also have to prepare for the worst.

Unfortunately, it looks like I was right. The only thing that changed was that Florida isn't going to be the worst affected. This hurricane tied the record for strongest windspeeds at landfall at 185 mph.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies