Hurricane Dorian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:34:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Hurricane Dorian (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hurricane Dorian  (Read 1860 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: August 30, 2019, 07:55:00 PM »

FWIW I have a long ago rescheduled visit to Marco this week with a flight to Ft Myers tomorrow am. So far nothing's been cancelled and SW FL seems to be away from the path. I guess I'll see what things are like tomorrow.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 11:48:20 AM »

FWIW I have a long ago rescheduled visit to Marco this week with a flight to Ft Myers tomorrow am. So far nothing's been cancelled and SW FL seems to be away from the path. I guess I'll see what things are like tomorrow.

My flight was fine and I now I'm on my way for a night and day in Key West before heading to Marco. I'll update with conditions as warranted.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 07:50:11 AM »

The threat of Dorian kept a lot of travelers off the Keys. The traffic was light and we could walk into a Key West restaurant at 8 pm on Sat of a holiday weekend without a reservation. I also met my personal goal of visiting the southernmost point of the continental US, after seeing the easternmost point in Apr.

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 04:27:36 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2019, 07:23:28 PM by muon2 »

I visited Freeport in 2014,and I can only imagine the disaster that must be unfolding there.

As for me I left Key West about 8:30 and only passed through a couple of small rain bands associated with Dorian. As I write this from Marco Island there's a strong downpour with lightning from Dorian. The fact that rain bands were stretching from Grand Bahama to the Lower Keys and Marco Island gives some idea as to the hurricane's extent.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 07:22:46 PM »

I visited Freeport in 2014,and I can only imagine the disaster that must be unfolding there.

As for me I left Key West about 8:30 and only passed through a couple of small rain bands associated with Dorian. As I write this from Marco Island there's a strong downpour with lightning from Dorian. The fact that rain bands were stretching from Grand Hahaha to the Lower Keys and Marco Island gives some idea as to the hurricane's extent.

That's one of the better autocorrects I've seen in a while.

and horribly inappropriate. Ugh Sad
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 06:57:09 AM »

Here on the SW FL coast the winds were brisk yesterday from 15 to 20 mph. Early this morning a rain band from Dorian passed through Marco Island, about 250 mi from the center.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies