Office of (Fmr.) Lincoln Court Deputy RC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:15:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of (Fmr.) Lincoln Court Deputy RC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of (Fmr.) Lincoln Court Deputy RC  (Read 3132 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: July 26, 2021, 01:30:04 AM »

To address this complaint,

First, while I have been allowing the vote period to go beyond my initial allowance of time, this is because  we have consistently not had full participation in the votes. I've been deliberately casual with the time, and in trying to start the votes at a time when members may be more active, but to no avail. We have not had a full vote count during this entire session despite notifications for each vote. I save my vote for last to avoid bias in anyone else's vote. If you would like to make these votes go faster, I suggest you convince all of your fellow deputies to cast their votes when called upon.

Both of these decisions are within my right as Speaker, unless you wish to file a specific objection to any particular action, which you may do as a deputy.

As to your point about these actions causing some kind of logjam of legislation, don't make me laugh. We are not sitting on an untapped gold mine here, we are barely getting any bills introduced and half of the ones we are getting are humorous in nature. This is not a life or death matter, this has been a session with relatively mild activity levels.

Finally, I've noticed you've taken it upon yourself to declare a vote open because you felt the process was not going quickly enough for your taste. I went along with it because I was getting ready to formally open them anyway, but since you would like me to be more stringent about procedure I'll make sure to specify that any vote cast is invalid until the Speaker opens the vote.

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies