Office of (Fmr.) Lincoln Court Deputy RC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:04:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of (Fmr.) Lincoln Court Deputy RC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Office of (Fmr.) Lincoln Court Deputy RC  (Read 3064 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2021, 09:54:35 PM »

This isn't as anywhere near bad as what Wulfric said but I'll just say I wouldn't have included much of the second paragraph of his statement.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2021, 12:41:34 AM »

Press Release from the Office of Court Deputy RC

My Fellow Lincolnites,

I seek to reach out to my fellow citizens to put a spotlight on what I believe is the newest crisis to Lincoln and its government. Since I joined the General Court just weeks ago, I have seen concerning signs of unprofessionalism and inactivity at levels unseen since I dealt with the Assembly inactivity crisis as Governor of Lincoln.

Since joining the court, I have witnessed some of the most lackluster leadership in any governing body I have ever been a member of. The Court has operated in a way that has stalled any and all legislation. Since the previous Court elections, only two of the remaining four elected officials have shown up consistently to serve this region. Of the two who do not consistently serve, it is concerning to me that the Speaker of the Court is included in this group. Though the Speaker has at least been present in legislating sessions, their recent actions are emblematic of how this Court session has been run.

The Speaker, who has repeatedly abandoned legislation following votes, leaving it to die on the floor of the court, once again acted in an unprofessional manner in handling the Staten Island Sale Act. The legislation, which was voted on by only three of five members of the Court within its designated 72 hour period, was passed by the Speaker, who voted significantly late of their own deadline. As stated, it’s an unprofessional act, of dubious legality, and I would argue an action that has resulted in the Speaker’s unbecoming of a Deputy.

A body acting in this manner gives me concern, not only as a Deputy of the Court, but as a former Governor and a citizen of this fine region. Lincoln deserves better lawmakers who will perform checks and balances as opposed to sitting on their hands and pass legislation that will actually help the people. During my Governorship there was a similar crisis of activity. Then the Assembly, activity among our elected officials was insufficient to effectively serve this region, and a recall was scheduled. I urge Governor KaiserDave to join this precedent in challenging Lincoln’s government to serve its purpose, or at very least, would like to invite the Governor to join me in campaigning against this disservice to our region.

From experience, I know when a governing body isn’t working properly. This is one of those times. It is once again time to fight against the plague of inactivity in Lincoln.
-Court Deputy RC
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2021, 01:30:04 AM »

To address this complaint,

First, while I have been allowing the vote period to go beyond my initial allowance of time, this is because  we have consistently not had full participation in the votes. I've been deliberately casual with the time, and in trying to start the votes at a time when members may be more active, but to no avail. We have not had a full vote count during this entire session despite notifications for each vote. I save my vote for last to avoid bias in anyone else's vote. If you would like to make these votes go faster, I suggest you convince all of your fellow deputies to cast their votes when called upon.

Both of these decisions are within my right as Speaker, unless you wish to file a specific objection to any particular action, which you may do as a deputy.

As to your point about these actions causing some kind of logjam of legislation, don't make me laugh. We are not sitting on an untapped gold mine here, we are barely getting any bills introduced and half of the ones we are getting are humorous in nature. This is not a life or death matter, this has been a session with relatively mild activity levels.

Finally, I've noticed you've taken it upon yourself to declare a vote open because you felt the process was not going quickly enough for your taste. I went along with it because I was getting ready to formally open them anyway, but since you would like me to be more stringent about procedure I'll make sure to specify that any vote cast is invalid until the Speaker opens the vote.

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2021, 11:48:05 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2021, 12:02:12 AM by Ishan »

Congrats for deleting your excellent Press Release.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2022, 11:10:19 PM »

Hey I'm back lol
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »