Emerson: Biden 31, Sanders 24, Warren 15, Harris 10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:12:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Emerson: Biden 31, Sanders 24, Warren 15, Harris 10
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Emerson: Biden 31, Sanders 24, Warren 15, Harris 10  (Read 2476 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2019, 02:23:45 PM »

But wait, about 30 minutes ago you said this:

I still don't understand why so many Democrats on here despise Tulsi Gabbard. They consider her to be akin to a white supremacist.

You could've made a "good", less inflammatory observation like your last post on why some don't like Tulsi Gabbard. But you didn't -- I think you're doing this on purpose little buddy!

Let me make this clear. I am aware of the reasons, and know the reasons why, so many on here do not like candidates such as Gabbard. What I meant in that post is that I don't understand why it is these particular reasons that make them dislike Gabbard, and what basis there is to them. On the LGBT issues for example, Gabbard has made a definite change of heart, and has advanced or supported pro-LGBT legislation in the House. And her "apologia" for Assad is overblown. There doesn't seem to be any legitimate basis for these reasons to dislike her.

And what would you have me say? Put out a long-winded, detailed, and exhaustive post asking why Democratic posters don't like her?

I'd rather not have you post at all, actually. But you could've literally said all this in your first post regarding the dislike of Gabbard (which, with what you laid out, have nothing to do with white supremacy). Instead, you chose to make a disgusting assertion about why many Democrats feel the way they do. You've never made good faith arguments and you clearly haven't started.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2019, 02:30:07 PM »

But wait, about 30 minutes ago you said this:

I still don't understand why so many Democrats on here despise Tulsi Gabbard. They consider her to be akin to a white supremacist.

You could've made a "good", less inflammatory observation like your last post on why some don't like Tulsi Gabbard. But you didn't -- I think you're doing this on purpose little buddy!

Let me make this clear. I am aware of the reasons, and know the reasons why, so many on here do not like candidates such as Gabbard. What I meant in that post is that I don't understand why it is these particular reasons that make them dislike Gabbard, and what basis there is to them. On the LGBT issues for example, Gabbard has made a definite change of heart, and has advanced or supported pro-LGBT legislation in the House. And her "apologia" for Assad is overblown. There doesn't seem to be any legitimate basis for these reasons to dislike her.

And what would you have me say? Put out a long-winded, detailed, and exhaustive post asking why Democratic posters don't like her?

I'd rather not have you post at all, actually. But you could've literally said all this in your first post regarding the dislike of Gabbard (which, with what you laid out, have nothing to do with white supremacy). Instead, you chose to make a disgusting assertion about why many Democrats feel the way they do. You've never made good faith arguments and you clearly haven't started.

Using the "white supremacist" comparison was meant to be figurative, as many on here regard Gabbard with almost the same kind of distaste.  People use such figurative phrases routinely, both on and off this forum.

And what do you have against me? What have I done to earn your dislike? I took a hiatus from this forum, for several months, and only recently decided to take my chances again. It seems clear that nothing that I do will ever satisfy you. At any rate, I'm not going to litigate this matter further.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2019, 05:14:50 AM »

The breakdowns by age are...striking:

18-29:
Sanders 29
Biden 23
Yang 17
Gabbard 12
Warren 6
Harris 5
Buttigieg 2
O'Rourke 2
Sestak 2
Castro 1
Klobuchar 1
Messam 1

Proud of my generation.

In most other polls as of late, Biden has been in the 6-8% range among the youngest voter though, so this poll is clearly the odd one out in that regard. Also, Warren is artificially low among young voters in this poll.

That's why it isn't in bold because i'm disappointed in Warren's support among youngsters, but normally it's higher indeed. Gabbard and Yang are definitely popular among the internet community and youngsters.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2019, 07:40:26 AM »

Impecunious and hunchbacked losers like many Atlas-Red-Avatars are very, very intimidated by strong, rebellious female people of color.

The irony is that it is someone with a blue avatar who resorted to personal attacks upon me, when responding to my post concerning Gabbard.

What does his avatar have to do with anything? heatcharger isn’t even a registered Republican irl and, iirc, you aren’t either. And why do you care so much about Atlas-red avatars not caring about Gabbard for?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2019, 08:13:31 AM »

Gabbard is doing well in non-qualifying polls. What's interesting is that she got half of the vote given to women candidates from those under 30.

18-29:
Gabbard 12
Warren 6
Harris 5
Klobuchar 1

LOL @ you relying on Emerson crosstabs for that narrative.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2019, 08:15:24 AM »

18-29:
Sanders 29
Biden 23
Yang 17
Gabbard 12
Warren 6
Harris 5
Buttigieg 2
O'Rourke 2
Sestak 2
Castro 1
Klobuchar 1
Messam 1

Proud of my generation.

In most other polls as of late, Biden has been in the 6-8% range among the youngest voter though, so this poll is clearly the odd one out in that regard. Also, Warren is artificially low among young voters in this poll.

That's why it isn't in bold because i'm disappointed in Warren's support among youngsters, but normally it's higher indeed. Gabbard and Yang are definitely popular among the internet community and youngsters.

Ahh yes. The ever so important internet community vote.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2019, 09:18:49 AM »

Impecunious and hunchbacked losers like many Atlas-Red-Avatars are very, very intimidated by strong, rebellious female people of color.

The irony is that it is someone with a blue avatar who resorted to personal attacks upon me, when responding to my post concerning Gabbard.

What does his avatar have to do with anything? heatcharger isn’t even a registered Republican irl and, iirc, you aren’t either. And why do you care so much about Atlas-red avatars not caring about Gabbard for?

It's because I would normally expect different behavior from someone with a blue avatar, given the experiences which I have had on this forum. Hence, why I said what I said. And it's interesting about how you rally to his defense rather than calling him out for his vile invective. That's very revealing into your motives.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2019, 09:42:13 AM »

It's because I would normally expect different behavior from someone with a blue avatar, given the experiences which I have had on this forum. Hence, why I said what I said. And it's interesting about how you rally to his defense rather than calling him out for his vile invective. That's very revealing into your motives.

The reason people at times react negatively to your posts is because you word them like to a troll trying to derail threads with arguments. You criticize others constantly, demonstrating unwillingness to consider their points of view, and when rightfully criticized back for your posting behavior you demonstrate skin so thin I'm surprised you can type without tearing apart your fingers.

People react negatively to my posts more than that, unfortunately. And my criticisms of others here are not unwarranted. Many of the people on here are willing to resort to attacks, rather than making a polite, reasoned argument. But I've gone over this ad nauseum already, and I'm not going to litigate this matter any further.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2019, 10:39:38 AM »

There you go, pulling the same schtick you did before you left by not taking any blame, ignoring what you did was wrong, and playing the victim role. Lol, you're not fooling me.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2019, 12:04:10 PM »

18-29:
Gabbard 12

People say that republicans won't exist 20 years from now because they poll so poorly with young people. Well, here's how they make up that gap.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2019, 03:27:05 PM »

There you go, pulling the same schtick you did before you left by not taking any blame, ignoring what you did was wrong, and playing the victim role. Lol, you're not fooling me.

"Fooling you"? I've no intention of fooling anyone. I can admit that I could be more considerate in what I post and how I respond, but that doesn't mean that others can make an effort on their part to improve themselves. At any rate, this is going nowhere, and I'm not going to say anything more, before this thread gets any further derailed than it already is. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2019, 12:14:17 PM »

The sample includes 15 black Republicans, of whom 10 back Trump and 5 back Weld.

Also…

Trump vs. Weld by household income:

less than $50k:
Trump 93%
Weld 7%

$50-100k:
Trump 85%
Weld 15%

over $100k:
Trump 75%
Weld 25%

Clinton 2016 primary supporters:
Biden 46%
Warren 17%
Sanders 15%
Harris 11%

Sanders 2016 primary supporters:
Sanders 36%
Warren 15%
Biden 13%
Harris 10%

Sanders leads in the Midwest with 33% against Biden’s 29%.  Biden leads in every other region.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2019, 03:55:43 PM »

The sample includes 15 black Republicans, of whom 10 back Trump and 5 back Weld.

Also…

Trump vs. Weld by household income:

less than $50k:
Trump 93%
Weld 7%

$50-100k:
Trump 85%
Weld 15%

over $100k:
Trump 75%
Weld 25%

Clinton 2016 primary supporters:
Biden 46%
Warren 17%
Sanders 15%
Harris 11%

Sanders 2016 primary supporters:
Sanders 36%
Warren 15%
Biden 13%
Harris 10%

Sanders leads in the Midwest with 33% against Biden’s 29%.  Biden leads in every other region.

The Sanders/Clinton 2016 thing is interesting. Do other polls oversample Clinton 16 voters or is it Emerson being off base. In 2016, Sanders had 46% of the pledged delegates & in the last 3 years the people coming into the voting age are more likely to be Sanders voters.

Maybe other polls have Clinton voters @ 65 or 70% of the vote in the 2016 primary.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2019, 04:03:06 PM »

How many unicorns and leprechauns did they poll?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2019, 04:26:44 PM »

Warren had that big bounce from the debates and it went downhill from there.  Due to her lack of support from Blacks.  Bernie and Warren dont offer sonething blacks to grasp upon. Same with Harris

If they say they would open more Section 8 vouchers for seniors and people that dont have kids under 18, thats something. Medicare for all isnt gonna cut it
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies