A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:32:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 61139 times)
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« on: August 28, 2019, 04:01:28 PM »

Opening Statements :
First of all I'd like to thank the University of South Carolina for hosting us. I'd also like to thank Fox for giving us this time to debate. I know that I might be new to many of you at home watching. For now, I'll make it brief. I'm the Governor of South Dakota, I've fought hard to stop wasteful government spending, cut taxes and defended South Dakotans second amendment rights proudly for the past 6 years. I'm so happy to be on this stage, so I'd like to thank you all for watching as well. Thanks everyone.

General Question # 1 : For the last 8 years, the Republican Party has been in lockstep with President Donald Trump, despite all his controversies. Now however, there are those looking for a return to Bushian ideas, such as Senator Mitt Romney, those who want Trumpism to be the future of the GOP, such as Senator Tom Cotton, and those who want the GOP to become more Liberal, such as Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker. Of these three camps, which do you think will be the best one for the Republican Party to go down?

Something I've learned in life is we don't need to pick one lane. There is no one Republican ideology, we are a big tent party. As long as you believe in small government and equal treatment for all, you're welcome to join. All of these people come from different ideological backgrounds, it's true. But they also come from different places. My friend Charlie Baker comes from the Northeast. He runs one of the bluest states in the country and he does it well. Tom Cotton is from Arkansas. He's in a red state in the south. And Mitt Romney is from the West. All of these different backgrounds are our party. We can let the media pick us apart for perceived idealogical differences, or we can work together to make this country stronger by competing everywhere and getting the conservative message out in every corner! We can do this, and we're doing it now. The alternative is the Democrats, who have a litmus test for everything and can only compete in blue states. Our future all three branches of the party, not just one. Because for all of our disagreements, we still are much more similar than we are different.

General Question # 2 : The recent hearings of Justice George C. Hanks that happened in June saw him get the same accusations that was lobbied against Justice Kavanaugh 5 years ago. Senator Romney was the only Republican Senator to vote against him due to these allegations. How do you feel about these allegations against Hanks and how would you make sure such a thing doesn’t happen again?

It's sad when this happens, because women should be able to come forward about their experiences. And when it happens in this way, you take credibility away from the survivors of sexual assault who come forward later. I am not going to say Ms. Alford is a liar, but when no-one else has seen the two of you interact, and there isn't anyone to back up your claims, you must understand that you coming forward as your accused assaulter is being nominated to the Supreme Court is a little suspicious. Obviously, if I am planning on nominating a Judge who has credible sexual assault allegations against them, there will be no nomination of this judge. However, there is no way to know whether or not one of these things will happen if you can't find any previous allegations or incidents.

Noem Question # 1 : Governor, you and Senator Jindal are practical unknowns to the party at wide. Because of that, will you be able to tell us your story and why we should elect you as President?

I was born in Watertown, South Dakota, I graduated from my high school in 1990 and won the South Dakota Snow Queen title. I went to Northern State University, and there I met and married the love of my life, my husband Bryon at age 20. Unfortunately, I had to leave school after my father was killed in an accident on our farm when I was just 22. I took out a loan to try and keep the farm running. It wasn't easy, and that loan really hurt us financially, but we did it. We even expanded by adding a hunting lodge and restaurant to the property. My entire family moved back to help after that. I tried to continue schooling, but I didn't get my BA until 2012. I started getting involved in Politics in 2006, when I was elected to the state house. In 2010, I decided to challenge an incumbent congresswoman who won with over 60 percent of the vote in 2008. We did it, and we won. I never won reelection to the house by less than 15 points. After that I ran for the governorship of my great state of South Dakota and became the first woman to govern my home state. I've been fighting for South Dakotans ever since. I hope you'll let me fight for you too. Thank you.

Noem Question # 2 : Governor, you represent the state of South Dakota, with 3 Electoral Votes. The state itself has little value in the general election and has gone to the Republican Nominee handedly since 2012. What will you bring to the Party’s ticket if you are the Nominee this fall?

Theres a lot of disregard for the middle of America. We're the "Flyover states", or "of little value" as you just said. We're overlooked, and disregarded. It's not just the midwest either. It's inner cities and their communities too. I know what this is like personally, too. Me and my husband taking out loans to keep my family's farm going following my fathers death. Becoming a Representative without a college degree, and being a woman in politics. It's hard to be overlooked. I know, and that's why I won't let anyone be overlooked when I'm president. I won't overlook you if you're in a deep red or blue state. Doesn't matter if its Nebraska or New York, who you look like, where your from or just who you were born as. The fact of the matter is I know what it means to be the one whose business is struggling, to be the one without a fancy college degree, and to be a woman in the boy's club of Washington. With me, you won't get someone from some big purple state, but that won't matter, because I'll go anywhere in this country just to hear you and what you have to say.

Closing Statements :
Thank you again, FOX and the University of South Carolina for having me. Im so happy I got this time to talk to you and share my ideas for America's future. I've worked hard for what I have in my life. if you told me in the weeks after my father's death, after I had just dropped out of college, I'd one day be governor of the state I loved so much I'd think you were nuts. But that I'm here today is part of why this country's so great, and proof it still is. I hope you'll consider supporting me in the upcoming primaries.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 09:15:22 PM »

Noem Campaign Schedule, August 2023

Noem touring Ellsworth Air Force Base, SD

Source:https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/20170519-OSEC-LSC-1145_%2834004533033%29.jpg/2560px-20170519-OSEC-LSC-1145_%2834004533033%29.jpg

August 1st: Kick off Rally in SD, then a tour of Ellsworth AFB followed by a speech on the importance of a strong military.

"We've seen attack on the rise in America from people like Boko Haram, San Fransisco was ground zero for one of these events, and we know that the strength of our military is such a cornerstone of our foreign policy. I've always been a proponent of the military in the House and as Governor, and I will be in the White House. You won't see us turn a blind eye to foreign opponents with me as President!"

August 2nd - 10th: Noem campaigns in Iowa with the Senators of the State, who have endorsed her, focusing on issues of Agriculture and subsidies.

"Iowa, I come here having been raised on a farm, and having run a farm after my father died. I know the struggles of farming, and how subsidies help families stay in the business that has provided for them for so long. The president hasn't been perfect on everything, I'll be the first to admit that, and something he's done that has really hurt agricultural communities has been his trade war with China.
I come to you with two great Iowans at my back. Joni Ernst and Pat Grassley are outstanding Senators and wants what best for this great state. They would not endorse me if they didn't think I was the best candidate to lead Iowa and this Great country into the next chapter of History. I have spent my life as a farmer, I've spent it as a college drop out, I've been an everyday Senator, I haven't been in Washington for my whole life, and I didn't let it change me. Unlike others, I've worked for what I've gained, and want to help others do it too..."

August 11 - 14th: Gov. Duties

August 15th - 20th: Second visit to Iowa, opening up more campaign HQs making stops across the Hawkeye state.

August 21st - 25th: Laying groundwork for NH campaign, by making stops and opening offices.

August 26th - 30th: Going to Nevada, making stops and attending LV fundraiser.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 06:38:53 PM »

BREAKING NEWS

TRUMP TWEET ON AUGUST 18TH, 2023 AT 4:25 pm

Media outlets cry foul at trump capitalizing Rats in Democrats, believing the President is secretly calling the Democratic Party rat infested in reference to all the minorities to the party. Major Republican officials have yet to comment on the tweet.
Noem for President Press release
The President's tweets are unproductive and in fact get in the way of improving the ills of our country by exploiting idealogical and social divides. A Noem administration will not attempt to attack people for their appearance or race, not only because it's a reprehensible thing to do, but because there are far more pressing issues facing this country, which I'd encourage our president to pay attention rather that attack enemies like this again. Tammy Duckworth is a veteran who lost a limb in combat, and for her to return to this country only to be attacked in such a way is shameful. Mr President, I know you can do better because I've seen it. So for all of our sakes, please do.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 12:50:32 PM »

NOEM 2024 SEPTEMBER SCHEDULE

September 1st - 5th: Tour of Iowa with Pat Grassley and Joni Ernst, focusing on Agriculture Policy

"I have lived on farms for my whole life. My state depends heavily on agriculture just as Iowa does. Something the Trump administration has failed on is helping our farmers. The trade wars and tariffs have hurt farmers in Iowa and across the country. I have been vocal about it as Governor and I will be vocal about protecting our farmers as President. I would ask all other candidates, especially Vice President Rubio, to commit to avoiding actions that would harm our farmers."

September 6th - 9th: Gov duties

September 10th - 15th: "Forgotten Communities Listening Tour"
Sept. 10th: Tour of inner city New York City
Sept. 11th: Miners in West Virginia
Sept. 12th: Veterans in Las Vegas, NV
Sept. 13th: Inner City Charleston, SC
Sept. 14th: Communities hit by opioid epidemic in NH
Sept. 15th: Small independent farmers in Iowa

September 16th - 20th: New Hampshire Tour

September 21st - 24th: Gov. Duties

September 25th - 29th: Campaign Swing through Iowa
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 11:24:54 PM »

Vice-President Rubio responds to Governor Noem in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Recently, Governor Noem has asked me to commit to avoiding actions that would harm farmers here in Iowa and across America. Well Governor of course I can assure you that I commit to do whatever it takes to protect the interests of our farmers and that's exactly why I have called for agricultural subsidies to keep America's agriculture industry strong, competitive and productive and to help farmers and agricultural communities to recover from the effects of the trade war with China and that's what I'm going to do as President of the United States. And that is also why I pledged to cut taxes and regulations on agricultural companies, farm businesses, on tractor companies and seed companies to reinforce their ability to innovate, to produce and to manufacture, which will not only create jobs but also give our consumers more access to food and to clothing, thus improving their living conditions and give farmers a decent chance to prosper.
I'd like to thank the Vice President for his commitment, but I specifically need to ask, will you continue the Trade War that has so negatively affected the Farmers of Iowa and my Home state?
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 01:48:20 PM »

SECOND REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY DEBATE

Source : https://www.glamour.com/story/recap-the-second-republican-de

Date : October 28th, 2023

Opening Statements : I'm running for President because I know what not being the richest is like, not being the best educated, and to have a small business being your livelihood. To live this way is what many Americans face, and yet this country is run by folks from elite schools and wealthy backgrounds. Too much of the time, politicians don't step out of fundraisers or backrooms to meet constituents and ask what they think. I've been to places where people don't normally go in campaigns. Safe red states, safe blue states, "flyover country" in my home state of South Dakota, and "poor inner cities" in the Bronx alike. I've been there, and I've listened. Sure, maybe these people don't have the money of the big dollar donors, or the fortune to live in battlegrounds where politicians will go and at least pretend to care about what they have to say, but they are Americans and need to be heard. They have important concerns that many in Congress don't hear because they're taken for granted. In the Bronx, New York, people care about crime, and in West Virginia people worry about Job loss and drug addiction. If you feel ignored, a vote for me is a vote to end that. Its time our government stops working for itself and starts working for the people.

General Question #1 : President Trump has recently recognized the Armenian Genocide and called out the nations of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan for Human Rights Abuses and harboring Osama Bin Laden, allowing him to strengthen ties with Iran, India, and Iraq into the proposed Tehran Pact, at the risk of losing influence in Turkey and the Latter two countries to Russia and China. How do you feel about what the President has done?

I think what the president did here was smart and necessary. The Armenian Genocide happened and it is important to say so. In addition, Saudi Arabia has abused human rights for years, particularly women and the gay community while also being very friendly to terrorist networks. Pakistan also has strong ties to terror groups. With friends like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, who needs enemies? Iran's government is now a friend to America, which is one of the greatest successes of the Trump administration. India and Iraq are countries with bright futures who are friendly as well, and are far more preferable then having to prop up failing human rights abusing countries who harbor terrorist cells. If we can pull this off successfully, which a Noem administration will, we could set our country on a much brighter path for the future.

General Question #2 : For many years, Trump’s tweets have been points of controversy for the party. He has tweeted many things that are considered insensitive, such as his tweet against against Democrats in August. How do you feel about the President’s tweets.

The President is a smart man who is very capable, but these tweets are setting his agenda so far back its not even funny. I think the President is very smart that he's been able to harness twitter to cut through the press spin and get his message to the American people. But too often the President uses Twitter to put out hurtful messages that distract and divide and that helps no one. I think they can be utilized better to ensure the American people get a more transparent and responsive government.

General Question #3 : This Question is just like the Third Question at the Democratic Debate. There is now fear from Democrats surfacing of Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer’s health, as his death could mean that Trump could place a seventh Justice on the Court, which could mean the Court would become a 7-2 Conservative Court. The President has waffled on whether or not he’ll offer a nominee if Breyer indeed dies after the Iowa Caucus, and U.S. Senators Dan Sullivan of Alaska, Rick Scott of Florida, Steve Daines of Montana, Ben Sasse of Nebraska, and Mitt Romney of Utah have indicated that if Trump brings a Nominee to the court during the election season, they will vote against a hearing until the next President is inaugurated, in which Romney and Scott wouldn’t even be in the Senate. How do you feel about this situation?

I feel that the confirmation process should be held to the same standard as it was in 2016. It wouldn't be fair if it wasn't. But that being said, I would make sure that we can win the 2024 election and can place a conservative judge on the court in 2025. Thats really all there is to say. We need to hold ourselves to the same standards we held Democrats to.

General Question #4 : The Republicans have held the White House for eight years, thus making many believe that the political pendulum will swing for the Democrats to win in November of this year. There are others who believe that the Republican will win the election this year and become the next President, thus giving 12 years of Republican rule of the White House. How will you campaign to make the election as tight as possible and perhaps even win it despite the odds being against your party?

I'm not here to have a close election, I'm here to win. We need someone who is willing to leave the confines of "traditional Republican voters" and I can do that. I think we need a ticket that can crack Democratic Strangleholds on urban and minority voters. We need someone who is willing to care and listen. When I went into inner cities in my Forgotten Communities tour, so many people told me I was wasting my time. "These people don't vote in Republican Primaries and they certainly don't vote for Republicans in the General." Thats what I was told. But I went, and people came and listened to me. And I listened to them. People came to me talking about Crime, Drug addiction, and Taxes. We had productive conversations and I'm glad I went, talking to people from different people from different places really opened up my eyes and I think we need to do it more often, because we usually see our party write people in cities off. The care about crime, and their taxes are too high too. We just need to let them know we care.

General Question #5 : This Question is just like the fifth Question at the Democratic Debate. Next Month, in November, the states of Kentucky, Louisiana, and Mississippi will vote for their next Governor and Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear is in danger against Former Republican Lieutenant Governor Jeneane Hampton, who leads in most polls 50-44, and Louisiana is looking to be an already called race with State Senator Jean-Paul Morrell trailing U.S. Senator John Neely Kennedy, who has pledged himself to a single term if elected, in recent polls 57-31 in the race to replace outgoing Governor John Bel Edwards, while Mississippi Governor Jim Hood, with an Approval in the 60s, leads his opponent, Republican Lieutenant Governor Delbert Hoseman, in recent polls 58-38. Also, in Utah’s 4th Congressional District, the citizens of the district will vote between State Senators Deidre Henderson and Luz Escamilla to replace Incumbent U.S. Senator Mia Love in the House, with Henderson leading Escamilla 51-47 in recent polls. Which races are the most important to you and how will make sure the Republican Candidate wins them?

I believe supporting Hampton in Kentucky and State Sen. Henderson is vital to our party, not only because they are important races, both in terms of our parties short and long term success. Kentucky is a strongly Republican state and we need to keep it that way. Utah's 4th District is one of those suburban seats we need to win nationally for control house and ultimately the presidency. Not only that, but both would help diversify this party. America is diversifying and so should our party. I feel so strongly about these races importance I will be making appearances with both Lieutenant Governor Hampton and State Senator Henderson myself in the coming month.

Kristi Noem Question #1 : Governor, if you achieve the Nomination, you would be the first Woman to win the Republican Nomination in the Party’s history. Many have floated Michigan Senator John James as a potential running mate of yours should you get the Republican Nomination, which would make him the first African American Running Mate in the party’s history. How do you feel about this very suggestion as of right now?

John is a phenomenal senator, and a great friend. I would never finalize a VP pick so early into the nominating process, but John is an excellent pick for the unique story and insight he would bring to the ticket. John is a great communicator for our party and would do fantastic on the campaign trail and on the debate stage. I would be proud to call John my Vice President should I be elected.

Kristi Noem Question #2 : Governor, You clashed with President Trump on Twitter in August and because of this, some of his more ardent supporters that liked you support DeSantis now. How will you attempt to win those supporters back and gain more as time goes on?

The President and I have much more in common than not. I just believe that the president was acting against the countries best interests by making offensive tweets that hurt more than heal. I'm not going to take anything back. But all I will say is that a Noem administration will be focused on helping Americans by slashing taxes and keeping government out of Americans lives. I would use Twitter to listen to Americans than use it to hurl insults.

Closing Statement : Have you ever been counted out? Or demeaned, we don't need more of the people doing the demeaning in Government. I came in to the House after knocking an Incumbent off, and was written off as unqualified, both by my opponent and the media afterwards. Why? I ran a small business and was a member of the State House for 4 years, but nope I was unqualified because I didn't have a college degree. I was putting myself through college while I was a congresswoman because I had to drop out after my father died when I was younger, and was mocked as the "worlds most powerful intern for it." I won't look at your address, education level or bank account before talking to you, I'll look at you.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 03:46:04 PM »

NOEM 2024 Schedule
*sorry this ones short Im super busy starting college.
Also, are we getting state polling?

October 2nd - 9th: RV Tour of Iowa from Sioux City to Davenport

October 10th - 14th: Gov Duties

October 15th - 19th: Campaigning across New Hampshire on holding Pharmaceutical companies responsible for the opioid crisis

October 20th - 22nd: Campaigning for Gubernatorial candidate Jenean Hampton in Kentucky

October 23rd - 25th: Campaigning with Congressional candidate Deirdre Henderson in Utah's 4th district

October 26th - 30th: Return to Iowa for more campaigning

NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 02:48:33 PM »

NOEM 2024 Schedule

Nov. 1st - 3rd: Tour of Delaware, opening regional offices and meeting Delaware voters.

Nov. 4th - 11th: Weeklong bus tour of Iowa with Grassley and Ernst. Touting Noem's success governing an agricultural state like Iowa.

Nov. 12th - 16th: Gov duties

Nov. 17th - 21st: New Hampshire Swing, speech on Gun Rights and visiting hunters in Northern NH

Nov. 22nd - 27th: Campaigning break for Thanksgiving

Nov. 28th - 30th: Delaware campaigning
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 03:06:28 PM »

NOEM AD: EVERYDAY PEOPLE
To air in Iowa, New Hampshire and Delaware

Hi, I'm Kristi Noem. I know you hear politicians say this all the time, but I grew up in a normal family, and never once did I think id have a resume that included Governor, Congresswoman, or Presidential Candidate.

When I entered Congress, I didn't have a college degree. I had to drop out of school after my father died to help run the family business. I was looked down upon, called "DC's most powerful intern", but I didn't let it faze me. So long after I originally left college after tragedy, I completed my degree and was elected as the first female Governor of South Dakota.

During my time as Governor, I have spent my time protecting South Dakotan's Second Amendment rights, cutting waste and government spending and taking tax burdens off of everyday people. If you want someone who will bring these principles to DC and knows what its like to not have the best education, or carry debt, or own a small business, consider voting for me, Kristi Noem.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 10:20:38 AM »

NOEM '24 December Schedule

December 1st- 9th: Touring IA with new congressional endorsers and Senators Ernst and Grassley

December 10th - 14th: Gov. duties

December 15th - 24th:Midwest Tour

December 15th - 17th: Touring Minnesota on campaign swing through midwest

December 18th - 19th: Touring Rural Wisconsin and factory outside Green Bay

December 20th - 21st: Speeches in Grand Rapids and Detroit, MI

December 22nd & 23rd: Toledo, OH and Cleveland

December 24th: Pittsburgh and Philly stops

December 25th & 26th: Campaign hold for Christmas

December 27th - 29th: Campaigning in New Hampshire with Rep. Edwards

December 30th & 31st: Return to Iowa, New Years Eve Party, "Celebrate the New Year by Supporting a New Generation of American Leadership"
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2019, 05:49:41 PM »

THIRD REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY DEBATE

Opening Statements :

General Question #1 : The vote to either replace the Elephant with the Lion as the GOP’s Symbol or keep the elephant as the party symbol has been finished and in a result that stunned many, the Lion won the result easily. Many establishment Republicans, like Mitt Romney and Will Hurd have been enraged by this vote, stating that the Republican Party has become a party of cultists while Trumpists, such as Kris Kobach and Ron Desantis have applauded the result, stating the party needed a change of pace. What is your personal opinion on the vote?

Look, I was preferable to the elephant, it's been our logo for years, but we should respect our voters wishes, the fact that this is even being debated is ridiculous, we let the people decide that should be the end of it. I think we need to worry more about how to get the economy moving, and keep America strong at home and abroad and less on an issue we've already settled.

General Question #2 : On January 8th, Rojava has been able to convince its insurgents in Iraq, Syria, and Iran, to agree to a ceasefire though Turkey has refused to participate in any negotiations and continues fighting. What is your reaction to this announcement from Rojava and how would you deal with the situation and the other one involving Turkey?

I am so glad that we've been able to broker a ceasefire. This is what American diplomacy should be. We've defended freedom and saved lives by intervening to stop bloodshed. America cant close itself in a bubble. We'd be wrong to do so, and President Trump's ceasefire is a great pathway to success to stability in the region. Turkey, however has recently become a much more antagonistic country. They need to change their behavior or face the consequences. We cant be allied to a country that so actively opposed our attempts to bring peace and stability to the Middle East.

General Question #3 : On January 10th, Russian Presidential Candidate Sergei Polonskyhas, who currently leads his two biggest opponents, has announced favoritism to a Republican governed United States, causing him to be called a puppet of President Trump by House Minority Whip Eric Swawell. How do you feel about the Businessman’s statements?

The businessman is entitled to his opinion, as we all are, but if he expects to get preferential treatment for his opinions than he is wrong. I hope to have friendly relations with Russia during my presidency, but we need Russia to understand that they cannot act in destabilizing ways, and I would implore Russia to become friendly with the US regardless of who the next president is.

General Question #4 : On January 3rd, Supreme Leader, who had his office reorganized into President of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea on January 7th, has stated that elections will be held to determine the Vice President and Parliament of the country to help continue in his reforms. Of the Three newly formed parties, the SRK/HUNG party is the most reform and western friendly of the party. How do you feel about these announcements?

I am obviously thankful for the democratic reforms in North Korea, and I hope that eventually the country can be a cooperative friend of the United States of America. We need to encourage the North Korean president to continue his changes to the country. We need to ensure the stability of East Asia and we are close to doing so, an open, democratic North Korea would go a long way.

General Question #5 : On January 7th, 9th, and Yesterday respectively, the leaders of the United Kingdom, France, and Canada stated they had a vested interest in securing a trade union between themselves and the United with the leaders of Australia and New Zealand stating they themselves have an interest as well. President Trump stated he would like to discuss terms with all of these countries in one group to discuss a new trade deal that would work for all of them. As President, what would be the largest points of interest you would bring up in these talks and how would you go about them?

My two most important interests would be protecting our farmers and those in the manufacturing industry. Both are very vulnerable groups when it comes to trade, and we must make sure that we don't harm such important and productive parts of our economy. We need to help our farmers by helping them find markets to sell their products to. We can't ignore people just because they aren't represented in Washington, I know because I wasn't represented by Washington, so I went there and changed it myself. Not everyone can do that, so I'd just say, vote for candidates who will change things, I dropped out of college to save my family business, and I entered Congress with out a college degree. I've always been underestimated, sometimes for my gender, or my education level, but I worked hard, and I could have never imagined it would take me here, to this debate stage. This is the American dream. I've been blessed with the ability to be speaking to you tonight, and I'm running to give everyone a taste of the American Dream.

General Question #6 : There has been a recent upsurge in the number of dictatorships rising up across the globe, with the main ones currently being Brazil, Italy, Hungary, Argentina, and Greece. President Trump has remained quiet on the issue but many are wondering how you stand on this news and what would you do to make sure the rise of dictatorships stops quickly?

These dictatorships are disturbing, as is the President's lack of concern, under a Noem administration, we won't be afraid to condemn the abuses of Human rights we're seeing across the globe, because America leads best when it leads by example. Condemnation and sanctions can be effective in stopping dictatorships, and more importantly, deterring future would be dictators. We are a nation that stands on the principles of freedom, democracy and equality, it's time we start acting like it.

General Question #7 : This Primary season has been contentious, with you three being the remains of what was once a packed field. Due to this, many are curious about this simple question : Will you endorse the Nominee once they have been decided? If you recall this same question was asked 8 years ago and all but one Candidate, who is now the current President, stated they would endorse the Nominee with only one, former Ohio Governor John Kasich, not following up on the pledge once Trump was Nominated. Right here, right now, in front of millions at home, do all of you swear to wholeheartedly support and campaign for the eventual Nominee, even if it isn’t yourself, in the general election?

I will proudly take the pledge to support the party nominee. We need to stand united in November if we are to take on the Democrats. We need to be unified to ensure that we can cut spending and government interference in American's lives in January. No one on this stage can win in November on their own, and if they are telling you that, they're lying. We need the nominee to have the support of the Party. We need to stand together, because this election is important. I will support the nominee regardless, but I am the only candidate who can win big. I'm the only candidate polling close to the Democrats right now. I will work to close that gap, even if I'm not the nominee, but I can win this election, in the way that will lift our candidates down ballot up as well. We need to win the presidency, but we also need to win other federal and local elections. I can help to boost candidates who can enter congress, or state legislatures and help us make everyday American's lives easier and more prosperous.

Kristi Noem Question #1 : Governor, during your time in the House of Representatives, you voted for higher taxes and fees 57 times as well as leading an effort that raised Agricultural Property taxes to $135,000,000. What is your reasoning for this?

When I cast that vote, South Dakota's budget was in huge trouble. We needed money, and when I supported that bill, I also supported cutting the state budget, and reducing waste. What my opponents on stage won't tell you is that sometimes, you need to raise taxes. I can't promise you the impossible, and say that I won't raise taxes. It's not true, and it's not fair to you, the American people for me to lie to you like that. What I can promise, is that if I ever do need to raise taxes, I will tell you why I'm raising them, and will cut government spending as well. I know this isn't the smartest move politically, but I don't care, because this is about honestly, and if I need to lie my way to the presidency, then I won't do it. I'm not saying I want to raise your taxes, and I'm not saying that I will. I just don't want to make promises I cannot keep. Thank you for hearing me out.

Kristi Noem Question #2 : Governor, this second question is not dissimilar to the Vice President’s, though it is somewhat different. What is your favorite movie of all time and why do you like it so much? Feel free to insert and answer your own question if need be.

Maybe a weird pick, but I've always liked Jurassic Park (laughs). My kids always loved it and watching it with them is such a special memory. It's a good movie, but the memories are what make it my favorite.

Closing Statement : Now, this closing statement will be different from the previous ones. On February 5th, the Republicans of Iowa will go to their local Caucus centers and support the Candidate they like the most. This your last time to state why you believe the voters of Iowa should support and vote for you. All of you have 60 second on the clock.

I know I can win this election. I just need a chance. I've been underestimated many times before, but I know the people of Iowa know what that's like to be overlooked or underestimated. Both Iowa and my home state have been called flyover country, or have been over looked. In a Noem administration, there won't be flyover country, red states or blue states, I will meet you where you are and try to win your vote. Everyone's votes count to me. And people know I'm the stronger candidate to take on the Democrats in November, just look at the polling. I will work hard for each and everyone of your votes. Because your voices matter. Thank you.

[/quote]
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 03:20:33 AM »

NOEM 2024 Schedule up to Iowa

January 2nd - 10th: Week-long Tour of Iowa with surrogates, Sens. Grassley and Ernst, as well as all of Iowa's House delegation.

"Polls are showing Kristi is the only candidate who can take the Democrats down in November. We can't afford the set back of taxes, regulation, and the curbing of our constitutional rights that we see when Democrats take power. We simply can't afford that. If you want to stop Democrats from holding us back for four years, caucus for Noem in February. I love Iowa, and I would never endorse anyone who I didn't think would best represent the interests of Iowa. My friend Kristi has a strong record when it comes to cutting taxes, government spending, and listening to both her urban and rural constituents. She will be a president for all Iowans, and more importantly, all Americans!"
- Joni Ernst introducing Kristi Noem at a Sioux City rally on January 7th

January 11th -15th: Tour of SC with endorsers Nikki Haley and Tim Scott

January 16th - 19th: Campaigning in NH with Eddie Edwards

January 20th - 27th: Weeklong Campaign swing across Delaware

January 28th - February 5th: Final Swing around Iowa with the State's Congressional Delegation focusing on organization and GOTV efforts.

Endorser's Schedules:

Iowa Congressional Delegations: Criss-crossing the state, making on the ground and media appearances to boost Gov. Noem's campaign. Noem's endorsers will also pool their impressive resources in the state to boost Governor Noem's GOTV organization.

Nikki Haley: Haley will mostly spend the month crossing the state of South Carolina, using her status as a popular two-term governor to boost Governor Noem's candidacy in the state. However, she will also use her status as a respected and popular leader in the Republican party at large, and make stops in NH and DE as a Noem surrogate as well.

Tim Scott: The SC Senator will also be campaigning in the state to help Gov. Noem, as well as marshaling his resources in the state to assist the Noem campaign's GOTV operation.

Eddie Edwards: Like the other endorsers, Edwards will be making stops across his home state to help Noem win it, while also leading the efforts of the Noem campaign's operations using his base of resources and his knowledge of the state's politics.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 03:08:18 PM »

January 2nd - 10th: Week-long Tour of Iowa with surrogates, Sens. Grassley and Ernst, as well as all of Iowa's House delegation.

"Polls are showing Kristi is the only candidate who can take the Democrats down in November. We can't afford the set back of taxes, regulation, and the curbing of our constitutional rights that we see when Democrats take power. We simply can't afford that. If you want to stop Democrats from holding us back for four years, caucus for Noem in February. I love Iowa, and I would never endorse anyone who I didn't think would best represent the interests of Iowa. My friend Kristi has a strong record when it comes to cutting taxes, government spending, and listening to both her urban and rural constituents. She will be a president for all Iowans, and more importantly, all Americans!"

January 11th -15th: Tour of SC with endorsers Nikki Haley and Tim Scott

January 28th - February 5th: Final Swing around Iowa with the State's Congressional Delegation focusing on organization and GOTV efforts.

Endorser's Schedules:

Iowa Congressional Delegations: Criss-crossing the state, making on the ground and media appearances to boost Gov. Noem's campaign. Noem's endorsers will also pool their impressive resources in the state to boost Governor Noem's GOTV organization.

Nikki Haley: Haley will mostly spend the month crossing the state of South Carolina, using her status as a popular two-term governor to boost Governor Noem's candidacy in the state. However, she will also use her status as a respected and popular leader in the Republican party at large, and make stops in NH and DE as a Noem surrogate as well.

Tim Scott: The SC Senator will also be campaigning in the state to help Gov. Noem, as well as marshaling his resources in the state to assist the Noem campaign's GOTV operation.

Eddie Edwards: Like the other endorsers, Edwards will be making stops across his home state to help Noem win it, while also leading the efforts of the Noem campaign's operations using his base of resources and his knowledge of the state's politics.

As you may see in the previous pages, Haley actually endorsed Rubio.
Oh my mistake! There must have been a mixup!
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 03:10:20 PM »

January 11th -15th: Tour of SC with endorser Tim Scott

Endorser's Schedules:

NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2019, 01:57:25 AM »

Kristi Noem Iowa Victory Speech

Thank you, Iowa!

I not only want to thank the fantastic people of Iowa for trusting me enough to give me their support to be the Republican nominee, I also want to thank everyone who has believed in this campaign, everyone who took their time to volunteer, or donate, or even just listen to me speak.

If I could go back in time, to when I dropped out of college to support my family business, and tell me that I would be standing here today as the victor of the Iowa caucuses, as well as the most electable candidate for the Republican Party to put forward, I would have never believed you. I came from humble roots, and I won't forget that, I never have. Together, we can make change in this country. Together, we can win this election. But this isn't just about winning its about governing, and we need someone who has a strong governing track record. I would not be running if I did not believe I was that person.

And I am honored Iowa agrees! Thank you and good night!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies