A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:41:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 61051 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« on: August 28, 2019, 08:31:44 PM »

Tammy Duckworth August Campaign Schedule Part I

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/DI_Holiday_121218_%2898_of_122%29_%2831356769847%29.jpg/800px-DI_Holiday_121218_%2898_of_122%29_%2831356769847%29.jpg

August 1-7th:

Campaign launch in Chicago

Town halls in collar counties, focusing on the suburbs that have been shifting left under Trump

Open campaign HQ in Peoria, meeting with volunteers

Cross over to Davenport, IA holding a rally with supporters there

Town Halls in Iowa City and Cedar Rapids

Rally in Dubuque

August 8-12th:

Join Rally in Concord, NH with Senator Maggie Hassan

"I'm here today to endorse the run of my friend, Tammy Duckworth! In 2016, when it seemed like there was very little to be hopeful about, I remained resolute due to the record number of women elected in the Senate. I remain proud to be in the same Senate class as Tammy, and I'm so grateful for her continued service to our country. Tammy is a fighter, she has never backed down from a challenge, and has worked to institute real change in her time in Washington. She has shown that she can lead this country, tackling issues like veterans affairs reform, increasing the minimum wage, and implementing a paid family leave program that will close the wage gap."

Town halls in Laconia, Woodstock, and Labanon

Tour of farms in northern NH, holding meet and greets with supporters

Open campaign office in Manchester, meeting with volunteers and staffers before holding a rally

August 13-16th:

Joint Rally with Senator Catherine Cortez Masto in Reno, NV

Digital town halls in rural NV, allowing access to the candidate to extend to the less populous parts of the state

Rally in Las Vegas on raising the minimum wage

Town halls across Clark county on immigration, the importance of unions, and green energy
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 10:08:16 PM »

Tammy Duckworth August Campaign Schedule Part II

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018/04/09/Illinois-Duckworth-becomes-first-senator-to-give-birth-while-in-office/9071523296951/

August 17-20th:

Campaign stops in California, touring Orange county, Los Angeles, and San Diego, holding town halls about immigration and ending family separation

August 21-31st:

Campaign swings back to Iowa, partaking in a bus tour from Sioux City to Cedar Rapids, with many stops for town halls and meet and greets in rural communities. In Sioux City, Fort Dodge, Des Moines, Waterloo, and Cedar Rapids Duckworth held rallies on rural development, including access to broadband and expanding healthcare coverage and how it would help areas like Iowa and southern Illinois.

"Communities like this one, like the ones back home in rural Illinois, have been forgotten. We've long gotten empty promises and platitudes, but no follow through. That's why I have rolled out a comprehensive rural development plan that focuses on actually delivering solutions to people, rather than only showing up to win votes. As President, I will focus on getting us to universal broadband access by investing in infrastructure, laying the fiber required to extend internet access to all Americans. I will also work to getting us to absolute, universal healthcare, by not just building upon the ACA, but by expanding Medicare for everyone who would like to buy into it. That is a plan that is not only good for the people of your fine state or mine, but for all of us."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 06:18:35 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Responds to Trump's Tweet

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 08:13:14 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Debate Responses

Opening Statement:

"Thank you so much to our moderators, and everyone in the audience and at home who is tuning in to this debate. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Tammy Duckworth, I have served this country in the Army, in Illinois' VA, and in Congress. I'm running for President because I believe that there's a future worth fighting for. I believe that universal healthcare is within our reach, that we can work together to fight climate change, and that our man made border crisis can be addressed. President Trump has served to divide us, he has focused on wedge issues instead of the kitchen table issues that keep Americans up at night. As President, I will fight for solutions for those very issues, not more of the same partisanship and division."

General Question # 1 : It is obvious that the Democrats are no fan of President Trump, as they have opposed him almost lockstep throughout his presidency. However, most of the electorate is interested : Are there any of you who believe that President Trump did some good and what are the good things that he did that you hope to continue?

"It's no secret that I have very publicly disagreed with the President on many issues over his two terms. I have opposed his efforts to take away healthcare from hard working Americans, to separate children from their parents, and to strip women and LGBTQ people of their rights. If I'm being completely honest, the only major area where we have much of an agreement is on working to democratize foreign dictatorships, however, I will publicly denounce strongmen and dictators, which this President has refused to do."

General Question # 2 : In June of this year, there was an attempt from the Democratic Party to stop the appointment of former Texas Justice and now Associate Justice George C. Hanks to the Supreme Court due to Sexual Assault allegations that are now being looked at thoroughly. As President, what will you do with the Supreme Court when considering these allegations and the ones laid against Brett Kavanaugh?

"I have a simple solution to what is a simple problem, I will vet any nominees to ensure they have not committed sexual assault. The idea that these women came forward for political purposes is absurd. They had their lives upended by public hearings, by accusations of lying. We must believe survivors, and work hard to be sure that those who serve lifetime sentences on the highest court in the country are held to high standards."

Closing Statements :

"I'm so proud to be standing here on this stage tonight. I love this country, and I believe it's worth fighting for. We can make the future better for our sons and daughters through raising our education standards, getting internet access to every American, and by passing common sense gun laws to keep our children safe. Those are the priorities that I want to push through as your President. Americans are ready to move past the division and regression and toward a better future. That's what our country needs as we stand at this all too important crossroad."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 06:43:36 PM »

Tammy Duckworth September Campaign Schedule

September 1-4th:

Tammy Duckworth tours Eastern Iowa, holding rallies in Davenport, Bettendorf, and Clinton. Along the way, the campaign held events in the more suburban areas in between the larger urban areas. During this stretch, Duckworth highlighted her commitment to paid family leave and reproductive rights.

September 5-8th:

Tammy Duckworth returns to DC for Senate duties, and will continue to travel back to participate in key votes. The Senator will use this time to reintroduce the Equality Act.

September 9-16th:

The Duckworth campaign travels to New Hampshire, spending all of the Senator's spare time holding a listening tour of the state, speaking with communities impacted by automation and the opioid epidemic. The Senator holds a joint rally with Maggie Hassan, highlighting Duckworth's plan to make community college free, and to cancel student loan debt for people making under $250k a year. On September 11th, the Senator attends a 9/11 memorial in New York, taking the day off the campaign trail.

September 17-23rd:

Tammy Duckworth splits her time between DC and Delaware, holding a joint rally with Lisa Blunt Rochester in Wilmington on the need for better infrastructure and a national light rail system. Duckworth holds events in public schools across Delaware, promising to keep education funds in the public school systems, and pledges to name a public school teacher as the Education Secretary.

September 24-30th:

During the final week of September, Duckworth held events across Nevada and California. Beginning in Nevada, the Senator held a joint rally in Las Vegas with Catherine Cortez Masto, highlighting the need for stronger unions and a higher minimum wage. Duckworth toured solar power plants in the state, speaking with workers on the economic impact of green energy. In California, Duckworth focused on the bay area, holding a joint rally in San Francisco with Gavin Newsom. During this rally, Newsom touted Duckworth's support of raising the minimum wage, and publicly funded elections.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 09:40:38 PM »

Tammy Duckworth MSNBC Interview

Question #1 : First Senator Duckworth, thanks for coming on. Now then, on with our first question. Senator, if nominate, you would be the Third Woman Nominee for the Democratic Party in a row. However, the last two nominees, Clinton in 2016 and Warren in 2020, couldn't defeat Donald Trump. How do you believe you are different enough to defeat Donald Trump's Successor For the Republican Nomination. As a bonus, it's a possibility that Governor Noem of South Dakota could become the Republican Nominee, making her the first woman nominee of the Republican Party. What are your thoughts on the scenario this would present?

"Thank you so much for having me. With all due respect, I’m my own candidate. We democrats did pretty well the last time we nominated a Midwesterner, and I plan on running a positive campaign about the issues keeping Americans up at night. I believe it’s better for our country and our party to have nominees that represent our constituents, and I welcome the Republican Party finally moving in that direction."

2. Senator, This is perhaps the most conservative judicial branch in American History thanks to all the appointments Trump made to not just the Supreme Court but also the District Courts throughout his tenure, and this has made many Democrats afraid of what will happen next. Some Democrats, such as Senator Gillibrand and Representative Buttigieg, have endorsed the idea of packing the court with Liberal judges, but other dems, such as Senator King and Representative Crist have called the ideas dangerous and even justices Sotomayor and Kagan have stated that they will oppose any such ideas if attempted. How do you feel about the current court system and how will you handle these crisis. If possible, who might you appoint to the court, as both previously mentioned Justices are considering retirement soon?

"I, like many Americans, believe that the Court is in dire need of reform to keep reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, and the rights of people of color safe from assaults on them from this conservative bench. I do not believe that court packing is the best answer, as it starts a dangerous precedent that a demagogue like Trump could take advantage of. We need to look at cyclical terms for the Supreme Court, as the country gets more divided and our life expectancies get longer, we need to take a serious look at rethinking lifetime appointments to the federal bench."

3. Recently, President Trump has called out Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and Turkey for all their actions that have delegitimize american interests abroad. Do you agree with what President Trump has done and why?

"Foreign policy by tweet is dangerous, full stop. We can not have a President who puts our men and women on the front lines in serious danger with a flippant statement. Our international relationships are complex and nuanced, and require a scalpel, not a sledgehammer. That’s what America will get under my administration, someone who is tough, but considers the implications of her actions, as the President should do."

4. Senator, many are wondering who would be your running mate if you were to get the nomination. Of course, that is quite a ways away from now but just for the sake of the question, who would be your top 12 potential choices for a running mate?

"I will say, coming from the Senate, I pledge to not jeopardize our standing by picking someone who will be replaced by a Republican. My very early, very long list includes all of my fellow Democrats running this year, Connor Lamb, Cal Cunningham, Michelle Lujan Grisham, Cory Booker, Maggie Hassan, Tim Walz, Andy Beshear, Ruben Gallego, and Gavin Newsom. Now, that doesn’t mean it’s limited to that group, but they all would add quite a lot to a presidential ticket."

5. Alright, so this is our final question and it'll be extremely quick. Recently, Congress passed the Veterans to Protect the Youth Act which allows mentally fit veterans (Around 4-5 per school) to protect the school, aiding police officers inside the school in the case of a School Shooting. This is perhaps the first Bill to get all Senators and all but 4 Representatives to vote on it, making it perhaps the first solid case of bipartisanship I have ever seen in this country. Why did you and all your colleagues vote in favor and how do you feel about the idea as a general policy?

"I can only speak for myself, and how I vote, but I believe this is a necessity in our era. Our children are terrified to go to school, our police officers are facing assault weapons like the one I was trained to use in the army, and our streets have become as dangerous as a war zone, with more Americans killed by gun violence than war over the past 60 years. If Republicans continue to avoid common sense measures like strengthening background checks, banning weapons of war, and closing the boyfriend loophole, the least they can do is provide security through people like me who have volunteered to put their lives on the line for this country, rather than some ridiculous idea like arming teachers."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 10:13:16 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Debate Answers

Opening statement:

I stand before you today as someone who loves her country. It's that love that pushed me into service in the Army, then in Congress, and now to run for President. I believe we are better than what we've seen the past 8 years, that we can both love our country and fix what is not working within it. I stand before you today, quite literally, because of the quality healthcare I received after losing my legs. Americans deserve that same quality of care, whether they are deployed or here at home. It's not acceptable that the wealthiest country in the world allows its people to go broke just because they got sick. As your President, I will work to make sure that this stops now.

General Question #1 : Recently, there has been an upsurge in support of Court Packing from members of the party, such as Indiana Congressman Pete Buttigieg and New Mexico Senator Ben Ray Lujan, in order to balance the court or liberalize the court. However, more moderate Democrats, such as Maine Senator Angus King and Montana Congressman Tom Winter, has stated that while the idea sounds good on paper, it’ll do nothing but energize the Republicans more than the Democrats in this election cycle. How do you stand on the issue and why do you have that feeling?

I've spoken against court packing in the past, and I stand by my opposition. More than energize Republicans, court packing would be weld by them in order to ensure their majority. If we have learned anything from this administration, it should be that the powers of the Presidency come with much weight, and they can be abused by bad actors in office. We can not rely on the good nature of our counterparts in order for an idea to be viable, we have to create real reform to the Courts. That means cyclical terms for Justices, ensuring each President has her turn using the power of appointment, and that the rights of people around the nation do not hinge on one progressive Justice's health.

General Question #2 : The Passing of the Local Fundraising Act, which only allows funds for campaigning for Governor, House, or Senate from that state or district and not elsewhere, has been called a thinly veiled attempt of Republicans trying to halt fundraising for Democratic Candidate while Republicans have argued that if a candidate is popular, they won’t need to have the funds from States like California and Massachusetts. How do you feel about the act and why?

Republicans don't believe any one wealthy person can donate too much money, but believe that too many people can donate at the grassroots level. I believe this is a backwards way to look at elections. I've long said that there is too much dark money in our politics, but to think that energy on the ground is the problem is laughable. The true problem is that many politicians are funded by corporations, not the people, and that's why my campaign has rejected corporate PAC funding. As President, I will be exploring public funding for elections to even the playing field, and reducing the influence of money in our elections.
General Question #3 : There is now fear surfacing of Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer’s health, as his death could mean that Trump could place a seventh Justice on the Court, which could mean the Court would become a 7-2 Conservative Court. The President has waffled on whether or not he’ll offer a nominee if Breyer indeed dies after the Iowa Caucus, and U.S. Senators Dan Sullivan of Alaska, Rick Scott of Florida, Steve Daines of Montana, and Mitt Romney of Utah have indicated that if Trump brings a Nominee to the court during the election season, they will vote against a hearing until the next President is inaugurated, in which Romney and Scott wouldn’t even be in the Senate. How do you feel about this situation?

In 2015, Mitch McConnell decided that Supreme Court nomination hearings can not take place during an election year, beginning a precedent. Donald Trump was not opposed to this then, and even used it as a rallying cry for voters put off by his racist rhetoric, and he should absolutely not nominate someone in an election year. I hope my colleagues in the Senate hold Donald Trump to the same standard that President Obama was held to. This issue further illuminates the fact that we need reform in our court systems. Lifetime appointments mean something very different now compared to when our founders were around, and the Supreme Court needs term limits that are cycled for each seat, that way the diversity of experience is still recognized.

General Question #4 : In 2016, Trump won the electoral college but lost the popular vote and because of that, there was a large movement to abolish the Electoral College. However, in 2020, Trump won both the Electoral College and the Popular Vote and ever since, the movement has been stagnating in popularity. Do you think the Electoral College should be abolished? Why do you feel that way?

Yes, the Electoral College should be abolished. The Electoral College has gone against the will of the people twice in my lifetime, and very well could again in this election. Its continued existence reinforces the belief that the system isn't fair, and that elites are pulling the strings, as literal elected elites are casting the true ballot for the President of the United States. The power to decide the future of this country belongs to the people, not some individuals hand picked by state parties.

General Question #5 : Next Month, in November, the states of Kentucky, Louisiana, and Mississippi will vote for their next Governor and Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear is in danger against Former Republican Lieutenant Governor Jeneane Hampton, who leads in most polls 50-44, and Louisiana is looking to be a distant race with State Senator Jean-Paul Morrell trailing U.S. Senator John Neely Kennedy, who has pledged himself to a single term if elected, in recent polls 57-31 in the race to replace outgoing Governor John Bel Edwards, while Mississippi Governor Jim Hood, with an Approval in the 60s, leads his opponent, Republican Lieutenant Governor Delbert Hoseman, in recent polls 58-38. Also, in Utah’s 4th Congressional District, the citizens of the district will vote between State Senators Deidre Henderson and Luz Escamilla to replace Incumbent U.S. Senator Mia Love in the House, with Henderson leading Escamilla 51-47 in recent polls. Which races are the most important to you and how will make sure the Democratic Candidate wins them?

I believe all of these races are important, along with the legislative elections in Virginia. I fully intend to support Democrats in each of these races, and to show up wherever I can be helpful. I have and will continue to hold events with the candidates in these races, run ads in their support, and raise money for them. It is paramount that Democrats hold Kentucky and Mississippi, as the governor of each of those states has immense ability to veto radical legislation that comes out of the legislature, as well as keeping schools fully funded and teachers paid fairly.

Tammy Duckworth Question #1 : Senator, if you win the Nomination and the election, you would be the first woman President and the first Iraq War Veteran President,meaning you ascending would be a tremendous honor for everyone.Yet many believe you aren’t ready for the job and many have silent thoughts that a woman is too emotional to be President. How do you respond to these statements?

In 2004, I was in the middle of getting my PhD, when I was deployed to Iraq. There, a grenade fired by insurgents took down my Blackhawk helicopter, causing me to lose both of my legs. Since then, I have dedicated my life to public service, spearheading the change to allow babies on the Senate floor, making airports more accessible to parents, and giving veterans support to start small businesses. I would take my experience and resume over that of the current President's any day.

Tammy Duckworth Question #2 : Despite entering the race as a relative unknown nation-wide, you have quickly made a name for yourself has been able to tie with Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown in many polls. What do you think is the key to your current success?

I believe my campaign is resonating because voters are hungry for a candidate that speaks to voters in the Midwest. Beyond being from a Midwestern state, a focus on progressive pragmatism, results oriented politics, and real, impactful reforms are what Democratic voters are looking for. Those values are the foundation for my campaign, and why I'm running for President. It's time to expand the ACA, allowing Medicare for those who want it, reforms to the courts, and a serious focus on infrastructure, including a broadband for all plan and a green jobs program.

Closing statement:

I'd like to thank the moderators, CNN, and Boston University for hosting this debate. Thank you to all who have attended, and everyone who is watching at home. For 8 years, we've had scandal after scandal, partisanship, and a level of toxicity in our politics that we haven't seen in decades. We need a President who will lead, a President who will fight for equal pay and paid family leave, a President that will speak to concerns facing America, not getting into Twitter fights. It's time for us to move on from what we've been, and more forward to a better tomorrow.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 08:54:21 PM »

Tammy Duckworth October Campaign Schedule

October 1-7th:

Tammy Duckworth opens her campaign HQ in Davenport, Iowa, holding a rally and meeting with volunteers in the city alongside Senator Dick Durbin. After the launch, the campaign swings to Dubuque, where Duckworth holds a rally highlighting the need to expand the ACA. Finally, the campaign barnstorms across Waterloo, holding town halls on climate change and racial injustice, especially in law enforcement. After each event, Tammy Duckworth take photos with attendees.

October 8th-10th:

Tammy Duckworth travels to Salt Lake City to campaign on behalf of Luz Escamilla. In a rally, Duckworth highlights Escamilla's work on immigration reform and environmentalism, and how she will be a beneficial voice in the House of Representatives. The Senator then meets with campaign volunteers, phonebanking on behalf of the candidate.

October 11-13th:

The Duckworth campaign holds an opening for its HQ in Las Vegas, NV, with Senator Catherine Cortez Masto joining the launch. The Senator follows this with a tour of Clark county, speaking with potential voters on immigration, green energy, and a return to a less toxic political reality.

October 14-16th:

Tammy Duckworth holds a joint rally with Senator Jeanne Shaheen in Concord, NH on decriminalizing marijuana. She then opens the HQ for the New Hampshire arm of the campaign in Manchester, with a large event featuring Ann Kuster, Jeanne Shaheen, and Maggie Hassan. In Manchester, Duckworth holds a townhall on campaign finance reform, hearing constituent concerns on money in politics. Finally, Duckworth prepares for the debate with her team, hoping to build on momentum from the previous debate.

October 17th:

Debate in Boston

October 18-24th:

The campaign launches its Delaware arm with a rally in Wilmington, where Tammy Duckworth is joined by Senator Conor Lamb and Representative Lisa Blunt Rochester. At the rally, Duckworth highlights her military experience, and how it lends itself to preparedness for the Presidency. Following the rally, Duckworth tours the state, holding town halls in Newark, Dover, and Camden on achieving universal healthcare that is affordable for everyone.

October 25-29th:

Duckworth shifts her focus to campaigning for Andy Beshear, hoping to help boost turnout in Louisville. In a rally in Louisville, Tammy Duckworth speaks on what Beshear has done for the state of Kentucky, and how teachers have been paid, Kynect is well funded, and the state is overall in better shape than when he took office. Following the rally, the Senator barnstormed across the Kentucky-Illinois border, holding events in Owensboro, Henderson, and Paducah, focusing on the Governor's success.

October 30-31st:

Finally, Tammy Duckworth spends the last two days of the month fundraising on both Governor Jim Hood and Jean-Paul Morrell's behalf. In a rally in Baton Rouge, she focuses on the Governor's impact on disaster preparedness for the state.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 11:30:17 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Campaign Schedule for November

1-7: Tammy Duckworth focuses on GOTV with Andy Beshear, holding rallies on strengthening unions and expanding healthcare coverage. Rallies were held in Lexington, Louisville, and the Cincinnati suburbs. The Senator also meets with volunteers, and phone banks alongside them on Beshear's behalf. On election night, Duckworth joins Beshear in Louisville to watch the results, rallying supporters.

8-12: Tammy Duckworth heads back to Iowa, holding a rural development tour, touting her infrastructure bill and veterans affairs reform plan. Duckworth is joined by Tim Walz in northern Iowa, where the two rally in Mason City on unionization. The tour takes the Senator from outside of Cedar Rapids to Sioux City, where Duckworth holds a town hall on winning in traditionally red regions.

13-18: The Duckworth Campaign opens its South Carolina HQ with a large kick off event, with Governor Roy Cooper joining Tammy Duckworth in Charleston. With a crowd full of supporters and volunteers, Roy Cooper highlights the Senator's work with veterans and her experience on the issue of healthcare. Following this event, Tammy Duckworth tours the state, holding town halls in Charleston, Columbia, Rock Hill, Spartanburg, and Greenville, where she highlights her support of criminal justice reform and legalization of marijuana at the federal level.

19-23: Senator Duckworth travels back to New Hampshire, with a joint event with Maggie Hassan in Laconia. The Senator focuses on her work to defend reproductive rights, alongside keeping funds in Planned Parenthood. Following the rally, Duckworth heads to Concord to speak with the local Nurse's union on the concerns of right to work laws. She then speaks with teachers employed by the city, highlighting the need for more education funding, and an Education Secretary with actual public school experience.

24-26: The Campaign heads to Delaware, holding a town hall in Dover on gun violence. Duckworth then travels to Newark, holding a rally with students at the University of Delaware on the need for affordable education. There, as with every rally, Duckworth stops for photos for whomever wants them. Following the rally, she holds a joint rally in Wilmington with Lisa Blunt Rochester, where she announces her plan to implement reparations and federal reform to policing to help the country make amends for slavery and systemic racism.

27-30: Tammy Duckworth heads back to South Carolina, holding rallies in Florence and Myrtle Beach on the impact of climate change to coastal states. The Senator sets up virtual town halls, like those she completed in Nevada, in order to reach voters who live in sparsely populated regions, speaking on healthcare and a return to normalcy after Trump.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 01:54:53 PM »

Jared Polis Endorsement Speech

"I dropped out of this race to organise Colorado's hurricane relief efforts. But that does not mean i am required to stay silent on the race for our party's nomination, does it?

Our next President must be a strong fighter for a fairer system. We need a President who will fight with all their guts for a higher minimum wage, universal healthcare, and a strong infrastructure bill. We need a President who will not give the highest tax breaks to our wealthiest class as part of a failed, survival-of-the-fittest economic philosophy.

Above all else, as we enter the Digital Age, we need a President will reinstate and defend net neutrality. We need a President who will regulate our digital marketplaces fairly and rigorously defend an open and free internet, and expand internet access to all parts of the country. It is not a luxury to have internet access now, we live in a world where it is necessary.

I believe that there is one candidate who will stand up for our workers, net neutrality and of course, LGBT rights. That is the next President of the United States of America, Tammy Duckworth!"
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019, 11:03:11 AM »

Tammy Duckworth Endorses Candidates in House Special Elections

In the lead up to the special elections in California and Idaho, Tammy Duckworth released the following video statements on social media:

"Rebecca Casper has served the people of Idaho Falls as a mayor, cultivating a culture of innovation, job growth, and results oriented politics. She has been a leader in clean energy, advocating for nuclear power, oversaw the city expanding high speed internet for all, and will continue this work in Congress. I look forward to working with her to get results for the people of Eastern Idaho."

"The people of California's 18th district deserve a representative that can fill the shoes of Senator Anna Eshoo. We need an advocate for net neutrality, affordable housing, and protections for the LGBTQ community. Scott Wiener has been that advocate in the state senate, and I believe he is the best choice for the district."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 07:04:59 PM »

Tammy Duckworth December Campaign Schedule:

1st-8th: The Duckworth Campaign focuses on building support for Rebecca Casper in ID-02, with Tammy Duckworth holding a rally for Casper in Idaho Falls on following the city's example on universal internet access. Following the rally, Senator Duckworth holds town halls throughout Eastern Idaho, with events in Blackfoot, Pocatello, Burley, and Twin Falls. There, Duckworth highlights her support of expanding green jobs to the region, alongside asking voters to support Rebecca Casper for a voice in the region.

9th-11th: The campaign swings through Northern Nevada, with campaign events in Jackpot, Elko, Battle Mountain, and Winnemucca, with a headlining rally to punctuate the visit in Reno. Duckworth campaigned on a public option for healthcare and more funding for veterans. In Reno, the Senator was joined by Catherine Cortez Masto, highlighting Duckworth's plans to strengthen unions and to pass sweeping immigration reform, offering citizenship to Dreamers and making crossing the border without documentation a civil offense.

12th-19th: Tammy Duckworth spends this stretch of December in California, with a rally in Sacramento on protecting public lands. The Senator then joins State Senator Scott Wiener in the 18th district of California, working to build a strong GOTV operation. The Senator visits the HQ in Palo Alto, speaking with volunteers on LGBTQ protections needed at the federal level. For the rest of the week, Duckworth holds town halls on urban development, expansion of LGBTQ rights, and infrastructure funding, highlighting Senator Wiener's support of such initiatives.

20-23rd: The campaign stops in Iowa for rallies in Iowa City and Davenport, with town halls along the way. There, Duckworth speaks with voters on her plans for paid family leave and paid childcare, allowing women to close the pay gap. In Davenport, Duckworth announces her green energy initiative, with plans for expansion of wind and solar energy, alongside embracing nuclear to cut carbon emissions, alongside replacing jobs lost due to automation.

24th-31st: Tammy Duckworth spends the latter part of December with her husband and daughters back home in Hoffman Estates, IL.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2019, 08:29:25 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Surrogate Schedule

Delaware

Having shored up the endorsements of both Senators, the Governor, and Lieutenant Governor, the Duckworth campaign focused on laying the groundwork for a strong GOTV effort in Delaware. Governor Carney and Lieutenant Governor Hall-Long will primarily work to energize the college educated voters in the state, highlighting Duckworth’s work on green energy, immigration, and veteran’s services. Representative Blunt Rochester and Senator Coons will work to boost turnout and run the ground game in Wilmington, reaching out to African American in the city, highlighting Duckworth’s planned criminal justice reform, paid childcare, and gun control bills.

New Hampshire

The New Hampshire arm of the campaign has remained active, with Shaheen and Hassan leading the organization. The two Senators will work out of the Manchester HQ, recruiting volunteers and holding rallies throughout the state. Representative Kuster will hold town halls throughout her district, speaking with voters on Duckworth’s plan to codify Roe and only appoint justices that will uphold civil rights. Finally, Governor Marchand will spend his time campaigning for Tammy Duckworth in the Eastern portion of the state, especially around his home city of Portsmouth. The governor will hold rallies across the region on healthcare, raising the minimum wage, and universal childcare.

Iowa

Along with planned stops by Tammy Duckworth, Senator Dick Durbin and Governor Tim Walz will crisscross the state on her behalf. Durbin will hold rallies in Davenport, Cedar Rapids, and Dubuque, with a focus on raising the minimum wage and immigration reform. Governor Walz will tour the northern part of the state, with rallies in Waterloo, Fort Dodge, and Sioux City, highlighting Senator Duckworth’s work on LGBTQ rights and her extensive paid leave program. The main surrogates in Iowa will end the month with a joint rally in Waterloo.

South Carolina

Governor Roy Cooper has lead outreach in South Carolina, and will continue in December. The governor will hold rallies in cities bordering North Carolina, including Spartansburg, Rock Hill, and Myrtle Beach. There, he will speak on progressive pragmatism, and how that is the key to winning states like his own, and the White House. Senator Lamb of Pennsylvania will also campaign in South Carolina on behalf of Tammy Duckworth, working on outreach to veterans and active service members, focusing on foreign policy and care for veterans.

California

With the Senator campaigning on behalf of State Senator Wiener, her surrogates will work to build name recognition throughout the state. Senator Cortez Masto and Governor Gallego will hit the trail in Southern California, which borders their states. The governor will campaign on immigration and healthcare in San Diego, working to introduce Duckworth to voters in the region. Senator Cortez Masto will focus on the Los Angeles metro area, campaigning on Tammy Duckworth’s green energy plan and Medicare expansion. In the northern part of the state, Governor Newsom will hold rallies in Sacramento and San Francisco, building progressive momentum for the Senator in the region.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2019, 02:44:14 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Pre-Iowa Schedule

January 1-5th: Tammy Duckworth will ring in the New Year with a rally in Des Moines, speaking to supporters on new leadership in The White House. After the rally, she will take photos with supporters and then meet with volunteers and campaign staff in the Des Moines HQ. The Senator will follow this with a southwestern Iowa tour, with town halls from West Des Moines to Shenandoah, meeting with potential caucus-goers in the most urban to the most rural communities, focusing on the Senator's infrastructure plan and support for better trade deals for farmers.

January 6-11th: The campaign lands in Lancaster, New Hampshire, beginning a town hall tour from there to Concord, with planned town halls in Franconia, Woodstock, Lebanon, and Laconia. This tour will be followed by a joint rally with Senator Maggie Hassan in Concord. The rally will highlight Senator Duckworth's co-sponsoring of The Equality Act, alongside her greater plan for LGBTQ protections at the federal level. The Senator will hold another rally in the state, with the trip being punctuated by a rally on healthcare in Manchester, where she will meet with volunteers in the area.

January 12-17th: Tammy Duckworth will join State Senator Wiener in the Bay Area, headlining GOTV efforts in the district. In San Jose, Duckworth will rally an energized crowd on environmental issues and Scott Wiener's work to expand green energy and reduce carbon emissions. Alongside rallying on Scott Wiener's behalf, Tammy Duckworth will also shoot an endorsement advertisement that will air in the district over this period, where she asks voters to support the state senator's run for representative. The Senator will host a large election day rally in Mountain View, speaking on urban development and the role of federal funding of public transit.

January 16-23rd: Alongside supporting state senator Scott Wiener, Tammy Duckworth will also focus on electing Mayor Rebecca Casper to the House of Representatives. She will begin this leg of the campaign with a rally in Idaho Falls, touting the mayor's success in expanding broadband and achieving tangible results for constituents in the city. Tammy Duckworth will also record an advertisement on behalf of Mayor Casper, highlighting her independent streak and work on building the economy for the region. The Senator will meet with campaign staff all throughout the district, rallying supporters, phone banking, and holding town halls on the Mayor's behalf. This stretch of the campaign will end with a rally in Boise, focusing on Rebecca Casper's support of rebuilding and expanding the district's infrastructure.

January 24th: Democratic debate.

January 25-27th: During the final days before the special election, the campaign will be all in on GOTV in ID-02. The Senator will hold several headlining rallies on behalf of Mayor Casper, with planned stops in Boise, Twin Falls, Pocatello, and a final stop in Idaho Falls. Senator Duckworth will speak with supporters on the need for people like Mayor Casper in congress to provide a check on the current President, and to allow for a representative that cares more for solutions than partisanship. Tammy Duckworth will join the Mayor for the election night watch party in Idaho Falls.

January 28-February 5th: The candidate, alongside top surrogates will spend the days leading up to the Iowa Caucuses building momentum among potential caucus-goers in the state. Tammy Duckworth will hit the campaign trail with rallies in Sioux City, Fort Dodge, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, with an election day rally in Davenport. The tone of these rallies will be positive and aspirational, focusing on election reforms, including automatic registration of 18 year olds, environmental reforms to protect areas like Iowa from even worse flooding, and expanding protections for reproductive healthcare, ensuring that no one is denied their care due to what state they live in. On caucus day, the candidate will hit the streets of Davenport, making sure potential supporters know their caucus site, and how the system works. She will host a watch party alongside surrogates like Amy Klobuchar, Tim Walz, J.B. Pritzker, and Raja Krishnamoorthi.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2019, 09:53:43 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Debate Answers

Opening Statements:

"I was elected to the Senate in 2016, on the same night as Donald Trump was elected President of the United States. I can't put into words the mixed feelings I felt, sadness, joy, fear, and hope. Many Americans felt the exact same way that night. Unfortunately, we were proven correct in our fears for this Presidency, and the instability brought on by this administration. It's time for us to move forward. It's time for the American public to have a steady hand to lead us during these times of uncertainty, it's time to reform our broken healthcare and criminal justice system, and it's time to remember the job of our government is to lift people up, not tear them down. I promise you, as President, I will fight to get a public option, to codify Roe v. Wade, and to raise the minimum wage. Most of all, I promise to be a President you can rely on, one that won't get caught up in petty Twitter wars, or uproot foreign policy based on a mercurial mood."

General Question #1 : Some of these general Questions will be similar to the Republican Debate a few days ago, but with a democratic spin to ask it appropriately to all of you, and there will be one or two different from the Republican Debate. First Question : The recent Republican Party symbol vote has issued a question among many in the Democratic Party, such as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Jared Polis, who say the Democratic Party should cast out the Donkey symbol in favor of something new and fresh, such as the bear or the wolf. Would you support such a move and if so, which animal would you support in replacing it?

"Over time, political parties, their symbols, and their coalitions change. I'm willing to hear people's thoughts on updating the symbol of the Democratic Party, and believe we should poll members, and hear out concerns about the future of the party. However, I believe there are larger problems and challenges we should be addressing, like the stagnating wages of Americans, lack of access to healthcare and broadband, and the chipping away of reproductive rights."

General Question #2 : On January 10th, Russian Presidential Candidate Sergei Polonsky has, who currently leads his two biggest opponents, has announced favoritism to a Republican governed United States, causing him to be called a puppet of President Trump by House Minority Whip Eric Swawell. Do you agree with the House Minority Whip’s statements and what do you think the statements from Sergei impact America’s future relationship with Russia?

"What's happening here is so blatantly obvious. A foreign power's leading Presidential candidate is basing his policy towards the United States on which party has been more lax towards his country. Russia and the United States should absolutely find a way to work together, but we must hold them accountable for their tampering in our elections and the elections of our allies. We can not afford to use kid gloves in our diplomacy with Russia, we must be strong and consistent, which is exactly the opposite of what Russia wants, hence their endorsement of another Republican administration."

General Question #3 : In four days exactly, the Special Election to replace Kelly Anthon in the U.S. House in Idaho’s 2nd Congressional District will take place between State Senator Dean M. Mortimer and Idaho Falls Mayor Rebecca Casper, a race that is close and could be evidence of a potential wave come november for the party. How will you endorse that Mayor Casper wins that seat and places the party at least one seat closer to winning the House in November?

"Mayor Rebecca Casper has been a strong voice for Idaho Falls, and would be a wonderful representative. That's why I've joined her on the campaign trail both this month and last to get her elected. I plan on campaigning on her behalf over the next four days, joining the strong get out the vote operation that she has built. Just the fact that Democrats are competitive in a seat such as this one is a good sign for the elections in November."

General Question #4 : The situation in the Middle East is...interesting to say the least. As President, how would you handle this situation?

"The situation in the Middle East is more unstable and chaotic even compared to when I was deployed there. Strong leadership, international cooperation, and diplomacy are the only ways we will make any lasting progress in the region. These problems didn't arise in a vacuum, and we can not solve them alone. We must prepare an exit strategy from our heavy involvement in the region, ensuring the safety of all the officers deployed throughout. This is why I will take the advice of generals and diplomats seriously, instead of ignoring and re-shuffling them."

General Question #5 : The recent bribery charges on the Secretary of the Treasury, Steven Mnuchin, has made many in the Democratic Party happy at finally gaining a victory over the Trump Administration after many months of hoping for one. How do you feel about this recent news and do you think there should be a renewed investigation into the Trump Administration due to this?

"Bribery within the Treasury Department is nothing to be happy about. When Donald Trump put up the nomination of Steve Mnuchin for Treasury, I voiced my disapproval, and voted accordingly. Unfortunately, myself and my colleagues were proven correct in our trepidation regarding this appointment. I do support an investigation into whether the President knew of the bribery allegations against Mnuchin, and if the President has nothing to hide, he will comply."

General Question #6 : On January 3rd, Supreme Leader, who had his office reorganized into President of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea on January 7th, has stated that elections will be held to determine the Vice President and Parliament of the country to help continue in his reforms. Of the Three newly formed parties, the SRK/HUNG party is the most reform and western friendly of the party. How do you feel about these announcements?

"Any step towards democratizing a dictatorship should be celebrated. We must stay vigilant, and ensure the steps toward free and fair elections are taken, that every vote is counted, and that the peoples' voices are heard. This will include calling in international election observers and meeting with the UN to allow for real accountability in the nation. I am hopeful that this means progress."

General Question #7 : There has been a recent upsurge in the number of dictatorships rising up across the globe, with the main ones currently being Brazil, Italy, Hungary, Argentina, and Greece. With the President quietness on this issue, how would you make sure these countries return to a Democracy and ensure other nations don’t follow their paths?

"I believe the increase in dictatorships has directly correlated with a loss in trust in institutions and governments around the world. A way for the United States to combat this is to have a stable leader who values democratically elected allies over 'strong man' dictators, and that's what I will offer as President. We must build upon diplomatic agreements like the UN and NATO, and stand strong as an ally of democratic countries around the world. We can not capitulate to adversaries who hack our elections and attack our allies, and that ends with a Duckworth Presidency."

General Question #8 : The recent shufflings of the Trump Cabinet have been quite staggering to many in the political world and many want stability to return to the White House. Thus, this question is a simple one : Who are your top three potential choices for Vice President, Secretary of State, Secretary of the Treasury, Secretary of Defense, and the Attorney General and why them?

"The tumult and palace intrigue within this cabinet and administration at large is embarrassing at best, destabilizing at worst. As your President, I will work to bring stability back into the White House, with a well vetted cabinet. In terms of appointments, I pledge to have a completely gender balanced cabinet to better represent the make up of the country I serve. I would hate to limit myself to such a short list before they've been vetted, but I'll give a few names off the top of my head. For Vice President, I'd like someone with a real connection to service in their home state, like Governor Jared Polis, Governor Roy Cooper, and Senator Conor Lamb. For Attorney General, someone with the experience to protect this country's laws like Senator Amy Klobuchar, Representative Katie Porter, or Governor Josh Shapiro. Any candidate for Secretary of State requires a tangible diplomatic record, for example, Samantha Power, Anthony Gardner, or Ted Osios. Treasury requires someone with a stellar reputation and a history of being on the side of the people, such as Representative Yvanna Cancela, Lael Brainard, or Sylvia Burwell. Finally, the Defense Secretary needs to be a citizen with a deep understanding of the delicacy of defending this country, like Governor Tim Walz, Michele Flournoy, or Governor Jason Kander. Any of these people would be immensely qualified for their prospective roles."

General Question #9 : This Question is basically the same as the final General Question for Republican Debate. Will you endorse and support the Democratic Nominee in the general election, even if it isn’t yourself?

"Absolutely. Any person on this stage is more qualified to serve the American people as President than our Republican counterparts."

Tammy Duckworth Question #1 : Senator, you are currently the front-runner of the Democratic Field after months of fighting for this position, yet many blame you for State Senator Escamilla’s loss to her opponent last November, How do you hope to rectify this error?

"Like many others, I was disappointed in state senator Escamilla's loss last year. As the only candidate who campaigned for her, the defeat hit me hard. It has inspired me to focus intently on the special elections this month and moving forward, as we need a Democratic Congress to enact the changes this country needs. After this debate tonight, I will be joining Mayor Rebecca Casper in Idaho for the final stretch of the campaign there. I plan on continuing my endorsements and campaign activities on behalf of Democrats around the country."

Tammy Duckworth Question #2 : Senator, this next question and the second questions for Governor Cuomo and Senator Merkley will be lighter and gentler in nature but you can feel free to ask and answer your own question instead. Who is your favorite author of all time and why do you like them so much?

"Personally, I'm a big fan of Margaret Atwood. I appreciate her self described 'social realism,' and her approach to weaving real events in history or the news into a work of fiction. I think her work is always thought provoking."

Closing Statement : Now, this closing statement will be different from the previous ones. On February 5th, the Democrats of Iowa will go to their local Caucus centers and support the Candidate they like the most. This your last time to state why you believe the voters of Iowa should support and vote for you. All of you have 60 second on the clock.

"Iowa, I have had the time of my life campaigning across the state. Whether you're in Des Moines or Thompson, I hope to win your support by offering solutions like expanding healthcare and broadband to everyone, raising the minimum wage, and expanding federal protections for LGBTQ people. I have heard from Iowans all across this state who believe in the message of progress that this campaign is centered on, and I'm hopeful that you'll support me at the caucus, thank you!"
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2019, 12:42:48 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Announces Co-Sponsorship of the Rebuild America Act

“I’m proud to co-sponsor Senator Merkley’s Rebuild America Act. The provisions of this bill will address some serious problems facing the people of the nation, and we must push for real, tangible solutions. I call on my colleagues in the Senate to put the people above their partisanship and pass this bill.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 12:51:55 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2019, 11:39:01 PM by Homosexual Extremist »

Tammy Duckworth Congratulates Rebecca Casper for Her Victory at a Rally in Iowa

“I have to take a moment tonight to congratulate Rebecca Casper on winning a seat that pundits doubted any democrat would have a chance in. I have loved the opportunity to travel across Idaho on her behalf, and I’m immensely impressed by the campaign she ran. I am looking forward to building a congressional majority filled with strong recruits, like Mayor Casper, to work toward real progress in this country.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2019, 11:50:25 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Victory Speech

"Iowa! We did it! I'm so proud of what this campaign has achieved this month. First, we got out there to support Rebecca Casper in her election to the House of Representatives, then, we won Iowa, next is New Hampshire, and then in November, The White House. Tonight, Iowa said yes to universal healthcare, to protecting reproductive rights, and to strengthening the middle class in this country. I want to thank my fellow Democratic candidates, Senator Merkley and Governor Cuomo, for running such a spirited campaign here. The energy is on our side, and together we will bring about a more perfect union."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2019, 05:17:42 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Announces Endorsements

Senator Dan Feltes (D-NH)

"In this race, one candidate best represents the values of this great state, and that's Tammy Duckworth. From expanding broadband to everyone, no matter how rural your county, to providing a public option for healthcare, Tammy Duckworth has our back. We can trust her to do the job on day one, and to win this race."

Representative Marlon Kimpson (D-SC)

Source

"I always value politicians who show up for our communities even when it's not an election year. When someone has shown up, we know we can trust them to represent us. Tammy Duckworth is one of those politicians. She has fought for background checks and common sense gun control, she fights for public schools, and increasing the minimum wage. I'm proud to support her, and can't wait to begin campaigning for her across this great state."

Representative Lucy McBath (D-GA)

Source

"In 2018, I was an underdog. Pundits didn't think I had a shot in a traditionally Republican district, especially on a platform that highlights common sense gun control measures. Together, voters in my district proved the conventional wisdom wrong. Tammy Duckworth knows something about being the underdog, from her service in the Army, to Congress, and this race for President. So far, she's exceeded all expectations from pundits, and has ran a strong campaign. I am happy to support her and look forward to calling her Madame President."

Senator Anthony Foxx (D-NC)

Source

"My friend and colleague, Tammy Duckworth, is running for President. Like many North Carolinians, I am inspired by the hopeful message of progress being put forth by her campaign, and am grateful for her voice in this race. With the help of a President Duckworth, we could stabilize the healthcare market, expand funding for public transit, and codify Roe v Wade as law. We must work together to elect Tammy, this election is too important for us to sit on the sidelines."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 11:55:25 AM »

Tammy Duckworth Introduces the Protect Working Families Act

"We live in the most prosperous country in the world, but we are letting down families across this country. Childcare costs have gotten so high that many parents have to pay a fourth of their income just to balance the responsibilities of work and family life. This leaves many having to make a choice between lower quality care, losing benefits due to part time work, or breaking the bank to give their children good care.

It's for reasons like this many young people are choosing not to have children, or, like myself, waiting until they are much older and settled in their careers to have children. Even in the Senate, you can find yourself without much structural support for juggling work and family life.

This is why I'm introducing the Protect Working Families Act, which will help ensure that everyone has the support they need to give their families the best care, while not having to sacrifice career opportunities that can lift their families up."

Bill Details:

- Establishes four months of paid family leave, allowing parents and those caring for a sick or elderly family member to focus on their family, rather than worrying about paying their bills, with no fear about losing their job.

- Creates a universal childcare system, with the federal government partnering with local organizations to provide childcare to all. Families making under 200% of the local poverty rate will receive this for free, and those making more will have their costs indexed to their income, capping costs at 8% of a family's income, providing universal savings to anyone who opts into the program.

- Provides additional funding to low income schools designated for after school activities, including an hourly overtime pay for any faculty member that runs the activity. This provision's goal is to shrink the gap between after school activities in low income schools vs wealthier districts, providing care for working parents.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2019, 12:18:01 AM »

Tammy Duckworth Pre-New Hampshire Schedule

Source

February 6-7th:

Tammy Duckworth shoots a video endorsement of Glenn, Boudreaux, and Brown, highlighting their commitment to the working class, protecting and expanding healthcare, and standing up for democratic values. The campaign will mobilize voters in Kentucky, with headlining rallies by Duckworth from Frankfort to Lexington, ending with a joint rally with Brown in the latter. The Senator will energize supporters by phone banking and canvassing on Brown's behalf, joining campaign workers and volunteers, hoping to replicate the success from the Casper campaign.

February 8th:

Tammy Duckworth will officially introduce the Protect Working Families Act on the Senate floor.

February 9-13th:

The campaign will go all in for New Hampshire, with Senator Duckworth being joined by Senators Maggie Hassan, Jeanne Shaheen, Dan Feltes, Representative Ann Kuster, and Governor Steve Marchand. While the surrogates will mostly campaign in their respective home turfs, Duckworth will hold rallies from Lancaster to Nashua, with headlining events in Franconia, Woodstock, Concord, and Manchester, each joined by one of the campaign's surrogates. The theme of the rallies will be the Protect Working Families Act, raising the minimum wage, and working to reduce gun violence in the country. On primary day, Duckworth will hold a rally in Manchester, highlighting New Hampshire's status as a history maker, and asking voters to again make history by helping to elect the nation's first woman President.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2019, 09:26:02 PM »

Maggie Hassan and Jeanne Shaheen Speak to Supporters at Watch Party in Manchester

“Thank you all for joining us to watch the first primary in the nation! In spite of what all of the pundits said, Tammy is still in this. Right now, the race may be too close to call, but regardless of who wins, we are so fired up to see you all come out and support our friend and colleague, Tammy. I know she is watching as intently as the rest of us, and is excited to join all of us once the results are all in. Yet again, we can help make history by supporting the first woman president of the United States!”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2019, 11:16:22 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Gives Speech to Supporters Following New Hampshire Primary Results

“I have called Senator Merkley to congratulate him on his victory. I know many of you are disappointed, but we narrowed the gap in public polling by 8 points! We showed the doubters that democrats want a candidate who will raise the minimum wage, fight for working families, and expand healthcare coverage to make sure every American has healthcare. We are not done, we will take this energy onto Delaware, South Carolina, and into Super Tuesday. I want to thank every person here for their support, and hope every single one of you is proud of your part in this campaign.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2019, 01:30:26 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Runs Ad in DE, SC, and across Super Tuesday States

"I've made it my mission in Congress to fight for working families. I've worked to change the rules in the Senate to allow parents to balance their responsibilities at work and with their family. Together with my colleagues, I joined the sit in to keep weapons of war off the streets and to expand universal background checks. Most recently, I sponsored the Protect Working Families Act, which would catch the US up with other developed countries with a paid family leave program, on top of a universal childcare policy."

"However, Republicans in the Senate struck down this bill, telling American families that they are motivated by fear of giving a political opponent a 'win' rather than helping the people they're elected to represent. As your President, I will stand up to the culture of cravenness that has been adopted by the Senate, and I will pass the Protect Working Families Act in my first 100 days."

"To do this, I'll need your help, not only in this primary, but in electing a Democratic Congress to stand up to cowardice and political calculations. We need bold leadership to address the concerns facing all of us as Americans. I'm Tammy Duckworth, and I approve this message."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2019, 02:01:00 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Announces New Endorsements Ahead of Delaware Primary

Emily's List

Source

"We've been proud to support Senator Duckworth in every race she has run in, and this Presidential race is no different. Tammy has fought for families, reproductive rights, and the expansion of healthcare while in Congress, and will continue this fight in the White House. Emily's List is proud to have a woman like Tammy in the race, and we look forward to calling her Madame President."

NARAL

Source

"Reproductive rights have been under attack during the Trump Presidency, and we can not sit idly by while it happens again. NARAL is working daily to ensure our rights are secure, and every person is able to make decisions with their doctor regarding personal healthcare. Tammy Duckworth perfectly exemplifies that commitment, and that's why NARAL is supporting her campaign for President."

VoteVets

Source

"VoteVets has been a supporter of Tammy Duckworth since day one, as a veteran herself, Purple Heart recipient, and champion of service members, she represents what this organization stands for. Unlike politicians who use veterans to gain political points, Tammy Duckworth knows our concerns, and speaks for them. She has fought for expansion of the VA, for protecting Dreamer service members, and for providing a transition back to civilian life."

Kirsten Gillibrand

Source

"I stand here as a friend and colleague of Senator Tammy Duckworth, as well as cosponsor of her Protect Working Families Act. I'm equally proud to see a Presidential contender supporting paid family leave policy as I am dismayed to see my fellow Senators be so cowardly as to avoid helping American families. It's obvious that the GOP is scared of Tammy, and they're afraid of supporting anything that comes from her, even if it's as common sense as paid family leave and universal childcare. They're afraid because they know she can win, and that's why I'm proud to endorse Tammy Duckworth for President of the United States."
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies