A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:14:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21
Author Topic: A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 61014 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: April 11, 2020, 05:52:02 PM »

Governor Ruben Gallego (D-AZ) rallies with Duckworth

"Thank you Tammy! What an advneture this is going to be!

When I became Governor of this great state, I said I would pursue a progressive agenda, and look at what we have accomplished: a higher minimum wage, environmental protection and expansion of renewable energy, and defence of our middle and working classes. Tammy Duckworth wants these things for our whole country, and she has the guts to do them.

She served our nation on the field of battle. Unlike the Vice President, she and I both know what it's actually like to go to war. Meanwhile we have Republicans in Washington determined to send men and women off to war without due diligence. I was a Marine, and Tammy was a Black Hawk pilot. We know what it's like to fight a war. We've endeavoured to work hard for our fellow warfighters in office. Tammy's service in the Illinois Department of Veterans' Affars proves that.

Some time ago, Tammy proposed the Protect Working Families Act. What would it do that Republicans objected to so much? Simple. It provided paid leave for mothers and fathers to raise their newborn children, so that they wouldn't go bankrupt, so that they could pay their rent, their mortgage, buy essentials that they need, and not be fired. Republicans object to this bill because they don't want to make this nation fairer. They want to exacerbate our massive problems with income inequality. They don't want this system to work for anyone but those at the top.

Tammy and I are here to put an end to that, so let's stand as one and put Tammy into the White House!"
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #326 on: April 12, 2020, 01:19:36 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2020, 02:24:00 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Ruben Gallego in Phoenix, Arizona
Governor Gallego is trying to mislead American voters on my record on veterans, claiming that I don't know what it's like to fight a war, which is simply not true. I know what it looks like to fight a war. My older brother Mario Rubio is himself a military veteran who bravely served our country in the Vietnam War. And I have a clear record of taking care of veterans : in the Senate, I cosponsored the AGREE Act, a bill that increased tax credits and exemptions for companies investing in R & D, equipment and other capital, gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise. And over the objections of your fellow Democrat Bernie Sanders, I successfully co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats. Five years ago, I co-sponsored the Supporting Veterans in STEM Careers Act that helped veterans re-entering the workforce get jobs in STEM-related fields by requiring the Office of Science and Technology Policy to coordinate programs to train and transition military veterans for jobs in science, technology, engineering and math. And it was under our administration that we defeated ISIS in Iraq and Syria and so we managed to bring our troops home in honor and dignity three years ago and it was in the aftermath that the Veterans Care Financial Protection Act of 2022 has been adopted, making the federal Department of Veterans Affairs work with state and federal agencies to stop con men who are diverting federal aid away from veterans. So you don't have a monopoly on heart when it comes to the men and women in uniform who are protecting us as well as our country's freedom. I respect them as much as you do and that's why I'm endorsed by the family of your fellow Arizonan John McCain because they know that I have the plan to make sure that our soldiers' service and their fight to keep America free and safe will not be in vain. And as President, I will invest a part of budget surpluses in the development of new social security and job training programs for our veterans to make sure they will earn the best post-military service they can ever imagine.

And we're already winning Operation Ceasefire even though we have not sent any ground troops or led airstrikes there. We did it by providing military training and arsenal to the Kurds, which helped them to defeat the Turkish troops. And my counter-terrorism plan will increasingly require less ground troops by rather providing military training and material support to our allies in Western Africa so they will have the necessary tools to defeat terrorism. Under my leadership, our country will lead drone airstrikes against Boko Haram key targets, including their controlled oil refineries in order to deprive them of any means to boost their war effort and their plans for terrorist attacks. As a result, it will reduce the need for additional ground troops there and it will cost our country less as drones are significantly cheaper to purchase, fuel, and maintain than regular airplanes. As a result, we will keep America safe without putting so many lives in harm's way.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #327 on: April 12, 2020, 01:36:20 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2020, 08:26:36 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Tammy Duckworth's attacks in Kenosha, Wisconsin

Senator Duckworth's answer to everything is « Donald Trump, Donald Trump ». There are only 3 things that she mentions in a sentence, which are a noun, a verb and Donald Trump. If you wanted to run against President Trump, you should have run 4 years ago. Look, this election is not about Donald Trump, it is about the concerns of the American people and about the future of America. And fighting for America's future requires the right experience and the right ideas for our future and I'm proud to have fought, as Chairman of the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, to make America the best place to do business and to fight for hardworking families. I'm proud to have fought to keep our military strong in order to keep America safe against terror. I'm proud to have helped this administration to get America to the strong economic prosperity and strong national security that we are now living. And I'm proud to be calling for a middle-class tax cut for the sake of a strong middle-class, for a development of renewable energies through an investment of a part of oil drilling revenues and tax credits for renewable energy projects, for the expansion of free trade for the sake of our competitiveness in the world economy, for a modernization of our military and a maintenance of strong American leadership for the sake of our national security and global peace.

The reason why Senator Duckworth keeps mentioning Donald Trump is because she is trying to find excuses for supporting Rod Blagojevich when she knew he was under federal investigation because she is the one who suggested Blagojevich to be freed in the first place. In 2016, it was revealed that Senator Duckworth forced the people of Illinois to pay nearly $40,000 to settle a whistleblower retaliation trial resulting from her days as Blagojevich’s hand-picked appointee. Given their shared knack for getting into legal trouble, it’s no wonder why Duckworth was also rumored to be Blagojevich’s first choice to take over President Obama’s senate seat.

Meanwhile, I'm proud to have voted to override Obama's veto to a bill that would let families of those killed in the September 11, 2001 attacks sue the government of Saudi Arabia for damages because this was about holding anyone who supports terrorists accountable, and getting their victims the justice they deserve. And I'm proud to have led the charge in the Senate to bring accountability to the VA with my measure allowing the VA Secretary to fire incompetent or corrupt managers who prevented many of Florida’s more than 1.5 million veterans from receiving the quality health care they need and deserve, which became law in 2014 as part of a larger VA reform package. And I have urged Attorney General William Barr to investigate John Kerry over meetings with officials of the old Iranian regime, meetings related to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action and violating the Logan Act. And when Wall Street has been getting rich helping Chinese companies raise money on U.S. stock exchanges, without those firms being required to meet basic U.S. standards for transparency, I introduced a bill giving any foreign firm three years to make their audits available to U.S. regulators or face increased disclosure requirements and be delisted from U.S. exchanges if they didn't comply.

So if you want a candidate who fought corruption and for justice and security in America, then I am your candidate because I put the American people first, not George Soros and special interests . Because I'm fighting to make sure that America will keep moving forward and that's why I need your support and your vote. Thank you.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #328 on: April 12, 2020, 01:55:42 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2020, 06:15:08 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 1

(Own creation)

June 14-15, 2024
-Campaign in Tallahassee, FL with Ron DeSantis and Rick Scott
-Economic policy speech at the Tallahassee Automobile Museum in Tallahassee, FL
-Meet with college voters at Florida AM University in Tallahassee, FL
-Free trade policy speech in Tallahassee, FL

Source : https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/rubio-tours-eglin-air-force-base
-Speech in Tallahassee, FL about the 80th anniversary of Normandy landings, honoring the memory of the American and allied soldiers who fought and sacrificed their lives in the defense of freedom, integrity, justice and democracy over tyranny, opression and terror. He takes on the occasion to declare that thanks to a maintenance of American leadership, to a strong U.S. military and to strong alliances, the fight of these men and women in uniform for America, for freedom and democracy will not be in vain.

-Campaign in Bonifay, FL
-Town hall meeting with voters in Bonifay, FL
-Campaign in Cedar Grove, FL
-Gun rights policy speech in Cedar Grove, FL
-Campaign in Cross City, FL
-Health care policy speech in Cross City, FL
-Campaign in DeFuniak Springs, FL
-Anti-opioid policy speech in DeFuniak Springs, FL
-Campaign in Miramar Beach, FL
-Tax reform policy speech in Miramar Beach, FL
-Campaign in Gulf Breeze, FL
-Agriculture policy speech in Gulf Breeze, FL
-Campaign in Lynn Haven, FL
-Veterans policy speech in Lynn Haven, FL
-Campaign in Brooksville, FL
-Middle-class tax cut policy speech in Brooksville, FL
-Campaign in Spring Hill, FL
-Education policy speech in Spring Hill, FL
-Campaign in St. Cloud, FL
-Energy policy speech in St. Cloud, FL
-Campaign in Port Richey, FL
-SCOTUS policy speech in Port Richey, FL
-Campaign in Zephyrhills, FL
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Zephyrhills, FL
-Campaign in Dade City, FL
-Energy independence policy speech in Dade County, FL
-Campaign in Oldsmar, FL
-National security policy speech in Oldsmar, FL
-Citrus policy speech in Oldsmar, FL
-Campaign in Dunedin, FL
-Campaign in Pinellas Park, FL
-Space policy speech in Pinellas Park, FL
-Campaign in Safety Harbor, FL
-Nuclear energy policy speech in Safety Harbor, FL
-Campaign in Seminole, FL
-Campaign in St. Petersburg, FL
-Global peace policy speech in St. Petersburg, FL
-Manufacturing policy speech in St. Petersburg, FL
-Immigration policy speech in St. Petersburg, FL
-Small business policy speech in St. Petersburg, FL
-Rally with voters at Al Lang Stadium in St. Petersburg, FL
-Campaign in Tampa, FL
-Free enterprise policy speech in Tampa, FL
-Foreign policy speech in Tampa, FL
-Energy policy speech in Tampa, FL
-Fundraising event in Tampa, FL
-Campaign in Plant City, FL
-Economic policy speech at Wish Farms headquarters in Plant City, FL
-Town hall meeting with voters at the Bruton Memorial Library in Plant City, FL
-Campaign in Haines City, FL
-Agriculture policy speech in Haines City, FL
-Tax-cut policy speech in Haines City, FL
-Campaign in Winter Haven, FL
-National security policy speech in Winter Haven, FL
-Campaign in Lake Wales, FL
-Campaign in Lakeland, FL
-Medicare policy speech in Lakeland, FL

June 16-17, 2024
-Campaign in Wilmington, North Carolina
-Economic policy speech in Wilmington, NC
-Energy policy speech in Wilmington, NC
-Rally with voters at Legion Stadium in Wilmington, NC
-Campaign in Carolina Beach, NC
-Infrastructure policy speech in Carolina Beach, NC
-Campaign in Asheboro, NC
-Manufacturing policy speech in Asheboro, NC
-Campaign in Thomasville, NC
-Small business policy speech at Thomasville Furniture Industries headquarters in Thomasville, NC
-National security policy speech in Thomasville, NC
-Campaign in Lexington, NC
-Health care policy speech in Lexington, NC
-Free trade policy speech in Lexington, NC
-Gun rights policy speech in Lexington, NC
-Campaign in High Point, NC
-Middle-class tax cut policy speech in High Point, NC
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in High Point, NC
-Campaign in Concord, NC
-Foreign policy speech in Concord, NC
-Free enterprise policy speech in Concord, NC
-SCOTUS policy speech in Concord, NC where VP Rubio praises the approval of the Sandoval's SCOTUS nomination, which will ensure the protection of the American people's 2nd amendment rights, the life of the unborn and state, of freedom of religion and state powers
-Campaign in Kannapolis, NC
-Energy independence policy speech in Kannapolis, NC
-Campaign in Kinston, NC
-Veterans policy speech in Kinston, NC

June 18-19, 2024
-Campaign in La Crosse, Wisconsin with Scott Walker
-Economic policy speech in La Crosse, WI
-Infrastructure policy speech in La Crosse, WI
-Energy policy speech in La Crosse, WI

Source : https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/home
Our political opponents keep claiming that our party is not a champion of energy independence. If that was really the case, Wisconsin Governors Tommy Thompson and Scott McCallum would not have launched the Focus on Energy program with  the  goal  of  increasing  Wisconsin’s  energy  independence  by  helping  residents  and  businesses  implement  efficiency  and  renewable  energy  projects. Since the program’s inception, more than 56,000 businesses and 1 million  residents  have  participated,  resulting  in  energy  savings  of  1,958,770,550  kilowatt-hours  (kWh) of electricity and 97,260,374 therms of natural gas. And my energy plan will finally get our country to energy independence by taking advantage of all of America's sources of energy, by investing a part of the revenues from oil drilling into the development of renewable energies and by making our country number one in nuclear energy production through the construction of 40 new nuclear power plants in this country by 2050 and through tax credits for renewable energy products. That way, we will not only ensure strong job creation and prosperity while improving our ecological footprint but also deprive terrorist groups of revenues from our dependence on foreign energy to organize and orchestrate attacks on us and our allies. And that's why I ask for your vote to get us to strengthen our country's prosperity and security.

-Campaign in Onalaska, WI
-Town hall meeting with voters in Onalaska, WI
-Campaign in Mauston, WI
-Middle-class tax cut policy speech in Mauston, WI
-Campaign in Wisconsin Dells, WI
-Free enterprise policy speech in Wisconsin Dells, WI
-Campaign in New Lisbon, WI
-Campaign in Sparta, WI
-Manufacturing policy speech in Sparta, WI
-National security policy speech in Sparta, WI
-Campaign in Tomah, WI
-Education policy speech in Tomah, WI
-Campaign in Stevens Point, WI
-Free trade policy speech in Stevens Point, WI
-Foreign policy speech in Stevens Point, WI
-Campaign in Kaukauna, WI
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Kaukauna, WI
-Campaign in Menasha, WI
-Space policy speech at the Barlow Planetarium in Menasha, WI
-Free market policy speech in Menasha, WI
-Campaign in Neenah, WI
-Small business policy speech in Neenah, WI
-Agriculture policy speech in Neenah, WI
-Campaign in Omro, WI

June 20-21, 2024
-Campaign in Phoenix, Arizona with Martha McSally and Cindy McCain
-Economic policy speech at Freeport-McMoRan Center in Phoenix, AZ
-Veterans policy speech in Phoenix, AZ
-Foreign policy speech in Phoenix, AZ in reaction to the successful siege of Ankara by Coalition forces in Operation Ceasefire :

Recently, in the context of Operation Ceasefire, our allies in the Coalition managed to take Ankara with very few casualties. This victory is about to lead us and our allies to final victory over Turkey and to the downfall of the evil and repressive regime led by Erdogan and to the restoration of democracy in Turkey. And thanks to the military training and material support that we provided to our allies, including the Kurds, they will have all the necessary tools to keep their troops safe and ensure stability and order (referring to the attack in Izmir). This victory will also bring Turkish leaders to the negotiating table and lead to the recognition of Kurdistan's status as an independent country. As a member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and as Vice-President of the United States, I have the right foreign policy experience to get us there. That requires a strong military, strong alliances, strong diplomacy and steady American leadership. As long as America leads, we give the world a chance for steady and long-term peace.

-Campaign in Queen Creek, AZ
-Town hall meeting with voters in Queen Creek, AZ
-Campaign in Wickenburg, AZ
-Campaign in Goodyear, AZ
-Tax reform policy speech in Goodyear, AZ
-Campaign in Mesa, AZ
-National security policy speech in Mesa, AZ
-Energy policy speech in Mesa, AZ
-Campaign in Cave Creek, AZ
-Campaign in Peoria, AZ
-Free trade policy speech in Peoria, AZ
-Campaign in Tempe, AZ
-Space policy speech in Tempe, AZ
-School choice policy speech in Tempe, AZ

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_McCain#/media/File:Republican_National_Convention,_September_1-4,_2008._Presidential_candidate_John_McCain's_family,_wife_Cindy_in_the_middle_in_green_outfit,_St._Paul,_Minnesota_LCCN2010719276_(cropped1).jpg
-In an effort to help Rubio win Arizona through strong appeal among Independents, Cindy McCain, widow of late Arizona Senator John McCain, honors her husband's legacy of putting country first before partisanship and praises Rubio's record of bipartisanship, especially his VA reform law, his bill sanctioning Hezbollah, his Let Freedom Reign Act of 2019 that provided military training and material support to the Venezuelan insurgency during the Venezuelan Civil War, his the Terror Intelligence Improvement Act of 2016, his support to a $2 billion emergency funding to combat the Zika virus. She takes on the occasion to tout Rubio's plan to cut middle-class taxes, to get America to energy independence through tax credits for renewable energy projects, his infrastructure plan and his foreign policy agenda, calling on voters to cast their vote for Rubio to keep moving America forward.

-Campaign in Tucson, AZ
-Nuclear energy policy speech in Tempe, AZ
-Health care policy speech in Tempe, AZ
-Rally with voters at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, AZ
-Campaign in Clifton, AZ
-Campaign in Nogales, AZ
-Agriculture policy speech in Nogales, AZ

June 22, 2024
-Just like John McCain, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney and Donald Trump did after they won their parties’ nomination, Vice-President Rubio, along with Second Lady of the United States Jeanette Rubio, starts an international trip to meet heads of state and even further sharpen his foreign policy credentials.

June 23, 2024

Source : https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/rubio-visits-jordan-and-israel
-Vice-President Rubio arrives in Jerusalem, Israel where he meets Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu with whom he discussed issues such as economic relations between their 2 countries, the Israel-Palestine conflict, counter-terrorism, freedom of religion, etc. During their joint press conference, Netanyahu praised Rubio as a great friend of Israel, noting his legislation imposing tough sanctions on Hezbollah, his stand-up, along with President Trump, to the old Iranian regime’s nuclear program and past state-sponsored terrorism through sanctions and his efforts to denuclearize Iran and to normalize relations with Arsham Parsi’s Iran through his 2021 visit to Iran, which reinforced stability and peace in the Middle East. The U.S. Vice-President praised the strong US-Israel relations and thanked Netanyahu for his efforts to keep Israel safe against terror and his support to the US successful combat operations that defeated ISIS in the Middle East and to Operation Ceasefire that is about to restore democracy in Turkey, to lead to the recognition of Kurdistan as an independent state and to the restoration of stability in the Middle East.

June 24, 2024

Own creation
-Vice-President Rubio lands in New Delhi, India where he meets Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. During their joint press conference, the two men touted the strength of the US-India relationship, including their 2008 India–United States Civil Nuclear Agreement (a deal that guaranteed that India utilizes its nuclear energy for economic, civil and energy matters instead of military matters), their membership in the Tehran Pact, their strong defense partnerships that combined the military powers of the 1st and 4th military powers in the world and helped defeating terrorism in the Middle East. Rubio talks about the importance for Washington and New Delhi to work together to stand up diplomatically and militarily to China’s overreach in South China and East China Sea. Noting how much his home state of Florida’s $1 billion annual exports to India demonstrate at which point India’s large and growing market matter to Americans, the Republican presidential nominee invokes the importance for the US and India to further strengthen their trade and economic ties through the adoption of a free trade agreement between the 2 countries for the sake of their mutual prosperity and also to counter China’s trade power.

June 25, 2024

Own creation
-Vice-President Rubio visits Berlin, Germany where he meets Chancellor Saskia Esken with whom he discussed issues such as economic ties, trade, energy collaboration between their countries and counter-terrorism. Esken praised Rubio’s call to normalize relations with Sergei Polonsky’s Russia in order to finally restore stability, peace and freedom in Eastern Europe and the Middle East.

June 26, 2024

Source : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Eiffel_Tower_High_Res.jpg
-Vice-President Rubio arrives in Paris, France where he meets French President Jean-Luc Melenchon. During their joint press conference in Paris, both men praised the strength of their countries’ relationship as France was the first country to recognize the United States’ independence and helped them to secure it in the American Revolution; America’s joining the Triple Entente in World War I ensured decisive victory over the Triple Alliance; the United States freed France from Nazi occupation during World War II after the D-Day landings (which 80th anniversary has been recently celebrated); as France and the United States stood up to the Soviet Union during the Cold War, freed Kuwait from Saddam Hussein’s occupation during the Gulf War, stood together in the War on Terror after 9/11 for the sake of the preservation of freedom and democracy, defeated ISIS (that was the perpetrator of the 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris and of the 2016 one at the Promenade des Anglais in Nice) and are now standing up with their allies to ensure the success of Operation Ceasefire through the provision of military material and training to the Kurds and are turning the page to decades of feud with Russia thanks to the election of Sergei Polonsky as Russian President. Talking about the need to expand free trade with the European continent and to champion energy independence, Vice-President Rubio mentions his energy plan that would make America #1 in nuclear energy production and export by building 40 new nuclear power plants in the U.S. through tax credits for advanced nuclear projects and subsidies for building new nuclear power plants and declares that it will further reinforce France’s status as a partner to the U.S. in terms of nuclear energy import, which President Melenchon welcomed as nuclear energy generates almost 80 % of France’s electricity and will also diminish terrorist organizations' ability to organize attacks against the free world through revenues from energy dependence through imports of oil from countries in throes of terrorism.

June 27, 2024
-Vice-President Rubio visits Mexico City, Mexico where he meets Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador with whom he discussed issues such as the need for partnership to combat drug cartels as well as energy, free trade and relief aids to each other countries after hurricanes.

June 28-29, 2024
-Campaign in Davenport, Iowa with Kim Reynolds, Pat Grassley and Joni Ernst
-Economic policy speech in Davenport, IA
-Agriculture policy speech in Davenport, IA
-Foreign policy speech in Davenport, IA
-Rally with voters in Davenport, IA
-Phone banking in Davenport, IA
-Campaign in Muscatine, IA
-Manufacturing policy speech in Muscatine, IA
-Energy policy speech in Muscatine, IA
-Campaign in Tipton, IA
-Campaign in Clinton, IA
-School choice policy speech in Clinton, IA
-Campaign in Dubuque, IA
-Free trade policy speech in Dubuque, IA
-National security policy speech in Dubuque, IA
-Campaign in Independence, IA
-Social security policy speech in Independence, IA
-Campaign in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Free enterprise policy speech in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Rally with voters in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Campaign in Iowa City, IA
-Veterans policy speech in Iowa City, IA
-Campaign in Marengo, IA
-Campaign in Montezuma, IA
-Health care policy speech in Montezuma, IA
-Campaign in Newton, IA
-Tax reform policy speech in Newton, IA
-Campaign in Nevada, IA
-Campaign in Des Moines, IA
-Energy independence policy speech in Des Moines, IA
-Global peace policy speech in Des Moines, IA
-Rally with voters in Des Moines, IA
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #329 on: April 14, 2020, 08:19:37 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2020, 09:58:16 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 2

(Own creation)

June 30-July 1, 2024
-Campaign in Kalamazoo, Michigan with John James
-Economic policy speech at Fabri-Kal headquarters in Kalamazoo, MI
-Fundraising event the Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites hotel in Kalamazoo, MI
-Meet with college voters at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, MI
-Campaign in Portage, MI
-Foreign policy speech at the Air Zoo in Portage, MI
-Campaign in Galesburg, MI
-Campaign in Grand Rapids, MI
-Free enterprise policy speech in Grand Rapids, MI
-National security policy speech in Grand Rapids, MI
-Rally with voters at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, MI
-Campaign in Wyoming, MI
-Energy policy speech in Wyoming, MI
-Health care policy speech in Wyoming, MI
-Campaign in East Grand Rapids, MI
-Tax cut policy speech in East Grand Rapids, MI
-Campaign in Charlotte, MI
-Infrastructure policy speech in Charlotte, MI
-Campaign in Potterville, MI
-Manufacturing policy speech in Potterville, MI
-Campaign in Grand Ledge, MI
-Campaign in Eaton Rapids, MI
-Campaign in Lansing, MI
-Middle-class tax relief policy speech in Lansing, MI
-Veterans policy speech in Lansing, MI
-Energy independence policy speech at the Otto E. Eckert power plant in Lansing, MI
-Campaign in Baldwin, MI
-Education policy speech in Baldwin, MI
-Campaign in Luther, MI
-Campaign in Muskegon, MI
-Free trade policy speech in Muskegon, MI
-Rally with voters at the L.C. Walker Arena in Muskegon, MI
-Campaign in North Muskegon, MI
-Town hall meeting with voters in North Muskegon, MI
-Campaign in Roosevelt Park, MI
-Medicare policy speech in Roosevelt Park, MI
-Campaign in Montague, MI
-School choice policy speech in Montague, MI
-Campaign in Whitehall, MI
-Campaign in Hartford, MI
-Agriculture policy speech in Hartford, MI
-Campaign in Bangor, MI
-Campaign in South Haven, MI
-Economic policy speech in South Haven, MI
-Space policy speech in South Haven, MI
-Campaign in Gobles, MI
-Small business policy speech in Gobles, MI

July 2-3, 2024
-Campaign in Honesdale, Pennsylvania
-Manufacturing policy speech in Honesdale, PA
-Campaign in Derry, PA
-Economic policy speech in Derry, PA
-Campaign in Londonderry, PA
-Nuclear energy policy speech at Three Mile Island Nuclear Generating Station in Londonderry, PA
-Campaign in Shanksville, PA
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Shanksville, PA
-Campaign in Media, PA
-Free trade policy speech in Media, PA
-Town hall meeting with voters in Media, PA
-Campaign in Yeadon, PA
-Campaign in Upper Darby, PA
-Middle-class tax relief policy speech in Upper Darby, PA
-Health care policy speech in Upper Darby, PA
-Campaign in Chester, PA
-Energy policy speech in Chester, PA
-National security policy speech in Chester, PA
-Rally with voters at Subaru Park in Chester, PA
-Campaign in West Chester, PA
-Small business policy speech in West Chester, PA
-Freedom of religion policy speech in West Chester, PA
-Campaign in Cheltenham, PA
-Campaign in Philadelphia, PA
-Phone banking in Philadelphia, PA
-Economic policy speech in Philadelphia, PA
-Foreign policy speech in Philadelphia, PA in response to Putin’s coup d’État attempt in Russia :

Own creation
Russian state media has recently reported that former Russian President Vladimir Putin, a gangster and murderer not interested in peace and seeking to destroy freedom and liberty, along with former Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev had been planning a coup against newly elected President Sergei Polonsky, seeking his overthrow and the reinstallment of a Putin regime, under which a new constitution would be drawn up wherein Putin could serve for life. But fortunately, FSB agents reported this to Polonsky, having obtained the information under the guise of being co-conspirators and they arrested Medvedev and Putin has fled to China where Xi Jinping gave him asylum. We are making it absolutely clear that Polonsky has the United States’ full support and when I’m President, this great friend to America will continue to have this support because we are a free democratic republic that stands up for the preservation and expansion of freedom, democracy and justice. And we’re going to do that by developping strong intelligence collaboration between our two countries to prevent any anti-Democratic coup and to combat global terrorism, by toughening sanctions on any country granting asylum to Putin and by freezing Putin's assets. And when I’m President, we’re going to normalize relations between Washington and Moscow in the first 100 days of my administration and Polonsky and myself will work hard together for the maintenance of peace, stability, democracy and freedom and the respect of human rights in Eastern Europe and in the Middle East. We will ratify the Fissile Material Cut-Off Treaty to prohibit the use of fissile material for the building nuclear weapons, thus eliminating any risk of nuclear war. We will be strong partners for the development of decent trade relations between our two countries for the sake of our prosperity and peaceful collaboration. Thanks to my foreign policy experience (I served in the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and as Vice-President of the United States), we’re going to get there and ensure long-term global peace through strength and long-term global stability and that’s why I’m asking for your vote in order to make such strong global peace through strength and the expansion of freedom a reality.

-Education policy speech in Philadelphia, PA
-Veterans policy speech in Philadelphia, PA
-Fundraising event at the Philadelphia Museum of Art in Philadelphia, PA
-Rally with voters at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts in Philadelphia, PA
-Campaign in Lock Haven, PA
-National security policy speech in Lock Haven, PA
-Coal policy speech in Lock Haven, PA
-Campaign in Bald Eagle, PA
-Campaign in Woodward, PA
-Campaign in Reading, PA
-Global peace policy speech in Reading, PA
-Tax reform policy speech in Reading, PA
-Rally with voters at FirstEnergy Stadium in Reading, PA
-Economic policy speech at Boscov’s headquarters in Reading, PA
-Campaign in Wyomissing, PA
-Agriculture policy speech in Wyomissing, PA
-Campaign in Blandon, PA
-SCOTUS policy speech in Blandon, PA
-Campaign in Beaver, PA
-Manufacturing policy speech in Beaver, PA
-Campaign in Aliquippa, PA
-Energy independence policy speech in Aliquippa, PA
-Infrastructure policy speech in Aliquippa, PA
-Phone banking in Aliquippa, PA
-Campaign in Economy, PA
-Town hall meeting with voters in Economy, PA
-Campaign in Ellwood City, PA
-Campaign in Ambridge, PA

July 4, 2024
-Campaign in Lake Alfred, Florida with Pam Bondi, Rick Scott and Ron De Santis
-Tax reform policy speech in Lake Alfred, FL
-Campaign in Auburndale, FL
-Speech in Auburndale, FL reminding voters that Rubio was among the 22 Republican senators who, unlike the majority of their party, supported a $2 billion emergency funding to combat the Zika virus while Florida accounted for 20 % of Zika recorded cases because he put Florida first and takes on the occasion that what he did for Florida he will do for America.
-Campaign in Lakeland, FL
-Agriculture policy speech in Lakeland, FL
-Free trade policy speech in Lakeland, FL
-National security policy speech in Lakeland, FL
-Campaign in Eagle Lake, FL
-Campaign in Bushnell, FL
-School choice policy speech in Bushnell, FL
-Campaign in The Villages, FL
-Rally with voters at Polo Stadium in The Villages, FL
-Campaign in Ocala, FL
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Ocala, FL
-Health care policy speech in Ocala, FL
-Campaign in Gainesville, FL
-Social security policy speech in Gainesville, FL
-Space policy speech in Gainesville, FL
-Free enterprise policy speech in Gainesville, FL
-Middle-class tax relief policy speech in Gainesville, FL
-Campaign in Orlando, FL
-Veterans policy speech in Orlando, FL
-Economic policy speech in Orlando, FL
-Free trade policy speech in Orlando, FL
-Rally with voters at the Silver Spurs Arena in Orlando, FL
-Campaign in Jacksonville, FL
-Foreign policy speech in Jacksonville
-Energy policy speech in Jacksonville, FL
-Small business policy speech in Jacksonville, FL
-Infrastructure policy speech in Jacksonville, FL
-Vice-President Rubio celebrates Independence Day with family and supporters through barbecue parties and fireworks in Miami, Florida :

Source : https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/USS_Bonhomme_Richard_Fourth_of_July_%27steel_beach%27_picnic_150704-N-AY934-087.jpg
My fellow Americans, almost 250 years ago, our Founding Fathers successfully fought tyranny, declared the independence of a new country named the United States of America and we obtained it through engagement patriotism. During all the 248 years of America's existence, until today, we always fought for our freedom diplomatically, militarily, economically and socially and we always managed to overcome our challenges through conviction and audacity like we will always do. When my parents came here, in Miami, as immigrants, they learned about the opportunities that the American Dream is offering for every single American through hard-working and these opportunities gave their children, including me, a better life, which helped them to make their way in the American society. We need to expand that dream and make it more accessible for all Americans through job creation, free market promotion, education reform and fight against poverty, thus resulting to economic prosperity that will bring the American people together, make sure that America’s greatness has no limits and that America’s best days are ahead of us.

Thank you and happy Independence Day my friends, God bless you all and God bless the United States of America!

July 5-6, 2024
-Campaign in Medina, Ohio with Mary Taylor
-Energy policy speech in Medina, OH
-Agriculture policy speech in Medina, OH
-Campaign in Barberton, OH
-SCOTUS policy speech in Barberton, OH
-Campaign in Hudson, OH
-Small business policy speech at the Hudson Chamber of Commerce in Hudson, OH
-Campaign in Norton, OH
-Campaign in Akron, OH
-Manufacturing policy speech at GOJO Industries headquarters in Akron, OH
-Energy policy speech at FirstEnergy headquarters in Akron, OH
-Rally with voters at InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field in Akron, OH
-Campaign in Chardon, OH
-Campaign in Ravenna, OH
-Health care policy speech in Ravenna, OH
-Campaign in Kent, OH
-Infrastructure policy speech in Kent, OH
-Campaign in Aurora, OH
-Free trade policy speech in Aurora, OH
-Town hall meeting with voters in Aurora, OH
-Campaign in Niles, OH
-Rally with voters at Eastwood Field in Niles, OH
-Campaign in Youngstown, OH
-Coal policy speech in Youngstown, OH
-Meet with voters at Youngstown State University in Youngstown, OH
-Campaign in Warren, OH
-Nuclear energy policy speech in Warren, OH
-Campaign in Jefferson, OH
-Campaign in Ashtabula, OH
-Town hall meeting with voters in Ashtabula, OH
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Ashtabula, OH
-Campaign in Painesville, OH
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Painesville, OH
-Campaign in Youngstown, OH
-Campaign in Mentor, OH
-Middle-class tax cut policy speech in Mentor, OH
-Veterans policy speech in Mentor, OH
-Campaign in Louisville, OH
-Campaign in Canton, OH
-Education policy speech in Canton, OH
-Tax reform policy speech in Canton, OH
-Campaign in Athens, OH
-Free enterprise policy speech in Athens, OH
-National security policy speech in Athens, OH
-Immigration policy speech in Athens, OH
-Manufacturing policy speech in Athens, OH
-Meet with college voters at Ohio University in Athens, OH
-Campaign in Columbus, OH
-Economic policy speech in Columbus, OH
-Foreign policy speech in Columbus, OH
-Space policy speech in Columbus, OH
-Rally with voters at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, OH

July 7-8, 2024
-Campaign in Atlanta, Georgia with Brian Kemp
-Economic policy speech in Atlanta, GA
-Foreign policy speech in Atlanta, GA
-Rally with voters at State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
-Campaign in Marietta, GA
-Veterans policy speech in Marietta, GA
-National security policy speech at Dobbins Air Reserve Base in Marietta, GA
-Tax reform policy speech in Marietta, GA
-Campaign in Austell, GA
-Phone banking in Austell, GA
-Gun rights policy speech in Austell, GA
-Social security policy speech in Austell, GA
-Campaign in Powder Springs, GA
-Agriculture policy speech in Powder Springs, GA
-Campaign in Douglasville, GA
-SCOTUS policy speech in Douglasville, GA
-Small business policy speech in Douglasville, GA
-Campaign in Villa Rica, GA
-Free enterprise policy speech in Villa Rica, GA
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Villa Rica, GA
-Campaign in Newton, GA
-Campaign in Arlington, GA
-Manufacturing policy speech in Arlington, GA
-Campaign in Blakely, GA
-Health care policy speech in Blakely, GA
-Campaign in Georgetown, GA
-Education policy speech in Georgetown, GA
-Campaign in Columbus, GA
-Campaign in Columbus, GA
-Space policy speech in Columbus, GA
-Global peace policy speech in Columbus, GA
-Rally with voters at Columbus Civic Center in Columbus, GA
-Campaign in Hardwick, GA
-Campaign in Milledgeville, GA
-Middle-class tax cut policy speech in Milledgeville, GA
-Energy policy speech in Milledgeville, GA
-Campaign in Athens, GA
-Economic policy speech in Athens, GA
-Free market policy speech in Athens, GA
-Free trade policy speech in Athens, GA
-Foreign policy speech in Athens, GA
-Campaign across the Atlanta suburbs on economy, taxes, middle-class tax relief, energy, SCOTUS, gun rights, immigration, free trade, manufacturing, social issues, foreign policy, space policy as well as on Rubio’s experience and political career accomplishments

July 9-10, 2024
-Campaign in Silver Bay, Minnesota with Kim Reynolds, Scott Walker and Tim Pawlenty
-Campaign in Two Harbors, MN
-Infrastructure policy speech in Two Harbors, MN
-Economic policy speech in Two Harbors, MN
-Campaign in International Falls, MN
-Agriculture policy speech in International Falls, MN
-Campaign in Littlefork, MN
-Campaign in Grand Rapids, MN
-Manufacturing policy speech in Grand Rapids, MN
-Campaign in Coleraine, MN
-Health care policy speech in Coleraine, MN
-Campaign in Cohasset, MN
-Campaign in Bemidji, MN
-Tax reform policy speech in Bemidji, MN
-Veterans policy speech in Bemidji, MN
-Campaign in Mahnomen, MN
-Infrastructure policy speech in Mahnomen, MN
-Campaign in Ada, MN
-Free trade policy speech in Ada, MN
-Campaign in Moorhead, MN
-Economic policy speech at American Crystal Sugar Company headquarters in Moorhead, MN
-Campaign in Dilworth, MN
-Campaign in Benson, MN
-Energy independence policy speech in Benson, MN
-Campaign in Maple Grove, MN
-Nuclear energy policy speech in Maple Grove, MN
-National security policy speech in Maple Grove, MN
-Campaign in Coon Rapids, MN
-Town hall meeting with voters in Coon Rapids, MN
-Campaign in Burnsville, MN
-Education policy speech in Burnsville, MN
-Small business policy speech in Burnsville, MN
-Campaign in Apple Valley, MN
-Campaign in Minneapolis, MN
-Middle-class tax cut policy speech in Minneapolis, MN
-Economic policy speech at Target Corporation headquarters in Minneapolis, MN
-Foreign policy speech in Minneapolis, MN
-Rally with voters at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, MN

July 11-12, 2024
-Campaign in Las Vegas, Nevada with Adam Laxalt and Dean Heller
-Economic policy speech in Las Vegas, NV
-Meet with college voters at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas, NV
-Fundraising event at The Strat in Las Vegas, NV
-Immigration policy speech in Las Vegas, NV
-Foreign policy speech in Las Vegas, NV
-Rally with voters at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV
-Energy policy speech in Las Vegas, NV
-Infrastructure policy speech in Las Vegas, NV
-Campaign in Paradise, NV
-SCOTUS policy speech in Paradise, NV
-Free trade policy speech in Paradise, NV
-Veterans policy speech in Paradise, NV
-Middle-class tax reform policy speech in Paradise, NV
-Campaign in Carson City, NV
-Tax reform policy speech in Carson City, NV
-Campaign in Reno, NV
-Manufacturing policy speech in Reno, NV
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Reno, NV
-Free enterprise policy speech in Reno, NV
-Space exploration policy speech in Reno, NV
-Campaign in Dover, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech in Dover, NH
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Dover, NH
-Town hall meeting with voters in Dover, NH
-Campaign in Rochester, NH
-Health care policy speech in Rochester, NH
-Energy policy speech in Rochester, NH
-Campaign in Somersworth, NH
-Tax reform policy speech in Somersworth, NH
-Veterans policy speech in Somersworth, NH
-Campaign in Milton, NH
-Agriculture policy speech in Milton, NH
-Free trade policy speech in Milton, NH
-Campaign in Ossipee, NH
-Manufacturing policy speech in Ossipee, NH
-Campaign in Conway, NH
-Education policy speech in Conway, NH
-Middle-class tax relief policy speech in Conway, NH
-Campaign in Wakefield, NH
-National security policy speech in Wakefield, NH
-Campaign in Moultonborough, NH
-Campaign in Sandwich, NH
-Campaign in Claremont, NH
-Foreign policy speech in Claremont, NH
-Free enterprise policy speech in Claremont, NH
-Campaign in Newport, NH
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Newport, NH
-Small government policy speech in Newport, NH
-Free market policy speech in Newport, NH
-Campaign in Grantham, NH
-Campaign in Plainfield, NH

July 13, 2024
-Campaign in El Paso, Texas with Ted Cruz, Will Hurd and Gregg Abbott
-Economic policy speech in El Paso, TX
-Fundraising event in El Paso, TX
-Agriculture policy speech in El Paso, TX
-Health care policy speech in El Paso, TX
-Campaign in Alpine, TX
-Education policy speech in Alpine, TX
-Gun rights policy speech in Alpine, TX
-Campaign in Beaumont, TX
-Energy policy speech at the Port of Beaumont in Beaumont, TX
-Space policy speech in Beaumont, TX
-SCOTUS policy speech in Beaumont, TX
-Campaign in Houston, TX
-Foreign policy speech in Houston, TX
-Free enterprise policy speech in Houston, TX
-Campaign in Sealy, TX
-Campaign in Lakehills, TX
-Campaign in Angleton, TX
-Tax-cut policy speech in Angleton, TX
-Campaign in Alpine, TX
-Campaign in San Antonio, TX
-Free trade policy speech in San Antonio, TX
-Rally with voters at Nelson W. Wolff Municipal Stadium in San Antonio, TX
-National security policy speech in San Antonio, TX
-Immigration policy speech in San Antonio, TX
-Veterans policy speech in San Antonio, TX
-Campaign in Longview, TX
-Small business policy speech in Longview, TX
-SCOTUS policy speech in Longview, TX
-Campaign in Marshall, TX
-Town hall meeting with voters in Marshall, TX
-Campaign in Dallas, TX
-Energy independence policy speech in Dallas, TX
-Manufacturing policy speech in Dallas, TX
-Campaign in Garland, TX
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Garland, TX
-Campaign in Fort Worth, TX
-Nuclear energy policy speech in Fort Worth, TX
-Global peace speech in Fort Worth, TX
-
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #330 on: April 15, 2020, 05:46:48 PM »

Tammy Duckworth July Schedule

Source

July 1-3rd: Iowa

- Fly to Des Moines
- Rally in Des Moines
- Meet with volunteers in West Des Moines
- Townhall in Marshalltown
- Rally in Cedar Rapids
- Rally in Waterloo
- Rally in Dubuque

"We hear so much from the Vice President about the thriving economy, so let's talk about that. When wages are stagnating, income inequality is growing, and automation is threatening to fundamentally change the landscape of our economy, I don't think you can claim the economy is working for everyone. The truth is, this administration is trying to hold on to the past rather than plan for the future. That's why I'm rolling out a plan to tackle automation and protect our economy. The first plank of this economic plan is to commit to an automation tax, taking away the fiscal incentive to automate a job. The second plank is a federal retraining program, this program works with state governments to train displaced workers for high demand jobs. The truth is, we must modernize our workforce in this way to prevent an even larger economic divide."

- Rally in Davenport

July 4th: Illinois

- Celebrate 4th of July with family, attend parade in Chicago

July 5-7th: Texas

- Fly to Dallas
- Rally in Dallas
- Rally in Fort Worth
- Rally in Waco
- Rally in Austin
- Rally in San Antonio

July 8-9th: Colorado

- Fly to Denver
- Joint rally with Governor Polis in Denver
- Meet with volunteers in Denver
- Rally in Aurora
- Rally in Boulder

July 10-13th: Georgia

- Fly to Atlanta
- Rally in Atlanta
- Rally in Macon
- Rally in Warner Robins
- Rally in Savannah
- Rally in Augusta
- Rally in Athens
- Townhalls in Atlanta suburbs
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #331 on: April 16, 2020, 09:24:28 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2020, 09:38:54 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Senator Duckworth in Davenport, Iowa

Once again, Senator Duckworth questioned the effectiveness of free enterprise and tax reform in handling the economic challenges facing this country. Well, let me remind you that the only one presidential candidate in this race who has chaired the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship is me. I fought to pass legislation that lowered small businesses' fiscal burden in order to strengthen their ability to compete, to produce, to manufacture, to hire and to create jobs. And in the context of the Coronavirus, which took place under my tenure as Chairman of that Committee and which was threatening to shatter the economy, I helped pass a $377 billion lifeline for small businesses and me and Senator Cardin worked with states to approve the Economic Injury Disaster Loans for businesses affected by COVID-19, which helped those businesses to remain competitive and to earn the necessary tools to pursue their economic activities, thus helping to avoid an economic slowdown and to allow America to pursue the economic growth of the last 8 years. Because 7 out of 10 jobs in America are created by small businesses. So the best way to avoid an economic slowdown or a recession and to face America's economic challenges is to make America the best place in the world to do business, not punish them like my opponent is seeking to do through higher job-killing taxes and regulations, bigger size of government and deeper dependence on foreign energy, which are actually the policies that will hold on to the past by moving us backwards. I know what it takes to keep this economy growing and encourage job creation and that's what we're doing and that's what we will keep doing under my presidency thanks to my experience, leadership and background.

It is thanks to the adoption of the largest tax cuts in the history of this nation that we got America to the strongest economic growth in modern history. Thanks to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and to my legislation effort to pass an amendment to double the child tax credit to $2000 we made America the business-friendly environment in the world, helped creating 7 and a half million jobs, provided the lowest Hispanic and African-American unemployment rates ever as well as the lowest national unemployment rate in more than 50 years. And these tax reform policies also benefited as it resulted to a family of four with annual income of $73,000 (median family income) seeing a tax cut of more than $2,058 (which represents a 58 percent reduction in federal taxes), to a single parent with one child earning anually $41 000 of $1,304 (a 73 % reduction in federal taxes). And 90 % of taxpayers with annual income between $64,000 and $108,000 earned an average federal tax cut of $1400 in 2018. Nine out of ten taxpayers winning between $40,000 and $64,000 got an average federal tax cut of $810, while 87 percent of taxpayers with annual income between $108,000 and $232,000 saw an average federal tax cut of $2,710. The TCJA also doubled the standard deduction for an individual from $6,000 to $12,000 and for a family from $12,000 to $24,000. I'm not the one who says this, these are the words of the left of center Institute for Taxation and Economic Policy. As a consequence, the TCJA ensured higher wages for the hard-working families, including the middle-class. Yet, despite the benefits of these tax reform policies for the middle-class and for our economy in general, my opponent voted against it. But on the other hand, I have been consistent in fighting for the needs of the middle-class and hard-working Americans. And, of course, we still have work to do to make sure that all Americans will have good-paying jobs and that's why we need to do more to the middle-class and lower income Americans. And that requires keeping taxes low and passing a middle-class tax relief reducing the middle-class' taxes from 22 % to 15 % index capital gains for inflation and create a tax-preferred savings vehicle, which will reduce the fiscal burden of the middle-class and give them a fair chance to prosper, to find a job, to earn higher wages and to enjoy the American Dream. We're going to get America to energy independence by taking advantage of all of America's sources of energy (including oil, gas, coal, nuclear, solar, wind, geothermal, hydroelectric, etc.), investing a part of oil drilling revenues into the development of renewable energies and making us number one in nuclear energy production and export through the building of 40 new nuclear power plants in this country by 2050 and through tax credits for advanced nuclear projects and subsidies for the building of new nuclear power plants. We also need to expand free trade so we can counter China's cheating trade power and make our country the most competitive nation in the world economy, make U.S. products more accessible to international consumers, allow American businesses to make direct investments into foreign economies to produce goods at a lower cost in these environments and make America number one in auto production again. Thanks to that plan, we're going to get America to full-employment and long-term economic prosperity, expand the American Dream and preserve and reinforce America's status as the land of opportunity.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #332 on: April 16, 2020, 10:10:07 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2020, 11:14:41 AM by UWS »

Rubio's Surrogate Schedule

Second Lady of the United States campaigns for her husband in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, New Hampshire and Nevada on economy, veterans, foreign policy and experience

Amanda Rubio campaigns for her father in Nevada, Colorado, Texas, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Florida on economy, social issues and foreign policy.

Brian Kemp campaigns for Rubio in the Atlanta suburbs, in Georgia, on economy, taxes, social security, gun rights and foreign policy.

Greg Abbott, Ted Cruz and Will Hurd campaign for Rubio in Texas on taxes, economy, trade, energy, veterans, SCOTUS, gun rights and foreign policy.

Doug Ducey and Martha McSally campaign for Rubio in Arizona on economy, taxes, trade, energy, agriculture, veterans, SCOTUS, foreign policy and bi-partisanship. And to counter Gallego's strength in Arizona, McSally blasted him as a tax-hike liberal out of step with Arizonans despite the benefits of the economic progress of the last 8 years on Arizona (noting his votes to raise taxes and his support to the Iran nuclear deal that handed billions of dollars to a regime that was, at the time, the largest sponsor of global terror).

Joni Ernst and Jim Jordan campaign for Rubio in Iowa, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida on economy, free trade, energy, social issues and foreign policy.

John James, Scott Walker and Mary Taylor campaign for Rubio across the Midwest and the Rust Belt on economy, free trade, manufacturing, energy, social issues and foreign policy.

Ron De Santis campaigns for Rubio and Florida on economy, veterans, social issues, foreign policy, national security and experience.

Pam Bondi and Rick Scott campaign for Rubio on economy, veterans, foreign policy and space exploration.

Eric Cantor campaigns for Rubio in Virginia, North Carolina, Pesnnylvania, Georgia and Florida on economy, veterans, energy, free trade, education, social issues, foreign policy.

Tom Cotton campaigns for Rubio in Texas, Georgia, Iowa, Ohio, Arizona and Florida on economy, veterans and foreign policy. He touted the Vice-President's foreign policy experience, noting that whether it is on Operation Ceasefire, the threat represented by Boko Haram, the restoration of freedom in Russia through the election of Polonsky and Putin's failed attempted coup, Rubio is the only presidential candidate in this race who established a very strong, informed position that let the world know how he'll respond at those foreign policy issues as President at exactly the right time, praising him as the candidate ready to be PResident and Commander-in-Chief on Day One and as ready to make tough decisions to keep America safe against its enemies.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #333 on: April 16, 2020, 11:38:32 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2020, 01:43:16 PM by Entropy In Action »

TURN XV: July 13 - July 16
IRL: Apr. 17 - Apr. 20; extensions until Apr. 22 as needed

President Trump Approval Rating
Disapprove: 51%
Approve: 44%
Undecided: 5%

GE Polls:

Tammy Duckworth: 51%
Marco Rubio: 46%

DNC begins as polls show a tight presidential race

The Democratic National Convention has finally come, with thousands of party leaders and activists coming together in support of presumptive presidential and vice presidential nominees Tammy Duckworth (IL) and Ruben Gallego (AZ). Many note that this is the first election since 2012 in which the Democratic base seems well and truly united, as opposed to the Clinton vs. Sanders spat of 2016 and the Tulsi Gabbard candidacy of 2020. As a result, confidence is high among party officials that Senator Duckworth, in spite of the drastic drop in her lead in recent months, will defeat the Vice President in November. Time will tell if this proves to be the case.

Phil Scott leading GOP primary pack in Vermont, concerning Dems

Meanwhile in Vermont, popular former Governor Phil Scott (R) now holds a commanding lead in his party’s senatorial primary, raising concerns among Democrats that this generally thought to be safe Democratic seat could be contested in the fall. Scott has generally promised to “serve my state in the Senate as I did in the governor’s mansion,” a period during which he held an often 60+% approval rating. Scott, in general election polling, only trails incumbent Senator Anne Watson by 10 points, compared to more than 25 for all other Republicans running.

Alabama Republicans eagerly appeal suit against Roe-defying bill to Supreme Court

Little more than a month after Justice Sandoval was confirmed to the Supreme Court, the State of Alabama has appealed a lower court decision to strike down their highly controversial bill illegalizing the vast majority of abortions. Justices Alito, Gorsuch, Thomas, and Kavanaugh have agreed to hear the case, sparking outrage from groups such as NARAL and Planned Parenthood. Meanwhile, several pro-life groups, such as the Susan B. Anthony List, have lauded the decision, saying it will “end the murderous and crippling procedure of abortion in this country forever.” Justices Roberts and Sandoval, whom many believe to be the swing votes in this case, have declined to comment.

Polonsky severs numerous ties with China as Xi refuses to extradite Putin for trial

In the wake of a failed coup d’etat against Russian President Sergei Polonsky, he has severed ties with the People’s Republic of China after President Xi Jinping refused to extradite former President Vladimir Putin into Russian custody. Polonsky has stated that “our new allies in Europe and the Americas can easily supply that which we lose from expunging these agreements, and, furthermore, I would remind President Xi that the era of dictators in the East appears to be coming to an end.” Xi, for his part, called Polonsky’s words and actions “standard bluster for a sycophant of the West,” and stated his own belief that Polonsky won the 2024 presidential election unfairly, a conspiracy theory popular in China and among pro-Putin dissenters in Russia, but generally disregarded outside these spheres.

Trump decrees Operation Ceasefire a “truly brilliant success” as peace talks begin with Oktay

After months of fighting, the Turkish government under acting President Fuat Oktay has agreed to an armistice and the beginning of peace talks. This led President Trump, who ordered the invasion, to claim it a “truly brilliant success,” although his detractors have pointed out that many recent victories would not have been possible had Russia not pulled out of the war following the election of President Polonsky. Trump has also declared that he will “hammer out a better deal for our troops and for the Turkish people than happened in Iraq or Afghanistan, which proved to be terrible, terrible peace deals that led to massive amounts of death and destruction.” Many, however, note that neither Oktay nor Greek President Katerina Sakellaropoulou is willing to accept the other holding the contested city of Istanbul/Constantinople, with the Greeks shooting down a popular referendum to determine ownership out of a belief that “the Turks would flood into the city to take it now as the did 600 years ago.” It remains to be seen how this will be resolved.

Marcelo Ebrard elected President of Mexico

With anti-Trump sentiment still high and AMLO's approval ratings equally high in Mexico, Marcelo Ebrard, President Lopez Obrador's former Secretary of Foreign Affairs, has been elected the next President, running under the banner of MORENA, the President's party. Ebrard ran on a message of continuing the policies of President Lopez Obrador, and secured an easy victory. President Trump stated that he "looked forward" to working with Ebrard, but privately Trump has expressed his dislike for the new President, pointing to his "insistence on keeping up the climate hoax," an issue which Ebrard hit on numerous times during the campaign, often openly criticizing the United States's policy on it. It remains to be seen how the two men will get along throughout the year.

(If there were any follow-ups/additional news stories I missed, please let me know.)
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #334 on: April 18, 2020, 11:28:05 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2020, 03:40:45 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's list of potential running mates (updated as of July)

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joni_Ernst#/media/File:Joni_Ernst_official_portrait.jpg
Joni Ernst, age 54, U.S. Senator from Iowa

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikki_Haley#/media/File:Nikki_Haley_official_photo.jpg
Nikki Haley, age 52, former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N.

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_E._James#/media/File:John_James.png
John James, age 43, U.S. Senator from Michigan

Source : https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?search=mary+taylor+ohio&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go&ns0=1&ns6=1&ns12=1&ns14=1&ns100=1&ns106=1#/media/File:Lt._Gov._Mary_Taylor_visits_178th_Fighter_Wing.jpg
Mary Taylor, age 58, U.S. Senator from Ohio

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Walker_politician)#/media/File:Scott_Walker_by_Gage_Skidmore_4.jpg
Scott Walker, age 57, Governor of Wisconsin
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2020, 12:14:31 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2020, 12:28:29 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule

(Own creation)

July 13, 2024
-Campaign in Newton, North Carolina with Eric Cantor
-Tax reform policy speech in Newton, NC
-Gun rights policy speech in Newton, NC
-Campaign in Conover, NC
-Agriculture policy speech in Conover, NC
-Campaign in Hickory, NC
-Economic policy speech in Hickory, NC
-Energy policy speech in Hickory, NC
-Rally with voters at Hickory Motor Speedway in Hickory, NC
-Meet with college voters at Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, NC
-Agriculture policy speech in Hickory, NC
-Campaign in Morgantown, NC
-Health care policy speech in Morganton, NC
-SCOTUS policy speech in Morganton, NC
-Campaign in Spencer, NC
-Campaign in Landis, NC
-Manufacturing policy speech in Landis, NC
-Campaign in Kannapolis, NC
-Free trade policy speech in Kannapolis, NC
-Town hall meeting with voters in Kannapolis, NC
-Campaign in Nashville, NC
-Infrastructure policy speech in Nashville, NC
-Campaign in Red Oak, NC
-Veterans policy speech in Red Oak, NC
-Campaign in Rocky Mount, NC
-Small business policy speech in Rocky Mount, NC
-National security policy speech in Rocky Mount, NC
-Middle-class tax cut policy speech in Rocky Mount, NC
-Rally with voters at Rocky Mount Event Center in Rocky Mount, NC
-Campaign in Lumberton, NC
-Education policy speech in Lumberton, NC
-Energy independence policy speech in Lumberton, NC
-Campaign in Creedmoor, NC
-Campaign in Oxford, NC
-Free enterprise policy speech in Oxford, NC
-Campaign in Durham, NC
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Durham, NC
-Rally with voters at Cameroon Door Stadium in Durham, NC
-Space policy speech in Durham, NC
-Campaign in Raleigh, NC
-Fundraising event in Raleigh, NC
-Economic policy speech in Raleigh, NC
-Foreign policy speech in Raleigh, NC in response to the beginning of the peace talks with Turkey in the aftermath of Operation Ceasefire :

Source : https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/rubio-tours-eglin-air-force-base
Recently, in the aftermath of the success of Operation Ceasefire, the President has announced that peace talks with the Turkish regime are about to begin. We managed to get there thanks to strong American leadership, to our support to our allies in the region, to the military training and material support that we provided to the Kurds to help them defeat Erdogan's Turkish forces and to strong diplomacy that sanctioned their military power as well as their oil sector and their economy in general. And thanks to strong diplomacy, we also got Sergei Polonsky's Russia to pull out Russian troops from Turkey, which gave us the upper hand at the point of leading us to victory against Turkey. And thanks to the start of the peace talks with Otkay, we are now on the right track to restore freedom, stability and peace in the Middle East.

As President, I will pursue that kind of leadership and will pursue those peace talks to make sure that Kurdistan's independence and sovereignty will be recognized. And we’re going to build strong relations with Kurdistan, diplomatically, economically, militarily and politically. And we will be strong partners for the maintainance of peace, stability and security and for the respect of human rights in the Middle East because that is the key to long-term peace and solid security and freedom.

July 14, 2024
-Campaign in Jacksonville, FL with Ron DeSantis and Pam Bondi
-Economic policy speech in Jacksonville, FL
-Tax reform policy speech in Jacksonville, FL
-Foreign policy speech at Naval Air Station Jacksonville in Jacksonville, FL :

President Xi Jinping has refused to extradite former President Vladimir Putin into Russian custody in the aftermath of his failed attempted coup aimed at re-establishing the Putin regime. Xi's move demonstrate once again that he's an enemy of freedom and peace. That's why Polonsky recently increased sanctions on China in order to stand up for the preservation of freedom and democracy. As Polonsky said, the era of dictators in the East is coming to an end and that's also what is happening right now in Turkey thanks to the success of Operation Ceasefire and to the support we provided to our allies into this campaign. And that's why, in order to protect freedom, justice and democracy in Russia and around the world, we're going to freeze Putin's assets and toughen sanctions on any country giving asylum to Putin. And thanks to a normalization of our relations with Polonsky's Russia and to a ratification of the Fissile Material Cut-Off Treaty, we're going to eliminate any risk of nuclear war, preserve, strengthen and expand freedom, justice, democracy, integrity, stability and peace in the Middle East. When I'm President of the United States, America will lead by leading, not by following because American leadership is needed in order to champion the preservation of peace, freedom and democracy and that's exactly what I will bring as President.

-Rally with voters at the 121 Financial Park in Jacksonville, FL
-Social security policy speech in Jacksonville, FL
-Fundraising event in Jacksonville, FL
-Campaign in Jacksonville Beach, FL
-Infrastructure policy speech in Jacksonville Beach, FL
-Campaign in Bunnell, FL
-Health care policy speech in Bunnell, FL
-Campaign in Palm Coast, FL
-Free trade policy speech in Palm Coast, FL
-Agriculture policy speech in Palm Coast, FL
-Campaign in DeLand, FL
-Town hall meeting with voters in DeLand, FL
-Campaign in Deltona, FL
-Education policy speech in Deltona, FL
-Small business policy speech in Deltona, FL
-Campaign in Daytona Beach, FL
-Energy policy speech in Daytona Beach, FL
-National security policy speech in Daytona Beach, FL
-Rally with voters at the Jackie Robinson Ballpark in Daytona Beach, FL
-Campaign in Titusville, FL
-Veterans policy speech in Titusville, FL
-Campaign in Palm Bay, FL
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Palm Bay, FL
-Campaign in Melbourne, FL
-Space policy speech in Melbourne, FL
-Campaign in Orlando, FL
-Manufacturing policy speech in Orlando, FL
-Small business policy speech in Orlando, FL
-Energy independence policy speech in Orlando, FL
-Rally with voters at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, FL

July 15, 2024
-Campaign in Denver, Colorado where VP Rubio responds to the election of Marcelo Ebrard as President of Mexico by declaring that if elected President of the United States, he and Ebrard will put their political differences aside and work hard together for the development of strong trade relations between the 2 countries, to stand up to opression in Cuba and to combat climate change through responsible policies, reiterating his energy plan that will encourage the development of renewable energies through the investment of oil drilling revenues into it and make America the world's leader in terms of nuclear energy production and export.
-Campaign in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
-Economic policy speech in Wilkes-Barre, PA
-Energy policy speech in Wilkes-Barre, PA
-Manufacturing policy speech in Wilkes-Barre, PA
-Meet with college voters at Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, PA
-Campaign in Nanticoke, PA
-Free trade policy speech in Nanticoke, PA
-Campaign in Pittston, PA
-Tax reform policy speech in Pittston, PA
-Campaign in Scranton, PA
-Energy independence policy speech in Scranton, PA
-Agriculture policy speech in Scranton, PA
-Campaign in Lansford, PA
-Middle-class tax relief policy speech in Lansford, PA
-Education policy speech in Lansford, PA
-Campaign in Nesquehoning, PA
-Town hall meeting with voters in Nesquehoning, PA
-Campaign in Palmerton, PA
-Campaign in Mercer, PA
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Mercer, PA
-Campaign in Farrell, PA
-Small business policy speech in Farrell, PA
-Campaign in Hermitage, PA
-National security policy speech in Hermitage, PA
-Campaign in Sharon, PA
-Nuclear energy policy speech in Sharon, PA
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Sharon, PA
-Campaign in New Castle, PA
-Infrastructure policy speech in New Castle, PA
-Campaign in Pittsburgh, PA
-Free enterprise policy speech in Pittsburgh, PA
-Health care policy speech in Pittsburgh, PA
-Space policy speech in Pittsburgh, PA
-Meet with college voters at the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA
-Rally with voters at Petersen Events Center in Pittsburgh, PA
-Campaign in Springport, Michigan with John James and Tom Barrett
-Campaign in Jackson, MI
-Economic policy speech in Jackson, MI
-Manufacturing policy speech in Jackson, MI
-Town hall meeting with voters in Jackson, MI
-Campaign in Buchanan, MI
-Tax cut policy speech in Buchanan, MI
-Campaign in Benton Harbor, MI
-Energy policy speech in Benton Harbor, MI
-Campaign in New Buffalo, MI
-Campaign in Niles, MI
-Free trade policy speech in Niles, MI
-National security policy speech in Niles, MI
-Campaign in St. Joseph, MI
-Agriculture policy speech in St. Joseph, MI
-Free enterprise policy speech in St. Joseph, MI
-Foreign policy speech in St. Joseph, MI
-Campaign in Centreville, MI
-Campaign in Sturgis, MI
-Tax reform policy speech in Sturgis, MI
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Sturgis, MI

July 16, 2024
-Campaign in Bethlehem, New Hampshire with Larry Hogan
-Tax reform policy speech in Bethlehem, NH
-Campaign in Ashland, NH
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Ashland, NH
-Campaign in Alexandria, NH
-Town hall meeting with voters in Alexandria, NH
-Campaign in Haverland, NH
-Manufacturing policy speech in Haverland, NH
-Free trade policy speech in Haverland, NH
-Campaign in Lebanon, NH
-Economic policy speech in Lebanon, NH
-Agriculture policy speech in Lebanon, NH
-Education policy speech in Lebanon, NH
-Campaign in Lancaster, NH
-Health care policy speech in Lancaster, NH
-Campaign in Berlin, NH
-Energy policy speech in Berlin, NH
-Campaign in Phoenix, Arizona with Martha McSally and Doug Ducey
-Free enterprise policy speech in Phoenix, AZ
-Foreign policy speech in Phoenix, AZ
-Infrastructure policy speech in Phoenix, AZ
-Campaign in Tempe, AZ
-Medicare policy speech in Tempe, AZ
-Veterans policy speech in Tempe, AZ
-Campaign in Mesa, AZ
-Energy independence policy speech in Mesa, AZ
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Mesa, AZ
-Campaign in Carefree, AZ
-Education policy speech in Carefree, AZ
-Campaign in Cave Creek, AZ
-National security policy speech in Cave Creek, AZ
-Campaign in Fountain Hills, AZ
-Economic policy speech in Fountain Hills, AZ
-Global peace policy speech in Fountain Hills, AZ
-Nuclear energy policy speech in Fountain Hills, AZ
-Campaign in Gila Bend, AZ
-Space policy speech in Gila Bend, AZ
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #336 on: April 22, 2020, 08:11:20 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2020, 08:17:53 AM by UWS »

Rubio's Surrogate Schedule

Second Lady of the United States campaigns for her husband in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Minnesota and Nevada on economy, veterans, foreign policy and experience.

Amanda Rubio campaigns for her father in Nevada, Colorado, Texas, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Florida on economy, social issues and foreign policy.

Brian Kemp campaigns for Rubio in the Atlanta suburbs, in Georgia, on economy, taxes, social security, gun rights and foreign policy.

Ted Cruz and Will Hurd campaign for Rubio in Texas on taxes, economy, trade, energy, veterans, SCOTUS, gun rights and foreign policy.

Doug Ducey and Martha McSally campaign for Rubio in Arizona on economy, taxes, trade, energy, agriculture, veterans, SCOTUS, foreign policy and bi-partisanship.

Joni Ernst and Jim Jordan campaign for Rubio in Iowa, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida on economy, free trade, energy, social issues and foreign policy.

John James, Scott Walker and Mary Taylor campaign for Rubio across the Midwest and the Rust Belt on economy, free trade, manufacturing, energy, veterans, national security and foreign policy.

Ron De Santis campaigns for Rubio and Florida on economy, veterans, social issues, foreign policy, national security and experience.

Pam Bondi and Rick Scott campaign for Rubio on economy, veterans, foreign policy and space exploration.

Mike Pence campaigns for Rubio in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Texas on economy, free trade, energy, manufacturing and foreign policy speech in addition of touting Rubio's experience, accomplishments and readiness to be President and lead America.

Eric Cantor campaigns for Rubio in Virginia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Florida on economy, veterans, energy, free trade, education, social issues, foreign policy.

Congressman Eddie Edwards campaigns for Rubio in New Hampshire and Maine on economy, agriculture, free trade, manufacturing and foreign policy. In an effort to make Bernie Sanders' seat a serious target for the Republicans, Congressman Edwards also campaigns for former Vermont Governor Phil Scott in Vermont, touting his business experience and praising his record as Governor, including his tax-cut policies, investments into Vermont's infrastructures for the sake of economic growth, his championship of the development of renewable energy, his authorization of medical marijuana to treat post-traumatic stress disorder and his efforts to combat the Opioid Crisis.

Kim Reynolds campaigns for Rubio in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania on economy, agriculture, tax reform, free enterprise, energy, social issues and foreign policy.

Kristi Noem campaigns for Rubio in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Texas and Nevada on economy, energy, trade, social issues and foreign policy.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: April 22, 2020, 09:42:55 PM »

Due to Mycool suffering an ill-timed migraine, the turn will be extended one more day, to April 23.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #338 on: April 23, 2020, 02:31:14 PM »

DNC Convention Outline and Platform

Chair: Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester

Keynote Speaker: Senator Jeff Merkley

Platform:
  • Wealth Tax on the ultra-rich
  • Paid Family Leave
  • Universal Childcare
  • Fair Trade Deals (meeting an environmental and labor standard)
  • Repeal Taft-Hartley
  • Reinstate Glass-Steagal
  • $15 Minimum Wage
  • Require renewal/respect of the War Powers Resolution, taking away the blank check the President has been given to go to war
  • Explore automation tax, protecting American jobs
  • Federal green infrastructure bill, including universal broadband and repairing roads and bridges, all committed to being carbon neutral
  • Codify Roe v Wade
  • Pass Equality Act and ERA
  • Expand ACA with a public option
  • End private prisons
  • Legalize marijuana and expunge records
  • Defend collective bargaining

(Sorry about the hold up everyone, chronic migraines make screen time tough)
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #339 on: April 23, 2020, 02:54:19 PM »

DNC Night One: Building a Better Future

Headliners:
  • Sherrod Brown
  • Richard Trumka AFL-CIO president
  • Ayanna Pressley
  • Maurice Mitchell
  • Elizabeth Warren (introducing Merkley)
  • Jeff Merkley (keynote)

Other Notable Speakers:
  • Jessica Cisneros
  • Pramila Jayapal
  • Troy Jackson
  • Ann Watson

Excerpt from Ayanna Pressley's Speech

Source

"In 2018, my primary challenge against an incumbent was viewed as impossible. But I stand here today as proof that our political reality is not one that is constrained by what pundits think, but it is one that is shaped by people in the grassroots. Tammy Duckworth has never let the odds scare her, whether its when she was a Black Hawk pilot and was shot down, whether its when she ran for Congress, or when she won the Democratic primary for President of the United States. Tammy has a vision for a fairer America, a brighter future where we value our working parents with childcare and paid leave, where we agree to only fair trade deals that protect our environment and our working class, and where the fight against discrimination starts at the top with the Equality Act and a renewed push for the ERA.

Truly, Tammy is an inspiration to not only me, but young women and girls around America. She has shown through hard work, you can make a difference in the lives of those around you. She has shown grit and determination, even when faced with impossible odds. I believe in the future that Tammy sees, and in our ability to build that future together."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #340 on: April 23, 2020, 03:35:24 PM »

Night Two: Justice for All

Headliners:
  • Ilyse Hogue
  • John Lewis
  • Jared Polis
  • Lisa Blunt Rochester
  • Lucy McBath
  • Tammy Baldwin

Other Notable Speakers:
  • Sara Gideon
  • David Cicilline
  • David Moon
  • Lawrence Hamm

Excerpt from Lucy McBath's Speech

Source

"As many of you here know, I lost my son to gun violence, and there is only one candidate in this race who acknowledges this pain and has a plan to address it. Not only does Tammy Duckworth have a plan to keep weapons of war off the streets she knows them, has been trained with them, and is truly an expert on the subject. I trust Tammy to address this gun violence epidemic that is ripping families apart.

But, Tammy doesn't just have a plan to address gun violence, she also has plans to attack the systemic problems that make it more difficult for black and brown families to get ahead. Tammy has committed to increasing education funding, decriminalizing marijuana and expunging the records of those with nonviolent offenses, and working to protect Planned Parenthood from attacks lobbed at it by the Republicans in power. Tammy truly believes that justice for all means making our country more just for every single American. She knows it means keeping our young people safe, she knows it means protecting and expanding healthcare access, she knows it means fighting for a living wage. Tammy is the kind of leader that Americans need."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #341 on: April 23, 2020, 04:05:44 PM »

Night Three: A Commitment to Service

Headliners:
  • Conor Lamb
  • Abigail Spanberger
  • Gary Peters
  • Gina Ortiz Jones
  • Mikie Sherrill
  • Ruben Gallego (accepting VP nomination)

Other Notable Speakers:
  • Cal Cunningham
  • Tim Kaine
  • Joe Kennedy III

Excerpt from Abigail Spanberger's Speech

Source

"I knew when I was younger that I was called to serve this country that I love so much. This call to service led me to become a postal inspector and later, led me to the CIA. There I was able to work with others to protect our country from acts of terror and I learned what goes on behind the scenes to keep us all safe. I felt that same call to service back in 2017 when I decided to run for Congress as the GOP was working to take healthcare away from millions with the ACA repeal. It's that same call, the one to keep our children safe in uncertain times that led me to run for the United States Senate.

Tammy Duckworth understands that same call to serve. She is a true American hero, who has spent her entire career working to protect our country. Now, we have seen Republicans ramp up a smear campaign against her, trying to bring up long disproven attacks on her record and trying to muddy the water and make Americans question her service. This is absolutely wrong. Our ticket has a wealth of collective frontline experience, they know what it's like to be at war, and unlike our current President and Vice President, don't believe our children should be sent off to yet another war with no plan. Tammy and Ruben believe in the value of service, and they understand the true weight behind that very service."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: April 23, 2020, 04:57:52 PM »

Night Four: United in Progress

Headliners:

• Gretchen Whitmer
  • Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Barack Obama
  • Democratic women in the Senate introduce Duckworth
  • Tammy Duckworth (accepting nomination for President)

Speakers:

• Mark Pocan
  • Taylor Swift (along with performance)
  • Julian Castro

Excerpt from Tammy Duckworth's Acceptance Speech

Source

"Let's take a moment to thank all of our speakers so far for putting on an inspirational convention so far. I don't know about all of you, but I'm fired up and ready to win in November! We've heard from people of all sorts of backgrounds, ideologies, and positions during this convention, and we all understand what's at stake with this election.

We stand at a true crossroads, where we decide if we want an America that fights to restore the middle class through universal childcare, job retraining programs, and reinstating protections like Glass-Steagal. We can fight so that the wealthy pay their fair share, make college debt-free, and protect the rights that every American has fought so hard for.

I'm an eternal optimist, and I believe in appealing to the best in people is how Democrats build a winning coalition to enact real change. That's how we last achieved healthcare expansion, and it's how we will raise the minimum wage, fight climate change, and create an economy that works for everyone rather than just the wealthy. That's the America we're fighting for.

I am here tonight because of all of you, and I'm honored to be your nominee for President. I am proud to have a ticket for President made up of veterans, and Ruben Gallego will be an excellent Vice President. To all supporters of Jeff Merkley, I want you to know you have a home with this party. To all the disaffected Independents and Republicans, I hope after this convention you'll give us Democrats a second look when you compare us to the extremism of the GOP. I'm looking forward to earning your vote and making history as your President!"
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #343 on: April 23, 2020, 09:57:33 PM »

Republican National Committee's response to DNC attacks

We, Republicans, are lucky that our Convention will be held after the Democratic Convention in order to correct the Democrats' questioning of the effectiveness of free enterprise and strong American leadership to handle our challenges, to correct them on Marco Rubio's record and determination to bring this country together (unlike like what the Democrats are labeling as « extremism » which is what modern Democrats are actually embracing as they are so obsessed about impeaching Trump to move America backwards, are seeking to abolish ICE, to overturn the Second Amendment) - which is why he's endorsed by never-Trumpers like Mitt Romney, Phil Scott, Knute Buehler as well as by moderate Democrats like Joe Manchin and Jim Webb - and on his plan to ensure peace through strength through a modernization of our military, strong diplomacy, strong alliances, the use of drones to combat terror and a normalization of our relations with Polonsky's Russia, which will require less ground troops in harm's way. We will have the opportunity to correct them on our nominee's belief in the value of the service of our brave veterans. We will have the opportunity to explain voters why Marco Rubio has the record, leadership, experience, compassion and agenda to keep America safe, to keep this economy growing and to keep moving this country forward. We will have the opportunity to explain people why Marco Rubio actually has the right solutions for America's future and the right solutions for change through a middle-class tax cut; through America's energy independence with tax credits in renewable energy projects, investment of some oil drilling revenues in the development of renewable energy and a goal to make our country the world's leader in nuclear energy production; through investment in our country's infrastructures; through responsible immigration reform; through the promotion of free trade for the sake of our competitiveness; through new strategies that will require less ground troops and ensure long-term global peace through strong diplomacy; and through a plan that will establish a manned base on the Moon as a springboard towards a crewed mission to Mars by 2030 to allow America to reclaim its status as the leader in space exploration. That's how the right way to preserve America's greatness and keep moving this country forward and make sure that this country's future will be the brightest we can ever imagine.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #344 on: April 23, 2020, 11:56:03 PM »

DNC Speeches

Elizabeth Warren

[credit: Wikimedia Commons]

"9 years ago, some crazy man from Vermont dared to say that we could build a better country. That we could stand up for our workers and ensure that they got a far shake. That we could dare to stand up the bankers on Wall Street and say that they can't have it all. He dared to challenge the status quo, and though he didn't win, he fundamentally changed the nature of political discourse in America.

This year, his mantle was taken up by a Senator from Oregon. After starting his campaign late, he made a real run at the nomination before deciding to drop out for the sake of defeating Marco Rubio in November. His infrastructure bill provided the tools we need to drive our country forward. To modernise our infrastructure, shift away from fossil fuels, and provide work relief for those who are being driven out of a job the the coal and oil barons who are more concerned with their own bottom line than their workers. Hew campaigned for the progressive cause and he still does. Ladies and gentlemen, our keynote speaker, Senator Jeff Merkley!

Jeff Merkley

"Thank you Elizabeth!

So here we stand with perhaps one of the most qualified tickets in United States history. Tammy Duckworth has been an outstanding Senator, and has never forgot that she came from the veterans of this nation. She has worked to keep our veterans' healthcare, while the Republican Party seeks to privatise the VA.

The Republican Party's solution to everything is to privatize everything. It's actually quite nefarious. They will defund a program, claim it isn't working, then privatize it. I'm not sure when it is going to clikc with them that mass privatization does not work. Yes, private enterprise is the lifeblood of America, but Tammy wants our capitalist economy to be sensibly regulated, while the Republican Party wants to completely eliminate all regulation of our economy, and let the top 1% in this country go wild with whatever the hell they want and damn the workers who they supposedly stand for.

The Republican Party is not the party of the working class. They don't believe in raising the minimum wgae. They don't believe in supporting unions. They believe in keeping the minimum wage low and in kicking unions while they're down. Tammy will raise our minimum wage to a living wage of $15 an hour and repeal the labour-killing Taft-Hartley Act.

We have a clear choice this election. On one hand, you have Marco Rubio and the Republican Party. They represent more and more of the same. Privatize everything, no minimum wage increase, unions are the devil, investing in clean energy is a waste of time.

On the other hand is Tammy Baldwin. Let's help our workers by raising their wage and repealing Taft-Hartley. Let's operate the public and private sector in parntership instead of siging a damn tax pledge to Grover Norquist. Let's invest money in clean energy because reneablwes are now cheaper than fossil fuels and create jobs.

To my supporters, it is natural to feel some disappointment, but we can have a better tomorrow! Tammy, the progressive movement is mobilised for you completely. So let's restore some hope in this country, and elect Tammy Baldwin as the first female President of the United States!

Jared Polis

[source: Wikimedia Commons]

"In 1996, this country decided to take a step backwards in passing the Defense of Marriage Act. This was a colossal failure of rights. With a few hands raised and pen strokes, it was made illegal for the LGBT community to marry.

Now of course, things have changed. But we are faced with one of the farthest right supreme courts in history, and overturning Obergefell v. Hodges I fear is not beyond them, and I do believe it may be on the agenda of the Republican Party this year.

Tammy Duckworth has stood up for the LGBT population of this country. She strongly supports the rights of all Americans, gay or straight, to pursue their own idea of happiness. On the other hand, the Republican nominee is on the record as wanting to ban homosexuals from the military.

I have a keen interest of course, in internet and privacy issues. I find it amusing that the Republican Party wants to talk about us violating the Second Amendment, when they have been the architects of endless Fourth Amendment violations! THe PATRIOT Act, the single most constitutionally broke law in this country, was signed into law by a Republican president! The Republican nominee is on record as saying that the PATRIOT Act is more needed than privacy!

Tammy Baldwin will stand up against violations of the Fourth Amendment and will expand out internet connection to all corners of the United States, so we must elect her as the next President of the United States!

Ruben Gallego

"Friends, colleagues, fellow Democrats, I humbly accept your nomination for Vice President of the United States of America.

The Republican makes a big deal of supporting the military. What they support is usless spending on the military. There is currently a tank boneyard in Nevada filled with tanks because our military doesn't need them, but the company that makes them dropped money into a few campaigns and there they are!

Republicans don't support the military or veterans. They support war and intervention. You know how I know this? I'm a veteran. Tammy is a veteran. Republicans meanwhile have been spearheaded for the last eight years by a draft dodger and want to gut the VA. Unlike them, Tammy and I know what it's like to go to war. Marco Rubio does not know what it's like to go to war. That's why he's so gung-ho about wanting to intervene all over the world.

This year, we have to choose between someone who wants to bomb everyone who disagrees with us and send young men and women off to die while talking with his defense contractor buddies, or someone who understand that diplomacy is often better than having people die in some foreign field. Let's get out there and make Tammy Baldwin the President of the United States!"

Alexandria-Ocasio Cortez

Republicans. They refuse to believe in the science of climate change, then claim that there's nothing that can be done about environmental disaters, that people living in danger areas will just have to deal with it while they sit in their ivory towers while the world burns. Marco Rubio has indeed voted against measures to protect ocean, coatal and Great Lakes ecosystems.

To his credit, Rubio does seem to be one of the few who have come to realise the reality of climate change, but he has been painfully slow to realise this. In 2010, he supported drilling in ANWR, which would destroy a natural wonder and accelerate climate change by decades. In 2013, he claimed that our government can't control the weather, and for the record, everyone in the climate movement knows this. In 2014, he adopted that favourite talking point that says climate change is not man-made, which is outright denial of science. In 2015, he said taking mesaures to combat climate change would destroy our economy, despite countless studies proving that renewable energy is cheaper than fossil fuels. In 2018 he finally came around to the reailty, but said that there's no point investing in clean energy, and that we were country, not a planet. Now he wants to present himself as this environemtnal warrios by passing tax credits for renewable energy?! Give me a break!

While Marco Rubio is attempting to rewrite his personal history, Tammy Duckworth doesn't have to.She has been a strong supporter of the fight against climate change from day one. She supports comprehensively expanding our rail network and a shift to electric cars powered by renewable energy. It may not be exactly what we want, but it is a hell of a start.

For a cleaner environment, vote for Tammy Duckworth!"
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2020, 01:04:54 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2020, 02:16:23 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to DNC attacks

Governor Gallego keeps on repeating the same false accusation claiming that I don't know what it's like to send troops in battle. I told you this once before, Governor, and I'm sorry I have to tell you again. My brother Mario Rubio too is a veteran and served our country during the Vietnam War. He has known the hell our brave soldiers have suffered, whether it was in jungle warfare, in the enemy's detention camps where they suffered torture and anything else. So I know what it's like to send troops to war.

And unlike what Governor Gallego is claiming, we have repeatedly supported our veterans. Do I need to remind you that it was President Obama who allowed funds to be shifted from the VA to Syrian refugees, thus depriving our veterans of the care they needed? Meanwhile, I have a clear commitment towards veterans and that's why I cosponsored the AGREE Act, a bill that increased tax credits and exemptions for companies investing in R & D, equipment and other capital, gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise. And over the objections of your fellow Democrat Bernie Sanders, I passed the 2014 VA Accountability reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats. Five years ago, I co-sponsored the Supporting Veterans in STEM Careers Act that helped veterans re-entering the workforce get jobs in STEM-related fields by requiring the Office of Science and Technology Policy to coordinate programs to train and transition military veterans for jobs in science, technology, engineering and math. And it was under our administration that we defeated ISIS in Iraq and Syria and so we managed to bring our troops home in honor and dignity three years ago and it was in the aftermath that the Veterans Care Financial Protection Act of 2022 has been adopted, making the federal Department of Veterans Affairs work with state and federal agencies to stop con men who are diverting federal aid away from veterans. So you don't have a monopoly on heart when it comes to the men and women in uniform who are protecting us as well as our country's freedom. And despite the great potential of stronger peace and stability through better relations with Sergei Polonski's Russia, which will reduce the need to send troops to risk their lives in defense of our country, your party, including Tammy Duckworth, has worked tooth and nail to impeach President Trump because they falsely thought that Polonsky was a puppet of Washington during the recent Russian presidential election even though there's no evidence of such move. That is an attitude that was risking to spoil our efforts to ensure global peace but we didn't fell into it and that's how, thanks to the withdrawal of Russian troops from Turkey and to our efforts to provide military arsenal and training to the Kurds, we helped our allies in Operation Ceasefire to defeat Erdogan's forces even without having to send ground troops there or to conduct airstrikes, which will lead to the recognition of Kurdistan's independence and to a restoration of stability in the Middle East. And my counter-terrorism plan will increasingly require less ground troops by rather providing military training and material support to our allies in Western Africa so they will have the necessary tools to defeat terrorism. Under my leadership, our country will lead drone airstrikes against Boko Haram key targets, including their controlled oil refineries in order to deprive them of any means to boost their war effort and their plans for terrorist attacks. As a result, it will reduce the need for additional ground troops there and it will cost our country less as drones are significantly cheaper to purchase, fuel, and maintain than regular airplanes. As a result, we will keep America safe without putting so many lives in harm's way. This is not a matter of American presence, this is a matter of casualties and so with that plan, we're going to defeat our enemies and keep this country safe without having to send additional troops overseas.

When it comes to AOC's attacks on me on environmental issues, I think she forgot that I've been on the frontline of the effort to restore the Everglades. In effect, I got more done for the Everglades in one day than Alexandria Occasio Cortez did in her 6 years in political office. I worked hard getting former Senator Jim Inhofe, former Environment and Public Works Committee Chairman and a leading opponent to the Everglades, to commit, after years of opposition, to authorizing the Central Everglades Planning Project in the water resources bill. And I helped secure funds and resources for the for Everglades restoration so we make sure that in the years to come our children and grandchildren can have the same wonderful memories of the Everglades than we earned. When it comes to the Great Lakes, I opposed drilling in the Great Lakes because Great Lakes drilling is already illegal.

This election is not about me, it is about you, the American people, and about America's future. And fighting for America's future requires bringing our people together in order to get things done. We'll do so by cutting taxes for the middle-class, by making America the best place in the world to do business, by getting America to energy independence by taking advantage of all our sources of energy, by investing a part of oil drilling revenues into the development of renewable energies and by making us the world's leader in nuclear energy production and exportation through the building of 40 new nuclear power plants by 2050 and through tax credits for renewable energy projects, instead of what our political opponents want to do by taking away taxpayers' money. This is an energy plan that will deprive terrorists and other anti-American forces of any revenues from our imports of foreign oil from countries in throes of terrorism or tyranny, thus keeping our country safe. We'll do so by investing in our infrastructures, by promoting strong diplomacy and foreign policy that helped us to denuclearize North Korea and Iran and to improve our relations with Russia and that will defeat terrorism, eliminate any risk of nuclear war and ensure long-term peace through strength. That is what this campaign is all about and we have the right solutions to get us there.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2020, 09:43:46 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2020, 12:59:58 PM by Entropy In Action »

TURN XVI: July 17 - August 16
IRL: Apr. 24 - Apr. 30; extensions until May 3 as needed

President Trump Approval Rating
Disapprove: 50%
Approve: 45%
Undecided: 5%

GE Polls:

Tammy Duckworth: 55%
Marco Rubio: 43%

Rubio announces he will pick VP "after the Olympics"

In the wake of a DNC filled with the who's who of liberal politics in America, attention has now turned to the Republicans, who will be holding their convention in Atlanta starting on August 17. Of much speculation is Rubio's vice presidential pick, with current shortlists including such notable figures as Nikki Haley, Eric Cantor, John James, Mary Taylor, and Joni Ernst. Sources within the campaign have stated that the Vice President has supported all of these in turn, but has been particularly inclined toward James and Taylor, though "his mind is far from made up." In response to this, the Vice President has stated "There's still plenty of time before the convention for me to select my running mate. I'll pick them after the Olympics." The Olympics will conclude in Paris on August 11.

Several Senate races move as presidential candidates swing through their states

There have already been some key movements in the battle for the Senate as the general election campaign continues. In Florida, the Senate race has gone from being a tossup to leaning Republican, as the President has been avidly visiting his home state since the campaign began. Also of note, however, are three races which have shifted toward the Democrats: both races in Virginia, with incumbent Democrat Tim Kaine now the likely favorite for re-election and the special election being a tossup now between incumbent Senator Scott Taylor and former Representative Abigail Spanberger. Meanwhile in Arizona, Governor Gallego's place on the bottom of the ticket appears to be boosting the Democrats against Senator Martha McSally, with that race also shifting from leaning Republican to a tossup. At the moment, Republicans are favored to win 27 of the 60 Senate races this November, while Democrats are favored to win 20, and 13 are tossups.

Oral arguments for Alabama abortion case to be heard during September term

Dates have been set to hear the court case which has polarized the nation, wherein the State of Alabama is appealing a lower court decision to strike down its controversial bill banning most abortions. This case has been considered the most consequential of the decade, even overshadowing the Presidential race on a number of occasions (no mean feat in the United States). Currently, many believe that the key vote lies with Chief Justice John Roberts, as Justice Sandoval has signaled that, unless "strong, clear arguments are made" in favor of it, he will vote to confirm the lower court's decision to strike down the controversial bill.

Kim Jong-Un dies of heart failure in North Korea; Kim Yo-Jong to succeed him

Following a long battle with heart problems, including a nasty scare in 2020, it has been confirmed by North Korean state media that Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Un has passed at the age of 40. Kim had been viewed as in poor condition for several years, and many had expected that he could die a deal younger than his predecessors, Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il. Kim's sister, Kim Yo-Jong, has easily managed to take power, pushing aside her niece, Kim Ju-Ae, age 11. Yo-Jong has proven to be an incredibly capable stateswoman, and many believe her coming to power will have one of two outcomes: either North Korea's international subtrefuge network will reach new heights, or the Hermit Kingdom may finally establish diplomatic ties with the West. The new Supreme Leader, unsurprisingly, could not be reached for comment.

Possibility of independent Constantinople/Istanbul looms as Greece, Turkey, refuse to cede it to the other

With the rest of the treaty hammered out, one question continues to hold up finalization: the issue of the disputed city of Constantinople/Istanbul. Neither Greece nor Turkey has been willing to cede the city to the other, and this has held up peace talks for weeks now. As a result, Presidents Donald Trump of the United States and Jean-Luc Melenchon of France have joined forces to propose a novel solution: an independent city-state. While many have compared this to such states as Saarland and Danzig, others believe it may be the only way to secure peace in the region.

Chinese conspiracy theorists falsely claim Medvedev shot

As relations between China and Russia continue to sour, many conspiracy theorists in the People's Republic have begun falsely claiming Russian President Sergei Polonsky has had former Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, who participated in a coup against his authority, executed by firing squad, claiming a nonexistent "prison cell livestream" has been "looping" the same twenty-four hours of video. Polonsky has dismissed these theories as "utterly inane and devoid of facts," and proceeded to produce a video of Medvedev in prison, being asked the date and his condition, as well as reacting to news of his supposed death. While the conspiracy theorists have claimed this was faked or recorded before Medvedev's "execution," the Chinese Communist Party has condemned these claims as "false and unhelpful in addressing the true problems of the Polonsky regime."

(If there were any follow-ups/additional news stories I missed, please let me know.)
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #347 on: April 27, 2020, 12:22:34 AM »

Marco Rubio's shortlist of potential running mates (updated as of mid-July)

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_E._James#/media/File:John_James.png
John James, age 43, U.S. Senator from Michigan

Source : https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?search=mary+taylor+ohio&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go&ns0=1&ns6=1&ns12=1&ns14=1&ns100=1&ns106=1#/media/File:Lt._Gov._Mary_Taylor_visits_178th_Fighter_Wing.jpg
Mary Taylor, age 58, U.S. Senator from Ohio

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Walker_politician)#/media/File:Scott_Walker_by_Gage_Skidmore_4.jpg
Scott Walker, age 57, Governor of Wisconsin
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #348 on: April 28, 2020, 12:52:45 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2020, 04:29:07 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 1

(Own creation)

July 17-18, 2024
-Campaign in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with Scott Walker
-Economic policy speech at Snap-on headquarters in Milwaukee, WI
-Fundraising event in Milwaukee, WI
-Infrastructure policy speech in Milwaukee, WI
-Energy policy speech in Milwaukee, WI
-Rally with voters at Miller Park in Milwaukee, WI
-Campaign in Racine, WI
-Manufacturing policy speech in Racine, WI
-Campaign in Kenosha, WI
-Nuclear energy policy speech in Kenosha, WI
-Tax reform policy speech in Kenosha, WI
-Free trade policy speech in Kenosha, WI
-Foreign policy speech in Kenosha, WI
-Campaign in Pleasant Prairie, WI
-Middle-class tax cut policy speech in Prairie, WI
-Health care policy speech in Pleasant Prairie, WI
-Campaign in Ellsworth, WI
-Free enterprise policy speech at Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery headquarters in Ellsworth, WI
-Campaign in River Falls, WI
-Town hall meeting with voters in River Falls, WI
-Campaign in Durand, WI
-School choice policy speech in Durand, WI
-Campaign in Ashland, WI
-Small business policy speech in Ashland, WI
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Ashland, WI
-Campaign in Superior, WI
-National security policy speech in Superior, WI
-Tax-cut policy speech in Superior, WI
-Energy independence policy speech in Superior, WI
-Campaign in Lake Nebagamon, WI
-Campaign in Washburn, WI
-Space policy speech in Washburn, WI
-Campaign in Green Bay, WI
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Green Bay, WI
-Economic policy speech in Green Bay, WI
-Rally with voters at the Resch Center in Green Bay, WI
-Phone banking in Green Bay, WI
-Campaign in Winnebago, WI

July 19-20, 2024
-Campaign in Cincinnati, Ohio with Mary Taylor
-Energy policy speech in Cincinnati, OH
-Foreign policy speech in Cincinnati, OH
-Phone banking in Cincinnati, OH
-Rally with voters at US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, OH

Source : https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/miami-office-opening
-Economic policy speech in Cincinnati, OH where VP Rubio reminds Ohio voters that Ted Strickland's big government and tax-hike policies (that raised taxes by $840 million) cost Ohio 350 000 jobs during his governorship, brought Ohio's unemployment rate at 10.3 % at the point that Ohio was ranked the 48th state in the nation in terms of job creation. He takes on the occasion to attack his Democratic opponents Tammy Duckworth and Ruben Gallego, blasting them for supporting and promoting the same failed tax-hike and big government liberal policies adopted by Strickland and that brought Ohio's economy in a turmoil, accusing them of not understanding the economy and declaring that we can't afford to repeat the mistakes of the past and reminding people that the promotion of tax-cut, small government and free enterprise policies put forward by Governors John Kasich and Mike DeWine as well as by President Trump and Vice-President Rubio made Ohio a stronger business-friendly environment and encouraged job creation through free enterprise and free market, which brought Ohio's unemployment rate from 10.3 % in 2010 to 4.1 % today and that Ohio's budget got balanced numerous times and Ohio's energy industry has been diversified through the promotion of oil production and the development of renewable energy. Rubio calls on the people of Ohio to elect him at the White House and to reinforce the Republican majority in Congress in order to pursue America's strong economic growth and get this country to full-employment thanks to his experience as Chairman of the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship through the promotion of tax reform, including for the middle-class, as well as taking advantage of all of America's sources of energy, investment in America's infrastructures and the promotion of free trade.

-Campaign in Greenville, OH
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Greenville, OH
-Campaign in Dayton, OH
-Manufacturing policy speech in Dayton, OH
-National security policy speech at the Air Force Institute of Technology in Dayton, OH
-Free enterprise policy speech in Dayton, OH
-Campaign in Columbus, OH
-Free trade policy speech in Columbus, OH
-Energy independence policy speech in Columbus, OH
-Middle-class tax relief policy speech in Columbus, OH
-Campaign in Toledo, OH
-Town hall meeting with voters in Toledo, OH
-Phone banking in Toledo, OH
-Small business policy speech in Toledo, OH
-Infrastructure policy speech in Toledo, OH
-Campaign in Akron, OH
-Energy independence policy speech in Akron, OH
-Veterans policy speech in Akron, OH
-Campaign in Cleveland, OH
-Economic policy speech in Cleveland, OH
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Cleveland, OH
-Immigration policy speech in Cleveland, OH
-Space policy speech in Cleveland, OH

July 21-22, 2024
-Campaign in Dubuque, Iowa with Joni Ernst, Pat Grassley and Kim Reynolds
-Economic policy speech in Dubuque, IA
-Energy policy speech in Dubuque, IA

Source : https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/rubio-rehearses-republican-address-to-the-nation
-Agriculture policy speech in Dubuque, IA where VP Rubio reminds voters that thanks that America made strong progress in getting our economy, including our agricultural industry, rolling again, underlining that in 2019, in the context of the U.S.-China Trade War, President Trump went on to cut a deal with Xi Jinping, during a joint summit, on that issue as both nations agreed to lift tariffs with China halting to steal IPs and the United States stopping to use Chinese citizens for cheap labor abroad, thus ending the trade war, which helped farmers across this country to recover and to further reinforce their competition. He takes on the occasion to reiterate his agriculture plan that will reduce taxes and regulations for businesses across this nation, including for agricultural businesses, to help them to innovate and to manufacture more tractors and seeds and other farm products, which will boost job creation, improve agricultural technologies, ensure America's subsistence, reduce the food prices through the reduction of inflation and reduce Americans' dependence on food stamps, which will reinforce their purchasing power and give them more access to food; approve agricultural subsidies in order to help agricultural communities to recover from the trade war and to strengthen farm businesses’ ability to compete and produce; champion free trade, which will lower tariffs and increase exports and imports and increase access to our products, including farm and agricultural products, for 95 % of the world market (as we represent 5 % of the world market).

-Campaign in Davenport, IA
-Tax reform policy speech in Davenport, IA
-Manufacturing policy speech in Davenport, IA
-Free trade policy speech in Davenport, IA
-Campaign in Muscatine, IA
-Middle-class tax relief policy speech in Muscatine, IA
-Education policy speech in Muscatine, IA
-Veterans policy speech in Muscatine, IA
-Campaign in Burlington, IA
-Gun rights policy speech in Burlington, IA
-Campaign in West Burlington, IA
-Town hall meeting with voters in West Burlington, IA
-Campaign in Sigourney, IA
-Education policy speech in Sigourney, IA
-Campaign in Oskaloosa, IA
-Health care policy speech in Oskaloosa, IA
-Campaign in New Sharon, IA
-Campaign in Grundy Center, IA
-National security policy speech in Grundy Center, IA
-Campaign in Ames, IA
-Agriculture policy speech in Ames, IA
-Manufacturing policy speech in Ames, IA
-Campaign in Des Moines, IA
-Economic policy speech in Des Moines, IA
-Free trade policy speech in Des Moines, IA
-Foreign policy speech in Des Moines, IA
-Campaign in West Des Moines, IA
-Space policy speech in West Des Moines, IA
-Campaign in Sioux City, IA
-SCOTUS policy speech in Sioux City, IA

July 23-24, 2024
-Campaign in West Palm Beach, FL with Ron De Santis, Pam Bondi, Rick Scott and family
-Economic policy speech in West Palm Beach, FL
-Free trade policy speech in West Palm Beach, FL
-Foreign policy speech in West Palm Beach, FL :

Source : https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/rubio-visits-tyndall-air-force-base

Recently, Chinese conspiracy theorists falsely claimed that Sergei Polonsky ordered an execution of Dmitry Medvedev by firing squad. That is total defamation towards Polonsky. Never, would Polonsky have ordered the death of his political opponents like Vladimir Putin did time after time after time under his regime. Such claims have been disproven through the production of a video of Medvedev in his prison cell. As President of the United States, me, along with Polonsky, will stand up to Chinese campaign of misinformation just like we're going to stand up for the respect, maintenance and expansion of freedom, human rights, stability and peace on the global stage.

-Anti-opioid policy speech in West Palm Beach, FL
-Phone banking policy speech in West Palm Beach, FL
-Campaign in Boca Raton, FL
-Education policy speech in Boca Raton, FL
-Meet with college voters at Florida Atlantic University, FL
-Tax-cut policy speech in Boca Raton, FL
-Campaign in Boynton Beach, FL
-Small business policy speech in Boynton Beach, FL
-Campaign in Royal Beach, FL
-Social security policy speech in Royal Beach, FL
-Energy policy speech in Royal Beach, FL
-Campaign in Miami, FL
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Miami, FL
-Immigration policy speech in Miami, FL
-Space policy speech in Miami, FL
-Fundraising event in Miami, FL
-Speech in Miami, FL touting Rubio's experience and qualifications to lead America as President of the United States and Commander-in-Chief
-Campaign in Fort Lauderdale, FL
-Nuclear energy policy speech in Fort Lauderdale, FL
-Manufacturing policy speech in Fort Lauderdale, FL
-Infrastructure policy speech in Fort Lauderdale, FL
-Campaign in Okeechobee, FL
-Town hall meeting with voters in Okeechobee, FL
-Campaign in Vero Beach, FL
-Free enterprise policy speech at Piper Aircraft headquarters in Vero Beach, FL
-Campaign in Sebastian, FL
-Agriculture policy speech in Sebastian, FL
-Small business policy speech in Sebastian, FL
-Tax-cut policy speech in Sebastian, FL
-Campaign in Orlando, FL
-National security policy speech in Orlando, FL
-Health care policy speech in Orlando, FL
-Veterans policy speech in Orlando, FL where VP Rubio rebukes Governor Gallego's attacks on Rubio's record on veterans, reminding people that during his time in the House of Representatives, Gallego voted against the VA Accountability Act of 2015 (that authorized the Department of Veterans Affairs to remove or demote a department employee for misconduct and negligence towards veterans) and that it was Barack Obama who allowed funds to be shifted from the VA to Syrian refugees and reiterating Rubio's record on taking care of veterans (especially his 2014 VA reform law) and his commitment to them in order to honor their heroism, their service and their patriotism.
-Middle-class tax relief policy speech in Orlando, FL
-Campaign in Melbourne, FL
-Economic policy speech in Melbourne, FL
-Campaign in Palm Bay, FL
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Palm Bay, FL
-Campaign in Titusville, FL
-Energy independence policy speech in Titusville, FL

July 25-26, 2024
-Campaign in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with Joe Manchin
-Economic policy speech in Pittsburgh, PA
-Energy independence policy speech in Pittsburgh, PA
-Foreign policy speech in Pittsburgh, PA in reaction to the proposed solution of an independent Constantinople/Istanbul city :

Own creation
In spite of what my Democratic opponents keep commenting on my foreign policy agenda in their attempt to promote an agenda weakening American leadership and retreating our country from our responsibility to keep this country safe, which would make America an easier target for our enemies, it is essential to understand that we won Operation Ceasefire even without US ground troops and without US airstrikes against Turkey but through the provision of military training and military arsenal to the Kurds, which helped our allies in Operation Ceasefire to defeat Erdogan's Turkish forces. We made it without a single American casualty there. As a result, peace talks with Turkey started and when I'm President we're going to pursue those talks in order to restore freedom and democracy in Turkey and to ensure the recognition of Kurdistan's status as an independent nation. However, there's a territorial dispute between Greece and Turkey when it comes to sovereignty over the city of Constantinople/Istanbul. Recently, President Trump and French President Jean-Luc Melenchon put forward a new solution : an independent Constantinople/Istanbul city-state like Vatican City, Monaco and Singapore. I believe it is the best solution to follow in order to secure peace and stability in the region and that is the path that I will follow as President of the United States and under my leadership, America will work to bring that solution to a vote in the United Nations and that way, we're going to rapidly put an end to that conflict so that security, peace, freedom and stability will be restored there and I have the right foreign policy experience to get us there.

-Campaign in Beaver, PA
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Beaver, PA
-Campaign in Beaver Falls, PA
-Tax reform policy speech in Beaver Falls, PA
-Manufacturing policy speech in Beaver Falls, PA
-Campaign in Aliquippa, PA
-Free trade policy speech in Aliquippa, PA
-Small business policy speech in Aliquippa, PA
-Campaign in Monongahela, PA
-Campaign in Washington, PA
-Health care policy speech in Washington, PA
-National security policy speech in Washington, PA
-Middle-class tax cut policy speech in Washington, PA
-Campaign in Waynesburg, PA
-Veterans policy speech in Waynesburg, PA
-Energy policy speech in Waynesburg, PA
-Campaign in Carmichaels, PA
-Town hall meeting with voters in Carmichaels, PA
-Campaign in Rices Landing, PA
-Campaign in Clarion, PA
-SCOTUS policy speech in Clarion, PA
-Campaign in Marianne, PA
-Campaign in Ebensburg, PA
-School choice policy speech in Ebensburg, PA
-Campaign in Johnstown, PA
-Coal policy speech in Johnstown, PA
-Free enterprise policy speech in Johnstown, PA
-Campaign in Warren, PA
-Agriculture policy speech in Warren, PA
-Campaign in Erie, PA
-Infrastructure policy speech in Erie, PA
-Medicare policy speech in Erie, PA
-Campaign in Harrisburg, PA
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Harrisburg, PA
-Economic policy speech in Harrisburg, PA
-Nuclear energy development policy speech in Harrisburg, PA
-On social media, in the context of the opening of the 2024 Summer Olympic Games in Paris, Vice-President Rubio wishes good luck to all athletes, including American athletes, and expresses his wishes for decent value of international friendship and cooperation among the participating athletes and the countries they are representing in the Olympics.

July 27-28, 2024
-Campaign in Dallas, Texas with Ted Cruz, Will Hurd and Greg Abbott
-Economic policy in Dallas, TX
-Energy policy speech in Dallas, TX
-Foreign policy speech in Dallas, TX where Rubio reacts to Kim Jong-un's death and reiterates his commitment to pursue, as President of the United States, to work with Kim Yo-Jong to establish diplomatic ties thanks to the continuation made in the last 8 years in that process by denuclearization of North Korea and to North Korea's opening to the world economy, which will ensure the permanency of peace and stability through strength in the Pacific.
-Speech at the African-American Museum in Dallas, TX in an effort to appeal among African-American voters
-Campaign in Irving, TX
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Irving, TX
-Campaign in Fort Worth, TX
-Gun rights policy speech in Fort Worth, TX
-Free trade policy speech in Fort Worth, TX
-Tax-cut policy speech in Fort Worth, TX
-Campaign in McKinney, TX
-Pro-life policy speech in McKinney, TX
-School choice policy speech in McKinney, TX
-Campaign in Plano, TX
-Agriculture policy speech at Frito-Lay headquarters in Plano, TX
-Small business policy speech in Plano, TX
-Rally with voters in Plano, TX where Governor Abbott blasts Duckworth, accusing her of being out of step with Texas, noting her support to the filibuster to Brian Sandoval's SCOTUS nomination, her advocacy of stricter gun control laws, higher taxes and higher regulations on energy while Marco Rubio will, as President, defend America's constitutional rights, reduce taxes and get America to energy independence.
-Campaign in Denton, TX
-Health care policy speech in Denton, TX
-Manufacturing policy speech at Peterbilt headquarters in Denton, TX
-Campaign in Houston, TX
-Middle-class tax relief policy speech in Houston, TX
-Space policy speech in Houston, TX
-National security policy speech in Houston, TX
-Campaign in Corpus Christi, TX
-Infrastructure policy speech in Corpus Christi, TX
-SCOTUS policy speech in Corpus Christi, TX
-Campaign in San Antonio, TX
-Immigration policy speech in San Antonio, TX
-Energy independence policy speech in San Antonio, TX
-Freedom of religion policy speech in San Antonio, TX
-Phone banking in San Antonio, TX
-Campaign in Austin, TX
-Economic policy speech in Austin, TX
-Nuclear energy policy speech in Austin, TX
-Veterans policy speech in Austin, TX
-Rally with voters at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX
-Campaign in Lubbock, TX
-Tax cut policy speech in Lubbock, TX
-Medicare policy speech in Lubbock, TX

July 29-31, 2024
-Vice-Presidential duties in Washington D.C.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #349 on: April 29, 2020, 01:59:02 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2020, 05:53:02 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 2

(Own creation)

August 1-2, 2024
-Campaign in Phoenix, with Doug Ducey, Martha McSally and Cindy McCain
-Economic policy speech in Phoenix, AZ
-Foreign policy speech in Phoenix, AZ
-Energy independence policy speech in Phoenix, AZ
-Infrastructure policy speech in Phoenix, AZ
-Campaign in Mesa, AZ
-Health care policy speech in Mesa, AZ
-Middle-class tax cut policy speech in Mesa, AZ
-Immigration policy speech in Mesa, AZ
-Veterans policy speech in Mesa, AZ
-Campaign in Surprise, AZ
-Small business policy speech in Surprise, AZ
-Campaign in Tucson, AZ
-Agriculture policy speech in Tucson, AZ
-Manufacturing policy speech in Tucson, AZ
-Space policy speech in Tucson, AZ
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Tucson, AZ
-Campaign in Yuma, AZ
-Free trade policy speech in Yuma, AZ
-National security policy speech at Yuma Proving Ground in Yuma, AZ
-Campaign in San Luis, AZ
-Nuclear energy policy speech in San Luis, AZ
-SCOTUS policy speech in San Luis, AZ
-Campaign in Somerton, AZ
-Education policy speech in Somerton, AZ
-Campaign in Holbrook, AZ
-Gun rights policy speech in Holbrok, AZ
-Campaign in Show Low, AZ
-Energy policy speech in Show Low, AZ
-Global peace policy speech in Show Low, AZ
-Campaign in Snowflake, AZ
-Town hall meeting with voters in Snowflake, AZ

August 3-4, 2024
-Campaign in Atlanta, Georgia with Brian Kemp
-Economic policy speech in Atlanta, GA
-Energy policy speech in Atlanta, GA
-Free trade policy speech in Atlanta, GA
-Rally with voters at Truist Park in Atlanta, GA
-Phone banking in Atlanta, GA
-Fundraising event in Atlanta, GA
-Campaign all across Atlanta suburbs on economy, taxes, social issues, health care and foreign policy
-Campaign in Perry, GA
-Veterans policy speech in Perry, GA
-Tax-cut policy speech in Perry, GA
-Campaign in Oglethorpe, GA
-Campaign in Montezuma, GA
-Gun rights policy speech in Montezuma, GA
-Campaign in Albany, GA
-Health care policy speech in Albany, GA where VP Rubio unveils an element of his health care plan that will allow people to buy health insurance across state lines, make  the insurance marketplaces and subsidies to help people afford coverage and more competitive and provide tax credits to help people buy insurance among state lines while at the same time providing funding to fix Medicare and Medicaid with no cuts, reiterating his trust towards the American people and their doctors, not government, to handle their health care.
-Campaign in Alpharetta, GA
-Infrastructure policy speech in Alpharetta, GA
-Campaign in Valdosta, GA
-National security policy speech in Valdosta, GA
-Campaign in Stonecrest, GA
-SCOTUS policy speech in Stonecrest, GA
-Campaign in Brookhaven, GA
-Education policy speech in Brookhaven, GA
-Campaign in Palmeto, GA
-Nuclear energy policy speech in Palmetto, GA
-Campaign in Newnan, GA
-Manufacturing policy speech in Newnan, GA
-Campaign in Seonia, GA
-Town hall meeting in Seonia, GA
-Campaign in Rome, GA
-Free enterprise policy speech in Rome, GA
-Campaign in Martinez, GA
-Small business policy speech in Martinez, GA
-Campaign in Fayetteville, GA
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Fayetteville, GA
-Agriculture policy speech in Fayetteville, GA
-Campaign in Peachtree City, GA
-Space policy speech in Peachtree City, GA

August 5-6, 2024

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Interstate_Arena#/media/File:RimrockAutoOutlaws.jpg
-Campaign in Montana for Republican senate candidate Albert Olszewski where VP Rubio blasts Incumbent Democratic Senator Jon Tester as out of step with Montana, noting his vote against the Protecting Communities and Preserving the Second Amendment Act of 2016 that would have protected gun rights, his vote against the SCOTUS nominations of Brett Kavanaugh, Neil Gorsuch and Brian Sandoval (indicating his support to liberal justices who would notably undermine the Second Amendment and award Guantanamo terrorists with constitutional rights), his vote against the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that provided the strong economic growth and prosperity that America is now living, his vote in favor of impeaching President Trump, his opposition to allowing the Chairman of the Senate Budget Committee to increase funding for certain energy-related programs, including the development of natural gas off the coast of Virginia and the development of oil shale resources on public lands and his support to Obama's War on Coal even when Montana is America's 7th coal producer among the 50 states and despite the fact that coal manages 55 % of Montana's electricity. The Republican presidential nominee praises Olszewski's support to the Second Amendment (noting his votes to prohibit enforcement of federal gun restrictions and to authorized concealed carry), his championship of America's advantage over all its sources of energy (noting his support to requiring public disclosure of fracking chemicals and his opposition to increasing taxes on gasoline and diesel fuels), his promotion of lower taxes and conservative judges in the SCOTUS, calling on the people of Montana to elect Albert Olszewski in the U.S. Senate to protect Montana values and to keep moving this country forward through the promotion of lower taxes, small government, Second Amendment rights, free market health care and strong national defense.

August 7-8, 2024
-Campaign in Elizabethtown, North Carolina with Tim Scott and Nikki Haley
-Tax reform policy speech in Elizabethtown, NC
-Free trade policy speech in Elizabethtown, NC
-Campaign in Bladenboro, NC
-Manufacturing policy speech in Bladenboro, NC
-Campaign in Clarkton, NC
-Campaign in Williamston, NC
-Energy policy speech in Williamston, NC
-Veterans policy speech in Williamston, NC
-Campaign in Robersonville, NC
-Health care policy speech in Robersonville, NC
-Campaign in Gatesville, NC
-Campaign in Boone, NC
-Meet with college voters at the Appalachian State University in Boone, NC
-Economic policy speech in Boone, NC
-Campaign in Greensboro, NC
-Free enterprise policy speech in Greensboro, NC
-Foreign policy speech in Greensboro, NC
-Campaign in Durham, NC
-Middle-class tax relief policy speech in Durham, NC
-Agriculture policy speech in Durham, NC
-Rally with voters at Durham Bulls Athletic Park in Durham, NC
-Campaign in Raleigh, NC
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Raleigh, NC
-Space policy speech in Raleigh, NC
-Campaign in Charlotte, NC
-Small business policy speech in Charlotte, NC
-Infrastructure policy speech in Charlotte, NC

August 9-10, 2024
-Campaign in Nevada on economy, social security, health care, immigration, veterans, foreign policy and national security. Vice-President Rubio takes on the occasion to campaign for Republican senate nominee Ira Hansen.

August 11-12, 2024
-Campaign in Lansing, Michigan
-Economic policy speech in Lansing, MI
-Manufacturing policy speech in Lansing, MI
-Campaign in Flint, MI
-Free trade policy speech in Flint, MI
-Foreign policy speech in Flint, MI
-Agriculture policy speech in Flint, MI
-Campaign in Troy, MI
-Middle-class tax relief in Troy, MI
-Small business policy speech in Troy, MI
-Campaign in Spring Arbor, MI
-Meet with college voters at Spring Arbor University in Spring Arbor, MI
-Campaign in Lapeer, MI
-National security policy speech in Lapeer, MI
-Energy policy speech in Lapeer, MI
-Campaign in Sandusky, MI
-Town hall meeting with voters in Sandusky, MI
-Campaign in Grand Rapids, MI
-Infrastructure policy speech in Grand Rapids, MI
-Free enterprise policy speech in Grand Rapids, MI
-Campaign in Grand Haven, MI
-Economic policy speech in Grand Haven, MI
-Health care policy speech in Grand Haven, MI
-Campaign in Holland, MI
-Veterans policy speech in Holland, MI
-Nuclear energy production policy speech in Holland, MI
-Campaign in Muskegon, MI
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Muskegon, MI
-Energy independence policy speech in Muskegon, MI
-Campaign in Saugatuck, MI

August 13, 2024
-Marco Rubio's Running Mate Announcement Speech in Detroit, MI :

Source : https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?search=Marco+Rubio&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go&ns0=1&ns6=1&ns12=1&ns14=1&ns100=1&ns106=1#/media/File:Marco_Rubio,_Official_Portrait,_112th_Congress.jpg
Thank you my friends, thank you Detroit and thank you Michigan.

You know, Detroit is one of our greatest contributors to America's prosperity through the development of its industry and its status the center of the U.S. automobile industry, and the "Big Three" auto manufacturers General Motors, Ford, and Fiat Chrysler are all headquartered in Metro Detroit. Thanks to Detroit's access to Lake Erie and to other Great Lakes, this city, just like all the Midwest and just like all America benefits from free trade as the successful renegotiation of NAFTA and the ratification of the USMCA, which I voted for in the U.S. Senate, boosted auto manufacturing by requiring 75% of a vehicle's parts to be made in one of the 3 signatory countries in order to remain free from tariffs when moving between the U.S., Canada and Mexico, by strengthening labor laws, by keeping tariffs at zero while further opening up the Canadian market to US dairy, poultry and eggs and allowing more Canadian dairy, peanuts and peanut products to cross the border, which added 76 000 auto jobs in the last 5 years, increased exports and imports and strengthened our competitiveness in the world economy, contributing to the strong economic prosperity America is now living through the creation of 7 and a half million jobs, including 500 000 in the manufacturing sector, and brought our unemployment rate in the lowest rate in 50 years. The reason of such prosperity in the Midwest and then to all America is that we put government aside and send it a message that made sure that it should understand that the procedure to keep our prosperity alive is to cut taxes for all Americans, champion businesses, take advantage of all of America's sources of energy, promote free trade and reduce the cost of doing business in America. That's what we did throughout the last 8 years and brought the strong economic prosperity that America is now living and that's what I will do as President of the United States to get America to full-employment and to secure our country's prosperity.

My friends, I'm here today to announce you who will be my running mate and the next Vice-President of the United States. This is a leader who lived the American Dream and grew up in a hard working class family just like I did. This is a leader who bravely served this country and protected America's values against terror and tyranny as an Apache pilot in Iraq. This is a leader who understands the terrible living conditions of our veterans because he's been with them for a long time. This is a leader who ran businesses and created jobs and who understands that free enterprise, not big government, is the right solution to handle America's economic challenges. This is a leader who has the best business experience and background to make a great contribution to America's economic growth. This is a leader who dedicated all his life to preserve and expand the American Dream and to promote America's greatness by preserving America's status as the best place in the world to do business, by keeping our military strong and by preserving this country's constitutional rights.

My friends, my fellow Americans, I am proud to introduce to you the next Vice-President of the United States of America, Senator John James of the great state of Michigan!

Own creation

Rubio/James 2024
Together for Opportunity
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies