What about 19?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:56:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What about 19?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What about 19?  (Read 222 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 23, 2019, 07:04:09 PM »
« edited: August 23, 2019, 07:24:54 PM by v0031 »

What about 19?

My neighbor is a doctor. He and his wife are some of the   16   people I have ever met. A few years ago, we started this kind of “favor war” where one of us would do something kind for the other, such as   17   the driveway or building a shed, and next time the other would   18   to top it with another favor.
Yesterday morning there was about 2 or 3 feet of snow on the ground and I   19   he shoveled(铲) my driveway for me when I was out on a business trip last  20  . So I took out my shovel and took care of both our sidewalks and driveways because it was my turn to do a favor   21  . It took a while but I finished it and got into my car for work.
That night I got a   22   on my door. It was my neighbor. He immediately shook my hand and thanked me for shoveling   23   driveway and sidewalk so that he was able to get to work earlier and   24   a boy.
“As soon as I started the car early this morning, a(n)   25   came through that a young boy in our neighborhood was seriously ill.   26  , my partner and I were only about 2 minutes away, but the closest ambulance(救护车) 10 minutes,” added he. “A young boy got to live his life   27   you did me the favor earlier this morning.”
It wasn’t too much   28   to shovel a driveway, but what I did got a young boy to see his family again, go back to school again and live his life again.
  29   favor is too small. Even the smallest favor can make the biggest   30  . One favor will always be followed by another.
(    )16. A. nicest   B. busiest   C. richest   D. happiest
(    )17. A. looking for   B. going down   C. cleaning up   D. walking across
(    )18. A. try   B. stop   C. agree   D. refuse
(    )19. A. saw   B. thought   C. expected   D. remembered
(    )20. A. spring   B. summer   C. autumn   D. winter
(    )21. A. soon   B. back   C. again   D. first
(    )22. A. note   B. kick   C. gift   D. knock
(    )23. A. my   B. our   C. his   D. your
(    )24. A. met   B. saved   C. supported   D. encouraged
(    )25. A. call   B. card   C. letter   D. invitation
(    )26. A. Finally   B. Actually   C. Luckily   D. Suddenly
(    )27. A. when   B. unless   C. because   D. though
(    )28. A. practice   B. trouble   C. attention   D. experience
(    )29. A. No   B. Any   C. Some   D. Each
(    )30. A. choice   B. progress   C. decision   D. difference
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 05:39:47 PM »

What about 19?

My neighbor is a doctor. He and his wife are some of the   16   people I have ever met. A few years ago, we started this kind of “favor war” where one of us would do something kind for the other, such as   17   the driveway or building a shed, and next time the other would   18   to top it with another favor.
Yesterday morning there was about 2 or 3 feet of snow on the ground and I   19   he shoveled(铲) my driveway for me when I was out on a business trip last  20  . So I took out my shovel and took care of both our sidewalks and driveways because it was my turn to do a favor   21  . It took a while but I finished it and got into my car for work.
That night I got a   22   on my door. It was my neighbor. He immediately shook my hand and thanked me for shoveling   23   driveway and sidewalk so that he was able to get to work earlier and   24   a boy.
“As soon as I started the car early this morning, a(n)   25   came through that a young boy in our neighborhood was seriously ill.   26  , my partner and I were only about 2 minutes away, but the closest ambulance(救护车) 10 minutes,” added he. “A young boy got to live his life   27   you did me the favor earlier this morning.”
It wasn’t too much   28   to shovel a driveway, but what I did got a young boy to see his family again, go back to school again and live his life again.
  29   favor is too small. Even the smallest favor can make the biggest   30  . One favor will always be followed by another.
(    )16. A. nicest   B. busiest   C. richest   D. happiest
(    )17. A. looking for   B. going down   C. cleaning up   D. walking across
(    )18. A. try   B. stop   C. agree   D. refuse
(    )19. A. saw   B. thought   C. expected   D. remembered
(    )20. A. spring   B. summer   C. autumn   D. winter
(    )21. A. soon   B. back   C. again   D. first
(    )22. A. note   B. kick   C. gift   D. knock
(    )23. A. my   B. our   C. his   D. your
(    )24. A. met   B. saved   C. supported   D. encouraged
(    )25. A. call   B. card   C. letter   D. invitation
(    )26. A. Finally   B. Actually   C. Luckily   D. Suddenly
(    )27. A. when   B. unless   C. because   D. though
(    )28. A. practice   B. trouble   C. attention   D. experience
(    )29. A. No   B. Any   C. Some   D. Each
(    )30. A. choice   B. progress   C. decision   D. difference

I choose "saw". What  do you think?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 06:02:44 PM »

The story is about returning a favor from the past. I think "remembered" fits better in this context.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies