A Nation at Cross Roads - A 2024 Election Game (Sign-up & OOC Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:25:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Nation at Cross Roads - A 2024 Election Game (Sign-up & OOC Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Poll
Question: Which News Org Should Cover Results?
CNN
Fox News
MSNBC
ABC
CBS
NBC
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: A Nation at Cross Roads - A 2024 Election Game (Sign-up & OOC Thread)  (Read 9080 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2019, 07:32:49 PM »

When can we start asking for endorsements?

you can start asking now.

those polling in double digits can ask for four while those polling in single digits can ask for two.

Can I claim Senator Ted Cruz
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2019, 07:48:29 PM »

When can we start asking for endorsements?

you can start asking now.

those polling in double digits can ask for four while those polling in single digits can ask for two.

Can I claim Senator Ted Cruz

granted.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2019, 09:09:56 AM »

GoTFan requested an extension, due to a something personal. Thus, there will be a one week extension for everyone.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2019, 06:01:06 PM »

Can I have Congressman Anthony Gonzalez?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2019, 06:37:29 PM »

Can I have Congressman Anthony Gonzalez?

Granted.

For those who have joined the game after the posting of the First Turn, feel free to post your answers to the General questions as well as your opening and closing statements. You can also post your announcement speeches on the Gameplay Thread.

But thank you for joining, everyone. Never thought this game would be so moderately big on just the first term.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2019, 06:44:57 PM »

Also, did I mention Trump tweets will be a major part of the game? Every turn, a new Trump tweet will happen and this will allow each player to react to them in their own way.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2019, 08:22:14 AM »

GoTFan requested an extension, due to a something personal. Thus, there will be a one week extension for everyone.

You mean a week subsequent to August 30?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2019, 08:31:46 AM »

You mean a week subsequent to August 30?

yep.
MishFox

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2019, 04:41:46 PM »

Could I be Al Franken?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2019, 07:01:09 PM »

Not really. The guy got accused of sexual assault and is definitely finished politically nowadays. Also, if you can get at least 20 posts, you can have someone else.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2019, 08:55:03 PM »

Reminder : Please, everyone, the google docs link I have posted are important to this game's mechanics, as in the congress and primary timeline. Please look at them when doing stuff so I don't have to explain much. It helps us all when you do so.

apologies if I seem rude.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2019, 10:10:12 AM »

Did you get my endorsements?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2019, 05:17:54 PM »

Life happened and so I have to drop out.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2019, 06:31:18 PM »

For all players, I have an interesting idea. We all know digital media is on the rise while msm is on the decline, so by 2024, digital media outlets such as Louder with Crowder, The Daily Wire, The Young Turks, and The David Pakman Show could have real influence in the elections via the news. So, how would it sound for you to decide whether you can have an interview on MSM or Digital Media and choose the outlet you're going on (Though The Young Turks will likely ban Rubio, Shapiro, and the like because those guys are pathetic).

Of course, tho, someone like Shapiro can't be interviewed on the Daily Wire because that's his website, his company, but he can be interviewed elsewhere.

How does this idea sound? (Yes, this includes the Joe Rogan Podcast)
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2019, 06:53:53 PM »

For all players, I have an interesting idea. We all know digital media is on the rise while msm is on the decline, so by 2024, digital media outlets such as Louder with Crowder, The Daily Wire, The Young Turks, and The David Pakman Show could have real influence in the elections via the news. So, how would it sound for you to decide whether you can have an interview on MSM or Digital Media and choose the outlet you're going on (Though The Young Turks will likely ban Rubio, Shapiro, and the like because those guys are pathetic).

Of course, tho, someone like Shapiro can't be interviewed on the Daily Wire because that's his website, his company, but he can be interviewed elsewhere.

I think it's a great idea. A nice way of modernizing campaigning. Even the 2020 candidates right now are doing this sort of tactic in real life.

Yep. Just PM for the interview.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2019, 08:30:48 PM »

So you say, and I expected it, that it would be easier for me to get an interview with Fox News or CNN than with The Young Turks as they are pure left-wing?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2019, 08:34:49 PM »

So you say, and I expected it, that it would be easier for me to get an interview with Fox News or CNN than with The Young Turks as they are pure left-wing?

That and they are literally the type of people that will despise republicans no matter what they do.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2019, 10:43:24 AM »

S019 has requested been granted an extension to Sunday. If you haven't posted your schedule, debate answers, ads, and endorsements, now is the time to do it.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2019, 04:32:35 PM »

S019 has requested been granted an extension to Sunday. If you haven't posted your schedule, debate answers, ads, and endorsements, now is the time to do it.
Can this be the final extension for this turn? It’s already been extended a week, and I’m looking forward to this game really gearing up!
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2019, 04:42:34 PM »

Can this be the final extension for this turn? It’s already been extended a week, and I’m looking forward to this game really gearing up!
^
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2019, 04:56:09 PM »

Yeah, it will be. I'll start writing up the next turn Saturday afternoon at the latest and post the next turn at 7:30 PM EST on Sunday.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2019, 10:45:38 PM »

Can I actually change to Lindsey Graham? I just feel he is a much stronger candidate post-Trump
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2019, 07:35:55 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2019, 07:40:56 AM by Daddy Haslam for Sen, 2020 »

Can I actually change to Lindsey Graham? I just feel he is a much stronger candidate post-Trump

Cruz has already taken him as an endorsement, sadly.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2019, 07:55:18 AM »

Everyone, you have until 7:30 PM EST tomorrow to post your debate answer, your schedule, your ads, and ask for endorsements. If nothing is posted by your candidate, your polling will suffer.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2019, 08:57:05 AM »

Cruz has already taken him as an endorsement, sadly.
That’s ok, I think I can still make Gonzalez a viable candidate
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies